Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shadow_runner

Perkless Perk

I did a search and found this: http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...amp;hl=perkless

Kind of the same idea, but my is a bit different.

Perkless Perk:

Restricted, you can not take this perk if you have any other perk. (Positive or Negative.)

Costs: 50,000 gc. (Stop new players from taking, before they really understand what it does when compared to other perks. Plus no easy pp boost for new players.)

Effect: When you take this perk, you can take no other perk.

Gives: 20 PP's.

Won't come close to happening. There's quite a few people who are perkless now (or after reset) with no intention of ever taking any perks who'd grab this as a huge amount of relatively free pp's. Hell, a stone or two and I'd be on it.

Too easy, and all those fighters for example with anti- and such would no longer be anti, with more pp's to boot with no negative effects.

Won't come close to happening. There's quite a few people who are perkless now (or after reset) with no intention of ever taking any perks who'd grab this as a huge amount of relatively free pp's. Hell, a stone or two and I'd be on it.

Too easy, and all those fighters for example with anti- and such would no longer be anti, with more pp's to boot with no negative effects.

Well I wouldn't say no negative effects. Perhaps 20 pp's is too much. But I was trying to find a middle number. Between the negative perks, where you can have more than 20pp's in negative perks. (That don't really 'hurt' you. Due to your style of play. Harvesters, mixers, etc...)

I suppose the negative aspect I am pointing to is: You can't take any positive perks with this either. Once you have it.

Hmm, that means also no advantages coming from positive perks.

Very interesting idea, the cost and the number of pp's could be adjusted, overall worth considering imo.

Offtopic:

BOYCOTT all services of anyone selling silver ore for more than 2gc. Click for WHY.

Care to discuss on forums ? Would be interesting lol

I quite like the idea but I think it does need to adjusted a bit.

If it was 20 PPs I would instantly reset to get it, as would many others. To have 20 PPs in neg perks will always seriously affect your character massively, whereas only have this perkless perk wouldn't. Most people don't use positive perks as they are now anyway.

About 14-16 PP's would be more interesting IMO.

iNTERESTING iDEA

14-16 I can agree that is about the same as the painless negs out there

But no posatives that would be a hard choice if ya sit down and think about it

Guess we need to think on this one

Defintely a NO. It's just like having Hellspawn and Anti, but with no negative effects. Am I the only one, who finds this just another way to get free PP?

Am I the only one, who finds this just another way to get free PP?
Seems that way to me too.

If implemented it should NOT be removed by reset (like skeptic) so once you take it, you've got it FOREVER. And if you do reset, wave bye-bye to the 20 "free" PPs since it's not removed you can't take it again.

Am I the only one, who finds this just another way to get free PP?
Seems that way to me too.

If implemented it should NOT be removed by reset (like skeptic) so once you take it, you've got it FOREVER. And if you do reset, wave bye-bye to the 20 "free" PPs since it's not removed you can't take it again.

Good Idea BKc

But what you guys are also missing it also limmits the # of pp through neg perks you can get and you get no posative perks

So if your NMT is broded o well your screwed no nmt perk or tinf perk

Actually, Radu mentioned on chan6 when discussing an NPC for removing perks, that skeptic *might* be removable there, but at a much higher cost than other perks.

So there's a possibility that skeptic won't be as "forever" as it currently appears.

As for this, honestly don't see it workable. There's MANY people who have no positive perks (myself included) and never want them, PP's better spent elsewhere. The only appeal this has is to those whom Khalai said, have anti/hellspawn for the PP's, this would be a way to have those PP's without any repurcussion. Positive perks (esp. now that TINF is apparently useless according to them) aren't really desired by those.

(Edit to emphasize "might", don't wanna start rumors that it's definitely happening or something.)

Edited by GoodDay2Die

This perk is way over-powered, even for 1 point. I've had several negged out builds, but this time around I'm perkless, and can't see myself taking any perks in the near future. I'd take this in a heartbeat, since it has no ill-effects.

For those of you that think this is for free PP's. That wasn't the idea and never was the intention. Those who don't see any ill effects are not understanding the power of some of the positive perks.

IE:

NMT (I took this once as I couldn't afford a NMT cape.)

There is no fork. (Not sure how useful that is for cost.)

I Eat dead people. (Kind of useful.)

Wilhelm Hood. (90% of rangers have this.)

All out with this perk.

I can understand the statements that some people find all the positive perks not that useful and would jump on the Perkless Perk to avoid any taking any negative perks. Perhaps with some tweaking this could prove more balanced.

Edited by Shadow_runner

I'm not a ranger.

I like PoF.

Don't plan on multi fighting for a while.

Cape is cheaper than perk.

This would be free PPs. But, by all means, add it ^^