Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
GarfieldClowntje

Increase everything 10 fold

Hello all.

As the topic title says, I would like to increase everthing 10 fold.

Everything except: 1) amount of items (harvests / manufacturing), 2) exp / levels and 3) EMU.

What would I like to see changed:

Per OA you get 10 pickpoints

Attributes capped at 480 instead of 48

Nexus needed 10 times as much as now (example 100 in human needed for art. cloak)

But also 10x more health points/mana

Weapons deal 10x more damage

Spells take 10 times more mana and have 10 times the effect (offensive spells) of the ones now

new!: Your EMU can grow 10x too, BUT weight of flowers / ores / minerals / items increase 10x as well!

.. .. .. .. .. .. ..

.. .. .. .. ..

.. ..

Etc.

You might think, WHY?!?! :

* If you perform a search, and type in a few words like +stats +change +tweak +weapons +armour +overpowered +useless +perk +whateva,

any combination of these and you come up with a LOT of topics where people would like to see some changes to whatever weapon/armour/perk/spell/...

* Weapons and armour can be tweaked and changed better, to give more variation in how you would cloth yourself, more balance between different builds.

* perks can be made more usefull again, more people might take perks, if they weren't as expensive as the are now (come on 7 pp's for a good perk ... hardly anyone uses them ... far too expensive)

* Nexusses can be changed so that the top items still use 60 or 70 nexus (100 for artificial cloak), but from 0 till 70 every item can be given allmost it's unique difficulty in nexus. Example SR's could need 40 vegetal, Potion of Feasting 42 vegetal, BR's 44 vegetal, etc. And thus further improving your freedom, how far will you go, what items do you want to make?

* It gives the players more freedom to build there characters. You could build your character just as you are building it right now, you just need 10 times more pickpoints to get the same effect as if you are spending 1 as it is now.

* Animals / Monsters can get more variaty, tweaking as you like.

* new!: Harvestables can be tweaked, so that the chrysanthemums, red roses, swamp candles and mullein don't all weigh 1 anymore :P

((ps *Hydro bars for nexusses should be changed if ^above^ get's in :P impossible to get hydro bars for 400 nexusses ;) *))

I can understand that this would be MAJOR change in coding, programming. I don't know if it even is possible(?) - if not drop it ;) - I also don't know if I am missing something important that would totally destroy this game in this idea ...

Please flame away ... good / bad / different approach?

thanks for reading,

Jerome_NL ingame

aka GarfieldClown / MaxeLL

Edited by GarfieldClowntje

its an interesting idea, but i think the extra variety it allows is not really needed, weapon damage doesn't need to any more specific than it is now, and i certainly dont think we need a greater diversity in the nexuses of things.

I don't see a point for this, plus people would get 480/480 p/c and afk harvest all day.

I don't see a point for this, plus people would get 480/480 p/c and afk harvest all day.
...increase everthing 10 fold ... except: ... 3) EMU.
Presumably, this means that EMU would be raised 1/10th as quickly, such as 2 EMU per (physique+coordination)/2 (or however Might would be calculated with the change), instead of 20. That is, we wouldn't all end up with 9600 EMU.

afk sitting at ice dragon with that p/c :P
'cept that their stats would be 10x also, so effectively you'd still get burned alive (or frozen?) and eaten. Edited by Hazor

The idea is not bad, sice there is, in theory, more tweakability. But there is way too much work involved, and the downside is that people would have to get used with a totally new system, which sucks.

Love the idea, :P i would love to see a higher hp/mana. does this also mean that the spell formulas would be tweaked again also? ;D

...increase everthing 10 fold ... except: ... 3) EMU.
Presumably, this means that EMU would be raised 1/10th as quickly, such as 2 EMU per (physique+coordination)/2 (or however Might would be calculated with the change), instead of 20. That is, we wouldn't all end up with 9600 EMU.

If you would think of the idea some more, you *could* make everything 10x heavier ánd EMU 10x higher (nothing changes as it is now) and than start tweak everything ... like some flowers a bit lighter, some a bit heavier (come on, swamp candles, mullein and chrysanthemums are all the same emu? ... isn't true irl, why here :P )

afk sitting at ice dragon with that p/c :)
'cept that their stats would be 10x also, so effectively you'd still get burned alive (or frozen?) and eaten.

Hazor is so spot on :(

The idea is not bad, sice there is, in theory, more tweakability. But there is way too much work involved, and the downside is that people would have to get used with a totally new system, which sucks.

I allready thought that might be a problem...

Well :) at least I put in my 2 cents

thanks for reading,

Jerome_NL

We are used to changes. :P

Beta

i don't play EL anymore but that idea is one of the best i've seen recently, really like it and original, constructive and well thought for once :D

hope ent and other players consider it fully :)

It's a fantastic idea, I was debating suggesting it a while ago but after talking to Ambro about it he of course brought up the key points of: armor stats and creature stats.

Armor would have to be increased significantly to counter the massive hits taken from 480 p/c. Weapons would have to give greater damage to have any effect at all in combat while having more accuracy to get through the armor. 150 health from a CoL would be nothing, but that may be a good thing. Get rid of CoLs and replace outright with helms!

Monster stats would have to be increased as well so they would not get killed in 1 hit.

Emu changes so people wouldn't be harvesting for an hour to fill up one load? :D

Just some stuff to think about.

Btw I fully support this idea although the game would need some MAJOR reworking.

Edited by Talixim

Talixim,everything would be increased 10 times so there would be no need for any bug changes.

The only thing which this would bring is more differenced stats of all the stuff ingame(a/d of creatures,nexus required,gc cost,etc etc)

That is a good thing

However, I still thing that it would be better to make it possible to divide everything by ten and then be able to change the stats or prices by 0.1 of something (in fact the same as original idea)

Talixim,everything would be increased 10 times so there would be no need for any bug changes.

The only thing which this would bring is more differenced stats of all the stuff ingame(a/d of creatures,nexus required,gc cost,etc etc)

That is a good thing

However, I still thing that it would be better to make it possible to divide everything by ten and then be able to change the stats or prices by 0.1 of something (in fact the same as original idea)

First off I never said anything about "bug changes", not sure what you are going on about there.

Second, without changes to weapons/armor...how are you ever going to hit someone with 480 coordination? 480 physique would give mega hits and with dragon armor being +29 armor, 480 reasoning would hit every time.

Along with that books could be read in a minute or two, monsters would ignore everyone, invasions would be a breeze without monster changes, it would take 100 srs to fill up mana, and several restores to gain full health. (all this if no other changes were made)

Third, I have no idea what you mean by:

Doesn't make sense to me.

All in all there are many many things that would need to be looked into if something like this were considered.

Edited by Talixim

what hes saying is that EVERYTHING will increase 10 fold, so monsters will have 10x p/c/r/armour and the weps will do 10x dmg and armour absorb 10x so its just like it is now but with a 0 on the end of everything, and then you can tweak a lot more.

Mmmm, I see...that still wouldn't change anything though. Wouldn't it just be the same with bigger numbers? :)

Read the base-note again and note the "except" clause.

Mmmm, I see...that still wouldn't change anything though. Wouldn't it just be the same with bigger numbers? ;)

Read the base-note again and note the "except" clause.

It would be exactly! the same as it is now, with 10 times more freedom to change stats / effects / etc.

In 1 of my replies I mentioned that the excpetion for EMU can be bypassed, by making everything 10 times heavier as well ;)

9600 EMU max (no mule) and 10 Weight flowers, effect = the same, bút you can make 1 flower heavier, and the other weighing less.

Same for the many 2 EMU items ingame now ... ten folds makes it 20 EMU per item. Coal could be made 18 EMU, Silver ore 22 EMU, Quartzes 24 EMU ... (or something like that) and you create many more differences, many more options in development..

Some of the people indeed got my intention in the first post :) and based on the reactions so far, I am pleased that there are people who agree with me :)

Jerome_NL

would the ingredients for items or spells increase 10 times aswell?

No, just the emu of those items would increase 10X

would the ingredients for items or spells increase 10 times aswell?

No, just the emu of those items would increase 10X

"Your mana pool would be 10x larger

Mana used per spell would be 10x larger

Effect per spell would be 10x larger (but with 10x larger healthpoints effect is the same)

SR's and BR's would restore 10x more mana / health points than they do now

EMU per essence / SR's / BR's would be 10x larger (you would be able to carry as many essences / SR's / BR's as you can now)"

"The amount of ingredients per spell would stay the same"

"The amount of SR's / BR's needed would be the same"

If implemented like that 'nothing' changes except the extra '0', but things can be tweaked like:

- EMU per essence, bit higher/lower for different essences;

- Mana used per spell tweaked higher/lower per spell;

- Effects per spell higher/lower;

Jerome_NL

/Edit/ I editted the first post a little bit, I removed the exception "nr 3) EMU" and added the 10x more carryload (EMU) but also 10x more weight for harvestables/items in the suggestion. (Items carried will effectively be the same as now, but you can change the weight per item a little better 'realistic')

Edited by GarfieldClowntje