Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
eagleprince

Save the Instance

First, I would like to thank the game developers for coming up with the idea of instances. I find them great fun, and more importantly, I have found that some people that I have been privileged to work with are actually nicer than I initially thought! :)

However, I have one little gripe about them - the instances, that is, not the people. Of course, I can only comment on the advanced instance, as I have no experience of the others. I think it would really help instances if there was a bigger range of good drops. I have found the number of scythes (for example) entering the game via instances quite frustrating. This has given the likes of Liquid and Haze an excuse to make ridiculous 'bids' on the market channel. We were lucky, as we got a red dragon helm as well :) However I fear that even that will soon begin to suffer the same fate as the scythe, which is quickly becoming another tit long. This is unfortunate, as the items themselves are rather nice.

I understand that it needs to be worth the players' while, especially when you consider the substantial risks and sacrificed time involved, otherwise they will not even 'waste time' with instances. In fact, just raising a team is hard work. Trust me, I know from experience!

I think it's time to remove the scythe from instances. Maybe this will restore some of its mystical value. It should be far rarer than a thermal serp, and bots should not have 3 or 4 for sale at a time. I would like a (low) chance of a nexus stone, an NMT or something similar. But not the almost predictable way things are at the moment.

Just my humble opinion....

P.S.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=494200

Edited by EaglePrince

I'm not participating in instances (yet), but i cant help but post support for the sentiment here.

Items that will definitely retain high gc value, or even large amounts of gc itself, are the best choice of reward.

my2cents

make em untradeable, so that the people who get them wont sell them, but use them^^

@ Soul: that would mean a lot of difficulties to the people in the instances - deciding which one takes the scythe/whatever since it's not tradeable.

@ Soul: that would mean a lot of difficulties to the people in the instances - deciding which one takes the scythe/whatever since it's not tradeable.

/roll

I agree to some extent with EaglePrince

Yes there r a lot off scythes entering the game and this will push down the prices, what i dont agree with is making a larger range of drops, as we soon will have the same prob with those drops the more that come out the lower the prices get and the whole thing starts over again (unless radu has a very large number of special drops waiting to come into the game :) ).

Personaly i would say make the drops rarer and drop more gcs from the boss this way the drop still stay special and ppl's intreast in the drops also stays which in turn should keep the prices up.

I understand that it needs to be worth the players' while, especially when you consider the substantial risks and sacrificed time involved, otherwise they will not even 'waste time' with instances

I dont know about others but i personaly dont go into the instances JUST for the big drop, to me the instances r there for the challenge and to work with other as a team this to me is what i most want out of the instances yes there r risks and time involved but should not b the only resaon to go in is to make ton of gcs they r there for fun.

This is my personal opion

instance drops dont need to be drops used for pk, could add in some variaty by making the weapons/armors low % dropchance, and have things like Binding or Enrichment stones drop, maybe even a Nexus removal with a low % dropchance

I totally agree that instances should have a bigger range of drops, and as Sqwurl pointed out they dont all have to be all aimed at PK. But also i would go one step further and say that to keep the Instance fresh and fun a bigger range of creatures spawnable per instance would be good.

Pro Instance atm is :

Level 1 : Acw or Giants

Level 2 : Nasps

Level 3 : red or black dragons

Level 4 : Jegos

Level 5 : Buls

To me anyway that doesnt offer much variety, and after a while the instance gets a bit samey and loses some of its attraction, having more random drops/mobs Imo would help to change this

I think you don't really understand how things work. The red dragon helms have a pretty high chance to break, so they would always be needed.

i think the red dragon helm is fine, you can always get a decent price, its a great item and breaks easily, i assume (even if i shouldn't) that not many scythes leave the game as they are not regularly used in pk, the small chance of extra damage doesn't make up for the lower dmg compared to halberd. since the prices of a few rare manu items, efe/binding/etc have gone up a bit recently we could have just a few coming in through instance drops?

boosie had red dragon helm for less then 2 days and it broke, with NMT perk.

dont know what others think, but i wouldnt wanna spend so much money on something that breaks so easy.

imo it would be best to have weapons/armors from instance have a regular break rate, but be much more rare as drop, maybe so that only 1 enters a week if groups are lucky.

the price would go up because of the rarity of the item, and the rarity+increased value could make up for the lowered breakchance.

and have other items drop (maybe in stacks) worth of ~60k

First, I would like to thank the game developers for coming up with the idea of instances. I find them great fun, and more importantly, I have found that some people that I have been privileged to work with are actually nicer than I initially thought! :)

However, I have one little gripe about them - the instances, that is, not the people. Of course, I can only comment on the advanced instance, as I have no experience of the others. I think it would really help instances if there was a bigger range of good drops. I have found the number of scythes (for example) entering the game via instances quite frustrating. This has given the likes of Liquid and Haze an excuse to make ridiculous 'bids' on the market channel. We were lucky, as we got a red dragon helm as well :) However I fear that even that will soon begin to suffer the same fate as the scythe, which is quickly becoming another tit long. This is unfortunate, as the items themselves are rather nice.

I understand that it needs to be worth the players' while, especially when you consider the substantial risks and sacrificed time involved, otherwise they will not even 'waste time' with instances. In fact, just raising a team is hard work. Trust me, I know from experience!

I think it's time to remove the scythe from instances. Maybe this will restore some of its mystical value. It should be far rarer than a thermal serp, and bots should not have 3 or 4 for sale at a time. I would like a (low) chance of a nexus stone, an NMT or something similar. But not the almost predictable way things are at the moment.

Just my humble opinion....

P.S.

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=494200

The fact that you got a scythe and special reddy helm and you're still complaining says it all. I love ya, but I can't support you here :)

dont know what others think, but i wouldnt wanna spend so much money on something that breaks so easy.

I am not sure I understand. Does anyone force you to pay so much money for it?

Well, I guess I can change the scythe a little (make it better, but more breakable).

At least a minimum damage as good as an Orc Slayer is needed if this item is to retain any good value, a little higher really.

min dmg to 40 pl0x... then i buy... eventually. :)

I've now done 5 or 6 of the noob instances and only on the first one that I did did we get a red dragon helm. The others I have done have had harv meds (not enough even for everyone in the instance to have one each) cheap cutlasses (not even as good as normal cutlasses) and last one had a couple of bronze swords.

Maybe I've just been unlucky in terms of the drops we've had but based on what I have seen there is no danger of an overload of expensive items in the game :)

I dont know about others but i personaly dont go into the instances JUST for the big drop, to me the instances r there for the challenge and to work with other as a team this to me is what i most want out of the instances yes there r risks and time involved but should not b the only resaon to go in is to make ton of gcs they r there for fun.

I agree with Bromber here but at the same time it is disappointing when you don't even get enough drops to reward all the people who have worked together in the instance.

I agree with Bromber here but at the same time it is disappointing when you don't even get enough drops to reward all the people who have worked together in the instance.

i think playing the instance is the main reward in the first place.

I am already content when i come out with a positive gc balance (that means covering rostos and breakages of gear).

I think that the system works fine so far, if you get uber stuff each time you go to an instance, you end up with instance farmers instead of people who like the team play.

just my 0.02

Well, I guess I can change the scythe a little (make it better, but more breakable).

At least a minimum damage as good as an Orc Slayer is needed if this item is to retain any good value, a little higher really.

min dmg to 40 pl0x... then i buy... eventually. :fire:

i think with the acc and crit bonuses over the halberd a dmg range of 30-45 would be fine. i think 40-45 dmg on scythe would make halberd used a lot less.

perhaps 35-45; matching the OS's minimum, but not the Halberd's.

Halberd would still be the better choice for quick wiping away of an army of weaker opponents, so i can't imagine it'd get overshadowed.

I am not sure I understand. Does anyone force you to pay so much money for it?

no, but people expect much money for it.

anyway what i was trying to say is that the high breakrates are bad.

sure the items will sell for now, but in time people notice how fast it breaks and wouldnt wanna buy it anymore, like i noticed how fast boosies boosies broke and wont spend money on that kind of breakrate even with NMT perk.

changing it to be a much more rare item drop, and giving it a lower breakrate would be much more better for the user, they would have 'bragging-rights' cause of its high or maybe extreme rarity, and use the benefits of the helm longer.

as i see it having it have a obviously negative thing as a high breakrate would in time make the item worthless to players, cause word gets around of how fast people break it, and they would have negative thoughts about it, losing interest in buying it.

with the changes people would be more positive about it, keeping them interested in purchasing it.

either way, no money leaves the game wether it stays as its now, or if it gets changed, so it wouldnt be an extreme change.

it would only cause the item to go up in price (inflation is great, i read your blog :fire:) and keep it a wanted item.

in the long run the inflation would make up for the high breakrate it has now

Edit: probably very important, would be great if it gets changed the way i suggested, but with an addition of tweaking it the way that it will have a lower breakrate, but even though its not likely to break quick, no more of those helms would come in-game then break, else everyone will have one sooner or later.

maybe so that 1 breaks a month, and 1 gets found in a month or 2

this isnt suggested for my own interest, cant and not willing to afford one now, and most likely wouldnt be able to outbid ebul yeti/hulda farmers on it after the change anyway (although ill try ^^) its solely to increase its worth while keeping players interested in buying it each time one gets found

Edit2: same goes for scythe tbh, dont know about its breakrate, but im certain the drop chance needs to be way lower.

sure increasing its stats would be good, but it would only be a temporary solution. current low bids on Scythes are solely based on its rarity rather then stats

Edited by Sqwurl

no, but people expect much money for it.

Ever heard of free market?

I'm not an economist by any stretch, but you may want to consider that perhaps the free market model is very badly suited to EL with it's current structure.

If you have your heart set on a 'free market' model irrelevant of the consequences, that's fine, it's your game and you can do as you please... but if i was you i'd look for whatever model is best suited to the game structure, not just go with my personal preference.

I'm not an economist by any stretch, but you may want to consider that perhaps the free market model is very badly suited to EL with it's current structure.

How so? Show me one instance where the free market failed in EL.

Just a question in here, should Scythes bypass the Cape of the Unbreakable?

I tought cotu wasnt effective against Scythe but couple days ago in KF a guy got the same message from the bone when wear a cotu, and didnt got the damage.

Am asking it because in cotu description scythe isnt one of the items it protects against... idk if its a bug or a feature.

Regards