Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
awhlrgreat

Consumers vs. Manuers?

It seems that many people still live under delusion, that manuers are producing like 10 great swords a day. If you will READ CAREFULLY the Manufacturers strike thread, you will then see, that many top manuers produce like 2-3 great swords per WEEK! Seriously, this is very far from mass production...

The 199th ranked manuer has a level of 50. If every person at manu 50 produces 2-3 great swords a week, thats 400-600 great swords entering the game every week.

500*52 = 26,000 great swords produced. I highly doubt that many are consumed.

#edit: Even if only 100 people produce 3 great swords a week, we're still talking thousands of swords.

Edited by Shujral

At level 59, I still haven't touched anything that requires a rare ing short of alembics and vial molds, both of which are in short supply due to easy breakage.

I seriously doubt level 50 manuers are risking rare ings on great swords. Especially not at that rate.

lvl 62 manu and I havent made a great sword in nearly a year .....

#edit in fact I would say the most requested item people ask me to mix for them are vial molds

Edited by Ateh

It seems that many people still live under delusion, that manuers are producing like 10 great swords a day. If you will READ CAREFULLY the Manufacturers strike thread, you will then see, that many top manuers produce like 2-3 great swords per WEEK! Seriously, this is very far from mass production...

The 199th ranked manuer has a level of 50. If every person at manu 50 produces 2-3 great swords a week, thats 400-600 great swords entering the game every week.

#edit: Even if only 100 people produce 3 great swords a week, we're still talking thousands of swords.

I'm level 70, have made 1 orc slayer from xmas till now, for a friend who gave me mats.

All I make is s2es.

I don't see the point in all those posts, problems are rare ings (stones, enriched essences). Because there are not enough of those players will always give more gc to buy it and that's how prices go up. I doubt that someone is willing to sell some of these for lower price ( lets say ~5k efe), seller will always go for higher price. But manuers got my support in strike, why to sell something for less gc than ings cost.

EDIT: This would maybe solve problems with stones and enriched essences, to limit how many you can have in storage, some ppl collect them for fun when others need them and there are lets say enough ingame and rates are low to make new ones and that to apply on bots too.

Edited by Torr

Are you an idiot?

How many manuers except for a few $$ players can mix up that many swords per day? I mean honestly, no profit, little use, we aren't swarming in swords you know.

Most manuers hardly mix a thing that will cause them to lose their stuff. Most manuers who maek swordsa re 68+ manu level.

You don't make much sense

Are you an idiot?

How many manuers except for a few $$ players can mix up that many swords per day? I mean honestly, no profit, little use, we aren't swarming in swords you know.

Most manuers hardly mix a thing that will cause them to lose their stuff. Most manuers who maek swordsa re 68+ manu level.

You don't make much sense

Check your quote, Aftershock, Shuj stated per WEEK not per day. It seems to make sense to me.

Are you an idiot?

can you read?

Please relax guys. You are way too cranky to broadcast it like this. Behavior like that usually means something is wrong in your life, but I think alot of us have some crap to deal with, so just vent in pm instead of having a curse-fest on forums please.

And now to be on topic....I think 2-3 swords a week only for a few manufacturers would have been accurate, but that has dropped off before October of last year, in my oppinion. I notice when people are willing to pay a different price for swords. For a little, it was 20K or 19K according to some silly price quotes on the market channel for a while before October. Then it improved a little. Finally, I have more people buying from me and giving me the value of my swords even if it is not all in gc.

Personally, I don't know why this thread was started since to me it seems like it says the same thing as the manufacturer's strike thread, but oh well. Whatever.

Mebbe I be too n00b to weigh in much here, but I can't say as I see terribly much of a problem with any aspects of the EL economy.

Yeah, with some of the shortcuts / harv sweetspots removed, certain things are a little harder to get in quantity.. and for a while there, things like EFE's were really hard to get for anybody who couldn't buy from the shop.. so bits like Vial Molds and Alembics were constantly being sought....

But besides some little supply hiccups on such things, I've never really seen a situation where a person couldn't get what they need. Just situations where they have to work a little harder for it. Granted, on some things, it really helps to have friends and/or a good guild behind you.. but all things are really doable if you're willing to put in the effort and are patient enough.

Just for example.. I've only been playing again for a couple months. Started completely over from scratch, liquidated my old chars storages, donated the gcs to Annatira for some contests, and deleted em. I'm now 10 binding stones and 16 tit bars away from getting a set of black dragon armor made. I probably could have just bought a set outright by now, but I chose a different means. I'm going to order the binding stones from the EL shop, simply because I never see them for sale in game..

But heck.. I cleaned my room and my car and I found $18.36 in loose change.. so I have to come up with another couple bucks here in the next week or two to get a check/money order for Radu and a postage stamp. This is not titanically hard stuff here.. and yes, I'm clinically broke irl. lol.

Essentially, though.. there's plenty of ways to make money to get what you need. It may not be exactly *fast*.. and it may even be really boring... but that's why they call it "work".

Now sure, there are people who are a lot more ambitious than me.. and there are people who need a lot more expensive stuff to get to their goals, or to do what they really *want* to do.. but there's nothing really saying that they *can't* do it.. it just may take more time than they're happy to spend.