Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Jezebelle

Potions of Defence and Attack Reduce

Heh, tbh, I'd rather use scales for armours, not potions. Like the last voting... I remember there was an option "saving for future use".

I chose it, but not because I'm waiting for an interesting new formula on which i'd spend the scales/rare stones on, but because I'm waiting till my manu level will be hight enough to use stones/scales as armour ingredients on already existing items.

Looking this way... heh, they will have to wait for a really long time.

I'd be interested in making those pots (and using them) when, instead of scales (which is kinda rare item for me), there would be even 1k magic essies, fes, srs or whatever, because its easier to me to gather the ings and mix the essies, than to spend xxgc on scales/stones (if i'd be lucky enough to find someone who sell them), kill a dragon or find a rare stone.

I know, that isn't too good for economy, since I should buy the scales from fighters, then they would buy the pots for me and this should go in circle, making dependencies. But the thing is, if I have to decide, should I spend a scale on potions or a new dragon armour, then I'd definitely leave it for armour and keep it safe in my sto.

120 a/d reduce pots, compared to 1 red dragon torso seems worthless to me... a few pots, or uber good/fancy/cool armour.

Edited by BloodSucker

I don't mind so much the scale aspect...

High-level pot stuff at this point is primarily extracts->refvegmix/MoP(->creature food) which takes quite a long time to gather ings for just to make a handful.

A couple high-level pots where it's buy scale -> mix -> sell would be a nice change of pace from that, hehe. Even if not done regularly.

120 a/d reduce pots, compared to 1 red dragon torso seems worthless to me... a few pots, or uber good/fancy/cool armour.

Yeah, because the red dragon torso requires no other ingredients, right?

Nope, I won't change the way it works. Some people have a lot of GCs, so sooner or or later they will use them.

From my perspective, the only people who will see the benefits of this potion will be those who have huge amounts of gold, and so training will be made easier for them. For people like me (less money, not able to afford using this, i.e. I'd guess >90% of EL population) will never be able to use them.

When the monster stats where being changed as compensation for removing TS effect, was this also being thought of at the time?

I can understand that a lot of people are disappointed because they're comparing it to the old way of reducing a/d - which was overpowered. It would interest me to see how much extra experience can be made per a session by using these potions. I think the best players to test this would be recently x-feros trainers. Get some numbers, people! B) Why not test it myself? I'm n00b at a/d training.

I have level 87 potioning, and I'm delaying buying these 2 books (mainly because I don't pot much anymore) because I don't think I could make them reliably enough. Remember; messing with ~8kgc ingredients here (and that's when there are too many scales in game).

Ok, so we need to absorb some scales... I imagine this will take more new items than 2 pots. *leap of faith* Alternatively, making dragons harder to kill or making manufacturing easier to level (note: rank 1 manu = level 100, where as rank 1 a/d, harvest, summon, crafting, potion is all over level 100.) ...And it's always surprised me that summoning red dragon takes 0 scales. :pickaxe:

(note: rank 1 manu = level 100, where as rank 1 a/d, harvest, summon, crafting, potion is all over level 100.)

Thats cause no manuer are addicted as blodocks or fedora or ermabwed...

They could make swords at will to raise theyr levels... but it seems theres no reason for it...

What if instead of reducing every minute 1 a/d, why not raise this time or make it random loike 5% chance of derucing every minute or something like that...

This way ppl would have a better reason to buy it (since the training cost would reduce) and ppl would not pile up their scales.

Some people have a lot of GCs, so sooner or or later they will use them.

What? According to what you are stating i should try to sell a piece of paper at 10.000$ because there are few rich people on the world, and maybe someone bored of having such money will buy my stupid piece of paper.

To be serious, those potions ACTUALLY aren't convenient for potioner and aren't convenient for fighters, and the dragon scales are most convenient to be kept on storage than waste them on something that can't be sold. I can buy dragon scale to try mix some high-level armor, even just for manu XP, but i won't buy a joke potion for all those gc.

Anyway, the potions are ingame, we will see how they will be used, if they will have a use.

A suggestion, maybe it would be better to open a poll when you plan to add something, just to have a feedback before the thing comes ingame. :)

(note: rank 1 manu = level 100, where as rank 1 a/d, harvest, summon, crafting, potion is all over level 100.)

Thats cause no manuer are addicted as blodocks or fedora or ermabwed...

They could make swords at will to raise theyr levels... but it seems theres no reason for it...

That's no where near my point. I was referring to the quality and quantity of people who can make dragon armors... if there was a heaps of them, the price would drop, more people would have, cherish and break their dragon armors. And everyone likes armors!

And if people have a lot of GCs.... sooner or later they'll range :)

#EDIT: A fighter has to cover the cost of SRs, HEs, and armor damages - which requires 'farming' etc. because they don't make enough GC/hour training. With the goal being: get as much exp as possible! Spending an extra hour farming to pay off the pot, won't get them more exp than spending that hour training without their use.

Edited by Zenial

Well im pot maker and i train a/d a bit so i think i should post my opinion.

By Roleplay the pots should be a magical extract that should work for non magical ppl for a short period (very rare r the pots with permanent effect) so i think in that point the pots r fine.

On the other hand, speaking as a/d trainer i can say that train deppends constancy .. training with variable xp is just too bad. Gaining 1 pont each mnute forces ppl to dring 1 pot each minute to keep the rythim. That is VERY expensive. I think maybe this pot should work for 5 minuts and then u just loose the all the effect.

I actually dont like pots with acummulative effect ... IMO the pots should low 15 points on att or def and work for 5 minuts .. then u quaff another one and keep your train as u allways did.

About the cost .. i think the cost is fine .. is a very powerfull pot so it should require a very powerful ingredient as .. 1/12 dragon scale. if ppl will or not buy the pots well i think that ppl that pays 50 hyd bars plus a nexus removal stone to get 1 pickpoint wouldnt care to pay like 100 pots at 1kgc to train multiple feros or Desert chimeran and get 1 pickpoint plus the a/d raising ...

Good way to get drag scales out of the game:

Make Ti shield 'enhanceable' with 1 dragon scale:

Make them degrade back to normal Ti shield and have fairly high chance to degrade.

Enhanced Ti shield Black:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Black dragon scale

Stats

+9 Defense (as opposed to the usual 8)

+4 Magic prot (same as normal Ti shield)

+6 Magic Resistance

Enhanced Ti shield Red:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Red dragon scale

Stats

+6 Heat Protection

Enhanced Ti shield White:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Ice dragon scale

Stats

+6 Cold Protection

Black version will be desirable for people who PK in Drag armors.

Red version will be desirable for people who PK in Ti armors (Ice version would be too, but red will be significantly cheaper).

Ice version will be desirable for people who only have Red and/or Black drag armors, not Ice.

...and then just remove the pots that will never be used by anyone (maybe some uber rich, but tbh even they prolly wont use them :) )

EDIT: oh, and ofc whichever is cheapest will still be desirable for PvE'ers, for the extra def bonus. (red and black scales are very similar price now no? so PvE'ers will hopefully consume both).

Edited by Korrode

I don't plan to touch those pots for a while. If in a few months they will not be used, then I can just remove them.

The scales won't have any other uses for the time being. However, there will be some new weapons, enhanced versions of some of the current weapons, but they will need dvarium.

Yeah, because the red dragon torso requires no other ingredients, right?

Of course it does. That's why I save not only the scales.

Same thing with EFE, i'd rather keep it to use it in tit plate, than to spend it on alembic. Even if the plate used 4x more of em.

Nope, I won't change the way it works. Some people have a lot of GCs, so sooner or or later they will use them.

people with a lot of gc don't need thoses potions to train, it will just boost their xp maybe 2x more / hour if they make it right but the cost will be like more than 10k gc/hour essies + the potions to use + the broken armor + difficulty to find a spawn now that the chims have their stats easier to train on single spawn.

anyway, the pots are just some dragon scale sink, but if no one uses the potions sooner or later we will need a potion sink too because they will just stack ingame. The problem remains.

Of course it does. That's why I save not only the scales.

Same thing with EFE, i'd rather keep it to use it in tit plate, than to spend it on alembic. Even if the plate used 4x more of em.

Yes, but you were comparing the armor directly with the potions, so your math was wrong.

people with a lot of gc don't need thoses potions to train, it will just boost their xp maybe 2x more / hour if they make it right but the cost will be like more than 10k gc/hour essies + the potions to use + the broken armor + difficulty to find a spawn now that the chims have their stats easier to train on single spawn.

anyway, the pots are just some dragon scale sink, but if no one uses the potions sooner or later we will need a potion sink too because they will just stack ingame. The problem remains.

Thre is no need for such a sink, if players don't use hem, the potioners won't make them, yes?

Thre is no need for such a sink, if players don't use hem, the potioners won't make them, yes?

People don't buy/use scales, peolpe still kill dragons ^^ (thats why there is 700+ scales ingame :))

anyway i know only 1 person planning to buy some potions maybe he will buy all :D he will make nice xp then everybody will copy and it won't work anymore coz the spawns will be packed again haha

Good way to get drag scales out of the game:

Make Ti shield 'enhanceable' with 1 dragon scale:

Make them degrade back to normal Ti shield and have fairly high chance to degrade.

Enhanced Ti shield Black:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Black dragon scale

Stats

+6 Magic Resistance

Enhanced Ti shield Red:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Red dragon scale

Stats

+6 Heat Protection

Enhanced Ti shield White:

Ingreds:

1 Ti shield

1 Ice dragon scale

Stats

+6 Cold Protection

Black version will be desirable for people who PK in Drag armors.

Red version will be desirable for people who PK in Ti armors (Ice version would be too, but red will be significantly cheaper).

Ice version will be desirable for people who only have Red and/or Black drag armors, not Ice.

...and then just remove the pots that will never be used by anyone (maybe some uber rich, but tbh even they prolly wont use them :P )

EDIT: oh, and ofc whichever is cheapest will still be desirable for PvE'ers, for the extra def bonus. (red and black scales are very similar price now no? so PvE'ers will hopefully consume both).

Nice idea Korr! :medieval: It should be more usefull :)

and now LOL.

these pots kinda lets u multi train again, right ? np, good thing, good exp.... but then we come to the point where is spawn sharing :P u use pots, u get.. lets say 4 DC, train for 5 mins, then some1 comes and kills em, cuz he wants to train aswell :medieval: then its just a waste of gc for that person ..

well thats one thing i thought about while reading all this.

Thank you all for your responses, this way we get a fair view on the potions and their useage.

Btw..I sold 58 potions in one batch today..700 gc each..^^ So may i suggest GO potters, Go? And Dragonhunters..do the same..?

Jez

Do those dragon slayers also tend to wear dragon armor? It could be they are storing them up as replacement armor ingreds. If you really want them to get rid of their scales, why not have dragons go hunting for revenge when the people are harvesting if they have more than 10 or 20? :medieval: The dragons would only attack those people, of course. This would also have the effect of having a number of people crap their pants, no doubt. lol Perhaps a C2 location only for this.

Personally, I would love to buy some of the scales. I just wish to save up a little more money so I can afford them. I need to finish my red dragon armor set sooner or later.

Edited by nathanstenzel

anyway i know only 1 person planning to buy some potions maybe he will buy all :rolleyes: he will make nice xp then everybody will copy and it won't work anymore coz the spawns will be packed again haha

Thank god someone out there does have more gc than sense...who's teh eejit buyer?

Do those dragon slayers also tend to wear dragon armor? It could be they are storing them up as replacement armor ingreds. If you really want them to get rid of their scales, why not have dragons go hunting for revenge when the people are harvesting if they have more than 10 or 20? :P The dragons would only attack those people, of course. This would also have the effect of having a number of people crap their pants, no doubt. lol Perhaps a C2 location only for this.

Personally, I would love to buy some of the scales. I just wish to save up a little more money so I can afford them. I need to finish my red dragon armor set sooner or later.

Last time i heard the dragon farmers where using augmented and iron greaves

Do those dragon slayers also tend to wear dragon armor? It could be they are storing them up as replacement armor ingreds. If you really want them to get rid of their scales, why not have dragons go hunting for revenge when the people are harvesting if they have more than 10 or 20? :P The dragons would only attack those people, of course. This would also have the effect of having a number of people crap their pants, no doubt. lol Perhaps a C2 location only for this.

Last time i heard the dragon farmers where using augmented and iron greaves

iron greave aug pants tit pl9 steel shield thermal serp ^^ :P i know one person ingame who was doing them like that :>

People do a lot of instances now too, and they get scales from those, so it's not just dragon hunters.. Someone showed me ~30 scales after they finished an instance.

+20 red, and ~10 black.

People do a lot of instances now too, and they get scales from those, so it's not just dragon hunters.. Someone showed me ~30 scales after they finished an instance.

+20 red, and ~10 black.

There is one wave with dragons.....9 red or 6 black

+20 red, and ~10 black.

There is one wave with dragons.....9 red or 6 black

Maybe, I don't know, this is just what someone showed me.. Either way, it's still a lot of scales coming from instances.