Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Chosen

Change: Cockatrice Feathers.

As of now, they are just about useless in-game, apart from Tailoring.. (Useless) :) so I was thinking.. Maybe make them used for something else?

At the moment, it's close to impossible to buy accuracy & evasion potions in bulk, unless you buy them from the NPC.. So change the formula of those potions, from skunk & raccoon furs, to use Cockat feathers.. This will be better for potions, fighters, PKers. Example:

Accuracy Potion:

1 Empty Vial

2 Cockatrice Feathers

5 Valerians

15 Dandelions

1 Ale

Evasion Potion:

1 Empty Vial

3 Cockatrice Feathers

10 Yarrow

10 Mullein

1 Ale

So basically just swapping the furs with the feathers.

Comments / Suggestions?

#Edit - I didn't put the best title in the world..

Edited by Liquid

pro idea tbh since cocks are trainable and the drop are pritty useless and no rare drops as far as i know

EFE, ELE, Serpent Stone are rare drops from cockas, at least were before the update.

ah yer it looks like a kinda expensive formula, i'd change it to maybe 1feather each

The prices would drop, if people knew they could get potions. A lot of people train them now.. Or, using a set amount of Feathers could make X amount of potions.. Could work. ^^

I don't know about the whole changing the recipes (sucks to be the potioner who was stocking up on skunk/racoon furs) but I DO agree on doing something much more productive with the cockatrice feathers NOW then waiting for them to become saturated into the market and thus having Ent think of yet another item sink in the game. Kinda like what we've seen with dragon scales...

...or it is already too late? :)

yeah you could have them set to make x amount = gg

Edited by MagpieLee

I'd be surprised if someone was keeping a stock of furs up.. And this way, fighters & potioners get a benefit. I don't think changing would be too drastic a change, I could be wrong though.

I'd like to hear from a Potion maker (I'm level 51.) and think this would be a lot better than the other furs.

i personally like the idea, but im just a few OA's from killing trice being profitable... it's kinda harsh on people <~130 a/d

I have potion level 73. I almost never make those two potions mentioned. As it's a real pain to try and get those furs in the numbers needed for potions. On the other hand, I haven't seen that much demand for those potions either.

I do have a small stash of furs for both those potions, that I have been saving up. So a straight switch without warning would screw me.

If there was an increase in demand for these potions, then you idea might have merit.

IIRC Radu mentioned in chan 6 about using trice feathers for a Ranging potion ( increasing crit hits or something ) not sure if that idea is still in the works or not

So basically you are suggesting having 'trice feathers usable for 3 items instead of 1 item. And having the raccoon and skunk furs only useful for making hats in manu. Seems you are replacing one problem with another.

ie. You are inversing 2 problems.

But I do agree, there should be another use for the feather. I personally think a ranging potion would be excellent.

Exactly. Keep these pots the same, Radu's idea of a possible ranging potion (fear of how much it'll cost suddenly hits) sounds like a better idea.

Agreed, the best solution to make cocka feathers useful is to use them for ranging. Perhaps together with dwarvium, for those body piercing bolts discussed on channel 6? But of course ranging potion would be nice, as well as huge cocka feathers donation for incoming ranging god ;)

Besides, my impression is fluffs drop a lot eva and accu pots. Trainers often sell these for 90-100 gc a piece. I doubt a potion that contains cocka feather could cost that low.

So basically you are suggesting having 'trice feathers usable for 3 items instead of 1 item. And having the raccoon and skunk furs only useful for making hats in manu. Seems you are replacing one problem with another.

who trains raccoons and skunks? if the demand wasn't that high then there shouldn't be that many.

if someone farmed and bought 15000 of raccoon and skunk furs then this was poor judgement and

this will teach them a valuable lesson. i like the first idea.

who trains raccoons and skunks?

This is going to come as a complete and utter shock to you, so I'm going to have to ask you to make sure you don't stand up before you finish reading this, for your own safety.

Not everything involves training, especially when it comes to non-fighting skills.

There I said it. I know you "there's other skills?" fighters find such stuff shocking, so I hope you didn't do a spit-take on your monitor or something.

While EL is still beta (forever and ever amen), it's been around long enough that you expect some things to stay relatively stable. Ingredient changes should only be made in an item's early stages, when deemed necessary to tweak the item or its value. Completely changing the ingredients just because you wanna get rid of some feathers that have nothing to do with the potion itself just shows, well, you're not a potter. Possibly not even a mixer.

Compare it to you stocking up on HEs, only on the next server update Restore requires LEs instead. Poor planning on your part? It may not look the same to you as an obvious non-potter, but it is.

who trains raccoons and skunks?

This is going to come as a complete and utter shock to you, so I'm going to have to ask you to make sure you don't stand up before you finish reading this, for your own safety.

Not everything involves training, especially when it comes to non-fighting skills.

While EL is still beta (forever and ever amen), it's been around long enough that you expect some things to stay relatively stable. Ingredient changes should only be made in an item's early stages, when deemed necessary to tweak the item or its value. Completely changing the ingredients just because you wanna get rid of some feathers that have nothing to do with the potion itself just shows, well, you're not a potter. Possibly not even a mixer.

Compare it to you stocking up on HEs, only on the next server update Restore requires LEs instead. Poor planning on your part? It may not look the same to you as an obvious non-potter, but it is.

changing HEs and raccoon and skunk furs are not the same thing. it has been stated that

raccoon and skunk furs are a lot of hassle... no one hunts them so characters have to

go out of their way to get them. Liquids idea is more efficient. it takes something wasteful

and changes it to something more useful. you'd rather keep something in the game that

is wasteful and inefficient just to make a few coins off low demand items that you shouldn't

have wasted time on anyway? this is usually what happens to invisible market hands.

oh and do not presume... i do alch. i make my own HEs harvest my own silver and this

is faster and cheaper than buying them. the extra PPs from that reduces my HE expense

and if the HEs did change over night i'd lose maybe 2 hrs of work one week... no big deal.

also i know exactly how many i will need each week to so it works out pretty good.

Agreed, the best solution to make cocka feathers useful is to use them for ranging. Perhaps together with dwarvium, for those body piercing bolts discussed on channel 6? But of course ranging potion would be nice, as well as huge cocka feathers donation for incoming ranging god :P

Besides, my impression is fluffs drop a lot eva and accu pots. Trainers often sell these for 90-100 gc a piece. I doubt a potion that contains cocka feather could cost that low.

I was thinking an alt formula for pk arrows using a trice feather would be nice - maybe 1 feather + 25 or 50 arrowheads, yew, AE = 25 or 50 arrows.

Why do you want cockatrice feathers used for Acc and Eva Potions ? Is killing racoons and skunks no fun for you ?

I have another idea. Why not use them as extra ingrediance for the def/att-reduction potions that we love so much :)=

i personally like the idea, but im just a few OA's from killing trice being profitable... it's kinda harsh on people <~130 a/d

trices spawns suck~~

trices spawns suck~~

I know...

I said killing trice would be profitable, i didn't say it'd be a good use of time :confused: (it would be a better (maybe still not 'good', but better) use of time if their feathers could be used in acc/eva ^^)

i have also a good use if not to powerful i hope.

no cooldown potion => no cooldown on items for 1 minute.

it should use 1-5 coc feathers and one of the dragenscales of al 3 of them.

and maybe based on creature food and feasting potion if stil too powerful.

so final formula wil be

1-5 coc feather

1 dragon scale (each color)

1-10 vials (would give then 1-10 potions)

1-10 creature food

1-10 feasting potion

what about using the feathers for GHP instead of binding stones? no one can be horribly attached to using binding stones for GHPs.... or can they?

what about using the feathers for GHP instead of binding stones? no one can be horribly attached to using binding stones for GHPs.... or can they?

I've made hundreds of GHPs using binding stones! Great value for the money!

No, wait, all my GHPs are rare makes while making BRs, or "gifts" from Lenny.

GHP recipe needs to be changed, and I'm sure that's been mentioned already several times over on the forums. To what, don't care, so long as ings don't cross the 200gc price line. Otherwise replacing one bad mix with another, which is just stupid. :)

I've made hundreds of GHPs using binding stones! Great value for the money!

No, wait, all my GHPs are rare makes while making BRs, or "gifts" from Lenny.

GHP recipe needs to be changed, and I'm sure that's been mentioned already several times over on the forums. To what, don't care, so long as ings don't cross the 200gc price line. Otherwise replacing one bad mix with another, which is just stupid. :)

It could be done in a similar way EMPs are:

30 sunflowers

15 BRs

10 HE

vegetal: 6

food: 60

level: 33

xp: 400

tool: m&p