• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

I voted yes.

(there are two debates in this thread, One is RWT (real world trading, the other is financial

support for the game) )

Nothing is free, Free Lunch? Someone paid for it, even if you did not. (time = money)

As a softdev, I fully understand the agony of trying to get paid for your work.

Anyone remember the shareware years? ...

I can't imagine spending time to implement new things and content on a project

that was approaching the red. Its hard enough to worry about new content, let alone

forced to worry about project finance at the same time.

So I say, separate the issue, help the game be profitable to the point that

Radu could hire a new content team and not worry about the games finance (hire someone

for that :( ) and deal with RWT trading issues later, if it becomes a massive issue for the player

base. Also, complaining that someone will have an advantage over you is complete horseshit. Whether

its a game or real life, you will have an advantage over some, and not others.

Main issue is: Social Mobility; everyone has equal options to reach the same goals, via alternate

means. Its going to be impossible to remove Time VS Money. Its life, get used to it.

------

[Options for members]

As for options, more p2ps that are member dependant are good. Minotaur 8) It was mentioned before

and I still forsee my tanky-ness as a mino. Vampire :D , and so on.

If the player base was larger, then of course, a p2p server would be perfect. (With the ability to

log on both servers for members, and one for f2ps.)

-----

[RWT issues]

One mmo example of real world trading going crazy is ruinedcrap, when primary resources (game has

limited resource areas) are covered with 20+ farming bots, so no -real player- can access it. If left

unchecked completely, parts of the game are inaccesible to anything but farmer teams. I don't believe

in ELs current player base size this would be an issue very soon. Just don't implement a

chinese character font set and we are safe for a while.

----

In closing, probably the biggest advantage membership could give is this:

The game will still exist and Radu would not be forced to end this project due to funds.

(Really why would he want to dump his own money to keep el alive so he can listen to

forum bitchers on a daily basis, sounds like pure joy)

Yes ofc

I didn't reed all the topic stuff but for me it sounds like this.

- shuffle more $ to Radu then the gc sellers.

you pay for some benefit, and the game keeps to be free for everyone to play.

This wont change the game a thing, It will be the same.

Peeps who help Radu with $ to keep him working. Already have their benefits

like me I bought an NMT with rosto's i bought in the shop.

Got a P2P race, besides its cool looking's you have the PK bonus on normal races.

So I can't understand that somebody has a problem with it.

Its Just an other shop item like a horseflute.

But ok maybe I had to read this topic better and got it totally wrong !!

And for those who are very very poor , maybe you can mine some silver and sell them to somebody who can activate the gold membership XD

1, I get severely annoyed at pickaxe breakage. Hell, I'd pay $20-30 for just an "unbreakable pickaxe" from the item shop...

OH OH! Sign me up for one of these, lol :)

Edit:

One other idea that had been well received when first brought up: selling some sort of "$ token" (could be known as an EL token, or something), sold for $1 each from the shop. These tokens could then be redeemable from an NPC for common shop items, such as rostogol stones (at a rate of 1 per 5 tokens), or binding stones (at a rate of 2 tokens each). This would allow players to easily buy items as needed, 24/7. Would any current shop users find an idea like this to be useful?

I'm all for this one. All shop items should be there, like p2p payments and bots, not only rostos. Easier for people to find 20 tokens from a few people on market instead of one person selling 20$, for example. Would increase the amount of gc -> $ that's going to the shop.

words from a goldbuyer: i would likely stop buying gc depending on how much gc i save on stuff i need for training/pkíng (less breakrates, armor/weapon prices going down cause more stones enter the game) with Radu's suggestion (gold membership)

after 4 years of broke-ness im sick and tired of profit depending on loads of luck, and loss being a certainty. causing me to have to buy gc in order to keep up.

if the change Radu suggested in first post (maybe with addition of increased droprate from monsters) gets through, and saves me enough gc i can stop buying gc.

less customers for them makes them stop

all other suggestions just would want me to buy more gc, and buy the shop items in-game from someone, motivating goldfarmers causing more and more inflation

Voted yes, and would buy one

Great game wouldn want to see it sink due to lake of funding and dont mind paying peanuts for it

Voted "Yes", i might buy one, so it's the first "Yes".

Benefits: all except "none" and more XP.

You could also give gold members free funny stuff (and sell it from the shop for $$$ aswell), like funny hats, useles cloaks/tunics with a text like:

"i support EL"

"Bob ate my pants"

"I luv PV"

"Lennie thinks, i'm tasty"

"AFK"

You could also sell all magic cloaks with a text, like

Powersaving cloak "AFK"

Excavator cloak "I live in this outhouse"

FR cape "Fearless rabbit hunter"

Conjurer cloak "Lord of dead rats"

MM cloak "Skilfull explorer"

Well, just some ideas. :mace:

Piper

You could also give gold members free funny stuff (and sell it from the shop for $$$ aswell), like funny hats, useles cloaks/tunics with a text like:

"i support EL"

"Bob ate my pants"

"I luv PV"

"AFK"

Powersaving cloak "AFK"

Piper

I like "Bob ate my pants" but could I get a cloak that reads "Crafters do it from the rafters" or "Donate free st00f here"?

I think we have already talked about it with Radu 5-6 months ago, so i voted yes and only more exp (like some other games do)

-Kaddy

Voted "Yes", i might buy one, so it's the first "Yes".

Benefits: all except "none" and more XP.

"i support EL"

"Bob ate my pants"

"I luv PV"

"AFK"

Powersaving cloak "AFK"

Piper

lol this would rock, diff want "Bob ate my pants" cloak xD

One other idea that had been well received when first brought up: selling some sort of "$ token" (could be known as an EL token, or something), sold for $1 each from the shop. These tokens could then be redeemable from an NPC for common shop items, such as rostogol stones (at a rate of 1 per 5 tokens), or binding stones (at a rate of 2 tokens each). This would allow players to easily buy items as needed, 24/7. Would any current shop users find an idea like this to be useful?

For those who missed the original idea (well it was March 2008) CLICKY

For those who missed the original idea (well it was March 2008) CLICKY

That actually is quite a good idea.

This certainly would help people that buy stuff from the shop for others not to get stuck with something they don't want if the person backs out of the deal.

No from me. I prefer The_Piper idea, with funny items, that never ever will be in game, and will disappear when golden membership goes out. And other name color was nice idea either. But why no? Cause all this "more exp" etc. gives ebul farmers and rich ppl next way to make more distance from poor ppl. That's not fair IMHO. Or you can make something special for ppl who like to pay, but not "uber" items, just, hmm, orange tunic of NMT for peacefull skills, such like 1/4 chance of breaking pick, mortar & pestle, etc.

Regards,

PumbaPL

Off-topic (probably): Radu, have you considered other internet-banking systems, like AlertPay? I think many people would find it useful (including me), especially those who are outside US or don't have a credit card to be able to use PayPal...

Using only one payment method is rather limited which is why alot of the gold farming exists. It is a way to bypass PayPal. I like the idea of a 2nd or 3rd method of paying the shop. It should make it alot easier on alot of people.

I've seen interestingg solution in another game - they have a website where you can put on sale for $ any game item / character. The transfer is being done by the game staff so that largely reduces a risk of scam. The game owner gets 5-10% commission on any transaction. No other $ trades are theoretically allowed (although they are unavoidable of course and surely happen).

Although I am totally opposed to character sales, such a thing would make it easier for the mods. When multiplay comes up and someone gets put on the list of people to be banned, the shop tracking the sale would help and if they did not do it via the shop, both of their butts could be banned. That, I think would help the game significantly. Less for the mods to have to figure out that way.

The gc sales through the shop would also help out Radu's finances a bit. Some inflation would occur, probably, but oh well. It occurs one way or the other.

In another thread, I suggested making saving stones a shop only item also

You really want to piss off all of the high level crafters and manufacturers, have your high level gear cost at least 125% of the ingredient cost and have a number of them leave, don't you? I would not want to have to pay the shop or find a person who did.

Oh. I almost forgot to mention the potion makers that would get pissed after their expensive books became worthless.

Oh yeah.....and all the people like me who harvested tons of flowers and mushrooms and such to have stuff for potion makers and crafters to turn into saving stones...or at least a step closer to them.

wait how is this different than the p2p races? don't they get PK advantage? did it ruin the game creating 2 tiered

aristocracy of have and have nots?

Edited by HereticEast

Off-topic (probably): Radu, have you considered other internet-banking systems, like AlertPay? I think many people would find it useful (including me), especially those who are outside US or don't have a credit card to be able to use PayPal...

Using only one payment method is rather limited which is why alot of the gold farming exists. It is a way to bypass PayPal. I like the idea of a 2nd or 3rd method of paying the shop. It should make it alot easier on alot of people.

I've seen interestingg solution in another game - they have a website where you can put on sale for $ any game item / character. The transfer is being done by the game staff so that largely reduces a risk of scam. The game owner gets 5-10% commission on any transaction. No other $ trades are theoretically allowed (although they are unavoidable of course and surely happen).

Although I am totally opposed to character sales, such a thing would make it easier for the mods. When multiplay comes up and someone gets put on the list of people to be banned, the shop tracking the sale would help and if they did not do it via the shop, both of their butts could be banned. That, I think would help the game significantly. Less for the mods to have to figure out that way.

The gc sales through the shop would also help out Radu's finances a bit. Some inflation would occur, probably, but oh well. It occurs one way or the other.

In another thread, I suggested making saving stones a shop only item also

You really want to piss off all of the high level crafters and manufacturers, have your high level gear cost at least 125% of the ingredient cost and have a number of them leave, don't you? I would not want to have to pay the shop or find a person who did.

Oh. I almost forgot to mention the potion makers that would get pissed after their expensive books became worthless.

Oh yeah.....and all the people like me who harvested tons of flowers and mushrooms and such to have stuff for potion makers and crafters to turn into saving stones...or at least a step closer to them.

Yes that is exactly what I want to do. :)

The high level manuers crafters dont use many saving stones, casue they watch thier astro and dont fail very often

I got 2 million flowers in my storage so cry me a river kk

This is not a personal attack, they asked for ideas, I tried to put some out there, Much easier to tear apart peoples ideas then come up with some on your own.

After reading the first few posts I voted no. But as I read more of the posts I realised I was wrong, I apologise for being to hasty. IMHO, there is nothing wrong with this idea as long a the paying members do not get something non-paying players can never achieve.

impossible for me and some of my friends to use EL shop from russian federation(and i think not only). i voted NO. i think all players must have equal ability and rights in game without depending from real money.

(sorry for my english)

Is it really impossible?

visa and mastercard has huge grasp on this world, there are even pre-loaded visa cards where you load you card at a bank, or perhaps on line, and then can use anywhere visa is accepted. There may be issues using paypal from some countries, but visa should work anywhere. There is always the option of getting a certifed money order in usd and mailing it to eternal lands. Even Pitcairn Island has a postal service, granted it is slow, but there is one. I find it hard to belive it is impossible to send money from russia, brazil, etc. Could some one explain the problem? I would guess there is a solution.

Well, I do not want to spend 30$ just for Visa/MasterCard maintenance only for EL. And about payment - money is not problem. Problem is that it is just not good that real $ puts one people above others. Gold status should be made for all players, or not be made at all.

Edited by L. Vmbrius

impossible for me and some of my friends to use EL shop from russian federation(and i think not only). i voted NO. i think all players must have equal ability and rights in game without depending from real money.

(sorry for my english)

Is it really impossible?

visa and mastercard has huge grasp on this world, there are even pre-loaded visa cards where you load you card at a bank, or perhaps on line, and then can use anywhere visa is accepted. There may be issues using paypal from some countries, but visa should work anywhere. There is always the option of getting a certifed money order in usd and mailing it to eternal lands. Even Pitcairn Island has a postal service, granted it is slow, but there is one. I find it hard to belive it is impossible to send money from russia, brazil, etc. Could some one explain the problem? I would guess there is a solution.

Well, I do not want to spend 30$ just for Visa/MasterCard maintenance only for EL. And about payment - money is not problem. Problem is that it is just not good that real $ puts one people above others. Gold status should be made for all players, or not be made at all.

It is

go farm me 400k gold coins a month and I will pay the shop the 5 bucks ok

This is the same way YOU WE ALL are getting enriched fire essences, binding stones thermal serps swords etc etc into game.

You can probabaly find some on that gives a better rate on your gold coin then me..

I haven't voted yet. As your option doesn't work. It doesn't fix the problem, for many reasons. Which only leaves you with the option:

Pay dollars for gold membership, which equals some small benefits for players. Which is find by it's self.

However, you seem to want to tackle some of the underlaying problems within the game structure. Which I think is great.

The problem is that you don't want to do anything unpopular, to fix those problems. (Otherwise some player bitch moan and perhaps even threaten to leave.)

But if you go down the gold membership route and get used to the 'extra' income. Your going to find it ten times more difficult to fix any glaring issues with the game. As those gold members have leverage over you. (By bitching, moaning and threating to cancel gold member status.)