Eternal Lands Official Forums
Holar

Manufacturing strike!

So u dont expect great profit from training/fighting (which u spend 90% time on).

I dont expect any profit. I just dont expect 30% loss. I mentioned those prices are still cheaper than ings. But i also mentioned that loss CAN be covered with rare chance, what u seem didnt notice. If ill be VERY lucky (sometimes i am, sometimes im not at all), ill get some bigger gc frome specials, but only if they will happen more often than only to cover loss.

I also mentioned im buying wolfram bars from fighters. Forgot to add that i buy lots of steel bars from harvers/alchers, that are making them from scratch. I pay for those about 20-25% more than i did 1 year ago. Do u think they are willing to pay more for armors/swords? Same answer - 90% of them dont. They harv ings themselves, so their cost of making didnt increase, their income did.

And thanks Cruella for making it appear my setting Passions selling price seem like I am a moneygrabbing ebul profit err grabber type person.

I did not say that, what I said was that your proposal was probably not well-thought-out, therefore I will not follow it.

Ideal:

Ings cost < end produce price = Happy Manuers producing Items on which to profit GC as well as Exp

Congratulations, you have just discovered steel two edged swords !

So u dont expect great profit from training/fighting (which u spend 90% time on).

I dont expect any profit. I just dont expect 30% loss. I mentioned those prices are still cheaper than ings. But i also mentioned that loss CAN be covered with rare chance, what u seem didnt notice. If ill be VERY lucky (sometimes i am, sometimes im not at all), ill get some bigger gc frome specials, but only if they will happen more often than only to cover loss.

I can only speak for myself, and no I gave up expecting to make a profit from training ages ago, and I would say you have made more profit from manu (including specials) than i ever have from a/d (including non gc drops) . you get the profit I get the xp so who cares tbh.

They harv ings themselves, so their cost of making didnt increase, their income did.

That is a problem, but that would only be solved by like I said before, players sticking together and refusing to pay those prices.If people pay them, then in the end they will keep increasing

Edited by conavar

Conavar,

Manu training = leather helms....it is the best xp out there for manu

I agree that the xp for great swords should be increased.

I agree that ingredient prices should go down.

I have one suggestion....

If You buy binding stones and serpent stones from the EL shop, You should sell them to a manufacturer for 1K and 3K instead of 5K and 7K so that You can get it that manufacturer to sell you a sword for 22K.

Currently, making and selling steel longs to Trik would be better manu training than making you a great sword.

Riddle me this....

A Ti long sells for 700-1000 gc but requires an EFE which sells for 4000-6000

How is this possible?

clops drop tit longs.

And thanks Cruella for making it appear my setting Passions selling price seem like I am a moneygrabbing ebul profit err grabber type person.

I did not say that

"appear" "seem" I wasnt saying you directly quoted me as a moneygrabbing etc, but you DID make it appear and seem like my motives were thus, when you questioned the justification behind my changes to my bot.

what I said was that your proposal was probably not well-thought-out

Probably? Don't be middle-of-the-road Cruella, if you think it was a crap idea just say it, no offence taken on that score.

therefore I will not follow it.

I can respect that. It's no surprise that not a single sword has been bought by my bot since I made the changes, obviously the 20k buy-in price that nearly everyone was once willing to aim to get for a great sword is no longer acceptable, even to pkers who didnt make the items but acquired thru pking or other means. No doubt theyre all wanting the higher retail value they now perceive the swords are worth, may well be that SOME hope to get the 30kgc price that my bot would resell for if it DID buy something in. We'll never know. But I will commit to increasing my buy-in price by 1k on those swords each week until theres some coming in, and then adjust the selling prices accordingly until we hit the right formula for the bot to continue stand-alone trading.

Please bear in mind Cru that the high 30kgc price i set wasnt because I hoped I would have some major profit from selling...I knew before I set it no one would buy for 30k something they could get cheaper elsewhere, just like my analysis shows on Ings vs end produce costs shows that people will buy ings instead of end produce if they want a sword. 30kgc was merely an upper limit I knew wouldnt be hit for a long time, and therefore a safe buffer to ensure some swords were removed from circulation.

Because that is what its all gonna come down to, swords being withdrawn from sales, before they increase in value. IF/WHEN we manage that, then we need to control how many trickle back out again, and not just sell the whole lot asap for as much as poss. Passion alone cant do it, not enough slots OR gc.

Ideal:

Ings cost < end produce price = Happy Manuers producing Items on which to profit GC as well as Exp

Congratulations, you have just discovered steel two edged swords !

Blimey, and I thought they were drop only. I can see we're not getting along too well on this one, are we? I'll just leave everyone to it and keep tabs on market. Happy hunts :confused:

I have one suggestion....

If You buy binding stones and serpent stones from the EL shop, You should sell them to a manufacturer for 1K and 3K instead of 5K and 7K so that You can get it that manufacturer to sell you a sword for 22K.

I only buy bindings to sell cheap in guild , since even at 7k they are a loss at todays GC farmers $ price, to make a profit on them on the open market they would have to be sold at 14k .

But I would rather support the game not farmers, which is why i sell them way below market price to guildies .

Edit:

Might also (apart from hoarders) why there might be a shortage of Stones ingame, Not everyone is as st00pid as me and if Mr Farmer is selling GC at a rate of 7-8k per $ ,then alot of people are going to buy from them and not items like bindings from the shop which they can only sell ingame at a rate of 3.5k(ish) per $

Edited by conavar

Mirror Mirror on the wall who i the poorest of them all ??

Pffft , I still think everyone should be asked to gather thier own ingredients if they want high end stuff, from FE all the way to the Saving Stone, get it yourself

I only buy bindings to sell cheap in guild , since even at 7k they are a loss at todays GC farmers $ price, to make a profit on them on the open market they would have to be sold at 14k .

But I would rather support the game not farmers, which is why i sell them way below market price to guildies .

To cut the story short, if you are not willing to sell the rare ingreds cheap enough for manufacturers to get 20*600 (steel long price) and at least 1K for risks involved after taking the cost of the binding stone and serpent stones out of the equation, you can't possibly expect anyone tell sell you a great sword.

harvesters/EL_shop_customers | manufacturer | buyer

But with the market the way it is and you support it with your serpent stone and binding stones being the usual and demanding great swords for 22K.....

harvesters/EL_shop_customers | mnfctrr | buyer

Ummm...the manufacturers gets the squeeze in the middle. Get it?

I have been pissed at cheapskates for 2 years now. It is why I don't make much for people.

To cut the story short, if you are not willing to sell the rare ingreds cheap enough for manufacturers to get 20*600 (steel long price)

I do sell cheap in guild, last bindings i bought i sold for 4k (at a loss) to a guildie for her Cols .Like I said im not worried about profit and I would be quite willing to trade bindings stones at your siggy price for a great sword , doesnt bother me one bit

I do sell cheap in guild, last bindings i bought i sold for 4k (at a loss) to a guildie for her Cols .Like I said im not worried about profit and I would be quite willing to trade bindings stones at your siggy price for a great sword , doesnt bother me one bit

Then why did you mention 22K price for a great sword just a short moment ago....or were you talking about a different item? You did not actually specify at that time. You made it sounds like that was what you thought we should sell the swords for. At least that is how I took it.

Post 227 by Conavar

Edited by nathanstenzel

Then why did you mention 22K price for a great sword just a short moment ago....or were you talking about a different item? You did not actually specify at that time. You made it sounds like that was what you thought we should sell the swords for. At least that is how I took it.

I didnt say should, I said if someone collected all the ings themselves they could sell for 22k and make a profit on great swords, which is true, now wether they do or not is totally down to the individual .

The 28-30k price for a great sword doesnt bother me ( I dont put a price on fun) I just wanted to know the logic , which people have since pointed out. now wether I think that logic is sound or not is beside the point and not worth argueing about

Edit: and the post you quoted are questions..not statements ? <<<<

Edited by conavar

I didnt say should, I said if someone collected all the ings themselves they could sell for 22k and make a profit on great swords, which is true, now wether they do or not is totally down to the individual .

The 28-30k price for a great sword doesnt bother me ( I dont put a price on fun) I just wanted to know the logic , which people have since pointed out. now wether I think that logic is sound or not is beside the point and not worth argueing about

Edit: and the post you quoted are questions..not statements ? <<<<

So honestly why dont manuers collect their own ings sell at 22k (and not lose sales) and make a 5k profit ?

Is the refusal to do this laziness or stupidity or both ? (or greed if ppl do collect their own ings and still want to sell for 28k).

Sounds like you are saying we are lazy and/or stupid to me. You didn't mention the "tired of being treated like a bunch of fools that are put in the game to make your stuff at a loss" option. Please excuse me if I listened to what you said and decided to not like it and even get a little pissed off by it.

Ah. Well, they could make the thing and sell it to someone for 22K, but it would be silly since Trik will pay more for the steel longs than they would get from making a sword and the npcs would surely pay more for the raw ingredients than they would get from the steel longs.

You have made some good observations along the way, but some of the stuff is confusing and makes it sound like you are in favor of keeping the situation the way it is.

Sorry for the confusion, but....well, you are confusing. What is worse is, the fact that some of this confuses you is confusing.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Dont get me wrong, Im 100% in favour of you making a profit, but I think that would be better gained by making a stand against the Ing prices rather than upping the end price.

Same end result just differant views how to do it I suppose and imo doing it the manuers way will in the long run just result in the sword price being more than what the NPC sells for

Edited by conavar

Dont get me wrong, Im 100% in favour of you making a profit, but I think that would be better gained by making a stand against the Ing prices rather than upping the end price.

Same end result just differant views how to do it I suppose

Ok. :) Sell us discount rare ingreds please. :D Or maybe help change iron ore prices back to 3gc so the harvesters get to complain again. :P

It takes 2200 iron ore to make the steel longs, so that would chop 1100gc from the price.

Edited by nathanstenzel

Same end result? The harvers getting shafted instead of you?

Saving 1/2 a gc per ore is nothing compared to the markdown the end users get which is the point of this thread.

Same end result? The harvers getting shafted instead of you?

Saving 1/2 a gc per ore is nothing compared to the markdown the end users get which is the point of this thread.

I thought the point of this thread was that manuers made a big loss on items ? That loss afaik is coming from higher ing items (specially rares) to what they used to be.

I can only speak for myself but I would be happy if they got some profit from both ways.. lower Ing prices and increased end item cost , if they managed to get ings prices down and still charged 25-26k for a sword (if that gave them a profit) I would be more than happy to pay that

HIt the harvers/alchers/manufacturers, fighters shouldnt be affected by other professions laziness :)

So everyone should make money apart from fighters ? who have already been affected by lower drop rates (both gc and items), increased essies cost etc etc. and im talking the average fighter here not myself who makes his gc in other ways or those few who serp yeti's for gc

Btw RTFP I said i was more than happy to reach a middle ground of paying more :P

Irony - u know that term? :P

Im not asking u to pay more :) Just dont be lazy, harv your own ings, and bring them to manufacturer to mix. I (and many others) will do it for free. You will earn free sword, ill earn exp, its only little bit of work. Simple as that, isnt it? Ill be more than pleased if ppl will do so (can u see? im getting no profit at all here)

Im not asking u to pay more :D Just dont be lazy,

I am lazy :P but unlike some im big enough to admit it :)

but meh if you dont want lower Ing prices then good luck when the cost reaches the NPc price :(

lol, this thread is totally wrecked now :P

i think conavar has a good point with the 'fun' aspect.

you can of course do everything you like in this game, but you just cant expect that everything you like and choose to do has the same profit ratio.

for example the wishes of nathan, that he doesnt want to be an underpaid harvester, but make profits from buying all ings and only add his manu skill and then sell at profit - thats probably not going to bring the same profit (if at all) as other strategies.

not alot more to say if you ask me.

well and of course i respect Holar and Pillgrim and other high level manufacturers for their decisions, but they will just play a less important role in the future market with this attitude imho.

regards