Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GarfieldClowntje

Increase everything 10 fold

oh good GRRRRIEF.......

for clarity...10x everything includes putting "2 normal pp" gives 20 to attribute additions. It's pretty easy to work out what 10 times everything means isnt it?

OOPS! My bad, it also means 10x the posts from people who dont have a clue wtf is going on/being suggested/hate teh idea of change/wanna put their own spin on teh idea to make it sound like their own. Oh and 10x the bans section posts FTM!

heh.

Great Idea, shame its just way outa current feasibility coz its 10x workload vs 1x manpower.

If i had to add 480 p/c, i would kill myself

?? :) ??

What do you mean?

He means that you need to click 960 times at the wraith to get 1 attribute at a time.

Big LOL!

If Ent /or any of the other co-developers-programmers/ would even start to THINK of beginning with this idea or at ALL (which is a whole lot of work, I know, Ent said it as well in this topic), than don't you think that with a "little bit more effort", they *could* come up with an option to spend 1 pickpoint at a time at the wraith as well as an option to spend 10 pickpoints at once???

That is IF (very VERY big IF) Ent/developers will even start to think about doing something with this idea... which, as far as I know, is not the reality atm.

Please don't bitch about problems that wouldn't be problems in the first place (for players-side-perspective)

Constructive critisism fine,

Are there more downsides to this idea not yet pointed out in previous replies, than please shout!

(I wouldn't want to destroy this wonderfull game, I would like to improve it, by giving my opinions/suggestions)

But no posts about how this will wreck personel game-play... cause it simply wouldn't :)

kktnxbye

Jerome_NL :D

oh good GRRRRIEF.......

for clarity...10x everything includes putting "2 normal pp" gives 20 to attribute additions. It's pretty easy to work out what 10 times everything means isnt it?

OOPS! My bad, it also means 10x the posts from people who dont have a clue wtf is going on/being suggested/hate teh idea of change/wanna put their own spin on teh idea to make it sound like their own. Oh and 10x the bans section posts FTM!

heh.

Great Idea, shame its just way outa current feasibility coz its 10x workload vs 1x manpower.

clicking twice to add 20 points worth of attributes destroys the point.

oh good GRRRRIEF.......

heh.

clicking twice to add 20 points worth of attributes destroys the point.

You missed the option that you can EITHER put 1pp OR 10pp at once. More options at wraith's dialogue box. So you have two options: fast but decimal pp addition, or fine tune by singular pp addition.

I personally would have a fun challenge figuring out some new attribute builds. Nothing better then trying a new set-up imo. (It is why I liked WoW's "soft reset", where you could reset your pp placement and re-assign them, but many people complained this would be easily abused.)

Off Topic: Maybe add a NPC to test server offering a "soft reset" for people wanting to try a build without having to reset and spend weeks to months re-building oa?

I love the idea of getting 10PP per level. You could fix it where the attribs are more expensive so we don't go out of control. I think the caps are good where they are but I think they could stand to go a little higher.

But of course just lowering the PP price of perks would produce the same effect

I personally would have a fun challenge figuring out some new attribute builds. Nothing better then trying a new set-up imo. (It is why I liked WoW's "soft reset", where you could reset your pp placement and re-assign them, but many people complained this would be easily abused.)

Off Topic: Maybe add a NPC to test server offering a "soft reset" for people wanting to try a build without having to reset and spend weeks to months re-building oa?

Just limit it to one #softreset per person. ^^ :brooding:

Sounds like a good idea...its an elegant way to introduce greater variablility into the game.

However, I'm thinking what the out come would be with this idea implemented...would this mean more, less or the same amount of iron ore coming into the game? Would people still buy higher rated armor or weapons or the lower rated ones? And when you get your 10pp for your 'oa' would you put them all on phy, coords or would you really distribute them across many attributes?

Variability may 'water down' aspects of the game and I wonder if this would be a good thing?

Sounds like a good idea...its an elegant way to introduce greater variablility into the game.

However, I'm thinking what the out come would be with this idea implemented...would this mean more, less or the same amount of iron ore coming into the game? Would people still buy higher rated armor or weapons or the lower rated ones? And when you get your 10pp for your 'oa' would you put them all on phy, coords or would you really distribute them across many attributes?

Variability may 'water down' aspects of the game and I wonder if this would be a good thing?

What I like about it is being able to buy a perk with one level up. If they changed the way attributes are distrubuted then if wouldn't be a problem. Like if we got 10pp per oa and we could either buy a perk or an attribute.

I don't think the whole 10x on EVERYTHING is going to happen though :> It would be a total revamp...

However, I'm thinking what the out come would be with this idea implemented...would this mean more, less or the same amount of iron ore coming into the game?1 Would people still buy higher rated armor or weapons or the lower rated ones?2 And when you get your 10pp for your 'oa' would you put them all on phy, coords or would you really distribute them across many attributes?

Variability may 'water down'3 aspects of the game and I wonder if this would be a good thing?

What I like about it is being able to buy a perk with one level up.4 If they changed the way attributes are distrubuted then if wouldn't be a problem. Like if we got 10pp per oa and we could either buy a perk or an attribute.

I don't think the whole 10x on EVERYTHING5 is going to happen though :> It would be a total revamp...

1: just about same amount iron ore coming into the game. You have 10x more EMU in this suggestion and Iron Ore is ~10x heavier. 4 EMU per Iron Ore becomes ~40 EMU per Iron Ore, with possibility to tweak the number (therefor the "~")

2: stats of items from weapons and armour are gonne be 10x larger ... so I think high-end weapons / armour are still the best choise with this suggestion. Only with more ways to vary / tweak / change stats, so that some weapons / armours are not too much overpowered.

3: with 'water down' do you mean everybody spend pp's in different types of attributes?

If that is what you mean... -> what is happening now ingame, will happen in the future also, is my prediction. Because of the Cap in attributes rising to 10x higher as well, to get the maximum EMU you need 440 pp's spend in physique and 440 pp's in coordination (because you start with 40 in each attribute allready :brooding: ). If done so, you would be OA level 88 to max out your emu, same as it is right now. To max out several attributes you need just as many oa's as you do now.

4: don't forget that perks can be tweaked as well :P now you need 7 pp's for really good perks, wich is absurdly high price in my humble opinion, but if this suggestion where you get 10x more pp's for an OA get's implemented, the pp's needed for a perk will probably rise a bit as well :P But more realistic ... not up to 70 for a good perk ... but maybe up to 20 or 25 for a really good one.

5: everything except the exceptions :) ((# of items and # exp / levels))

:D

Jerome_NL

edit:

/ps I just read back my last post and I realised that with my choise of words it sounds that this suggestion is actually going to happen ... but it is only just a suggestion :P English is not my native tongue and sometimes I find it hard to find the right words to express myself...

edit 2: I was wrong in the weight of iron ore ... changed it into 4 and ~40

Edited by GarfieldClowntje