Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Marcvs

Nexus potions to rise temporarily ur nexus

Hello all,

To increase the uses of the dragon scales (as I've hear, wouldn't be a bad idea to remove the big quantity of them from our storages), and to give the players other good new stOOf, I've got an idea: give the possibility to make potion of nexuses, to temporarily rise one nexus.

We all know, having the chance to rise even one step of nexus is a huge think, as the nexus steps allows you to make items of higher level than the previous step (for example, take potion nexus: with 4 you can mix all the "base" potions, but you need 5 to make the hardest ones and the extract, and 6 is needed to make the top potions. So who has nexus pot 4 can have a big advantage if he can rise his nexus, even temporarily). So those potions, if you think they can be useful, have to be very expensive, also considering that you can buy a nexus for 50 hydro bars, and keep it definitively.

So those potion must have exphensive ingredients, such dragon scales and enriched essies, but also hydro bars or extracts? I think a single potion have to worth on the free market around 8-10kgc each (1/50 of the 50 hydro bars'worth), considering the fact that you can obtain more potions from a single set of ingredients.

Also, for what I've sayd before, a nexus potion cannot rise your nexus by more than 2, and the bonus can last only some minutes, like 3 or 5. So they can be used only to mix some important object only when you need, and not to wear huge armors or the arti cape. But different potion can have different bonuses: for example a Potion of human nexus can give temporarily 5 points, and lasts 8 minutes; a Potion of artificial nexus can give 1 point and last 1-2 minute/s (so only to mix a few huge weapons or armors, once gathered a lot of ingredients). Or, even, we can rise the nexus required for the most important objects in the game, "forcing" players to use those potions to mix them, instead of buying a lot of nexuses.

To make this potion maybe you will need to have a high pot nexus (say 8), and, of course, a high potion level (80-90?).

Those potions can help players to try highest objects even without invest pps or hydro bars to take definitively a nexus or two, and can rise the use of dragon scales, beside of potions of attack/defence reduction. If you think that the potioner has already a lot of st00f to mix :) , we can think about a one-use stone (to mix under engineering or crafting) instead of the potion.

on the other hand, those potion can prevent people to take nexuses in artificial and/or magic in particular.

I cannot foresee if it is a good idea or not, so I ask you: what you think about this?

see you ingame! :)

your Marcvs from >FA<

P.S.: I've performed some searches before posting this: I hope there weren't other discussion like this :P

To make this potion maybe you will need to have a high pot nexus (say 8), and, of course, a high potion level (80-90?).

I got stumped at this part. Currently vegetal 6 is the highest a potter would possibly need. 6 is only good for making ref veg mix, mix of power, EMPs, and the newer speed hax and att/def reduction pots.

Most potters will only take 5, as they feel that's not enough items for the cost of a nexus. (I found enough merit, and took 6. FTR.)

Any attempt to require an even higher vegetal just to make one (type of) potion will fail. The reasons:

- Expensive nexus just to make these. Esp. if it meant getting 2 (or 3) more nexus.

- The pot will most likely end up at a price that only barely covers ings, with no real means of getting back the amount invested into it. (cost of nexuses, books, ing loss because it's such a high-level pot that even Ermabwed would likely have regular critical loss)

And that would be a devastating ing loss if the cost of the pot were as expensive as you mentioned. Even more so than the att/def pots.

For that price issue, it regularly happens. The att/def reduction pots for example won't even sell at barely-covering-ings cost. I was willing to try those though, as the only extra cost was the books, a cost that is regularly eaten in order to make stuff.

I would not, however, be willing to even try making these if it required buying more nexus or wasting more OA pp's on nexus. That's way too huge an expense to risk on a few pots that will most likely never be regained. I somehow doubt any of the other few people who have veg 6 would be willing to take more veg nex eiher, though I can't speak for them obviously.

As for the merits of a nexus pot itself, I'm personally unsure/iffy if it's a good idea or not. That's why I'm only commenting on the implementation part. :) Many of us have already spent pp's on nexuses that only rarely end up used (such as veg 6), and I'm unsure if the cost of the pot would allow it any value just to make a few items in a short time span. I'm more inclined to think the nexus were set up this way so only those really devoted to making such items could actually make them, and that this could (if the pots were used at all) cause some additional imbalance in the game in some way.

Edited by GoodDay2Die

Also the cost of the potion is way too high - its much cheaper to find someone with the needed nexus to make the items instead of making them yourself. The one with the nexus will often make the item if you bring the ingridients and let the one with the nexus get the experience for making the item

So it probaly won't be used if implemented.

Edited by Silvatica

Ok, whilst on the one hand there is some precedent for increasing nexus just for a particular skill and/or ability (some people HAVE invested the human nexus for artificer capes, for example) I can see that the big problem with this one would be a potioner taking the nexus to create potions that allow OTHER potioners to not HAVE to invest as many nexus and still make the same potions. Encouraging competition would not, in this case, be healthy for either the economy or a single players financial goals. And that is just from a potioning perspective.

Conversely, of course, it would allow more people to try the Artificer cape itself without the major investment it requires, which may have put many people off to date, and that would no doubt be welcome to many fighters trying to sell these capes.

However, there would also be problems on another score..hydro would not be as sought after by people who reset with the aim in mind of purely buying nexus from hydro bars (I am not talking about pkers wanting to buy PP here, I mean other skilled players who simply want to redistribute nexus into attributes and have worked towards this). Why would they need to save up 50-100 extra hydro ores they would normally invest into nexus, if they could suddenly get a hold of temporary nexus points from these potions? Which kinda has all sorts of unseen effects then on various areas of the game, from pkers seeing less targets in Imbroglio, to Manuers producing less s2e coz theres no longer as much demand (and the price drops) all the way to harvesters finding iron ores are no longer worth the current market value and next thing...we will have a build up of excess stuff no one wants to buy anymore.

This is, of course, all theorised rhetoric but even just a glance at some of my points is enough to see theres a lot of things that can be affected by introducing this potion, and for the most part, I believe it'll all end in tears.

When is it being implemented btw? :hug:

potion of human nexus should not be implemented ingame ;)

Many reseters equip 6 human nexus armor, reset and keep it for training to gain fast oa again after ^^

With a Human nexus potion, people would just get 4-5 nex, drink a potion and never unequip.

Thx for your posts, they're all very interesting ;)

of course maybe some nexus potion can be not implemented at all, like the vegetal one. And, in my imagination, a nexus potion can be used to rise the nexus only for a point or two, so to answer Michic0_oL, no1 can wear important armors if their base human nexus is 0, imho.

But yours scenarios took problems I haven't considered, so maybe you're in right to say that those potions can create much problems than advantages to the game. ;)

Anyway, let's see if some1 else have interesting ideas (positive or negative) about them :)

I doubt anything like this will ever be implemented (for reasons already stated), but if it was I'd rather see it as a special #day (day of no nexus, day of extra nexus, day of extra <type> nexus, etc) so that it can't be planned for. It would then be similar to a no-knowledge #day.

if bkc's idea of nexus #days was implemented it could be tied into the various Gods of EL for storyline purposes...just a thought..oh wait..thats been suggested before - oops.