Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Zieg

pretty sure this falls here...

Guest Zieg

ok... i'm new to the forums... although i've been on like 30 other ones... anyway, i was wondering.... how do you join the map makeing team??? i've been playing for like a week or so, and i make maps and other graphics for my games useing simular proggies to the map maker in this game... so... i wanna join the map team!!!

Creating a map for Eternal Lands?

Anyone can contribute to the development of Eternal Lands by creating one, or more, maps. As you can see on one of the images the continent is divided up into boxes. Every one of these boxes symbolizes a whole map. The red color on the map numbers symbolizes a PK(player killing) map. On the blue numbers, you cannot fight with other players, only monsters and other creatures.

Read this if you want to make a map: We have now decided that if you want to volunteer to make one of these maps for the game, you first have to demonstrate your abiliy to

1. Read and understand the Mapeditor Manual

2. That you are creative and have the potential to make GREAT maps for the game.

You will do this by making a VERY SMALL(16x16) map. We want to see a lake/river, a forest and a small village on the testmap. After you finish that, send the map to moonshadow@eternal-lands.de. THEN PM, or EMAIL Moonshadow and he will provide you with more specific information, if you get approved.

**You have to make a map that is the quality of the maps in the game or better to get accepted!!**

What do you get if you make a map for us?

Well, if you make one big map or a few small maps, you can gain a Free LIFETIME membership for the p2p version of Eternal Lands! This is to be determined by us on the amount of work you have done, and the quality of it.

thats on the map page (http://www.eternal-lands.com/index.php?content=maps) well there ya go :)

I sent a 16x16 map, did not take long, I was kinda thinking if I make a few 16x16 maps till I perfect it I might be allowed to create the Gnomes homeland lol. I got a pretty good picture of what it is going to look like, and if if I can't I will still build it just to do it lol.

That what i just got has no heightmap, all the 2ds + roads are flickering.

And there are only a few houses and trees ... way to undetailed.

Oh i forgot the wagon with the banana on it ...

For the heightmap and flickering you should read the manual again.

lol it took me 5 minutes to do that.

I can name 4 things you didnt list there that was wrong with it:

1) The river on side with buildings, the edges for river are not touching so it shows a little green bewteen.

2) The roads flickering are because I did not alterate the heights of each before overlapping it

Everything you just said was wrong with it I know how to fix lol. Oh yes and the manual....if thats whats its called....stinks, and it doesnt talk about heightmapping either just for the info. Figured I would let you know so maybe add it in somewhere miht help too lol, took me about 2 hours to figure the heightmapping out and I still think Igot it wrong lol.

Oh yes and the manual....if thats whats its called....stinks, and it doesnt talk about heightmapping either just for the info.

You sure you actually read it? Because it did explain height-mapping when I was trying to make a map.

Yea it does say something about heightmap.

I wonder why you send me your map when you know that it is not good enough and you say "i only worked 5 minutes".

Do you really expect that making a map only takes 5 minutes?

So if you want to retry making a map then be sure you make a good one which took you more than 5 mins. =)

I'm glad it's the mapmaking team and not the mod team, i have a general dislike for arrogant people.

:shock: That is an arrogant statement in itself.

Btw, I might eventually submit one of my maps...instead of just plotting out junk with them :P