Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Entropy

Adopt a newbie program started

I just read Nova's short story and I thought new players might find it entertaining and helpful. If you are mentoring someone who seems like a reader, I'd suggest this link:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...mp;#entry499100

I'm not personally a fan of Harry Potter, but still enjoyed the story. If your newbie likes the books or movies, then this link is a must.

Where are we at with this initiative? is there an NPC as suggested earlier in the thread (or perhaps it could be the Tutorial NPC to suggest this to new players) or do we have to contact newbies on IP directly?

Rehdon

Do many newbies get forum accounts straight away? I waited about 2 months before getting one - long after being a newb (although I'm still a nùùb :D)

Anyways, I'm looking for a pet project, so if anyone finds an abundance of newbies - send one my way :P

Grimble (if he shows up ingame again) and Wesmania (mentor) signing up.

Do many newbies get forum accounts straight away?

Some do some don't (usually the ones who do are ones with technical issues).

The idea is for the mentor to go to wraith or beam to find them and see who looks like a real newbie and be willing to spend the time needed on IP and then the rest of the newbie-ish maps (DP, votd, WS, and the like) to help them and guide them into becoming self-sufficient knowledgeable players that want to stay.

That's the hardest part I think, getting people willing to to physically spend the time (not just pm's) with the newbie doing newbie things on a regular basis.

Grimble didn't show up for a week, so I started to search for another newbie to adopt.

EDIT: chumba/Wesmania(mentor) signing up.

Edited by Wesmania

I would like to inquire if this project is still active? It's been a couple months now, and I think all those prizes people lovingly donated are starting to rot :)

Well, it was never canceled, but I guess it is not very active now.

With the prizes, I think we can use them for some event, so just hold onto them.

lol My guild could have had 20 entries in here, but for us, that would kill the fun of helping the newbs in the first place. It is, afterall, our usual routine.

My own newbies have been very innactive, and though I don't see this as a reason to stop helping, I'm not sure if personally its worth it to go through explaining the adopt a newbie program and continuously signing them up. :(

I'll hold onto the prizes if this contest continues, or if radu wants them used for something else. Just let me know I guess...

Unfortunately nothing has really come of this, and these prizes are beginning to become a burden on my sto slots.

Unless a new prize bearer wants to step forth I would request that everyone who donated contact me ingame so I might return the items.

Thanks.