Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Zenial

New Invasion Creature: 'BroDer'

Perhaps there is too much sugar in my coffee this morning... or maybe it's not sugar at all, none the less my evil intent does have it's upsides.

To the knowledge that there are too many dragon scales, the thought came to mind that a lot of them are coming from invasions. And of course... we can't exactly do less invasions, however we could add something new to this scale grabbing feast. Not to mention the invasion tokens and removal stones gained too.

I think a mid range destructive creature would go well in addition with white tigers, bears, lager spiders.

It would absorb the scales and pry the EFEs from those naughty horders.

I know this idea would make me disliked by many, but I think it would fix a few imbalances.

Soz Zen but i like my idea better :)

Good way to get drag scales out of the game:

Make Ti shield 'enhanceable' with 1 dragon scale:

Make them degrade back to normal Ti shield and have fairly high chance to degrade.

Enhanced Ti shield Black:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Black dragon scale

Stats

+9 Defense (as opposed to the usual 8)

+4 Magic prot (same as normal Ti shield)

+6 Magic Resistance

Enhanced Ti shield Red:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Red dragon scale

Stats

+6 Heat Protection

Enhanced Ti shield White:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Ice dragon scale

Stats

+6 Cold Protection

Black version will be desirable for people who PK in Drag armors.

Red version will be desirable for people who PK in Ti armors (Ice version would be too, but red will be significantly cheaper).

Ice version will be desirable for people who only have Red and/or Black drag armors, not Ice.

...and then just remove the pots that will never be used by anyone (maybe some uber rich, but tbh even they prolly wont use them :D )

EDIT: oh, and ofc whichever is cheapest will still be desirable for PvE'ers, for the extra def bonus. (red and black scales are very similar price now no? so PvE'ers will hopefully consume both).

Edited by Korrode

Soz Zen but i like my idea better :)

Good way to get drag scales out of the game:

Make Ti shield 'enhanceable' with 1 dragon scale:

Make them degrade back to normal Ti shield and have fairly high chance to degrade.

Enhanced Ti shield Black:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Black dragon scale

Stats

+6 Magic Resistance

Enhanced Ti shield Red:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Red dragon scale

Stats

+6 Heat Protection

Enhanced Ti shield White:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Ice dragon scale

Stats

+6 Cold Protection

Black version will be desirable for people who PK in Drag armors.

Red version will be desirable for people who PK in Ti armors (Ice version would be too, but red will be significantly cheaper).

Ice version will be desirable for people who only have Red and/or Black drag armors, not Ice.

...and then just remove the pots that will never be used by anyone (maybe some uber rich, but tbh even they prolly wont use them :D )

EDIT: oh, and ofc whichever is cheapest will still be desirable for PvE'ers, for the extra def bonus. (red and black scales are very similar price now no? so PvE'ers will hopefully consume both).

Nice idea!

Broder invasion creature: people would stay clear of invasions. Challenging one's self is one thing; to be in a multicombat map and suddenly find yourself surrounded by 20 brod'ing creatures, is another. Invasions are challenging, and also fun. I've broken my fair share of gear in the process of fun, just from random chance. There is WAY too much risk involved and blame to be thrown around if such a creature were to be added. Conspiracy theories would rise the first time someone lost so much as a uni med. Bad idea, imo.

As for the gratuitously added dragon shield idea: +6 heat protection would be a nearly free run for anyone harvesting hydrogenium ore. +6 cold protection means anyone can train in a cold map with steel plate armor, taking no cold penalty. The bonuses given by the various armors were not chosen randomly. Try thinking through these ideas, before proposing what seem to be arbitrarily chosen numbers (not to mention hijacking a thread).

Broder invasion creature: people would stay clear of invasions. Challenging one's self is one thing; to be in a multicombat map and suddenly find yourself surrounded by 20 brod'ing creatures, is another. Invasions are challenging, and also fun. I've broken my fair share of gear in the process of fun, just from random chance. There is WAY too much risk involved and blame to be thrown around if such a creature were to be added. Conspiracy theories would rise the first time someone lost so much as a uni med. Bad idea, imo.

Agreed.

As for the gratuitously added dragon shield idea: +6 heat protection would be a nearly free run for anyone harvesting hydrogenium ore. +6 cold protection means anyone can train in a cold map with steel plate armor, taking no cold penalty. The bonuses given by the various armors were not chosen randomly. Try thinking through these ideas, before proposing what seem to be arbitrarily chosen numbers (not to mention hijacking a thread).

Those are both minor annoyances imho: I never had problems completing an hydro run, and you can get away with the cold penality by mixing and matching different armor pieces, and/or using spells. Would love to see dragon shields in the game otoh, and you could always lower the cold/heat protection values if needed.

Rehdon

As for the gratuitously added dragon shield idea: +6 heat protection would be a nearly free run for anyone harvesting hydrogenium ore.

lol.

like the heat/cold/radon damages on that run are causing people such big grief now.

here advice for all:

on hydro runs, wear Ti cuisses & greaves with Steel plate torso.

You'll take no damage on the trip there and minimum damage in the cave.

oops guess i just ruined the danger eh?

+6 cold protection means anyone can train in a cold map with steel plate armor, taking no cold penalty. The bonuses given by the various armors were not chosen randomly. Try thinking through these ideas, before proposing what seem to be arbitrarily chosen numbers (not to mention hijacking a thread).

did u just glaze right over the bit where i said "degrade fairly easy", if a person is prepared to have their training often cost them a dragon scale, i think it's a fair enough compromise.

Not to mention a person can wear Ti greaves/cuisses with steel plate torso and get the same minimum armor bonus as full steel but no dmg from cold map.

There's nothing arbitrary about my numbers.

It really depends on how its implemented - if you think about large spiders, white tiges and the mana burning bears, their special attacks are completely negated when you cast magic immunity. A smart fighter will easily multi these critters then. If on the other hand, the OP of this thread wants it to bypass the MI, then we're in trouble...

The apparent problem of overflowing items ingame (like scales, tit shorts, black panther furs, etc etc etc etc) can easily be solved by having NPCs buy them at a competitive rates. "Negative" suggestions (i.e. ones that will cause you to lose your items due to something negative) like this will only cause more people to hoard them...unlike "Positive" suggestions (ones that use up the hoarded items to create other useful items without ripping off the maker, seller, buyer etc) will work much better. Thats why I like Korrodes idea - just tweak down the magic res/cold/heat a bit and its alright.

Anyway, getting back on topic. The problem is, players would be smart enough to withdraw from invasions or use lower gear. Then it will come down to the invasion holder shocking the high a/d people (the group which has a higher probability to be using dragon armous) who were fighting non-broding critters and then placing tonnes of broding critters around them...

Unless the suggested brodding critter drops something very special, I don't think its a good idea as it is (will need tweaking).

Yes, but do you know what the yetis and giants and dragons would do to all those cotu? :>

Also, the element protection of korr's shields isn't a big deal. Full RDA + fur cloak gives +8 heat and +6 cold anyway. Not to mention, even with augs, it still only comes out to a few restores a trip.

I forget the name of the creature, but there is an Advanced Dungeons and Dragons creature that has a chance of destroying your metal weapons and armor. I think it eats them.

When I noticed this thread said BroDer, I thought branch of destruction. When I looked into it, is seems you are talking more about a collector/thief. Many games have thieves and cut-throats and pirates. I suppose there is no reason why they could not invade maps with the invasion monsters.

Not if they have really good drops :)

Exactly,

If you implement a broder invasion creature, people will need to use lower stuff on them like tit long and steel chains etc, which wont make you able to tank the invasion monster and you will end up teaming up to kill that and share the drop,

I like the idea ;)

-Kaddy

It might work IF there were hard and solid rules about their use

Ie: no waiting till players are being multied by ogres,chims,trice etc then dropping these creatures on them (which happens now but to poof rosts not armour)

Ie: no waiting till players are being multied by ogres,chims,trice etc then dropping these creatures on them (which happens now but to poof rosts not armour)

That doesn't happen in my invasions, unless if you spawn camp, in which case, you are SOL.

That doesn't happen in my invasions, unless if you spawn camp, in which case, you are SOL.

Yes I know it doesnt happen in yours, but has been known to happen in other peoples

Its not a complaint btw, just Imo more ppl wouldnt mind this idea, if they knew the creatures wouldnt be randomly dumped on top of them

Edited by conavar

Its not a complaint btw, just Imo more ppl wouldnt mind this idea, if they knew the creatures wouldnt be randomly dumped on top of them

Do you mean it should be carefully chosen who the creatures should be dumped on top of? :P

^^^ Yeah ! I loved your RD dumped on my head once, seriously :( It was hilarious hehe ^^^

It actually WAS random :)

Edited by Ayumu