Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
diego69

IP ban

Hi I am BlackHawk, I just got this IP ban. I came to Turkey(my home country) for holidays to see my family etc. I live in Spain and I play from there daily.

I was playing EL in my cousin's house(his internet and he doesn't play EL at all), noone plays in this IP except me and i only play when i come and during my stay (approximately 3 weeks or so). Asgnny mentioned to me indirectly (through a friend) that this was just an IP ban, the ban occured during an internet resynct. I lost connection to the internet access for about 1 min approx. and when i came back to log on, i found out that the IP had been banned. I know and i have been informed that there has been no illegal activity of any kind in the IP, so i am wondering why the IP was banned (i believe it was a system error or a misunderstanding), and if it can be fixed as soon as possible.

Thank you for your time,

BlackHawk

You are apparently being given a different IP every time you reconnect by your isp in turkey. A lot of turkish IP ranges are banned due to a lot of trouble coming consistently from those areas.

Also blackhawk looks not only to be shared but fought over and I see a bunch of password changes, bad enough, and I am not going to whitelist a character like this, not knowing who is going to be let on to avoid an IP ban.

Ok i understand the first part, i just asked this as a favor, if you cannot do it, there is no probem.

The second part, i took a break from EL due to some personal causes, so i gave my char to a friend of mine so that he could try this game and maybe play it constantly. He didn't do anything for me or my charachter, the only thing he used it for was to try and discover the game itself as I adviced this game to him.

He liked the game and now he has his own charachter, he does not use my charachter anymore, and since i am back on EL now, i only use this char myself.

All i ask from u is to help me out so i can enjoy this game not only at my house in Spain but also on vacation (in turkey), i hope that you will understand.

PS: I don't see anything bad about changing the password of a charachter, but if it is a problem i will not change it anymore.

I respect the game totally and the creator itself, radu.

Thank you for your time,

BlackHawk.

Edited by diego 69

It's been on more than one other person's IP (not counting your spain and turkey IP's).

I see many recent log on attempts by those people too, so no I am not whitelisting a character with all of these sharing issues.

Well thank you for your attention, but i would like to add that my friend played from portugal(while on vacation) and england(in his university, in nottingham) but i don't want to start any discussions because it is not necessary so i will leave it as it is.

Thanks again,

BlackHawk

Edited by diego 69