• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

Thinking about it while sober :bow_arrow: - I think it would make the game more fun, especially if its more exp this thing gives. Ive played other games with the same kind of thing, and it made the game more fun because you progressed a little bit quicker and werent at the same spawns for days and days.

And its not like its too expensive, I would totally pay for this.

(Voted yes, and more experience)

Edited by Mauler

I would pay for the gold membership, and as benefit i would like higher find stone/make rare rate for EVERYONE (yes, for non-paying members as well)... don't want the benefits that are posted above really as they would feel like cheating.

However i do believe the paying members should have some in-game benefits for paying, i think of something like NPCs that talk only to gold members, maybe some advanced skills/books would be cheaper, or quests which are only available to the gold members.

Might pay. However, the main reasons I play EL instead of WoW, LotR, etc is because there is no monthly fee to play and it has a linux client.

Edited by nocnoc

I'm for it, especially if that means you'll have more money and incentive to keep up the development.

I will buy it, if I can rearrange my budget to afford it... Maybe this could be my reason to finally quit smoking.

I think most of the benefits are okay, like higher rare make/find rates, and lower break rates. I think the differently-colored name would appeal to a few people, but I'm not one of them, so that should be optional, if it's included at all...

And for experience, I think it's actually fine, if it's relatively low. I know that fairness is in your best interest, and I think a lot of people are forgetting all the work you've put into keeping everything balanced so far.

As for all you "absolutely not" folks, I have a quote for you: All things in moderation. Don't pretend it would be the end of the world and establish yourself as completely against something, because if you change your vote, you get to either sound like a fool or be a one. Think about it.

How about for the exp boost (for a/d atleast) you just make it not go down every level like it does?

That would be insane.

How about for the exp boost (for a/d atleast) you just make it not go down every level like it does?

That would be insane.

WAY too much of a boost, I'd get like permanent sun tzu with that.... even a little better.

That would be insane.

WAY too much of a boost, I'd get like permanent sun tzu with that.... even a little better.

Ah I see now I forgot that you'd be getting the exp with what your a/d was at 1/1 or w/e it starts out at.

This is truly a great idea and Hell i might even get a lifetime membership

(forgive the formaty grammar and spelling of this post, i am working off my cell phone)

i have m.ixed feelings as far as this is concerend. i understand and agree with all the positive attributes this will bring to the development. in fact i would probably be the firsst to line up for it. however i have a few concerns. if this is the route that el chooses to take then we need to see a more aggressive advertising campaign. in casse you havent noticed the game is running stagnant on new players lately. i dont place the blame on the game but rather a complete neglect of advertising on ents part (sorry ent i love you but you do fail in this area)

my second worry is that i AM one of those aforementioned "gold farmers". id even go so far as to say im prolly one of the larger buyers. (cumulatively over the years) As it stand i simply do NOT have the time to make gold the old fashioned way and being able to purchase items from the shop hass been a great boon to me. i would be very sad to see the shop go away. or even to see the prices increase.

Well I'd say yes, but isn't this what P2P races were all about? Sounds like all the players already have P2P...

I don't have P2P, neither does my wife. Define "all".

hugs all,

I voted yes and I would buy,

I think ents idea of Gold Membership is a very good idea

Thousands of dollars are spent buying GC's, EFE's EME's bars, stone's, inventory's, and Characters. etc etc

all of these things give players XP in one way or another. So XP is ALREADY being bought.

I have been playing El since before the BIG crash. I don't think its fair that someone who just started playing EL can buy a

character that is stronger than I am, but they can. Money talks, has always and will continue to buy extra perks and XP

for people willing to spend it

When can i become a Gold member :)))))))

I like the idea also, and would certainly buy gold membership for no other reason than wanting to support the game.

However, I think it might be better applied to guilds than individuals. Kind of things it might provide (imho) could be....

A larger customisable entry on an eternal lands 'guilds' page.

guild name advertising on an el map

Additional in-game guild commands

Access to in-game recruiting tools

In terms of cost, guilds tend to have deeper pockets than individuals (at least better organised guilds do), so you could charge around $3-400pa without difficulty.

I would certainly buy for TKN

I like the idea also, and would certainly buy gold membership for no other reason than wanting to support the game.

However, I think it might be better applied to guilds than individuals. Kind of things it might provide (imho) could be....

In terms of cost, guilds tend to have deeper pockets than individuals (at least better organised guilds do), so you could charge around $3-400pa without difficulty.

For those things I can't imagine many (or any) other guilds being interested. When it comes to spending $$$ on EL I would presume you are not a most typical example (I for one don't tend to buy laptops for people i 'hate' on EL ^^)

For those things I can't imagine many (or any) other guilds being interested. When it comes to spending $$$ on EL I would presume you are not a most typical example (I for one don't tend to buy laptops for people i 'hate' on EL ^^)

Fair to say that none of the things I suggested are likely to be of interest (or use) to anyone who uses the game mainly as a means to earn money from other players by selling chars and gold-farming.

Problem is that the advantage you take from those activities is to the disadvantage of everyone else, including those who operate and develop the game. If you read back to the beginning of this thread (something you really ought to have done before commenting), you'll see that the idea of 'gold membership' was (in part) in response to the damage done to the el economy by those who misuse the game simply to earn irl cash.

Not sure about the relevance of your laptop comment. Were you hoping that by being an ass, I'd buy you one ?

Edited by themuntdregger

Try to stay on topic, please.