• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

I have the same answer to all games that fall in the "Premium"-(shop/account) category:

I would rather pay $/month and have a clean game.

And more EXP for money is my goddam online-gaming ENEMY!!!

Anything but this.

<3

Tvinn

I'd like to go off topic a little here if possible

This whole gold farming issue seems to have "hit teh fan" due to recognition of the current undervalue of the ingame gold coin.

As for the value of the gold coin itself, I'd propose some radical change in the way people think when theyre playing. Simply put: "dont be sheep".

Why are efe priced at 8kgc ingame? Well its because thats what price everyone is willing to sell them at? Almost right, but thats the sheep answer. Then its because that is what price a buyer is willing to buy them at? Very correct but again the sheep answer.

So..be teh shepherd. If buyers insisted only buying efe from market at 6kgc they'd eventually get them at that price.

Seriously.

I don't think there's a need to explain the logic behind that. If you are willing to fork out 8k for an efe that's your affair, grassgrazers. But dont complain about the economy when you can actually make a difference and are simply refusing to do so because you're following what everyone else is doing.

Whats it to be? One of the herd or a little initiative?

Suggestion I think a lot of people will like: only advantage you get for paying the goldmember fee is you get autoharvest, and a decrease in mini events.

Well I voted YES... I been playing this game almost since it was released for public, and I jumped at the idea of P2P (lifetime) without hesitation. And I will ofcourse pay RL cash for the added benefits that ultimately are decided on by Ent. All those that cant or simply will not pay for the FULL experience of this great game can just like it or lump it IMHO. If a person pays to play the game then rightfully he/she should expect a little something for his/her support of the game. Afterall that is the concept right...lol hence the tittles PAY 2 PLAY.....GOLDMEMBER ect... I fully support this idea and will support this game for as long as I draw a breath.

EL addict for life! Get-r-done Ent.. I got your back! Who's coming with me!

I know something that would make radu not implement this :pickaxe::icon13:

EDIT# I mean the flee thingie :P

Edited by Kaddy

Suggestion I think a lot of people will like: only advantage you get for paying the goldmember fee is you get autoharvest, and a decrease in mini events.

Yes, if the mini events will stay as they are now, do I want to change my vote to no.

I have not played for ages since selling my account to someone with more dollars than cents (sense).

When i was activly playing i the first thing i did was to pay for a P2P character this was to give me an advantage over those players too p00r to afford a P2P character ie no fighting books available to give pvp advantage etc...

Win for me win for radu imo.

Can i suggest that as a gold member rather than xp or better chance to make rare items etc that maybe some other stuff be considered as well or instead. Such as:

- essence/mana cost for casting spells be reduced. Restore spell currently 4 health ess. maybe reduce to 3 health essence for gold members.

- Third state of degrade on items. currently: new > degraded, maybe new > chipped > degraded

- Rostos work twice b4 dissapear or gold members have access to rostos from an NPC which bind to thier account so they cant be on sold.

- Food cost or food cooldown reduced when mixing items

Bit off topic but I always though the idea of selling a lifetime p2p character was not a good business strategy because you could only sell it once per person, better to sell it on a yearly basis.

@ohmygod:

Although some of the ideas are cool, wouldn't the first two suggestions (in the same line) make magic training/PKing a lot easier for the gold members? I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, I just wouldn't like someone gaining a huge advantage over the regulars.

The degraded items would be cool, but that doesn't really help the problem with supply and demand we're having just now.

Rostogols... mhm, not so sure. It would be a cool idea, but if a rostogol is passed between gold members then additional programming will be needed to ensure rostogols are still exiting the game.

Food reduction would require like, a whole redesigning of the mixing window, would it not? I think that's a lot of work, but then if the reduction is only like, 5 FP, then I don't think it would grant a huge advantage.

@ohmygod:

Although some of the ideas are cool, wouldn't the first two suggestions (in the same line) make magic training/PKing a lot easier for the gold members? I'm not sure if that's a bad thing, I just wouldn't like someone gaining a huge advantage over the regulars.

The degraded items would be cool, but that doesn't really help the problem with supply and demand we're having just now.

Rostogols... mhm, not so sure. It would be a cool idea, but if a rostogol is passed between gold members then additional programming will be needed to ensure rostogols are still exiting the game.

Food reduction would require like, a whole redesigning of the mixing window, would it not? I think that's a lot of work, but then if the reduction is only like, 5 FP, then I don't think it would grant a huge advantage.

I think that there should be a real benifit for gold membership or else why bother to pay for it? If you have the membership too you will have access to the benifits. If you dont have the membership you work hard in game or RL to get it because its something you want. Everyone has the oportunity to get the membership/account upgrade.

Thermal serps for pking was like this when i 1st started playing. i.e. not available in game only from shop yet every man and his dog seemed to have access to one.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know a lot of people who pay gold to others in exchange for shop bought items. There were even top pkers (when i was playing) who didnt even spend a single rl $ on the game and just traded thier in game gold for shop items. The p00r players if they want these benifits can always do this too and find "ebul $ players" who will exchange game gold for shop items or character upgrades. (HINT: ask on unofficial forums and work out a deal).

There is a saying that you bust a rostogol stone you buy a brick for radu. At the end of the day radu needs more ways to get his bricks. I was always all for this happening and to offer a real benifit for a paid annual service can only make him $.

Stop whining at people who spend $ on this game and use them to pay for this "gold membership" if your too broke ass to afford to pay for it yourself.

kk ty

Whining? I don't see who or what is trying/supposed to whine. I guess the premise of my post is thus: although I acknowledge that $$$ players will always have a significant advantage over non-paying players, there shouldn't be an absolutely massive gap in ability to play the game between these two players. There would be a (previously mentioned) dichotomy in EL, and while I'd probably end up converting to Gold Membership myself, I hope this system will be implemented in such a way it gives the other players an equal opportunity at everything I do.

Hey, I think I'll refer to Gold Membership as the GM Perk, since its a little less confusing.

Suggestions for what should be included in Gold Membership Perk:

-Doubled/increased harvest-experience period for all harvestables. This is hardly unfair as a Player X with GM Perk potentially harvests 240 BQ for SRs, while Player Y harvests, say, Dung for Engineering. At the end of the day it only comes down to how the player allocates his experience, and at worst the non-paying player can catch up to the payer buy doing more harvesting.

-Reduced break-rate. Not like, a whole new stage of degradation, but a collection of static numbers that would reduce the chance of any items breaking. This all boils down to luck: potentially the payer with Gold Membership Perk will break more items than the non-payer with a +900 Degrade Astrology. Conversely, Payer X breaks fewer items than non-payer who has taken Skeptic. All depends on the numbers.

-Custom, 'shop-only' character customisation. Perhaps Roja could design some more models, which could only be accessed through Gold Membership Perk. Like, new clothing (with logos? I <3 NY ? :P), or a specific face-customisation extra (like, how you can customise your Sims), etc. There would be one change included in the initial purchase of Gold Member Perk, but all subsequent require an additional static fee.

-Additional item quick-slots. OK, so some custom clients already have this, but it's a bonus nonetheless for people who can't/don't program their own client. Ideally, someone like Labby/bluap/another official dev would code these to actually fit in the EL window, without looking out of shape.

-More spaces in storage. Not sure if this would be useful... maybe just another side bonus. Fifty, or so?, additional spaces in storage.

-Increase on harvesting speed. Not a huge increase, but maybe static-harvest items (like Silver) could be reduced by maybe a second, or half a second. Maybe this shouldn't be combined with the increased harvesting experience though... Not sure if that would be overpowered.

-Adjusted NPC buy/sell prices. Make it profitable to trade with NPCs, or create an NPC which buys all the crap people generally don't use. I'd like to see the former idea implemented, if it is to be, though.

Would that tempt you into subscribing, ohmygod? :P

-----

The real problem with any benefits though is the problem we're having with supply and demand at the moment. The above suggestions would lead to even more saturation of raw materials, and yeah although some of them would be used, a lot would just sit in storage.

Edited by Aphistolas

Wading through the ton of non-poll added suggestions, most all of which seem to be a bit too much to allow the game to continue without too much preference to payers (which would be game death), the original suggestion with token benefits (as suggested in the poll itself, the diff-colored name excepted) still sounds best here.

And keeps it simple. Too many people wanting too many things in 11 pages of reading.

Wading through the ton of non-poll added suggestions, most all of which seem to be a bit too much to allow the game to continue without too much preference to payers (which would be game death), the original suggestion with token benefits (as suggested in the poll itself, the diff-colored name excepted) still sounds best here.

And keeps it simple. Too many people wanting too many things in 11 pages of reading.

The problem with those benefits is exactly that, though, they're token. Nobody will bother renewing if the changes aren't something that other players can't (easily) get their hands on. I would ask that you read my suggestions and review, mind you...

-More spaces in storage. Not sure if this would be useful... maybe just another side bonus. Fifty, or so?, additional spaces in storage.

I just had another thought on this... Perhaps, to make the Gold Member Perk more useful, the number of spaces in storage could be reduced? This actually comes from another game I played awhile ago, where your character started off with a limited number of slots (10, or so) and you could 'upgrade' your storage to something like, 5-10x that number buy procuring a rare gemstone. Maybe the same could be applied to EL: reduce the # of slots in storage, and then offer an increased number of spaces as a bonus of GM Perk.... It might also be a good idea to create a rare stone which would do this, and could be found in-game, of course.

From what I understand from past discussions (because all-rounders actually do hit close to the 300 mark because of stock for various skills), increasing storage slots would be a huge undertaking code-wise. That's based on what I've read, not any familiarity with the code.

I'd vote no in a heartbeat for anything that would give paid "membership" an unfair advantage over non-payers, because as important as it may be to get people to sign up for it, more important will be the game play, which would get severely screwed. Token "bonuses" allow the game to not get screwed up because anything more will tear a rift and breed discontent among the players. Those players you will still be in the same game with, you're not getting floated off into some paid fairy world where you'll never see the non-payers again.

Anything of that nature will kill the game. Then there won't be a "gold membership" to worry about at all.

Token bonuses to help it look like you're getting something for your money, but the actual payment is to help support the game continuing. Lest we forget the actual purpose this was proposed in the first place. Attempts to create a rift among the players are hardly going to help anything.

Well, for one I think if a reduction was made, it would compel people to choose what occupies their storage space more wisely. No more 100k of random plant (X) they never bother selling, etc.

Let me reiterate what I think about the bonuses for Gold Membership Perk: they should not grant a massive advantage over regular players, but they should carry enough virtues to be reasonably sought after. If you don't want to grant anything other than small bonuses to the Perk, then really there isn't a point in implementing it.

You're reaction seems a bit alarmist; including a few thought-out extras will not ruin the game. I don't understand why you're so vehemently opposed to the addition of something that would make players actually want to buy and renew their Gold Membership, since the object of our discussion is to think about extras that would not grant a major advantage or cause a dichotomous split in the population.

Problem is most of the suggestions being given do give unfair advantage, directly or indirectly.

Enough people have indicated they'd option for this based only on the given poll suggestions. If those get improved or added to later to get more to sign up, okay, assuming it's within reason.

But I'm betting the specific suggestions given in the poll were done so because those were ones that he could see doing, otherwise he wouldn't have bothered to ask. And I'm noting nowhere in the poll is there an option for "other benefit (specify)" :)

Considering the yes-response thus far (currently 45.6% will buy, with a 21% yes-won't that could be swayed), I'm thinking it's best to stick to what was offered rather than what is reading as an 11-page IwantIwantIwant-fest. Put the membership up with what has been offered, then consider adding to it later if more of a response is needed. Baby steps are needed for something that can breed discontent.

Problem is most of the suggestions being given do give unfair advantage, directly or indirectly.

Yeah, but you seem to be on the the side that's giving as few benefits as possible, and nobody will bother buying the Perk if it doesn't hold its own weight in water. I highly expect my suggestions have got flaws in them, but I am willing to concede some (or all) of them if nessecary, but you aren't even looking for a middle-ground meet. Please, I don't see how my suggestions are influenced to grant a massive advantage; to the contrary, I've tried to adjust it so the only benefits a GMP holder receive are ones that cut down some of the tedious aspects of gameplay. Regular players can still catch up to those paying, if they're willing to devote the time.

I asked Entropy about the suggestions idea, and he (more or less) said he'll sanction suggestions as long as he reviews them to be fair.

My point is simply he gave some specific options, I think those are fine, and would get it on those alone. I really don't want "too much", because keeping game play as fair as possible is an absolute necessity.

It's the appearance that 11 pages of suggestions gives that is beginning to look too much like greed, everybody wants something different. It could have the opposite effect and derail the whole idea. I'd rather see it happen with the original ideas. Reading through 11 pages shows there's no way to make everyone happy with it. None of the suggestions thus far have given any indication they'd get more yes-marks than the original poll-suggested options.

What's the end result when everyone's calling out for something different though?

Also, keep in mind the coding involved. I'd imagine the original suggestions are all relatively easy to implement as there's already something in-game that shows they can be done. (Gods give more exp, artificer for chance of more rares, bots/NPC/invaders have diff-colored names, NMT reduces breakage, and he can already change chances of finding rare stones/making rare items.) If storage, for example, is as hard-wired as it appears to be in other discussions about its limits, that would be a lot more work to implement.

--------------

As for the storage idea itself, reducing slots would be severely detrimental to non-players. There's more than a few all-rounders in the game, and having stock to be able to work on all skills makes the current 300 fill up quite fast. I'm personally at about 260 slots filled and there's very little I could part with without hurting one or more skills. Add to that temporarily holding some stuff gotten from drops like books until I have time to get rid of them... And as well, I haven't reached the tailoring level where I'd need to keep a supply of all the various dyes in stock, and colored fabrics. That's the rest of the 300 there alone. Skills have been added without storage increase so the 300 limit is already problematic for someone who tries to enjoy every aspect of the game.

I'd give a definite No to that suggestion because non-payers should be able to be all-rounders as well. Less storage would be a severe detriment to game play.

Being on a break gives time to think .....

So on second thought: DO make the future goldmembers get an advantage over non paying players.

It will cause some resistance at first, but we've all seen in the past weeks what player resistance is worth. In the end it's gonna settle and most people will accept it no matter what, so long as it's worth their while.

If this is purely to generate more income, then by all means go for it, but at least make it so that people actually get a benefit from it. The possibility to do a soft reset comes to mind: being able to redistribute your already spent pps (maybe with a cooldown period). So many of us feel the need to remove some of one attribute, and to add those pps on something else. This goes for both fighters, as well as mixers, allrounders, ebul mages, buttsitters, idlers and whatever other types of players there are. So good for all, no? And there will always be people who chose to not give in. It will be their choice not to, and they can still have access to probably much cheaper attribute removal stones.

Edited by Dilly

Bit off topic but.....

........The possibility to do a soft reset comes to mind: being able to redistribute your already spent pps ....

This I see as a great way for Radu to make some $ i would have paid $50usd to $100usd for this had it been a shop service and would have used it many times (if the price was affordable) untill i felt my PP were placed right.

Instead however I had to pay for 20 will removal stones @$20usd each from EL shop and was stuck with my 1st PP spend for ages after. I never outlaid that amount again because it was too much to test out different builds. This meant IMO a one off sale instead of 3-4-5-6+ ongoing sales from me.

At present the only option is to use the "rollback" service which kinda sucks because you lose any xp you gained after rollback save point.

kk ty

Spamm away but remember Radu needs bricks

I have not been able to spend the time reading all 12 pages of comments but I would pay $20 a month to afk harvest again and im not a "gold harvester" i jsut dont have time to pay attention to harvesting all day so i can train for a few hours...

^^and i would pay for that ontop of "goldmember" status

Edited by Orick

I have not been able to spend the time reading all 12 pages of comments but I would pay $20 a month to afk harvest again and im not a "gold harvester" i jsut dont have time to pay attention to harvesting all day so i can train for a few hours...

^^and i would pay for that ontop of "goldmember" status

:) I don't think Radu would have a problem when 5 alts with gold membership ($20 e.e.) would do some gold harvesting. :pickaxe:

I like the idea. And it would be give some good dollars if I read that alot of peeps don't like it. And i guess mostly of those are Office Harvers so they have a few dollars to spend. :rolleyes: