Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
DogBreath

Ring of teleport to range

I think a teleport to range ring would be quite useful and could also be a pretty good seller. It might work the same as the spell minus the costs (the costs would be in building the ring, of course...) It'd need a reuse timer of course...

Users of this item would of course not have the spell yet and would need to get some where that required it (or are trying to get unstuck from a crowd and don't want to have to ask for help.... I could also see bots using this to get unstuck from a crowd without worrying about the rule for not gaining exp...)

I've seen several suggestions concerning teleport rings (searched...), but not one that suggests this specifically.

Suggestions, thoughts, concerns?

I generally like the idea. Might also make it easier for higher level people to carry more things in their inventory, on their trips to the teleroom, compare the weight and places in inv. of 7 essies to 1 ring (if the ring is low emu and stackable ofc) I think about hydro trips for exemple.

This idea would add an alternative to the game, I like it ;)

Greetz

Pater

...on their trips to the teleroom...

Just a notation that the base-note is talking about tele-to-range not tele-to-portal.

Tele to range spell only uses 3 emu (i think pater was thinking of tp room with 7 emu)

Having this 1 emu ring that works like the spell would have been good for crafters to have another ring added to their repertoire, however it would suddenly make the actual spell itself "almost" disused/obsolete. Not 100% obsolete, since there will undoubtedly be cooldown on it that ties in on other pk-used rings, but the sudden gain of 2 spare emu alone would make this a preferable choice of players over the spell in many circumstances.

However, it might be I am complete inaccurate, after all people prefer to use the c1 portal room spell over the c1 rings and gain magic exp (plus it's far cheaper to use the 7 essies than the ring i believe).

I would like to make it this way :

New crafted item :

Titanium ring

3 titanium bars

3 fire essence

Artificial nexus 2

Can be used to make :

Tele to range ring :

Titanium ring

1 matter, 1 spirit, 1 energy, 1 fire essence

No nexus needed but you need to have the sigils and level for tele to range

Tele to portal room ring :

Titanium ring

5 energy, 1 spirit, 1 matter, 1 fire essence

No nexus needed but you need to have the sigils and level for tele to portal room

ICTPR ring :

Titanium ring

4 matter, 10 energy, 12 spirit, 2 fire essence

No nexus needed but you need to have the sigils and level for ICTPR

Emu higher than the essences because you save 2 slots in your inv.

I would love to have some rings ready in storage, it's easy to run out of some of the essences if you are going to more than one place, maybe for trade or events and use some of all 3 tele.

And I would like to see titanium used for rings.

A ring to the portalroom might be used but a ring for TPtR is pointless, it's only a lvl 15 magic spell and paying more GC to tellie to range aint a good idea

A ring to the portalroom might be used but a ring for TPtR is pointless, it's only a lvl 15 magic spell and paying more GC to tellie to range aint a good idea

two rings (portals room and tele to range) would take 2 slots instead of the 3 needed for essences.. one s2e extra per hydro run, it'd be used :icon13:

two rings (portals room and tele to range) would take 2 slots instead of the 3 needed for essences.. one s2e extra per hydro run, it'd be used :lipssealed:

True thats one use for it but is there any other uses for the TPtR ring that would make it well used and worth implementing?

The Ring to portalroom would be interesting since its a higher lvl spell and with the ring ppl would be able to go there without the lvl (if it isn't done as in Zamirah's suggestion) but would we really want that?

A good thing would be that everyone can buy the ring and TP to portalroom but it might also be a down side that everyone can TP to portalroom because as it is now it's an advantage to those who train magic to be able to cast the spell and go to the PR paying a few essies rather then using a TP ring to one map and then walk/run to the map they want to go to in the first place.

If it's done the way Zamirah suggested it would mean that you need the magic lvl but not the nexus so the ppl that put the PPs into nexus to be able to cast the spells would have wasted the PPs so a better way would be in this case to keep the nexus and magic lvl to be able to use the rings.

Best thing would be to do as Michic0-ol said: Train your magic.

If it's done the way Zamirah suggested it would mean that you need the magic lvl but not the nexus so the ppl that put the PPs into nexus to be able to cast the spells would have wasted the PPs so a better way would be in this case to keep the nexus and magic lvl to be able to use the rings.

You don't need nexus to use magic spells, so no nexus saved.

It would just be easier to have some rings ready and not count the essences, if you need to tele several times without going to storage.

two rings (portals room and tele to range) would take 2 slots instead of the 3 needed for essences.. one s2e extra per hydro run, it'd be used :lipssealed:

so the point is making it easier for hydro runners... make a ring not stackable pls then ;)

so the point is making it easier for hydro runners... make a ring not stackable pls then ;)

If you tele over the wall as I use to do, is it only 1 more s2e ;)

And with higher emu than the essences would it not be usefull for people who make the s2es at the hydro, as I use to :whistle:

You don't need nexus to use magic spells, so no nexus saved.

It would just be easier to have some rings ready and not count the essences, if you need to tele several times without going to storage.

lol right i donno where i left my brain but i need it, cant remember what i was thinking about when i wrote it..

Agreed, it would be easier to take a ring rather then essies but it's not that hard to figure out how many essies you need to TP a sertain amount of times though.

Good idea and high EMU on it too :whistle:

Just an additional little detail concerning hydro: iirc, you cannot tptr over the last obstacle in one go, so the cool-down on a ring might be somewhat unpleasant... (I'm trying to avoid spilling secrets. :lipssealed: )

My main reason for the ring was not for hydro runs, or to avoid training magic. My thought was a bit more selfish, I must admit. I was thinking, what if a bot gets surrounded by people on a storage trip (at the storage npc on an automated trip) and wants to get 'unstuck'? It could easily use one of these rings without breaking the rule that the bot must not gain exp and would not require the bot owner to log it on by hand/call a mod to help get it unstuck.