Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
gottrech

Ebul moneymaking scheme for our god

Inspired by the recent discussions about too little RL income for Radu i had the following idea:

Allow players to pay to obtain advantages, and at the same time allow players to pay to remove other players advantages - level the playing field so to speak.

So how would this work ? First the advantage side - the more you pay the larger your advantage. This should probably not be linear, but with cost going up exponentially and some kind of cap. The advantages could be any or all of the advantages discussed in the gold membership thread.

Next the remove advantage side - someone pays and everybodys advantages are lowered accordingly.

Thus if someone is stinking rich they would first pay to remove all advantages for everybody and then pay even more to raise their own advantage to the max.

I know a lot of people dont like the idea that RL money gives you an advantage in EL, but this is already taking place and this scheme actually makes it possibly for ppl who like a level playing field to pay to keep it level. It also has the advantage that the RL money people spend will actually go to the ppl deserving the money and not to those exploiting Radu's good work for their own profit.

no, bad idea. No one would spend money when someone else could spend a little mroe and negate everything they just spent

Sqwurl: You dont think anyone would pay to obtain advantages over everyone else ?

GoodDay2Die: Hmm, thats what I call highly informational and constructive criticism - NOT :w00t:

RunTime: I do not mean that you spend 5$ to get an advantage and I can then spend 5$ to cancel your advantage completely. It might tage 25, 50 or 100 people to each spend 5$ to cancel your advantage (and everyone else's advantage). Thus if you pay to gain an advantage either you can expect to have the advantage for a while unless someone with a lot of money decides to cancel your advantage.

In my experience people are willing to pay to gain an advantage. With the gold membership everyone pays 5$/month to gain an advantage and many of their competitors do the same and the advantages cancel out and people dont spend more. With this idea I hope that some people with deep pockets will spend a substantial amount of money and thus put a smile back on Radu's face.

Pay to get advantage OK.

Pay to scrue someone else not OK. Its probably something that if existed in RL woul be a crime and you probably go to jail for think like this.

Pay to get advantage OK.

Pay to scrue someone else not OK. Its probably something that if existed in RL woul be a crime and you probably go to jail for think like this.

In RL these two things getting an advantage for yourself and taking away the advantage of others are linked. If a company spends a lot of money on advertizing they are likely to increase their market share thus gaining an advantage and removing somebody else's advantage since the market is often of nearly fixed size. This is in no way a crime in RL and even if it was this has no bearing on EL - you dont get charged with manslaughter after PK-ing...

Also you dont go to jail for thinking about things....

Pay to get advantage OK.

In RL these two things getting an advantage for yourself and taking away the advantage of others are linked. If a company spends a lot of money on advertizing they are likely to increase their market share thus gaining an advantage and removing somebody else's advantage since the market is often of nearly fixed size. This is in no way a crime in RL and even if it was this has no bearing on EL - you dont get charged with manslaughter after PK-ing...

Also you dont go to jail for thinking about things....

you go to jail for lowering peoples "stats" (stealing/destroying property, hurting them.)

I think a better approach to trying to balance things would be to introduce a bunch of stones (name irrelevant) that tie into the ingame calendar. Bonuses are given according to the month in which theyre used OR could be specific to certain months.

Example: Viasian stones could give 5% extra chance for magic spells NOT suffering a fail.

It would bring in new items you can buy only from the el shop as well as tying in nicely with the calendar, kinda brings it together nicely.

I seem to recall someone suggesting this idea in the past at some point, or something similar but since I am using quick reply and my memory is vague, I'll apologise in advance for not using search. Oh wait..i think it was more along lines of the months themselves giving the bonuses out to everyone ingame/online during them, NOT for a stone that allows the bonus effect.