Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Spikeayaya

Spikebigpapa banned for foul language in presence of mod

is this tiruns new character ?
Pretty sure it's not.

Tirun can construct proper sentences and paragraphs. :)

Maybe that's his "cover". Hmm?

lol

I refuse to get into a battle of intellect with you for I fear you would be challenged should google synonym search ever go down.

You made my day with that remark. I haven't laughed that hard in a while :D

After all he may at some point want to buy my massively overpriced silver ore and who are you to stop him?

but first he needs to save a month's gc to get his leather helm back.

Spikebigpapa, there's a gold coin spawn on IP.

Oops, game secret! :D

"I am an old-school gamer. I have previously been an integral part of the WoW and Dofus communities."

If it wasn't on an 8-bit computer, it's not old-school. Manic Miner was old-school.

At least IMHO.

Manic Miner on the ZX Spectrum? N00b!

I trump that with Hunt the Wumpus.

My dad use to work for AT&T during the late 70's and I use to play this on thier mainframe via a terminal he brought home.

You plugged the phone handset into it and all communication back & forth was on print out. (no video)

It made an awesome war dialer. :(

Edited by Scratch

Is it possible to get Turin to respond to this Muppet? Turin can pawn this n44b in teh forumz. I bet he never comes back after Turin FK's (forum kills) this Joker

After reading the first post this was my thought. I now want to see a Tirun vs Spike

flameforum duel troll extravangza e-peen-off. I'm certain tirun will win.

You have cast nerd rage, you are now immune to intellectual inferiors for 90 seconds, enjoy :)

Is it possible to get Turin to respond to this Muppet? Turin can pawn this n44b in teh forumz. I bet he never comes back after Turin FK's (forum kills) this Joker

After reading the first post this was my thought. I now want to see a Tirun vs Spike

flameforum duel troll extravangza e-peen-off. I'm certain tirun will win.

You have cast nerd rage, you are now immune to intellectual inferiors for 90 seconds, enjoy :)

EPIC

:mace::mace::mace:

BTW: can someone start a poll on whether Spike should be unbanned?

Edited by Scratch

Spikeyaya did say ONE thing that kinda makes sense.... there should be a way to distinguish mods from the regular players... make them tall or something...give them halos....whatever works.

People coming from other games will then recognize a mod when they see them and personally the idea of 12 foot tall mods makes me all tingly :P

Spikeyaya did say ONE thing that kinda makes sense.... there should be a way to distinguish mods from the regular players... make them tall or something...give them halos....whatever works.

People coming from other games will then recognize a mod when they see them and personally the idea of 12 foot tall mods makes me all tingly :P

No. Mods are still players like everyone else with some additional duties. I wouldn't like to be some ubbersized gnome btw. :P

No. Mods are still players like everyone else with some additional duties. I wouldn't like to be some ubbersized gnome btw. :P

Ooooooo mega garden gnomes!!! I want one I want one now!!!

Actually if the mods don't like the idea of being visibly different how bout just changing the colour of their text chat... ie when a mod types in local or in a channel their text would be orange or green or whatever...just something to distinguish it from the non mods.

Edited by dawench

Ooooooo mega garden gnomes!!! I want one I want one now!!!

Actually if the mods don't like the idea of being visibly different how bout just changing the colour of their text chat... ie when a mod types in local or in a channel their text would be orange or green or whatever...just something to distinguish it from the non mods.

This leads to so many problems. "Why is your text different color? How can I do that? Ooh! Can I be a mod too?!" When we need to verify that we are a mod, we can.

And I've seen many a regular player try to warn others when they are doing wrong. At some point common sense has to kick in: "Someone's trying to warn me, maybe I should listen!" and not only when it comes from a mod / developer / teh g0d.

Ok enuff said... the mods don't like the idea :P

All of that has been suggested many times anyway and rejected every time. (See suggestions forum and the search function)

Being a "longtime gamer" doesn't at all equate to being "possessed of a clue". He was probably an asshat on all his other MMOs as well.

I, for one, would have banned him at the start, and his IP. Look, I understand we want new players... but there's a certain sort of new players we *don't* want, and he's a classic example of that category.

I was in VotD on one of my alts at the time, and watched the whole thing. There was nothing *remotely* confusing about what was going on there.. the giant spams of death notices should have been a clue to even the most noobish of noobs that something was afoot, and that maybe one ought to stay away.

Secondly, there's just no excuse for that kind of rediculous asshat tantrum, ever. If you're an "oldschool gamer", you bloody well ought to understand that death is a part of the gaming experience. As is the loss of stuff. Deal.

Thirdly, Any "oldschool gamer" with a clue knows to read up on the game you're going to play, and find out in advance how things work there. At least know who runs things. A cursory google search will dig up all you want to know. It's the online version of "RTFM".

If you can't handle the above, you have no claim to the descriptor "oldschool".. nor "experienced". End of. Goodby and good riddance to another useless waste of bandwidth.