• No.
    • Yes, and I will buy one.
    • I don't care.
  2. 2. What benefits do you want for it?

• None (voted no)
    • Higher chance to make rare items.
    • More experience.
    • Different color name.
    • Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    • Less item breaks.

I voted yes, and would pay. I like all the bonuses suggested. Having played simular games like this (Afraid to admit it but yes RuneScape, lol but EL killed that outa me xD) but there it seemed you could only play half the game if you didnt/couldnt pay. But here it sounds like just a few rewards for helping support the server, while not effecting those that cant pay.

Edited by RunTime

Voted No, and would not Pay.

I'm unsure how I can express in a way that doesn't insult -- but I am strongly against this idea.

As of yet, most of the responses have been from those who can and will pay, unfortunately this is not all of EL.

I go to school, I study, I play video games and hang out with friends, I do not have a job, I cannot afford to pay a monthly fee to have the highest benefits in EL.

This takes away something I've always loved about the game; that I can play with access to all the same items and benefits as everyone else, for free, while the game is still supported through other people's money. As much as I'd love to support EL, I simply do not have the money to do that.

In my mind this would be a drastic change which I believe ruins the spirit of a 'free' game. Indeed, I wouldn't be able to tell my friends about the "Free MMORPG I play" instead I'd have to explain how it was like so many others "Well, you can mostly play for free... but as usual you've got to pay for the good stuff". I understand that second thing makes sense to a lot of people, I mean, someone is paying, they should get benefits, right? Well, I'm pretty sure they do in EL, if people wanted to buy rostos every month to sell for ingame gc they could get a benifit from that, while I still have the same access to the game that they do, earn exp at the same rate, have the same chances for rare items, access to all the same maps and advantages.

I would be sad to see this change create two distinct groups of people in EL, which would inevitably happen. And I can say honestly and bluntly from experience in other games, that it is extremely frustrating to be working against those who earn more exp than me or have some special beneficial access. It makes the game less enjoyable, and automatically makes me less likely to recommend it to friends.

Another reason I voted No; I don't believe this will fix the problem.

EL is a small game, if you ex out bots, alts, and newbies that are only around for a few days, how many players do we really have online at most times? How many of those will actually pay for something like this? How is that profit comparable to what would happen if gold sales were reduced?

I think the problem at the heart of many things right now is the sale of gold coins, this does not address this problem. People with money would be able to buy these benefits AND still sell gold coins, earning them even more profit and advantage, and continuing all the problems born of gold coins being sold for real $$.

If there is an issue of income from the game, halting this sale of gold coins would obviously help that as well. If people can't easily or legally make gold coins and the rates for sale go down, people with $$ can go back to buying rostos and other items from the shop, supporting the game, and still bringing in the needed resources.

If it did happen, I could tolerate this change, and hope that exp benefits remained the same for ALL, as that is the most frustrating thing to fight against when you do not have the money to pay for higher benefits. But overall I dislike this entire idea, and believe it does not solve the current concerns that have been raised.

I vote no because I believe this changes the spirit of the game, and does not fix the problem at hand.

This takes away something I've always loved about the game; that I can play with access to all the same items and benefits as everyone else, for free, while the game is still supported through other people's money. As much as I'd love to support EL, I simply do not have the money to do that.

Sometimes, I can not help but scratch my head and utter an "WTFF".

So, which items and benefits you won't have access to when this system goes live? And you had access to p2p races and thermal swords before, but now you suddently won't?

I agree with Enly on this. It would be a shame to see a split in the community. I play this game because it is free and I know a few other people who have a similar opinion. I enjoy the fact that I can have the same benefits as others if I choose, and also have the same problems as other people, because as of now we are all in the same boat. Having half of EL being considered "higher class" because of a few extra $$ is not something I would enjoy going through.

And buying extra exp is a bad idea in my opinion.

Edited by Talixim

there's already a split... you know the money players etc. this would make rare ings cheaper and less restricted to players that spend money.

Edited by HereticEast

I agree with Enly on this. It would be a shame to see a split in the community. I play this game because it is free and I know a few other people who have a similar opinion. I enjoy the fact that I can have the same benefits as others if I choose, and also have the same problems as other people, because as of now we are all in the same boat. Having half of EL being considered "higher class" because of a few extra $$ is not something I would enjoy going through.

Right. Because until now, someone who bought 100 rostos, or 10Mgc from farmers enjoyed the same status and benefits as those who never paid anything. Now suddenly the world will end.

Sometimes, I can not help but scratch my head and utter an "WTFF".

So, which items and benefits you won't have access to when this system goes live? And you had access to p2p races and thermal swords before, but now you suddently won't?

Forgive me if I generalized in my comparisons to other games. I understand items and location seem to be reserved to be the same for all, and am very glad that would stay the same. However, it would still be hard to fight against the benefits;

• Higher chance to make rare items.
    Rare items are a benifit, a lovely one, easier access to ingredients you might want, or gold coins. Not horrible, I'd not like it, but I could deal.

• Different color name.
    I'd be sad... I like pretty colors :) (okay, this one is no biggie, obviously)

• Better chance to get rare stones while harvesting.
    See rare items, same line of thinking.

• Less item breaks.
    This starts getting more frustrating, item breaks can really add up, even if the percentage is small it's frustrating when I'd have to spend more gold coins on new items, when others would not, AND would already be making more gold coins from there rare items and stones.

• More experience.
    This would be the absolute hardest to deal with. No matter how small you make it, extra exp is a HUGE leg up on the competition (I've learned that as I just recently reset and started serving gods... yes 20% is a lot, but I'm beginning to realize how even a little bit can really add up)

I would hate to find that someone was earning levels faster than me because they had paid real dollars for their 'free' game.

I love EL, and realize it needs money to run, but I don't believe this is a solution I would like, as it would change so much about how the game is played, and I would have to fight against the $$ players harder than I already do, and more like what I have experienced in other MMOs. This would make a huge separation in the community, and change the atmosphere of EL towards something I think is not as good as it is now.

-edit-

I realize that people who spend real money already have benefits in the game, I understand that needs to happen for the game to be run, and I can deal with it. I could deal with this change... but I dislike the idea of creating more than just an easy gold coins benefit for the people who have real $$, when the game can be adequately supported as is (it has been for awhile, hasn't it?). If there isn't enough money coming from the game, I'm afraid all I can say is "Stop the gold farmers!!" in the nicest way possible. :)

I dislike this idea because I think its unnecessary, and could create new problems and/or frustrations. Creating a membership program would make the split between those who pay, and those who don't, more severe. And I don't believe it would do much to fix the problem of gold farming.

Edited by Enly

I don't know about the different color names thingy though. It might provide a little incentive for certain personality types, but many people might not want to advertize it.

Also those who don't pay may/may not not(edit-lol) want to know who is a "class above" them.

I'd rather not know.

Sometimes ignorance is bliss, and just way easier. :)

Edited by Neverman

Right. Because until now, someone who bought 100 rostos, or 10Mgc from farmers enjoyed the same status and benefits as those who never paid anything. Now suddenly the world will end.

I don't understand why just because I stated my opinion about the matter, you have to come up with some sarcastic comment for it. I'm not bashing anything, and I did not say that the world will end. I simply stated that I do not like the idea, what is wrong with that? Just because 1 or 2 people do not go with your idea does not mean you have to backlash with some witty remark for them. Why can't you just take opinions as constructive criticism for once instead of an "omfg this will ruin everything!" statement?

Give it a go, it couldn't hurt.

I like the idea, just not the extra exp benefit. The other benefits are okie i suppose, since it sorta helps the community by putting more rares in the market(bringing down prices?) and not just extra exp for personal gain.

I hope I'm makin' sense :)

I voted yes, but won't buy. I really just play to help others and try to help the game in whatever small way I can. I'm on a fixed income and can't really afford to pay for extras and am really not interested in competing with others so the benefits aren't worth it to me. I can see that they would be to others and can also understand that there needs to be some type of steady income to keep the game going.

I do worry, as others have stated, that this will take some of the 'spirit of the game' away. One of the reasons I play, and put as many hours into helping others, is the fact that it's free (and why I started playing in the first place.) If it becomes a game for the payer vs. a game for the player I'm not sure I could feel as motivated to help as I do now. I put my time in for free because I realize so many others do, and I've always thought that's what made this game so great, the people investing themselves into it (not necessisarily their money.)

I also worry that as soon as a person starts paying, they'll think they have some legal rights to the 'digital wares' they own and it might start some crap that will make it end up costing more than it's worth.

I think there might be better ways to supplement income: advertsing, deals with hardware makers, etc.. Perhaps even an annual fund rasier would work. That way the giving is more from the heart and less with the goal of 'getting more for my money.'

I don't understand why just because I stated my opinion about the matter, you have to come up with some sarcastic comment for it. I'm not bashing anything, and I did not say that the world will end. I simply stated that I do not like the idea, what is wrong with that? Just because 1 or 2 people do not go with your idea does not mean you have to backlash with some witty remark for them. Why can't you just take opinions as constructive criticism for once instead of an "omfg this will ruin everything!" statement?

Give it a go, it couldn't hurt.

Because your criticism is not only not constructive, but also very invalid.

Long time players who have already "Farmed" thier Millions of gc and can flip it for Euro/USD wont have a problem with this idea. Those of us who are currently laid-off of work, and dont know when ( or if ) they will be called back...we are the ones who will feel slighted by this.

Food on the table,or money on a game...not too hard of a decision for me. Every dollar counts in times like these.

Keep spreading the gap between "the have's and the have not's" and watch what happens to the game.

Tokie.

[*]Higher chance to make rare items.

Rare items are a benifit, a lovely one, easier access to ingredients you might want, or gold coins. Not horrible, I'd not like it, but I could deal.

Or you can buy an artificer cape with money from farmers and your rate would be significantly better.

[*]Less item breaks.

This starts getting more frustrating, item breaks can really add up, even if the percentage is small it's frustrating when I'd have to spend more gold coins on new items, when others would not, AND would already be making more gold coins from there rare items and stones.

Or you can buy a NMT with gold from farmers.

[*]More experience.

This would be the absolute hardest to deal with. No matter how small you make it, extra exp is a HUGE leg up on the competition (I've learned that as I just recently reset and started serving gods... yes 20% is a lot, but I'm beginning to realize how even a little bit can really add up)

Or you can buy gold from farmers and buy resources, go to the schools, and get twice the exp. Hmm..

I would hate to find that someone was earning levels faster than me because they had paid real dollars for their 'free' game.

Guess what, people were all the time, and you didn't even know it :)

I love EL, and realize it needs money to run, but I don't believe this is a solution I would like, as it would change so much about how the game is played, and I would have to fight against the $$ players harder than I already do, and more like what I have experienced in other MMOs. This would make a huge separation in the community, and change the atmosphere of EL towards something I think is not as good as it is now.

So what would you suggest? Maybe start begging for money in VOTD?

unlike now? i hate to break this to you but money players can level faster now. it's just 5$

a month and the game would be less dependent on rare item sales. Radu can turn the drop rate

up. he has said as much... this is cheaper for non money players. if anything this decreases their

advantage. and if there's say another continent you are competing less for spawns with money

players who can afford nicer gear and supplies and stay on spawn longer. i do not see how this

isn't win/win.

The difference this makes is making the divide between money and no-money more obvious and more easy, and just all around "more"

Yes, I know people spend money on the game now. Yes, I know that makes things easier for them. Yes, I've always been aware of this and I wish I didn't have to fight them. Yes, I know it has to happen to support the game.

But I don't see why it needs to become more extreme. My largest objection to this idea is "Why?". This is an extreme change that doesn't really *need* to be made in my opinion, more money can be made in less extreme ways.

And radu, I don't understand your responses. Are you suggesting I farm gc as well? This just confirms my point that this would not solve the problem at hand.

As for schools... I'm sorry but the work involved there is not feasible. I'd have to haul ingredients to schools, not all schools are right next to storage, ingredients are expensive (I don't understand your 'use farmed gc' point) and people that pay could do the same thing AND still get more exp.

I don't plan to farm gc. I do enjoy playing an alt from time to time, but its distracting, and having more than one would be difficult, dealing with the market and real life transactions of cash would be work I don't need, and potential for scam. It sounds like a lot of work, when I could just find another game. (note: that is NOT a "I'm going to quit" threat, its just a fact :) )

Edited by Enly

[*]Higher chance to make rare items.

Or you can buy an artificer cape with money from farmers and your rate would be significantly better.

[*]Less item breaks.

Or you can buy a NMT with gold from farmers.

[*]More experience.

Or you can buy gold from farmers and buy resources, go to the schools, and get twice the exp. Hmm..

Guess what, people were all the time, and you didn't even know it :)

Most of you that know me, know me as Wizzy

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed!

What radu has said above I figured out 3 years ago in about 20 seconds in this game. And radu is very correct about this and we all have seen this for a while

If you spend money on gc's this game becomes very easy to make experince in what ever level you choose. many players have I have known chose either the harvest and grind route, or the buy and burn. I dont really care or judge which route a person takes.

The question at hand, is if anyone is going to make real life dollars from this short-cut in game, should it be "randomalt43" or radugodserverkeeper

As long as eternal lands remains possible for a "bump and grinder" to compete without buying these services, then I am all for it.

Radu: Free stufz pleez?

Some people might pay just to see that!

On a more constructive note (and trying to think outside the proverbial box)...

What if $5 got you 1 time unit (might be a week or a month) of the astro of your choice fully positive or negative as you want?

One person might choose a month of lower break rate, or a month of higher make rare. Could be implemented as a set of stones that you can only buy from the shop.

Of course this only applies to people who aren't skeptic. After all, you said one day people who got skeptic might regret it. Could be a few $100 payments to be made with this new pay-to-astro (p2a) feature. :)

Again, these astro effects are mostly things already available for 6-hours during a special #day, so you're just paying to extend it for a longer period. It also would exclude the idea of "paying for experience" which I (and others) do not favor.

I voted Yes, i would buy.

though i took the idea as a gold member would only receive ONE of the perks listed. not all of them. so if that was the case then its really not THAT big a deal. but its still enough i'd pay for. just b/c i dont like being left out of stuff like that LOL

Entropy, the code, I believe is in place so why don't you do the custom clothes thing? If someone was willing to code in something for the client to look at the results before uploading, you could charge $5 for uploads of custom clothing.

Access to similar maps, but restricted to gold members sounds like an interesting to me. It would make it so you would have less problems with bag thieves that way, since half of them are new to the game and have not learned their manners yet........or have not had it bludgeoned into their ears with many many people complaining and such.

I like all the ideas except for the xp one.

Entropy, the code, I believe is in place so why don't you do the custom clothes thing? If someone was willing to code in something for the client to look at the results before uploading, you could charge $5 for uploads of custom clothing.

Excellent idea.

Look how popular LabRat's service has been, this is certainly a feature you could be using to make RL$, Radu... change the rules so only you can run custom clothing service and start charging. (sorry LabRat :) ...but this idea just seems so much more viable and fair than all the others)

Radu,

Any concern about ppl not from US or EURO that have no international credit card or paypal account.

Its kinda hard for some of my friends to be able to use your shop. (Im from Brazil btw, and lots off ppl from my country have some difficulties to spend RL money due to the fact they do not live in euro os US)

Im 17 , and from Brazil as well and never had a problem doing all my p2p changes , buying EFEs and binding stones. You have many options. Many people accept gold coin and pay the fee for you (I.E sell GC). You can also use Banco do Brasil [ its a bank in Brazil] and pay via money order.

and i voted " yes , and i would pay" and would actually like all the ideas listed , i do most skills , train , fight , and harvest so any advantage no matter how small is cool :).

~SenZ

Accept gc for $$ is not the same that pay directly to EL official shop

Im not Banco do Brasil's costumer. Many ppl aren't aswell.

And if it was easier, you wouldnt be one of a few brazilian ppl that expend money in the game.

If it was easier me and several other ppl would expent monthly with no problem. (Im saying that cause we discussed id already and looks like common sense within my guildies)

Off topic: About you having 17... that explains a lot kid

*edited typos

Edited by Tico

Sounds good, the idea of a special map for p2p people would be nice.

Any thoughts about merging this thing with the p2p races? Afterall, it seems weird to have two p2p purchases. Perhaps add some extra nice human/dwarf/elf looks that is only p2p?

I voted no... mainly because I, and many others, already HAVE a "gold membersip" through having purchased a Pay to Play Character.

This was done to support the game and to get a simple "point of difference". I know that Radu's income from EL has dropped off recently, but perhaps there are other causes than the "target du jour" (gold farmers).

One example, constant invasions, would slow down any economy, with peaceful players running and hiding rather than risking almost certain death.

There are also many of us out here in the real world who are not actually able to get USD without significant exchange losses, so some players would have to pay up to double any proposed fees for EL "membership".

I favour the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it, and if it is broke diagnose the actual problem". Kneejerk reactions are always gonna bite you in the end (e.g. look at how an attempt to stimulate PK, the attribute cap, has really achieved the desired result... NOT)

Not a starter IMO.

Have a lovely day,

Stewbaby