Eternal Lands Official Forums
Holar

Manufacturing strike!

Maybe Radu will cap the number of rare stones that some one can keep in their sto. Prob the only way to force hoarders to sell them. ;)

Maybe Radu will cap the number of rare stones that some one can keep in their sto. Prob the only way to force hoarders to sell them. :)

And where do you suggest the stones that are already hoarded go?

What about some ebul brick masons. We like hoarding ;)

Maybe Radu will cap the number of rare stones that some one can keep in their sto. Prob the only way to force hoarders to sell them. ;)

Would only work if you gave players a set time limit to remove the excess from their storage, some players might have paid $ from the shop for some items such as bindings for their own personal use (they have never entered the market so dont affect the price) so you cannot just remove them.

oh and cap how many a bot can hold or stop them trading in rare stones all together ,will stop player A buying cheap stones on one bot and then placing them on his/her own at an increased price :)

<CLIP>

Lightlan is absolutely correct in that, manuers are the ones who are to blame, noone else. In every skill you pay for exp (or rare products), we covered that extensively in all the long economy threads.

<CLIP>

It is called a market for a reason. If someone posts a BS price and others believe that price, the person posting the BS and the people that believe the person are to blame as well as the manufacturers that sell under ingredient price.

but simple truth is end product prices need re thinking due to ing costs these days

It's other way around - if a manuer thinks that a cost of ingredients will be higher than a price he can get for the final product, he should:

- refuse to pay that much for ingreds

- gather all or part of them personally to lower the cost

- if the above are not possible, stop making such product

No chance to win when supply is higher than demand. No chance to sell for a good price when demand for ingredients is higher than demand for final product.

Manuers should rethink what and how many they produce rather than force the market to absorb whatever they make at any price they ask.

The price of any item will raise only when there will be a shortage of such item on the market. There is no way around it. Saying "look, I have paid dearly for ings, made plenty, now you pay dearly for my products" is leading to nowhere, just my 2 cents.

I disagree with "gather all or part of them personally to lower the cost" because that would make them an underpaid harvester and not a manufacturer. Screw that idea. It is better to use some teamwork to increase the efficiency of making the ingredients. During that teamwork, don't forget to consider the effort of every single person doing it including yourself and pay them and yourself accordingly. FE prices should not be considered less than 3.33gc each for ingredient prices. I do not wish to give out how much by bars actually cost me. ;)

Flexibility is more important. Taking items as well as gc is a great way to ask more and get it. If you are selling steel plate and they have steel greaves, you can calculate the cost to produce each one and have them make up the difference in gc and ingredients. If you explain your logic to them, they should have nothing to complain about. If they do, flip them the bird or just wait an hour or so and they may come back.

Edited by nathanstenzel

one more thing about rares - when u harvest, u can find stones, including 400kgc worth nexus ones. Does that mean that u should sell ores cheaper? Or give your 100k iron ores for free cause u've found one? If someone has made 3 EFEs in 10k FEs, would he sell them @1gc each. He wont be at loss then, EFEs will pay for it, right?

Btw price on Luxe ive set are STILL a LOSS, just not as big as they were. Its 1-5kgc per item now.

one more thing about rares - when u harvest, u can find stones, including 400kgc worth nexus ones. Does that mean that u should sell ores cheaper? Or give your 100k iron ores for free cause u've found one? If someone has made 3 EFEs in 10k FEs, would he sell them @1gc each. He wont be at loss then, EFEs will pay for it, right?

That's not the same thing. You harvest iron to sell or use them, you don't harvest iron to get a nexus stone (then you could easily harvest flowers, same chance on nexus stone).

That's not the same thing. You harvest iron to sell or use them, you don't harvest iron to get a nexus stone (then you could easily harvest flowers, same chance on nexus stone).

I believe he was making a comparison of harvesting events vs manufacturing events. Regardless of the reason for making the great swords and weapons, I agree that it is a valid comparison. I also believe that he was being SARCASTIC. The answer of all of those questions is an obvious NO. Same sort of questions and the same NO answer for manufacturers.

Pillgrim, let me know if I read your post wrong.

Edited by nathanstenzel

@Pillgrim: ah, cmon, i am now harvest level 68 and found 1 nexus stone so far and maybe some minor attribute stones. If i calculate that, i could sell Quatz for 1.998 instead of 2 gc each. As we have learned the chance to make rare sword is of the order of ~1/200 , pls dont compare this ;-)

@Normtide: the reason why you cant lower most ings prices is not greed, but demand. Iron ore wont be sold for 1.5 gc anytime soon, cause everyone needs it. And additionally there are some cornerstones (like NPC buying prices, availability, drops...) that combine into a price like 3-3.5 for iron ore currently.

@nathanstenzel: i dont think that fantasy price announcements are really capable of influencing the market price. The mentioned problem is a manuers problem and manuers try to make it to a problem of all players.

See the crafting people, they surely would like to have better prices for tele rings so that they come away from polishing sapphires, but thats not a problem to be solved by ppl that are not crafting, so i'd think everyone is responsible to come along with the choices he/she makes in game.

regards

Edited by Gilrain

I dont expect anyone to sell FEs/ores/whatever cheaper, just because they MAY HAVE LUCK to get something rare from it. Would be funny to even ask for it. Seems its not funny only in manufacturers case, cause they are ebul rich, and rip off other ppl.

Gilrain: ive never made Sunbreaker of Destruction, Emerald Claymore of Life & Mana, Titanium helm of Life, Steel helm of mana and iirc Titanium plate of Freezing. And had 1 JSOC in about 1k jaggeds. want me to calculate prices for those items? sure:

sunbreaker/claymore/jagged: 2x wolfram bar - 10,5-11k each, 1 binding stone - 7,5-8k , and some minor stuff worth about 100-500gc. total 28,5-30,5kgc

titanium plate: 5 hydrobars- 10,5k ea, 4 efes -7,5-8k ea, 30 titanium bars 38-45 ea. Total 83,5-86-5k

FYI titanium plate price was 72-75k MAX. Got about 300-350 made.

one more thing: noone takes fails/saving stones into consideration? or i just didnt notice.

Edited by Pillgrim

Wow so much said in all the post above. I agree something needs to be done. Its a shame to not be able to make even a small profit.

Now with my 2 cents. ONE simple NPC could correct this. A NPC that sells all the enriched essences. The same ones that are sold from the shop. Now that EFEs seem to be the main ingred to just about everything that is made on game a npc that sells EFEs that are not over priced but at a reasonable and affordable price would level the economy.

-Take enriched essences out of shop put on NPC.

-Take all removal stones out of game and put in shop. = People who buy pp or change there build around could now spend money to replace what would be lost from the sell of essences.

Just my 2 cents. BUT im wrong 98% of the time. Its the other 2% i pride myself on.

Wow so much said in all the post above. I agree something needs to be done. Its a shame to not be able to make even a small profit.

Now with my 2 cents. ONE simple NPC could correct this. A NPC that sells all the enriched essences. The same ones that are sold from the shop. Now that EFEs seem to be the main ingred to just about everything that is made on game a npc that sells EFEs that are not over priced but at a reasonable and affordable price would level the economy.

-Take enriched essences out of shop put on NPC.

-Take all removal stones out of game and put in shop. = People who buy pp or change there build around could now spend money to replace what would be lost from the sell of essences.

Just my 2 cents. BUT im wrong 98% of the time. Its the other 2% i pride myself on.

Removal stones in shop would be too easy to abuse, efe etc should remain in shop in my opinion. If the npc's buy price was raised to 25k from the current (19k or 20k not sure) this may help set the base price for these swords so that manuers can either sell to npc if they mass manufature them, or sell to players for a bit higher player X can pay 26k or I just sell to npc

It wouldn't be bad to have an npc ingame that sells enriched essences. It would get gc out of the economy and prices would be more stable (nothing as bad as high price fluctuations in an economy).

It wouldn't be bad to have an npc ingame that sells enriched essences. It would get gc out of the economy and prices would be more stable (nothing as bad as high price fluctuations in an economy).

This is true, though I wonder about the games real life income.

Very few of us have any idea to suggest things like this without knowing the facts about the real dollars that are needed for those that make a living from this game.

Shop items are a very important part of the game. That is absolutly true.

There are other ways to get gc's out of the game I am sure

Hi

I know that I'm breaking flow of discussion a little bit, but what you think about recipes similar to following:

10 FE + 1 Iron Sword = 3 Iron Bars

10 FE + 1 Iron Greave = 1 Steel Bar

etc.

What You think? Could it help economy and the situation of manufacturers or not?

No, but would just feed the gold farmers and we cut our sales by maybe 1/3. I don't think there will be much difference for the average player.

If the npc's buy price was raised to 25k from the current (19k or 20k not sure) this may help set the base price for these swords so that manuers can either sell to npc if they mass manufature them, or sell to players for a bit higher player X can pay 26k or I just sell to npc

And if the Ings price fall , im sure manuers will ask Radu to reduce the npc buy price :P , then you have the buyers over a barrel.. even if a sword cost 15k to make you will point to npc and say 26k like it or lump it .

Bad idea to raise any NPC prices just because the players pay over the odds for their ings imo (and thats not just manu items)

If the npc's buy price was raised to 25k from the current (19k or 20k not sure) this may help set the base price for these swords so that manuers can either sell to npc if they mass manufature them, or sell to players for a bit higher player X can pay 26k or I just sell to npc

And if the Ings price fall , im sure manuers will ask Radu to reduce the npc buy price :P , then you have the buyers over a barrel.. even if a sword cost 15k to make you will point to npc and say 26k like it or lump it .

Bad idea to raise any NPC prices just because the players pay over the odds for their ings imo (and thats not just manu items)

Could be

Personaly I think we are all talking out of our ass about a solution, none of us has the data that radu has about the items that come in / out of game. Untill a solution is found, I am supporting the manuers by offering a closer to cost price for popular great swrods, and selling them accordingly.

Personaly I think we are all talking out of our ass about a solution, none of us has the data that radu has about the items that come in / out of game. Untill a solution is found, I am supporting the manuers by offering a closer to cost price for popular great swrods, and selling them accordingly.

Maybe lol.

I dont believe anyhere thinks manuers shouldnt make a profit, its just basically 2 differant views of how to go about it.

One side is to increase the end price and the other side thinks it should be done by forcing down the Ings price... everyone wants the same end goal

I'm in teh 3d category Con, one who believes people should spend some fricken GC instead of amassing huge mounds of it theyll never get around to spending.

WOW, every lots of opinions.

Well I am personally for this! And I support it 100%

That said, at this point I don't manu. I just save up the ing's and ask someone nicely to make me something. Which doesn't always make sense. I could sell the ing's for more then the sword/greaves/whatever costs me. But I don't. Mostly because I like to give freinds xp, I hope they get a rare and its too much trouble. Plus, I would NEVER sell a wolfram bar below cost. Its not worth it. So while its my fav thing to harvest, I just stock it for myself. I don't even sell to freinds as they won't pay $$ equal to the cost. (ie, serpant stone)

This is long overdue. And I agree. Part of the problems are:

-Base cost of ing's have increased.

-The worth of gold as decreased. ie, there is more gold as well as more people.

-Rare ing's are considered rare'er. Thus priced as worth more

-Some items are saturating the market.

-People want to have gc immedeatly and are willing to accept less gc in exchange.

-EVERYONE wants a bargin and freaks when they don't get it

-The game revolves around fighters/pk'ers

I don't have a problem with some prices rising, iron is long overdue to rise. Silver on the other hand (off topicish) is still as easy to get, and is still 2emu, so I don't see a need for it to rise.

Crafting in its own way also has this problem. I craft, not manu. But I make more gc from hydro bars then rings. I refuse to do c1 rings because I loose gc. If I did the math out I would probubly loose gc from most c2 rings, if not all (which is why I refuse to do the math out).

Yes, I think there should be a base price for base ing's. Something EVERYONE can agree on. YES, some people will be greedy and buy for less, some will sell for less. But if we can consensous on prices for base ing's, hopefully the others can somewhat stabalize and lower.

BTW: After radu's comments, I am certainly considering having me small hoard of enriched essies and special stones turned into items......... Be very afraid.....

Was just wondering, (pls correct me if i'm wrong) wasn't it the manu-ers themselves who drove the prices up when they were trying very hard to buy ings - EFEs, bars and stuff? (which caused the increase in cost for manu-ing armors/weapons) It was probably the manu-ers themselves who decided to sell the finished products at that 'usual' prices anyway and now that the general population of EL is used to the hiked prices of ings, and 'usual priced' products, the manu-ers are going on a 'strike' (because of it)?

Somehow, the 'strike' doesn't make sense to me. :confused:

Edited by eadricng

Maybe Radu will cap the number of rare stones that some one can keep in their sto. Prob the only way to force hoarders to sell them. :confused:

Would only work if you gave players a set time limit to remove the excess from their storage, some players might have paid $ from the shop for some items such as bindings for their own personal use (they have never entered the market so dont affect the price) so you cannot just remove them.

Nah, just make it so if a person has over the set limit, they (obviously) wont be able to add more until they remove enough from their storage to be under the limit.

And I just checked Pepa..

[PM from Pepa: [.267|........1|Jagged saber.................|...29900.00]

LOL - Good luck.

Yes, I will need a luck to sell a piece, but I will keep it until it is accepted or until ingreds price change. That is what I say. I do not care if I sell none. I can use 8-10kgc waste on every sword better way. Im sure.

And to be completely sure, I do not await others will massively follow me, it never happen, I am not so stupid. I just made my own decision and informed about it. And as visible from amount of replies, there is at least topic to talk about.

Have a nice game!

If I can sell an emerald claymore for 32K worth of gc and other stuff, I don't see why you can't sell a jagged saber for that price. And yes, folk, I really did do this. It is called barter.....as in accepting items for other items. If you play EL with just straight gc on the bargaining table, you need to wake up and smell the coffee.

Personally, I would add another 1K or 2K to the price there, Holar. If people complain, just flip them the bird.

Edited by nathanstenzel