Eternal Lands Official Forums
Holar

Manufacturing strike!

Nothing to do with luck here. I dont have to make swords/armors. And IMHO fighters will need luck if ings (and swords) price will reach NPC price :P

As i said before, my main exp source are s2es, mixed both for myself and for other ppl, just for ings. In this case it works great all the time.

And im not that lazy, i wish i could spend even 50% of my time with manufacturing. But if id be doing that, id be broke in less than month. 104 alch isnt bad for someone who isnt an alcher, and is lazy, no?

(it probably came from those hundred of thousands of hydro bars i mixed to make those thousands of armors sets to flood the market)

PS. yep, thread is getting funnier all the time. At least for me.

Edited by Pillgrim

So everyone should make money apart from fighters ?

Honestly? yes.

#edit: "everyone" means harvesters, alchers, manuers, potioners, and crafters. I do not think tailoring or ranging should be a source of income.

Edited by Shujral

Honestly? yes.

#edit: "everyone" means harvesters, alchers, manuers, potioners, and crafters. I do not think tailoring or ranging should be a source of income.

<3 shuj

Ok I will humour you.. the reasoning behind that is ?

I just don't think you should be able to kill stuff for a profit. Fighting is both the easiest way to get overall xp and a way to get lots of money. I'm sure someone will reply to this and say "omfg i r spent 0490234u234k on training, so stfu", but the fact of the matter is that high level fighters remain among the richest players in EL.

#edit: Flame away.

Edited by Shujral

but the fact of the matter is that high level fighters remain among the richest players in EL.

its because theyve been getting thier st00f for so cheap for too long

J/K :)

#edit -- but seriously , if prices of rare ings go down, you can bet your last GC prices of end products will reflect that

Edited by Ateh

I just don't think you should be able to kill stuff for a profit. Fighting is both the easiest way to get overall xp and a way to get lots of money. I'm sure someone will reply to this and say "omfg i r spent 0490234u234k on training, so stfu", but the fact of the matter is that high level fighters remain among the richest players in EL.

#edit: Flame away.

There are three ways to fight mobs in this game

Fight High level mobs for fun/excitement/practice

Fight at your trainning level mobs for experince

Fight below your level mobs for gc's....not much xp, but you get the idea

The richest players in game are not always the High level fighters, but the clever people (and the clever people usually end up with high skill levels)

And why shouldnt tailoring be profitable for the tailor (after the 8million orange dye stages) you want to dress fancy, you pay or live with the clothing the charater creation program gave you :)

EQUAL PAY for EQUAL labours

Manufautures Local 485

I just don't think you should be able to kill stuff for a profit. Fighting is both the easiest way to get overall xp and a way to get lots of money. .

It varies tbh as you move up the mobs, some lower level mobs are great for gc/drops, troll/ogres spring to mind, while things like mcw are useless for anything but xp (never get rich training them lol).

GC drops are fine imo they help pay for items needed, but I would agree that drops such as swords/armour etc that detract from the market are not good

Dont get me wrong, Im 100% in favour of you making a profit, but I think that would be better gained by making a stand against the Ing prices rather than upping the end price.

Same end result just differant views how to do it I suppose

Same end result? The harvers getting shafted instead of you?

Saving 1/2 a gc per ore is nothing compared to the markdown the end users get which is the point of this thread.

It was a half joke/half example. I don't mind the iron ore price too much. The 1100 it could take off the price is not even worth mentioning to speak. Damned rare ingreds are too expensive.

I hear the silver ore is now going towards 2.5gc, which I do object to.

Mirror Mirror on the wall who i the poorest of them all ??

Pffft , I still think everyone should be asked to gather thier own ingredients if they want high end stuff, from FE all the way to the Saving Stone, get it yourself

lol

Honestly? yes.

lol

If manufactures want to be able to sell their items for higher prices than they currently are, they should be requesting fighters get better gc drops.

If manufactures want to be able to sell their items for higher prices than they currently are, they should be requesting fighters get better gc drops.

OR the fighters should get better at fighting? The better you are, the more drops you get, because you're that good. You can kill more things in less time=more gc from drops. Train away.

OR the fighters should get better at fighting? The better you are, the more drops you get, because you're that good. You can kill more things in less time=more gc from drops. Train away.

Your a clown, you absolutely have no knowledge about training, i mean come on you wanted to go ogres -> dcw, and once i even saw you "training" gargs with an orc slayer lmfao. really, even though you have a grudge against korrode, maybe you should let it go and focus on the task at hand instead of shooting down anything he says. really defeats the the purpose of your opinion at all huh? :(

EDIT: or better yet, go play a game with no combat/fighting at all.

Edited by bigkav

Your a clown, you absolutely have no knowledge about training, i mean come on you wanted to go ogres -> dcw, and once i even saw you "training" gargs with an orc slayer lmfao. really, even though you have a grudge against korrode, maybe you should let it go and focus on the task at hand instead of shooting down anything he says. really defeats the the purpose of your opinion at all huh? :(

EDIT: or better yet, go play a game with no combat/fighting at all.

OFF:When you decide to train without weapon or even multiing monsters and healing them, you sacrifice the drops for the extra experience you have. Everybody shall decide and shall do as he thinks is the best for him. Many times it is a big diferece between enjoying a game or making it a second job, or worst second life, in what you have only one purpose, to realise everything that you fail to make with you real life.

On topic: I think that even if the fighters would make more money they would pay more for a great sword, because:

1 there is overproduction for these weapons

2 fighters would invest the extra money to make their stats perfect (removal stons etc.)

I see one thing that could make this stop:

If the server could suport(i know that it can't) item properties, like when you equip an item it gets bounded to you, i mean that from that time on nobody else but you will be able to use it. This would stop the great swords and expensive armour parts to move from one player to another. The only sellers would be manuers or reselers, but they would buy from manuers also.

2 fighters would invest the extra money to make their stats perfect (removal stons etc.)

I dont want to turn this into "omfg we want more drops threads" but just like to comment on this remark.

That statement Troger might be true, but only for the Top 30% of fighters, afaik (and yes sometimes it might come across like it), that when Korrode etc mention "fighters" they mean everyone from 10-160 a/d not just themselves.

Edited by conavar

15 pages topic. But there is just 1 thing to say :

Your fault if the ingreds became so expensive, you shouldn't have mass produced for magic swords. It isn't just about radu reducing EFE rate.

EFEs arent used for swords btw :(

Dragon armors and 10 binds per dragon set is what made binds harder to get, and more expensive. Bigger demand, bigger price, nothing strange here. I wish, but i dont expect ings prices to drop significantly, so only thing i can do for myself, is either stop producing swords at all, or just selll them at higher price.

Even if wolfram bars amount coming into game is constant, they have more uses now than they used to, and that makes them more expensive. Same with serp stones, same with EFEs (alembics/vial molds), same with hydro bars (nexus), EMEs (dragon armors/saving stones). If more ppl need them, and are trying to buy them its natural price will go up.

Just out of interest it would be nice to know how many bindings,serps,etc came into the game per day/week via ingame ways (harv,drops)

If this is the same as it was say 6 months ago, but now with more items needing them, maybe the find rate needs to be tweaked abit higher.

I know with the black market $ > GC rate as it is at the moment, unless you are buying for personal use or for friends, they are just not profitable for most people to buy for market from the shop

You are correct in regards to those ings that cannot be made (the best example is binding stone). I think it is incorrect for some ings that can be made, where the price have been upped due to buyers impatience (the best example - steel bars). I remember perfectly that while everyone was selling at 45 gc, manuers started to pay 50 and soon even more, buying large lots. That has caused severe consequences, like iron ore price rise from long-term price of 3 to 3.5 gc. This obviously have caused other price rise chain, upping hydro bars price from long term 10k to close to 11k, but especially causing gc/$ ratio inflation. I still believe the only way to get prices down is to drastically reduce demand for and price for those ings that can be produced, especially for steel bars. Yes, this is huge sacrifice to sit and mix own bars instead of buying them in bulk, but that's a sure way to reduce manu cost and at least attempt to stop inflation.

Cruella, the iron ore prices are 3.5gc because it weighs 4 emu. They were going to change it to 4gc, but as a compromise, they changed the price to 3.5gc.

Try watching how many non-manufacturers are buying steel bars in huge amounts. There are plenty of "professional hydro miners" that are providing hydro bars to EL, mostly to high-level fighters, and making nice profit with it (well, less profit now as steel bars price jumped again, 52-53 now), and thats were most of still bars go.

Happened to me to sell some hydro bars too, but 90% of hydro i've mined i used myself (yes, thats some work from me to reduce costs ;P) And increased hydro bars price is 100% not manufacturers fault.

I'm not going to convince anyone whose fault it is or is not. The fact is (and chat log of channel 3 confirms) that steel bars price rise in mid 2008 was initiated by manuers. Others have followed. While I was constantly posting "buying steel bars 45 gc each", others were adding +1 gc every few days. It's not opinion, as I said it's a fact. Nevertheless it is all history now, and here is reality - I'm not paying 50 gc per steel bar, I'm doing my own bars and I'm fine, while manuers still happily pay 50+ and complain that their costs are high.

I think the drops that fighters get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a fighter doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.

#edit: reworded.

Edited by Shujral

As a side note - as I'm not a current active participant in game, my support or dissent against this latest move is null, or at best nothing more than just a "you can do it!" message.

I will say that in the past, I know of two strikes and "unions" that formed with similar aims.

The first, I was part of. The Alchemist Union was massively maligned, yet largely successful - we had good organization. I actually made a good bit of money there... but we eventually fell apart do to complacency when we got what we wanted. Strangely, I was making money this way WHILE MrMind was making money HIS way.

The second, a "Manufacturers Union" started with one top player saying he was tired of selling below cost... This failed, IMO, because there was no organization to this...

Just my two gc worth.

I think the drops that fighters get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a fighter doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.

That sentence can be changed for a few of the skills though

I think the stones that Harvesters get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a harver doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.

I think the Rare's that Manuers get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a manuer doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.

Note: Before ppl moan/flame... post is ment as a joke :)

Edited by conavar

*I think the Rare's that Manuers get are quite fine. Also, you can use other skills for teh gcs. Just because you're a manuer doesn't mean you can't pursue riches in other ways.*

Isnt that what u said before not as joke? :)

And its true, rares are fine, and i can use (well, have to sometimes) other skills for gc :) I cant afford spending 90% of my time with my main skill.

Edited by Pillgrim