Eternal Lands Official Forums
Holar

Manufacturing strike!

Consider this as a declaration, that I will no longer sell manufacture goods under the price of only two thirds of the price of the ingredients.

I am not crazy, but to make great swords for the price around 22kgc (consisting of 2xWFbar and binding - value over of 30kgc) makes no sense anymore. In fact, it never did. So even if I make a rare sword it does compensate as few as only about 40 regular swords, while the chance of make rare one it is of course significantly less probable (of course I am wearing Articape all the time I make them).

And many other examples like steel greaves for 20-22kgc with 2xhydrobar and EFE inside. By my experience, the rare items are so rare (and it is good to be that way!) that it could not even balance producers turnover. I am sure I lose a money on it. The experience output is not so high to feel compensated even this way. For a player who would not like to invest real USD or Euro in EL shop it is becoming harder and harder to ensure sufficient amount of ingreds and not ruin his Portland bank account by paying binding and EFEs 8kgc each.

Declaration:

Me Holar, manufacturing rank 1, will stop deliver goods, which are significantly under their ingredients price. So please consider my bot PEPA not as an extortionist but as a way how to try to get proper prices for proper goods. I implore on other producers to join the cause if they are also unsatisfied and do not wish to support this distorted policy any longer.

By the way if you want me to mix for you any manu items from your own ingredients, feel free to ask for convenient conditions. This service is available including using my own saving stone...

Note:

If you do not give a damn about this, but still want CotM or SPoH, look on auction here.

Edited by Holar

Seems the EL economy is in a recession aswell.

There's 180! bots online nowadays, yet it's difficult getting even the simpelest things like essences (energy, health, air) and armours.

Just last week there was no CoL to be found ingame...

I remember about a year ago i never had any trouble finding supplies, many K's of essence on various bots. Same with armours and other stuff.

Prices have gone up tp incredible levels: rostogol 20k+, serp stone 5k+, EFE 7.5k+, binding 8-9K...

Another reason for armour being sold cheap is another trend that's been happening lately:

Bots buying degraded armour for low prices, then their owners trying to repare it and upon succes sell it cheap again.

There's 180! bots online nowadays, yet it's difficult getting even the simpelest things like essences (energy, health, air) and armours.

I remember about a year ago i never had any trouble finding supplies, many K's of essence on various bots. Same with armours and other stuff.

Prices have gone up tp incredible levels: rostogol 20k+, serp stone 5k+, EFE 7.5k+, binding 8-9K...

Another reason for armour being sold cheap is another trend that's been happening lately:

Bots buying degraded armour for low prices, then their owners trying to repare it and upon succes sell it cheap again.

Binding stones seem to have been reduced in the amount coming into teh game imo, I've actually harved more ros than binding lately (when i used to mine more binding than ros last year) so am guessing theres been a tweak there to the harvesting rates.

As for bots buying degraded so owners can repair/profit...well thats just bot owners for ya...pesky profit making scumbags....no wait..players first came up with that idea! But yeah, bot owners are still profit making scumbags. We should pk the lot of em.

Binding stones seem to have been reduced in the amount coming into teh game imo, I've actually harved more ros than binding lately (when i used to mine more binding than ros last year) so am guessing theres been a tweak there to the harvesting rates.

As for bots buying degraded so owners can repair/profit...well thats just bot owners for ya...pesky profit making scumbags....no wait..players first came up with that idea! But yeah, bot owners are still profit making scumbags. We should pk the lot of em.

Oo Pye harsh words

I am fully in favor of supporting the manufatures on this.. If you guys can agree on more reasonable prices, I will reflect these changes on my ebul profit hungry bots

Fair Hours! Fair Pay!

Maybe we need an EL union :P

Gratz for making a stand, if people don't want to pay gc they can just wait, and work on their own levels and do all the work and exp for themselves. If you want the easy way, pay the gc!

Fair Hours! Fair Pay!

*I am not your slave*

It's weird imo that the market changes so rapidly in EL.. Afterall, the inflation of gold coins isnt that big?

Anyways, I support this.. Sadly, there is no way a regular player can beat the 180 consumeristbots.

It's weird imo that the market changes so rapidly in EL.. Afterall, the inflation of gold coins isnt that big?

Anyways, I support this.. Sadly, there is no way a regular player can beat the 180 consumeristbots.

In show of my support for manuers, I have adjusted buy/sell prices to reflect cost of ingreds

I hope other ebul bot owners are willing to adjust also to show support also

Edit: As a show of good faith adusting my buy/sell prices. I would ask the manuers in game do the same and not mass manu great swords just to sell to me at priemum price.. As I am trying to help the manufatures in game get a fair shake.

Wizz

Edited by Wizzy

Don't forget that a year ago KF was not a no drop map too :P

Now that KF is a non-dropping map there has been a ton more PKing than ever before I think. Why would anyone want too sell their goods if they are dumping tons of essences, armors and potions into their PKing?

I have not been selling essences lately.

As long as people pay less than cost of ings do they stay in my storage.

(I have lots) :P

As for the bots - I think the reason they don't have essences in stock is, that many of them are personal.

I remember most of the first bots were guildbots and the guild were making projects to keep the bots stocked up.

Not harsh at all Wizzy, I own a bot, and happy to be pked on her behalf.

Thing is, about adjusting prices on our bots to help support this is...it isnt the undercutting of player/manuers that is gonna affect whether this will work or phail. Just upping bot selling prices doesnt cut it, thats only half measures.

If we REALLY want to show support, bot owners would in fact set the BUY price to current market value to BUY the undercutters out. With zero stocks left, theyll disappear before long, and leave all available items on our bots. THATS when our selling prices will count and the support will REALLY show itself as true value to this campaign.

Thing is, is there going to be enough support from enough bot owners to do this? or are there just gonna be some brave souls that attempt it and find theyre loaded with 50 jagged sabers that wont sell for 30kgc because all the other bot owners are keeping the prices at 20k still?

I'm in if theres enough bot owners, but it needs serious commitment to even begin this kind of endevour.

One other thing (hence this edit) that springs to mind...be prepared for some nasty little forum-posting sods who decide to shout that we're suddenly ebul profit making bot owners that deserve pking because they suddenly cant afford the stoof they been saving up for (and this time it WILL be said seriously). It's bound to happen, someone wont like that we're "pricefixing" the economy. Speaking personally: Face? Bovverd.

Edited by Pyewacket

Not harsh at all Wizzy, I own a bot, and happy to be pked on her behalf.

Thing is, about adjusting prices on our bots to help support this is...it isnt the undercutting of player/manuers that is gonna affect whether this will work or phail. Just upping bot selling prices doesnt cut it, thats only half measures.

If we REALLY want to show support, bot owners would in fact set the BUY price to current market value to BUY the undercutters out. With zero stocks left, theyll disappear before long, and leave all available items on our bots. THATS when our selling prices will count and the support will REALLY show itself as true value to this campaign.

Thing is, is there going to be enough support from enough bot owners to do this? or are there just gonna be some brave souls that attempt it and find theyre loaded with 50 jagged sabers that wont sell for 30kgc because all the other bot owners are keeping the prices at 20k still?

I'm in if theres enough bot owners, but it needs serious commitment to even begin this kind of endevour.

One other thing (hence this edit) that springs to mind...be prepared for some nasty little forum-posting sods who decide to shout that we're suddenly ebul profit making bot owners that deserve pking because they suddenly cant afford the stoof they been saving up for (and this time it WILL be said seriously). It's bound to happen, someone wont like that we're "pricefixing" the economy. Speaking personally: Face? Bovverd.

Have you even checked my bots buy prices m8?

I said I am showing support above, which is why my buy prices reflect that :whistle:

Yes, I am well aware that I could end up with 20 jagged sabers and human nexus 5. That is why I posted saying to the manuers, if you really want support to get price up to at least the cost of ingreds, then it will take some comitment.

As far as people wanting to pk me, just about everyone likes to pk me anyhow, thats fine with me, it is a game afterall. And do you not think the economy is already price fixed? We have npc that are doing that already.

100% Agreed.

The point of it may not be making HUGE PROFIT, but to prevent HUGE LOSS. I think manufacturers would be satistified to get even as little as 200-500gc/sword, but at least SOMETHING!

if manuers want profit they should stop making hundreds(and thousands?) of swords for hope of the rare one.

they should make them on demand.

as it is now there are quite a few who mix and mix and mix and do not care a single bit if their jagged saber won't get a good price. they hope for the jsoc.

as long as this massproduction does not stop, there is nothing any botowner can do.

I am with you lot :whistle:

The essence of this game is tiered - the harvesters supply the mixers, the mixers supply the clients.

Prices have been getting silly lately with things like HE selling at 6, I have saw ads for less than that which is truly ridiculous.

I am all in favour of upping the prices.

We do all the work and the players that have fun all day fighting are getting their fun at rock bottom prices.

Let the "omg you are killing the economy" posts commence.

if manuers want profit they should stop making hundreds(and thousands?) of swords for hope of the rare one.

as it is now there are quite a few who mix and mix and mix and do not care a single bit if their jagged saber won't get a good price. they hope for the jsoc.

as long as this massproduction does not stop, there is nothing any botowner can do.

Absolutely Light lan

I never said that I was going to corner the Jagged saber market.

The owness is up to the manufatures. I am just letting my support known and hope manufatures take the lead on this. The ball is completely in there court. They can try to work together or not, completely up to them.

Sorry light

I'm with the manuers on this

a lot of time and effort goes into getting ingreds to make higher level swords/armours

Its just not worth doing manu atm

Sorry light

I'm with the manuers on this

a lot of time and effort goes into getting ingreds to make higher level swords/armours

Its just not worth doing manu atm

I am not saying they shouldn't be getting good prices.

I just say it is up to them if they will get them.

as long as the "massproducers" continue, they won't get them.

Maybe it's just me, and lack of coffee... But...

Can't you just buy up all the stuff the undercutters are selling and then resell it for a better price later after they run out? If they're truely undercutting they won't be able to keep it up forever at a loss.. If they can afford to do it forever some how, then maybe they're not really undercutting?

I personally see it as wholesale vs. retail (in a way...) What you're calling undercutters, I see as wholesalers, they have LOTS want to get rid of so they can make LOTS more. Retailers buy it up and sell at retail price (profit) when they can :whistle:

I'm not sure you can blame bots at all, they're just an extension of the ebul user behind them, aren't they? :D

Just my 2gc

I wish the mixers the best of luck figuring a way so that you can price your wares for at least ingreds cost (and still make sales).

Maybe it's just me, and lack of coffee... But...

Can't you just buy up all the stuff the undercutters are selling and then resell it for a better price later after they run out? If they're truely undercutting they won't be able to keep it up forever at a loss.. If they can afford to do it forever some how, then maybe they're not really undercutting?

I personally see it as wholesale vs. retail (in a way...) What you're calling undercutters, I see as wholesalers, they have LOTS want to get rid of so they can make LOTS more. Retailers buy it up and sell at retail price (profit) when they can :whistle:

I'm not sure you can blame bots at all, they're just an extension of the ebul user behind them, aren't they? :D

Just my 2gc

That's basically the essence of what bot owners supporting this is about, we're in a prime position to do just that, but it needs more than just one or two trying it, the sheer numbers of manued items to be bought out there before it becomes "effective" is just too large an investment for a single player or even two.

@ Khalai The point of it may not be making HUGE PROFIT, but to prevent HUGE LOSS. I think manufacturers would be satistified to get even as little as 200-500gc/sword, but at least SOMETHING! I totally agree and think they'd like to get substantially more as well, but unless they stop selling for less than ings-value, we're screwed. I know one person can influence market as much as 100 though, having said that, I've been buying ELE for 5k and i think theyre going to rise because of that (or at least I contributed in a big enough way to help it rise) and also Labby on silver ore is teh stuff of legends to come, I dont doubt.

But theres just too damn many manu items we would need to acquire before real impact is seen and thats more gold than even labrat can part with, even if he converted all his sto to gc.

Declaration:

Me Holar, manufacturing rank 1, will stop deliver goods, which are significantly under their ingredients price

pathetic and ridiculous. Go ahead with offering for higher prices, noone forced you to undercut during your whole manuer life you lead up to know, when you are #1.

Lightlan is absolutely correct in that, manuers are the ones who are to blame, noone else. In every skill you pay for exp (or rare products), we covered that extensively in all the long economy threads.

I am nearly sure, that most prices will go up a bit, but the reason for that is, that many many players have a huge amounts of gc in sto. That is also the reason for the fact that people can afford the luxury to not sell their essences, they just dont need the money from them now.

I wish you good luck with your attempt to dominate the market, LMFAO.

Gilrain

PS: i have no problem to pay fair prices, but when someone offers cheaper, i'll buy from him.

I do agree completely. My comment is just, that afaik It is not profitable any more. I sold my first rare sword about a 750kgc. With a price of ingreds around 23kgc. Now the ingreds are over 30kgc and much more hard to get/buy. So lost on each sword is at least 8kgc. If we sell rare sword for 350kgc now you have to make each 1 of 43 rare just to make zero profit. I use arti cape and mix on special days, but im sure im unable to get such a nice result. My counter shows 1 cutty of the mage from 178 cuttiess....

So producers should really change their point of view and produce just market demands. Or do you harvest all the day, throw off the items just waiting for nexus removal? And in harvest you invest just a time...

And I do not talk just about the swords. Why to sell steel greaves for 20kgc. 2x hydrogenium bar and 1x efe makes about 29kgc as well. I do not talk about drop items sellers, but manufactures should (not cooperate and make a fix price deals, kartels or what ever) they should just think a bit.

I am not an economist, I just say what I feel.

Lightlan is absolutely correct in that, manuers are the ones who are to blame, noone else. In every skill you pay for exp (or rare products), we covered that extensively in all the long economy threads.

You have no idea, really. Basicly, you are saying, that 1000xp points for great sword (grossly approximated) is worth 8kgc a loss? Hell, you can make 20 leather helms for more xp and with loss of a 100gc. And the price of rare products DO NOT COVER EVEN PARTIALLY, the huge loss here.