Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Sativa

pban because of name

I banned thefucker for having an obscene name. I had told him before to change it and he didn't respond. I spoke to him again tonight and he still didn't respond. I took it as a no and I banned him.

this guy was on again tonight...i booted him once with a warning(didn't see this post in the forum before hand to know). but he didn't come back on afterwards or i would have banned him again :D

There are lots of people with banned IP addresses ... and they just get a different IP, even on the some puter. The worst ones for this are dialup users. Thats why two ISP's have been banned from creating new characters already.

The strange thing is, apparently this guy playes the game (he has non 0 stats). Ask him if he wants a name change, so he won't be banned again.

So far he won't respond to me when I talk to him. He doesn't cause trouble other than his name is quite offensive and he keeps coming back after being banned.

would u make him pay for it or just do it so he could play?

In his case I'd make an exception, and do it for free, because his name is against the rules.

Just change his name without asking, then he MUST contact you if he wants to continue playing! He has ignored me several times as well and then disconnected. He knows he's breaking rules and just trying to play dumb.

Maybe hes the shy type.... or AFK alot... I dont think i have to worry about my ISP being banned.. Its English and all English are kind... :(

Guest Toyminator

I tried to talk to him but he answerd autistic to me.

I asked why do you have that nickname and he says: "I AM BUSY AND I AM BUSY AND I AM BUSY WHITHY BUSY"...

whats wrong with a name called 'thefucker'? did you ever think that he was just expressing his sexual activity? or him being the worst asshole ever? I demand freedom of speach here aswell! The freedom to write/post whatever you want to! AND esspecially call yourself whatever you want to! If you can't create a filter taking these things out then don't complain and let him call himself whatever he wants to... :shock:

The only "freedom" is Entropys. This is his house, his rules, his server. There is no free speech on Private Property.

How would you like someone coming into your home and calling you names, saying obscene statements to your (family), then claiming "FREEDOM OF SPEECH!"....

It doesn't work that way. :P

You can't compare internet and real life, there are now laws like that on the internet like there are in normal living, you can be/say/do whatever you want on the internet