• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

A soft reset sounds like a good idea to me. But not linked to the gold membership at all. Just another service that can be purchased for some of those $$'s

For some reason this idea popped into my head again while playing this morning and realised I hadn't heard anything about it lately.

So I searched it out, heh.

Has this idea been abandoned?

I'm all for gold memberships, but also with gold advantages :whistle: On other games, you can get 200-300% experience for silver/gold memberships. Now, EL is not a purely H&S game, so it could be a little lower, but 2% more experience, name with a fancy color and slightly higher chance to make an enriched essence would probably not cut it for me.

If not increasing the experience rates, maybe we could get our own pr0 maps with 2-3x spawns? That would be awesome indeed :pickaxe:

I'm all for gold memberships, but also with gold advantages :whistle: On other games, you can get 200-300% experience for silver/gold memberships. Now, EL is not a purely H&S game, so it could be a little lower, but 2% more experience, name with a fancy color and slightly higher chance to make an enriched essence would probably not cut it for me.

If not increasing the experience rates, maybe we could get our own pr0 maps with 2-3x spawns? That would be awesome indeed :pickaxe:

Just lol.

You obviously haven't played that long have you?

These gold/silver membership advantages you explained, they're off Combat Arms aren't they? Which is a FPS game... where you don't have anything close to the economy an MMORPG would have.

Edited by bigkav

I'm all for gold memberships, but also with gold advantages :) On other games, you can get 200-300% experience for silver/gold memberships. Now, EL is not a purely H&S game, so it could be a little lower, but 2% more experience, name with a fancy color and slightly higher chance to make an enriched essence would probably not cut it for me.

If not increasing the experience rates, maybe we could get our own pr0 maps with 2-3x spawns? That would be awesome indeed :D

Just lol.

You obviously haven't played that long have you?

These gold/silver membership advantages you explained, they're off Combat Arms aren't they? Which is a FPS game... where you don't have anything close to the economy an MMORPG would have.

Nah, I haven't played EL for long, just my sixth year now(altho I've been off most of the time). And those rates are from MU online.

Edited by RomanHD

Nonetheless, kav is right that your suggestions for the benefits gold/silver membership should offer are ill conceived.

Nonetheless, kav is right that your suggestions for the benefits gold/silver membership should offer are ill conceived.

I know, but I still would like it :)

I would like this idea if there was a lifetime subscription.

lifetime subscriptions are bad, it only offers $ income to shop for a short period of time, soon everyone would get a lifetime subscription

edit: unless a gold membership gives multiple benefits from which you can pick a few options, and then pay $ to change your benefits if you want to

Edited by Infamous

Good idea! But i did not vote for any of the options other then the colored name, the other options are to much imo, maybe something like Gold Members get a free horse would be ok because it would not have a real advantage, it only looks cool.

Imo people only want more and more once you give them a little, soon the little is too little and we wants more, so a little extra xp is not enough a little bigger chances on enriched is so small people start wondereing if its actually there (like with the Artificer Perk) same with any other xp/gc related rewards. I think its better to have some none gc/xp related items that are only for gold members, like the horse or some special designers clothing a nice hat or other items that affect the looks of a character.

Cheers,

Whisky

I don't really see why a gold membership should have any more advantages then the ones entropy already pointed out.

Still the feeling keeps on coming to me, when i read this topic, is that this will only mean more "riches gets all" into this game..

I think there are more people here that wouldnt spend real $$ on games then that there are people that would.

And those that do spend real $$ on this game already have the advantages of buying stuff in the EL shop and buying GC from people in game.

Sure it still is ur own choice if u would spend real $$ on this game or not, but if u also give these people the +2% advantage on some common things in the game, it will be a bit of a spoil for those that don't want to spend real $$ on games.

I'm aware of the fact that it's a really small amount of advantage but it's still an advantage..

Could be just me, but i would even buy a gold member subscription every once in a while, just to have my name in another color or maybe a special cloak just for the goldmembers.. In other words i would not need any % of gameadvantage to maybe buy myself a goldmembership cause i think it would be unfair against those which just don't have money for it.

Yes, i know this is pointed out before by someone i believe (im at work, no time to read all posts again), but i just wanted to point this out, even with such a small advantage it still is a bit unfair, but it's just my feeling about it.

ZEN

Has this idea been abandoned?
I hope yes

On the contrary, I hope this idea will get implemented at some point. I've seen similar solutions in other mmorps and they work just fine. Nobody is forced to obtain one.

On the contrary, I hope this idea will get implemented at some point. I've seen similar solutions in other mmorps and they work just fine. Nobody is forced to obtain one.
It you like it, what are you doing there (nothing personal) - you are free to play these other mmorps :)

I don't really see why a gold membership should have any more advantages then the ones entropy already pointed out.

Still the feeling keeps on coming to me, when i read this topic, is that this will only mean more "riches gets all" into this game..

i bet every other entertainment you have in life you gotta pay for it so why is that big of a deal paying 5 bucks on a computer game you play???

Yes it must go through! If the EL team has more $ to spend they can update the game and keep it alive for everyones enjoyment, paying and non paying members. So some sort of extra income must be generated and as long as WE don't donate a shit load of money to the EL Team we have to be seduced in other ways to handing over our money so they can keep building on EL and keep it running, rather then have to get a 'real' job so they can eat and live life.

Any other working and reliable solutions to making money are always welcome ... rather then 'Don't do it its a bad idea', i believe this idea can be implemented in a harmless way for the existing game and wont hurt non gold members while making some extra income for the EL team to benefit us all.

Cheers,

Whisky

Edited by Whisky

lifetime subscriptions are bad, it only offers $ income to shop for a short period of time, soon everyone would get a lifetime subscription

edit: unless a gold membership gives multiple benefits from which you can pick a few options, and then pay $ to change your benefits if you want to

The reason I would want lifetime is because I would rather get it out of the way. It takes 2-3 weeks for funds from a Canadian chequing account to clear through PayPal. If it was a yearly thing it wouldn't be too bad. Just a pain in the ass each time it expires :devlish:

It you like it, what are you doing there (nothing personal) - you are free to play these other mmorps :devlish:

He's also free to play this one, as are you. And spend $ on it if he likes.

i bet every other entertainment you have in life you gotta pay for it so why is that big of a deal paying 5 bucks on a computer game you play???

If u feel to respond on my messages then take time to read the complete message!

I said that i wouldn't mind to pay for a subscription every once in a while, i just don't see the need for any advantages in any sort.

It you like it, what are you doing there (nothing personal) - you are free to play these other mmorps :P

What made you think I do NOT play the other ones, huh? I do, indeed.

Yet, considering the issues mentioned by Radu in his first post in this thread (and couple other ones), I think that a reasonable implementation of VIP/Gold/any other Membership might solve at least some issues. Eternal Lands was my first MMORPG I ever played and thus it takes a special place in my heart. That's probably why I keep caring and discussing changes to the gameplay here.

Your, meant to be nifty, comment fails.

I think there should be something like Gold Points (for all completed quests, PK fight wins, rare items made) to spend for afk harvesting or something, with option of buying Gold Points from EL shop. I don't like games, where only "rich" players got profits and 1 donator can own 10 "normal" players on PK at the same time, just because he pay X amount $/month. There are few (lots :P) of players that can't use paypal or other payment option (because of age, or just don't want/can't spend money on game). And IMHO payments should be native to other players (without exp bonus, or something like other stuff posted in this thread), that's just fun-breaker for normal players (I like EL, and because I want help game grow up I payed for my <3 p2p race, but this won't make me "uber strong", and I like this :))

Greetings,

PumbaPL

Edited by PumbaPL

As other ppl said we're not living good irl economy times so paying in gc is the only way I could pay that fee.

I dont really like the idea because it would split the comunity, etc etc but if implemented I'd be fine with all

benefits but "buying exp".And i dont really think it's necessary a different color tag.

~Zk

Edited by Zakil