Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Aira

Do you think this has potential?

Do you think that this story has potential?  

1. 1. Do you think that this story has potential?

• Yes.
    • A little..

Okay, here's a story in the making I'm working on... NOT A ROLE PLAY THREAD! This is ONLY A STORY, MADE BY ME!!!!

It uses my friends names, and if they don't want their names on here, please tell me so I can change it. Thank you... sorry I haven't had time to contact you earlier.

Anyways... here's the story. Please tell me in the poll whether you think it has potential or not.

In Time and Place

Story by Aira

He pushed past the remaining branches hanging low in the crowded wood. At last, he had again found the path covered in the reddened leaves of the autumn falling. Aira trudged on through the dense mass of bushes until his feet had successfully been planted firmly on the sandy trail leading to Valley Pordue. If he stuck to the trail, he wouldn’t get lost. Hopefully.

Aira had his fiery red hair down and flowing over his rich, gray and white robes. His ruby dangled from his neck. His face was the usual white. Too white, and spotted with freckles. The fire in his heart simmered proudly in his bright, red eyes, the radiance beaming from his attractive face. As he walked on, clouds of dust from the soft, sandy trail were kicked up from under his black leathered boots. The silver elven embroidery still showed at its fullest.

The trees around him were of oak and ash, adding to the mystic effect showering over the teenage elf. The amber sunset crept upon him as he walked ahead, and looking to his left and towards the marshes, he caught a glimpse of a glow from a Will O’ the Wisp.

“Great, this is all I need… something to lure me off my path.†Aira acknowledged to himself. It was his way of whistling in the dark. Maybe, just maybe the complaining and griping would keep his mind in line and on the road.

“Gods, this is taking forever! Maybe I should speed up a little.â€

As he quickened his pace, he heard a twig snap behind him. Someone or something was following him. The sun was setting now; the dark blue of the star veined sky loomed above him now. Another twig snapped, and Aira swung around to face only the path he had walked, stretching into the unpleasant shadow of the night. He pointed his finger toward the starlit sky, and a flame lit at its tip, shedding light to guide his way. He spun back around and quickened his pace.

Smoke from the Valley Pordue Tavern streamed through the air as Aira ran to the door, swung it open, and stepped inside to be engulfed by a crowd of dwarves and elves huddled around two humans. They had their arms clenched around one another’s in a furious battle of Arm Wrestling. As he took a bleak step off the shaggy green rug and onto the scarlet, Red Oak wood floor, a creak rang through the tavern like a Banshee’s shriek. The dwarves stopped drinking, the humans stopped their intense arm wrestling, and everyone turned to face the ghostly pale elf that had just entered their territory.

Aira clutched onto the ruby dangling from the gold threaded string hanging from his neck, and with his other hand, waved to the crowd in a shy hello. He then took a seat next to a familiar looking elf in an emerald green cloak.

“Why, it can’t be Geelef, can it?â€, gasped Aira. The cloaked elf slid his hood off his head and swung his golden hair out of his face. “Well, Aira! It’s been a while since we’ve seen each other.â€

“Yeah, how have you been?â€

“Fine. Just fine. And you?â€

“Great! Listen, someone’s been following me… I’m not sure who... I didn’t even catch a shadow…. “

“The people of this village are very shady characters. I wouldn’t put it past one to try and rob you on the road. You’d best be careful. Why don’t you rent a room here? I rented one just yesterday, and Laena is in there right now.â€

“Really? I’ve not heard from her in a week. She sent me a letter by bird. She told me you’ve been taking good care of her. It’s very comforting to a brother to know his sister is okay.â€

Geelef smiled and patted Aira on his shoulder. Geelef was only a little taller than Aira, but they were the same age. Geelef and Aira’s sister, Laena, have been together for the past year, and has been a very happy couple.

“Seventeen has been a good age for me. How about you, Aira?â€

“It’s been great. I just talked to Tumaros yesterday, I met him on the road near Worshire.â€

“Really? How’s he doing? I’ve not talked to him in a few months. Lots of things have been happening. Your sister and I… we’re err… thinking about maybe making … a stronger commitment to each other… or … yeah.â€

Geelef looked at Aira, who shifted uncomfortably in his chair, then nodded oddly towards Geelef, though not looking at his face.

“Really? That’s… well… I’m happy for you two. You seem very happy together.â€

Geelef could tell Aira was not too sincere in his gift of happiness for them. But it didn’t really matter to him, since Aira really didn’t have a say-so in the end. Laena is of sound mind and spirit. She can speak, and think for herself.

“Can I go up to your room? I’d love to see Laena. It’s been such a long time.â€

“Sure! Let’s go.â€

The two got up from the bar and went through the left side door leading to the bedrooms. Geelef and Laena were staying in the third room on the left, and as they entered, Laena sprang up from the bed and embraced Aira in a love-tight hug.

“Oh, Aira. It’s been so long. How are you doing?†she said, her eyes fluttering warmly over her brother. “Wow, look at you… you look so much taller.â€

“Yeah… right.†Aira said, sarcasm oozing from his voice. He knew it was just a compliment to make conversation. He looked practically the same since they last met. She did too, with her bright red eyes, flowing red hair, and her pale freckled skin. She was wearing an embroidered green robe. “You’re always being so nice to me, sis.â€

“I’m just saying!â€

“I know!†Aira replied with a laugh. Geelef only looked at the happy siblings and smiled with glee. He knew how much it meant to his friend to know his sister was okay. Aira and Laena had been separated most of their childhood, and had met in an old tavern in the midst of nowhere. But all was well know, or at least it seemed.

A rap on the door startled the three talkative elves that stopped their chittering conversation and fell into grave silence. Who could be knocking on their bedroom door? The innkeeper never interrupts the guests. It was their policy. And no one else knew they were here.

With a crash, the door was kicked to the floor and in stepped in what looked like a Halfling giant, walking cane resting in his right hand. A Halfling, meaning half giant… half what ever else. The tall and bloated figure looked massive compared to the startled elves huddled up on the bed.

“What do you want?†Aira demanded in a slight shaky voice.

“I’m here to take this,†he said flatly, grabbing the ruby and stripping it from Aira’s neck, “And I’m here to take her.†He swooped down and slung Laena over his shoulder, her not waiting to flail madly about kicking and yelling for release.

“You’ve just made a big mistake, you…†was all Aira managed to mutter as a jolt ran through the floorboards beneath them. The giant seemed aware of it all, as he braced himself on his walking cane with his arm. Another jolt sent the giant about a foot into the air, then crashing down on his wide bottom. Laena lashed about and managed to knee him in the nose, knocking him unconscious and falling the rest of the way into the hard oak cabinet beside the bed. Laena laid sprawled spread eagle on the floor, then sprang up grabbing the cane from the giant’s pudgy fingers and started whacking him over his head.

Geelef sprang up from the bed and held Laena until she calmed down enough to become aware that the giant wasn’t conscious, and couldn’t feel a thing. Breathing deeply she swirled around in his arms and put her head onto his shoulder. The only thing he could do was to wrap his arms around her and chat the ‘it’s okay’ speech in her ear. Aira got up from the bed, grabbed the ruby out of the Halfling giant’s pocket, and strung it back on his neck.

“That was an amazing power surge, ‘Sis… you sent that blunder butt a foot into the air.†Aira giggled. His sister and he are very different from regular elves. They were born with a sort of imbalance of power and magic. A trait of the Elves of Ir’Ere, a proud race of elves of royal lineage with the disorder. They have sudden bursts of energy when they are upset in anyway – angry, sad, or in pain. Anger is the usual switch, for the fearful temper runs in the family.

“He deserved it, coming in here and touching me… the grubby beast had what was coming to him.†She cried out in indignity. Geelef put a finger over her mouth as to silence the anger that built up. Maybe if he stopped it prematurely, it wouldn’t surface.

“I think we’d better get out of here… the sooner the better. If that thing is after us, I don’t want to be around when it wakes up. Let’s go.â€, ushered Aira in the attempt to get through the broken doorway.

The three elves clambered their way to the inn stables where they unhooked two stallions from their latches. They brought them out to the back road and mounted them, Aira on the white one in front, and Geelef and Laena (riding sidesaddle in her flowing emerald green robes) mounted the Paint behind Aira. If they were going to escape the Valley, they would do it the fastest way possible. Horseback.

They rode the outskirts of the countryside for a day straight before they saw a single house. The house seemed occupied with its windows lit, and very welcoming with the scent of the off-seasoned apple trees. They slowed down a bit, and Aira jumped off the white stallion.

“Should we give the door a knock and take our chances to finding some food?â€, he asked.

“I don’t know, Aira. Perhaps we should just snag a few apples from the trees… that’ll hold me off.â€, Geelef replied.

“Well, I’m up for a hearty meal, myself. I don’t think a few apples is satisfying enough for me, Gee.â€, Laena piped up, a soft growl emitting from her stomach. Geelef sighed, and knew he was out voted to knock on the door. He just hoped who ever or what ever lived there was friendly enough to give them a meal.

As they stepped up the staircase leading towards the door the boards beneath them shook unpleasantly. The unsteady proportion of it all didn’t appeal to them at all. The house was a log cabin, giving off the aroma of a cedar of some sort. Laena stepped forward and knocked her knuckles on the broad wooden door. The sound was full yet distorted in a way. Never the less, the door opened up and out stepped a humble old human, wrinkled with age. She had curly white hair, spots on her head were bald and liver spots were in its place. She was wearing a tunic of a brownish fur, and a pale lavender veil covering her face. It was the oddest sight they had seen in a long time.

“Hello, dears. Can I help you young travelers?†The voice was that of a woman’s, somewhat croaked but still full of life. Her appearance gave of a masculine form, confusing the elves as they stood there looking dumbfounded.

“Oh… err, yes. Dear woman, we don’t wish to intrude, but could we perhaps have a warm meal? We’ve been on the road for a full day, and haven’t eaten since beyond then.â€, Laena asked.

“Why, of course. Come on in, but mind your feet. I’ve just cleaned the floor and I don’t think Myles would like walking on a dirty floor.â€

They had no idea who, or what Myles was, and neither did they care at the moment. It looked as though the evening meal was already cooking, and they had come right on time. They sat themselves down at the table nearest the kitchen and gave a cheerful grin to the old woman that began stirring the pot hanging over the fiercely burning fireplace.

She was singing a tune with a traditional sounding melody. A rune perhaps, to praise her gods or the elements.

“By wind by fire

And wings alight

Sending pain

In a mighty fight.

Searing winds

That crush mankind

Waves of power

Tearing the mind.

Tearing with evil

With menace from all

Sending a shriek

From the darkest hall

By the elder

Who’s evil will soon ignite

All that was good

With hope and might

Destroying the townsfolk

And pillaging name

Destroying all family

By killing their dame

Cut throats plenty

With daggers of coal

Piercing with thunder

And lightning in cold.â€

It sounded dreadful and evil. It’s the kind of evil that seeps into your soul and pierces your heart. The three elves sat there stunned with fright. The candles along the wall shedding light amongst the house blew out, and a crack of lightning split the sky outside, filling the room with a blinding flash.

They turned to the old woman, which turned around from the bowl and cackled. Her face seemed to be melting off, oozing onto the floor in mighty blobs. She dropped her spoon she was stirring with and her hands shook violently in their place. Laena shrieked and buried her face in Geelef’s shoulder; the others just sat there, staring bewilderedly.

The woman raised her arms to the ceiling and cackled. Then her body seemed to split into two, and transformed into a flock of crows that squawked then crashed through the window opposite the kitchen table, shattering glass over the floor as they went.

More thunder and lightning lit up the house around the elves, still sitting in their seats with a firm grip on the table as if it’d fly away with the crows. Everything seemed to wind down, the lightning became less of a thrashing. The rain started to dribble, then came down in a pour. They would be staying for the night in the old log cabin. It seemed to soak into their minds as they sat there, staring at one another in sharp confusion.

The shattered glass still clung to the surface of the window, and as Laena got up she shook her head.

“Shouldn’t we at least clean up this mess? What if that old bag comes back? I don’t think she would be very happy to come home to a window shattered over the dusty floor… the floor’s messy enough as it is. It doesn’t need the window’s help.â€

Aira and Geelef looked to her in utter bewilderment. How could she be thinking of cleaning at a time like this? Something else was troubling Geelef as well. Laena looked paler than usual, and her freckles seemed to be taking their leave with her color. What could be the cause? Could she be sick? She hardly ever gets sick.

“Laena, are you feeling okay?†he asked her softly.

“Sure… err… I feel fine. Yeah, no need to worry. I’ll have this mess cleaned up in no time.â€, she replied. But she gave an odd glance in their direction, shooing off the question as if it was an ordinary everyday concern for her. But she knew. She knew something wasn’t right. She had been having trouble falling and staying asleep, and she felt physically exhausted all the time.

She walked over to the closet nearest the kitchen door, opened it, and fetched three brooms from their holsters.

“Here, use these… you’ll be helping me. I’m not doing all the work myself, you know.â€, she ordered with indignity. She wasn’t going to do all the work herself. They were there too, and they should have to clean up as well.

As she handed them each a broom she looked out the broken window and peered out to the night sky. The moon looked closer than usual. Too close for comfort. And it gave the odd illusion as if it were falling from its place in the never-ending expanse of stars. I’m just projecting myself from the problem at hand… I’ve got to clean, she thought to herself. Perhaps it was just her mind wandering away, and the moon was its usual size.

“Everything’s just the way it was… normal.â€, she muttered accidentally.

“What?†Aira and Geelef said in unison.

“You sure have been acting funny, Lae… what’s going on?†Geelef probed. “Come on, let us have it. You’re looking paler every day, and from the looks of it you have absolutely no energy.â€

“Mind yourself! Just take the damn broom and clean up this mess!â€, she shouted, the earth giving a little jolt.

“Calm down! I just care about you, Lae. You mean the world to me, you know. I just… don’t know what I’d do if I ever lost you.†Geelef replied, his eyes looking down as he started sweeping up the broken shards of glass.

“You’re being over dramatic, sweet Gee. You’re not going to loose me! Now, help me clean up this mess… it’s not going to clean itself.†Laena said unemotionally.

After they cleaned up the broken shards, then went upstairs to search for a bedroom. They went down the darkened hallway and tried to open the doors, but all were locked. Except for the two on the end.

Geelef and Laena opened up the one on the left, revealing a king-sized bed with beautiful silk sheets. The room was like a palace, decorated in fancy fashions and glittering with beauty. Aira opened up the door on the right, and saw a moon lit room with a bed with a broken post. A cockroach ran across the floor and hid in a hole at the base of the wall, leading to the next room. Aira gave a disgusted shiver and turned to join his friend and sister.

Laena and Geelef had taken the liberty of falling face first on the luxury-like bed and engulfed themselves in the warmth beneath the red and gold hemmed covers. It was like a dream room… one they could only dream about. Gold jewelry and ornamental trinkets hung from the gorgeous, golden, Celtic-knot wallpapered wall. Everything about it was divine.

“Why do you two get this room?†Aira said jealously. “I don’t want that run down room… the bed has a broken post. And… and … there are cockroaches skittering across the floor!â€

“I guess you will have to make the best of it, Aira…†Geelef said, trying to hold in a laugh full of pity. Aira sighed in defeat and walked slowly into the dark and indifferent bedroom.

Lol, you couldn't even imagine the fun I get out of writing a story.

:)

It's fun reading one, sure... but writing it is a totally different experience. And it's WONDERFULL!!!!

:(

*Goes off to write somemore on it.

You should read it anyways... I think it's good, and I'm proud of it. I think you might like it.

Wow, nice work. So now it's official, right? Laena and me :D

Man, I need to get out some more >.<

But, for real, I really like the story. Can't wait till you post more.

And, BTW, your location is getting weirder each day :)

Lol! :(

You just wait, Gee... you just wait.

:twisted:

You know, if it's getting too weird, I'm gonna move to your inner left ear and play the smurfsong all day :P (In Dutch hehe)

Lmao... drive me crazy and make me jump off a cliff, eh?

:)

This is getting very scary...

Geelef is it all right if I live in your left earlobe for a while? Slayton's brain fizzled out, so I was left with no home :? Pleeeaaaaasssseeeeeeee

Ofcourse you can :) As long as you don't play any weird songs :) It kinda seems I'm turning into a hotel or something...

And Aira, ofcourse I wouldn't want you to drive of a cliff. I would be in your ear, remember? :P

Lol... if I go anywhere, you're going with me..

Say, I just might take a turn at your right elbow and head for the heart..

I need a vacation. :?

Yeah, hear the calm, pumping beat of my heart :)

If you need a vacation, you can always stay at my place :D *Although I don't know how my parentlike microbes will feel about it... Well, screw them :)*

Aira's log: I'm staying in the Right Atrium Hotel...

I'll be attending a major event... The Pulse, the most famous rock group in Geelef, will be staring a concert tomorrow. I'll be going of course. They're famous for their beat, you know.

:cry:

So many puns..

Tumaros groans, rubbing his sweat-soaked forehead and yanking out a map. He scanned the immediate area for any landmarks, but to no avail. Tumaros groaned, and collapsed in a heap as the reality of the situation began to sink in...

...he was lost and alone in Geelef's nervous system.

Gee... your anatomy is so freaking confusing!

*presses a button that appears marked TAB*

...oh!

Aira's Log:

I've forfeited going to see The Pulse, live in concert in the Left Atrium of Geelef's heart..

Grr...... and all to save Tumaros.

Tumaros, you can always just head straight up. You'll probably end up in a really large mass called 'Spinal cord' You'll probably find Aira a bit more to the right. He's poking his vessel in my back, so I know where he is...

Then you might even go see the newest group in body:

Sensation!

Just take a left turn when you're facing my nostrils to see the spectacular light show. Today's show is in 'Tha Left Eyeball'; tomorrows will be in 'Tha Right Eyeball'. Check it out :)

Bad news, guys...I managed to find my way out, and I was on my way to the nostrils region, and next thing you know Geelef opens his mouth to talk and I slip on his tongue and sliiiiiiide all the way down this really long and smelly tube. I finally ended up, I'm guessing, in the pancreas, because if I put my ear to the wall (eww) I can definetely hear the glorious sounds that accompany digestion.

I'll find my way out of here yet!