• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

Voted yes, I definitely would pay $5 a month to support the shop if it makes everyone's gameplay easier. I have seen enough of gc farmers witholding rare drops to drive their price high, and generally holding the market hostage to say otherwise.

I would like to suggest a compromise for non $$ payers to pay you indirectly. What if they pay you by trading rostos or other shop items? Will this be an acceptable arrangement?

Also, what price are you considering for yearly (and if possible lifetime) gold memberships?

I've done this on my own GTA multiplayer server, made 3 packages from Bronze to Gold to give small advantages for a small price ( so i can keep my server up and running, you know )

It's working smooth and I have to say that there are way more Eternal lands players out there willing to pay 5-whatever a month then there are GTA players who would do it.

I'm sure you could make a good business out of it (less stress, less shop stuff to do, etc) and actually still benefit your game in a positive way. The price is also very low as you mentioned it so i'm sure even teenage EL players can easily afford this.

Sounds cool to me.

Some games having a membership is pretty much a necessity, even though they say its not. In the way its purposed it doesnt give a huge advantage and its not at all a necessity. It just gives the same edge to people that already pay money to buy gear or lvl their chars. I dont see anything wrong with it at all, I'm suprised you even ask which shows you care a lot more about your players than most games do.

I'd also scrap the bots while your at it. Any player willing to pay money to get a bot in game is probably willing to pay more from a shop to get the same gain. Plus I think its ruined the games economy, its very hard to even trade with a real player anymore... very odd for an MMO. I think an auction house would be 10x better since any normal player nowadays pretty much expects one.

I voted for yes, but won't buy myself. I also voted for experience bonus as I think this would be of most benefit to regular players are able to buy this. I think the options for low break rates & better harvest drops would benefit a narrower section of players, with the main beneficiaries being gold coin harvesters.

Overall I think this is a great idea and I'm happy to support whatever of the options gets picked because it will help the game (and obviously Radu & Roja who spend a lot of time on it). To folk who are suggesting it will create a class system (or less likely provide an insurmountable benefit to paying players) , I don't think it will, but it might provide an entertaining new twist to the game anyway (and a challenge).

Another thought I had reading this was that rather than offering gold membership you could sell lucky charms that provide a benefit for 30 days at a time, $5 each or discount for multiple purchases. They would be activated the first time you use them and would disappear automatically 30 days from activation (whether you logged on in that period or not). Each charm needs to be worn in order to gain the benefit and would use one inventory (I mean the slots where you wear stuff not the main inventory) slot but could be placed in any inventory slot. Each one would provide a single effect from the original list or other effects.

I know this will be unpopular with some, but create new maps (single island maps, perhaps just discovered far from the coast of Seridia or Irilion) maybe with new resources or creatures, these maps would only be accessed using shop bought rings. I would suggest selling 100 rings for $5, which I believe would allow everyone to go even free players as these would eventually appear on the market at 400-750gc ea. I think if the maps were designed well and had a storage you could sell quite a lot of these. This is a halfway house on having paid areas but it would not be impossible for free players to go. The price I suggest also keeps it realistic in game and folk might buy 50 for themselves and sell the other 50, allowing everyone the option if they put in a little effort.

As for the issue of gold coin sellers/buyers, this happens in every game (though there are games better for this, so I assume they are banned from them), so no surprise it's going on here. I don't see the point in any more rules against farmers or banning players (this isn't working already and is making the game less fun for regular players). I would suggest that you sell gold coins, I'm sure a quick google search would help find you a daily exchange rate, I know the arguments against this but realistically this is your best way to stamp out gold coin farming.

Nice necro ^_^

I would vote "Yes" and "All of the above"

A nice necro isn't bad ;)

If I had to vote now I would go for "Yes" and, heck, why not "All of the above"?

I like that idea orick :)

I couldn't buy it every month, but here and there would be nice.

This is an idea that really should be reconsidered, due to the "publics" opinion looks like a lot of people would buy and enjoy this feature.

I dont know if this was mentioned I didnt read the whole forum for this topic but I was thinking that flowers are a pain to harvest and maybe another idea for the gold memebers is that while harvesting just the flowers the effect of the har cape would be doubled. this alone would make me want the gold membership and would get it just for this reason. I dont think that would change things much but would help out the harvesters alittle bit more imo.

would be cool if all were options but you had to pick only one or buy more then 1 membership

Also think this would be a great idea u might want one advantage over another and still beable to get both if thats what u chose to do at seperate times. Like the less chance to break an item. that is a very good idea to have for the ppl with the gold membership but its one advantage I wouldnt want at the moment while trying to do the break armor/weapon quests. though when I complete both quests its something I'd want to add at a later time if it was implemented into the game this way :D

So the Idea of buying each individually +1