Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Eugenia

Dvarium

Hi

I reading Dvarium Mining ..

but I read this message:

You started to research Dvarium Mining. ETA: 1333 minutes.

Researching book not yet known to the client. Don't worry, reading it will count!

I am afraid of doing something useless .. or not ?

Ty

Eugenia,

Researching book not yet known to the client. Don't worry, reading it will count!

Dvarium isn't harvestable yet, you are just getting the knowledge a bit early. It's a new book, and as that first line says, the client doesn't know it yet, but as soon as it does.. you will have that knowledge.

Not too hard, it seems?

Thank you!

Yes , I will wait the new client .. the Elves are good readers and patients are :P

Ty

Edited by Eugenia

Thank you!

Yes , I will wait the new client .. the Elves are good readers and patients are :)

Ty

I hope that it isn't only harvestable by dvarves then...

Scaf

I also hope not, and I really doubt it.

Eternal Lands has no fixed classes or professions, so you can always do new things and develop new skills without having to create a new character!

That's why I play :D

Dvarium swords and armor!

There should be a sword with added bonuses against dragon armors. :)

That would make dragon armours worth less (not worthless, note) and so increase chances of a build-up of scales ingame since less would be willing to use them or gc to buy them, wouldnt it? The whole point of dragon armours being high priced at present is because they ARE teh uber. Gotta think about how it "a"ffects teh game mechanics. Mind you, having said that, no doubt there are plans in teh works to which we are not yet made privvy (Privvy in this case used to denote a toilet/shithole/place of reclusive retreat in which to complete that sunday morning crossword - without being disturbed by an Ice dragon).

Cant wait to see what's coming though

The really interesting questions are:

1. When will we be allowed to harvest this wonderful new ore?
  2. What resource will mining it take?

Can't wait to sink my teeth... erm pickaxe into this :whistle: (where is the jumping up and down with impatience emote?)

Ent said something in chan 6 about using it to enhance weapons with radiation damage, and reducing the rad prot from drag armors... making these weps good for fighting people in drag armor... i for one cant wait :whistle:

Can't wait to sink my teeth... erm pickaxe into this :) (where is the jumping up and down with impatience emote?)

I heard Titanium Longswords will be used, but that's just what I heard.

Can't wait to sink my teeth... erm pickaxe into this :) (where is the jumping up and down with impatience emote?)

I heard Titanium Longswords will be used, but that's just what I heard.

Before introducing the books he did say he was considering using Titanium Short Swords.

Titanium Long Swords require: 1 Enriched Fire Essence, 6 Fire Essences, 8 Iron Bars, and 8 Titanium Bars, would make Dvarium ore cost almost as much as Hydrogenium Bar, I think that would be a bit to expensive.

(I know that the Longs cost under 1k now, but that would change)

i think ti longs should be used for something, but that thought might have something to do with the 46 in my sto :)

But unless the EFE is removed from them, the supply from drops would dry very fast and it would be very expensive to obtain a single one...

It won't dry that fast, there are like 25K+ swords in the game, so more than twice as the number of EFEs. When it dries up, I'll consider modifying the formula to give multiple swords per efe.

Please no move Dvarium in PK area

I like to harvest , but I do not like someone who is fun to kill unarmed PG ...

Dvarium is already placed, and can't move without a client update, so you're SOL.

There is Dvarium in two places that I'm aware of, one is in PK area of Thelinor, the other is in a secret place, quite a bit of walking and a few map-changes from a sto.

Dvarium is already placed, and can't move without a client update, so you're SOL.

Could you guys consider putting a rare ore on a dangerous non-pk map one of these times? Perhaps have it sitting near a dragon or arctic chim or other MM cape/perk ignoring monster?

I think it would be nice if the thing to kill you would not be a fellow player for a change. The players instead of fearing eachother could try to work together to ensure that they survice a dangerous journey through a dangerous monster's land. There could perhaps even be a storage half way through the journey so that you could resupply.

Entropy, I think it would be cool if the ti long sword recipe was adjusted and there was a sink for them. Even if there was no recipe adjustment, having a ti long sink would force the price up as people try to scramble for the swords. This will be an interesting thing to see happen.

luckily you can harvest whilst invis. A move for a rare ore on a dangerous non-pk map is an interesting idea. The area could also be highly toxic (no amount of spells/potions/armours can protect you from the damage) and there'd have to be a small confined area with a relative high concentration of the monster(s)

oh and there IS a sink for tit longs...and used used to summon armed orcs. I'm not really the summoning type to comment on it but I'm sure that you get more bang for your buck making summoning stones. I tend to agree on changing the recipe to remove the EFE though...

It would be interesting to see how many tit longs (and tit shorts) enter the game via manufacturing vs drops.

Edited by MagpieLee