Eternal Lands Official Forums
TirunCollimdus

Is my character locked?

TirunCollimdus cannot be logged in but I can create a new character. Can this be explained to me? I have done nothing against the rules. I didn't see a message in the ban forum about me so I would like to know what is going on please.

Tirun

For getting everything from Icy's sto and giving away the char? maybe? Just wanted to refresh your memories.

-Kaddy

It seems that Kaddy can break the rules and get away with it but when I reply I get my post deleted. Time for a PM to Radu about how his mods are massively biased. Thanks for your time.

Tirun

Edit: Just waiting for a reply from Radu so I know my next post won't get deleted. No point really in posting if you know the mods are going to delete your post due to bias now is there?

PS If you want to know what got deleted here PM me in game. The character name is Instagone.

Edited by TirunCollimdus

It seems that Kaddy can break the rules and get away with it but when I reply I get my post deleted. Time for a PM to Radu about how his mods are massively biased. Thanks for your time.

Tirun

Get your facts straight. One of the "mods" did not delete your post. The forum is not the place to air your real life issues, for ANY reason. You have some specific facts (relevant information/proof) to present about your ban (which deal with EL and nothing else) please do so. Anything else will be removed.

Tirun

Get your facts straight. One of the "mods" did not delete your post. The forum is not the place to air your real life issues, for ANY reason. You have some specific facts (relevant information/proof) to present about your ban (which deal with EL and nothing else) please do so. Anything else will be removed.

My FACTS are already in place. The post which was written by the forum moderator which states anything that is not relevant to the ban will be deleted. Kaddy's post is not relevant to the ban and it remains. That is why I replied to it. Don't tell me I am breaking the rules when you are allowing someone else to get away with it please. Either delete Kaddy's post or reinstate mine. I don't like it when mods play favorites and I don't let it slide. Thanks for your reply though. :pickaxe:

I would appreciate it if you would not presume to moderate these forums.

When we would like your input and advice and modding help, we will ask for it.

Thank you.

As to your point, Kaddy was right on target.

You however were not, your real life issues are not part of this, and it breaks rules to post about somebody else's real life as well, here and ingame.

Logging on to Icy's account and removing her storage onto your TirunCollimdus account (after changing her password), IS illegal and breaks rule 5.

I would appreciate it if you would not presume to moderate these forums.

When we would like your input and advice and modding help, we will ask for it.

Thank you.

As to your point, Kaddy was right on target.

You however were not, your real life issues are not part of this, and it breaks rules to post about somebody else's real life as well, here and ingame.

Logging on to Icy's account and removing her storage onto your TirunCollimdus account (after changing her password), IS illegal and breaks rule 5.

Right was he? I already talked to Radu about Icy's account. I told him flat out that I took it. I took the character and gave it to someone else with the stuff included. The person it was given to told me to keep some of that stuff. I did not multiplay. I simply removed the stuff just in case the character was hacked so that the storage was not taken with the character. As I already stated the character is now being used by someone else. Who has been playing EL for over 2 years. Giving the character away and living in the same house and sharing items is not illegal multiplay.

The person in question has not been able to post on the forum in the ban thread and that is what we are waiting for right now. She will be posting as soon as possible. Giving a character to someone else is not illegal the last time I checked. I give her plenty of stuff and she gives me stuff. If giving her the account was illegal multiplay I apologize. I was not aware that it was illegal. I thought you could give characters away, sell them, and other wise transfer characters to other people. Is this wrong?

Tirun

PS When I PMed Radu about taking it he did not tell me there was anything wrong. How was I supposed to know? I was just taking the character to give to someone else. Taking someone's account is not illegal to my knowledge which is why you are not supposed to give out your password. Right?

Edited by TirunCollimdus

Nice siggy btw...

You did not illegally multiplay, you simply removed the stuff from the character you stole and put it on your acount?

Hmmm....

I'm sorry but last I looked that fits the description of rule 5 precisely. What you do with the stuff afterwards is neither here nor there.

As to LaNora, she can post on her current forum account. Although why she would want somebody's stolen account is beyond me.

As to rule 4, you are correct. The real Icy won't be getting the character back. She has learned several very hard lessons here.

Rule 4 does not protect you against rule 5 though.

Edit: Hmmm another funny line...who exactly did you think would "hack" the icy character? Icy?

Nice siggy btw...

You did not illegally multiplay, you simply removed the stuff from the character you stole and put it on your acount?

Hmmm....

I'm sorry but last I looked that fits the description of rule 5 precisely. What you do with the stuff afterwards is neither here nor there.

As to LaNora, she can post on her current forum account. Although why she would want somebody's stolen account is beyond me.

As to rule 4, you are correct. The real Icy won't be getting the character back. She has learned several very hard lessons here.

Rule 4 does not protect you against rule 5 though.

So you are telling me that if I had left the stuff on the account and given the character to LaNora after which she gave me some of the stuff off it then it wouldn't have been illegal multiplay. The fact that the outcome is exactly the same means nothing. Right? You are locking my account for doing exactly what I could have done completely 'legally' because I did it in the wrong order? Somehow getting locked for doing something I could have done legally seems a bit less than reasonable. Why LaNora would want a 'stolen' account is all about real life stuff which does not belong here.

Tirun

Tirun, let me make this clear, maybe save your fingers some strain.

You are not getting unlocked.

You broke rule 5 free and clear.

And I will say it again. EL rules do not take into account real life drama. You don't get to justify absolute SHIT behavior ingame by real life issues.

I don't care if you told the pope you stole the character and took the stuff. You then gave it to somebody else with a namechange to hide it.

Then you put some of the stuff back on the character.

Really, EL does not need this crap. If you can tell me ONE thing of value you offer this game, I will unban you. All I see is years of loophole rulebreaking, insults to just about everyone, and this the final insult.

ok first of all, kaddy, you really ought to butt out, thanks.

and second, im posting on my lanora account because thats what im known by, i sold the lanora character long ago, but kept the name here on the forum.

i took a break from the game for awhile but there are other longtimers around who know me well enough.

i dont cheat.

thats all there is to it.

icy wants her character back, well thats between me, her, and tirun now isnt it?

as was posted previously, real life stuff doesn't belong on the forum, so i will leave it out of my post, save to say, yes, i am living with tirun in louisiana now after having moved from alabama, yes we trade between characters, which is not and has never been illegal. it was something foncemerlin/drkhwk and i checked into YEARS ago. its not illegal.

if icy (or anyone including myself) gives out their password and lose the account, thats tough. its not a reason to lock said characters, especially when entropy was pm'ed about the situation.

Aislinn all you can see is what you want to see. When I had my forum up before the attribute cap a lot of people went to it for help on character building information. I helped take RICH from a guild with one of the worst reputations to one of the best until Amorzka ripped it apart. The RICH guild parties got some of the other guilds to start trying harder to do the same. I worked my but off to get cooldown put into the game and before I started trying it was loosing in the poll. Cooldown is positive. It has brought a lot more strategy and interesting things and items into game. I may have returned flames against people who flamed me but I also always apologized when I was wrong. I helped warn other guilds about semgilman/benhe and I posted one of my returning guild members in the outlaw section because she bagjumped.

You may not like me Aislinn but I have not done anything against the rules intentionally and I did not pick fights with other players. I finished them but I didn't start them. I may have been nasty when I flamed back at people but I always fought for what I believed in and have been straight forward with everyone. I offer this game a view that puts game development first. I had a NMT and no chance of getting another and I fought hard to make them breakable. I have always put the game first on the forum and no one else can say I haven't. There are quite a few people who actually know me in game outside of the forum who are aware that my forum persona is not the real me. The only part of the forum that is the real me is the part that shows I care more about the game than I do about my character. I could have taken the easy way out on the forum a LOT of times but I stayed in the fight trying to make the game better.

As for the signature it is because of real life stuff and it is accurate. You may not like that I let my real life CRAP invade the game but I have also helped out when others let their real life crap get into the game. I took Pookies side when Antio was threatening real life stuff even though I barely knew Pookies at the time. Probably spelled his character name wrong but I don't have time to look it up. He asked me for help and I gave it to him. The simple fact is that whenever anyone asks me for my help I give it to them. That is one positive thing I bring to this game too. I am a good friend to those who can be trusted and I apologize when I make a mistake. I may not go out of my way as far as mods do to help but I offer help even when unsolicited. I think there are a lot of positive things I bring to this game. I know some people who agree.

Tirun

PS I would like to apologize for loosing my temper as I did not understand the reason for the ban at first. When it was clearly pointed out what was specifically the reason I hope I started to calmly make my case immediately. If I didn't then I apologize for that too. I made a large mistake when I assumed that the ban was for the play that has been ongoing between LaNora and myself with her new character. The 'no drama' part of my signature is something I will personally have to work on. Hopefully my friends will help in that department. I know LaNora will. :D

Edited by TirunCollimdus

I meant facts, not opinions.

You broke the rules, badly.

End of story.

When I have the money to pay to get my website fixed I can send you the hits on the help section. It is a fact not an opinion. You can check the post in the outlaw section between Pookies and Antio. Fact not opinion. I have not backed down in threads when I thought Entropy was wrong (RoT being no cooldown) and I have backed him up all the way when I thought he was right even against the odds(cooldown). Facts that are verifiable by my posts. Not opinions. I am not a coder so I cannot give you things I have literally added to the game. If you want to ask Acelon how many of my ideas he has used in his map making you can get some extra facts for your list though. There I have literally and directly helped this game. I can't tell you which of my ideas he has used because he never tells me which ones he used and I don't keep a list. Yes I do contribute directly to the game in a positive way. Not sure how much my ideas have helped but at least a couple of them have been used. I have been on the test server to help find bugs and posted them.

You said one Aislinn and I have given you more than one.

Tirun

That is your opinion of how valuable your opinion is.

Please feel free to continue talking, however I am done here, the logs are the proof and the decision was made with the locks.

No. The fact that any of my ideas have been used for map making proves I have had positive input for the game. The amount of use on my help section doesn't imply how much I think my opinion is worth. It directly states how many EL players thought my opinion was useful and helpful. That had a positive impact on the game or it would not have been used so much right up until the attribute cap. Unless every idea of mine that Acelon used has been removed then I have in point of fact actually do have an ongoing positive impact on the game. That is not an opinion because there has been more than enough time for any useless ideas to be removed. I have made purchases from the shop so I have supported the game financially. Another fact. You did not say I had to give you give you a 'fact' that I offered something to the game that was essential to the existence of EL. You said I had to give you ONE fact that I had made a positive contribution to EL and I already have provided more than one.

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

No. The fact that any of my ideas have been used for map making proves I have had positive input for the game. The amount of use on my help section doesn't imply how much I think my opinion is worth. It directly states how many EL players thought my opinion was useful and helpful. That had a positive impact on the game or it would not have been used so much right up until the attribute cap. Unless every idea of mine that Acelon used has been removed then I have in point of fact actually do have an ongoing positive impact on the game. That is not an opinion because there has been more than enough time for any useless ideas to be removed. I have made purchases from the shop so I have supported the game financially. Another fact. You did not say I had to give you give you a 'fact' that I offered something to the game that was essential to the existence of EL. You said I had to give you ONE fact that I had made a positive contribution to EL and I already have provided more than one.

Tirun

And yet you still felt you could break a very important game rule badly and you still expect to get your character back and not face the consequences.

Actually no. I was not intending to break a rule at all. I have already told you that I was intending to give the character to LaNora intact. To do that I needed to make sure all of the stuff on the character was there when I gave it to her. If I had not been afraid that the character password could be hacked I would not have taken anything off of it in the first place. It was a freaking pain in the a$$ to do and then I had to go giving back the stuff once LaNora had possession of it. Everyone knows I would rather work smart than hard.

I wanted to follow the rules and just give the character as it was to LaNora. No rule broken at all. No trading needed except what we could do together when she moved in. No rules broken and having someone there in control of the other character. Legal and easy. That was my intent and it was what I would have much preferred to do. LaNora shares with me just as I share with her so taking the stuff off of the character was the last thing I wanted to do. The fact is that even if I had not taken it the end result would be exactly the same. LaNora would have had the character and we would have traded items to fit our styles of play and I would have helped her and she would have helped me. All perfectly legal.

I did not feel I could break a rule. There was no need to break a rule except for my paranoia about being hacked. I didn't even think about it as breaking a rule because the character was already promised to LaNora. I was just waiting until I had the money for the color and name change and for her to get here. Why should I face consequences for something I could have done legally and more easily after I gave the character to LaNora? The only thing I did wrong was think that if I could do it legally then it was okay. LaNora getting the character means we are helping each other which is legal. That I moved the equipment prematurely and had to give it back in mass quantities should not be held against me.

The spirit and meaning of the rule are not broken. They both remain completely intact. It was not intended to be mulitplay by one person. The goal was two people playing together. That is what we would have if the characters were unlocked. LaNora has everything she wants and needs and so do I. I help her get things and she helps me get things. I don't see why timing should be an issue. If the act can be completely legal and wasn't do to a simple matter of timing then why is there a problem? There is nothing I got or that LaNora got that we would not have if I had waited till she got here and given her the character with the storage intact. Nothing was accomplished by the 'multiplay' that was not going to be accomplished completely legally if I had waited, Learner. How can I be so callously breaking a rule when my intention was to speed up something that was legal in the first place?

How can it be breaking a rule badly when I could have just waited and done exactly the same thing that I did completely legally? I could have given her the character early and let her run around with Icy's name and look but I didn't want to confuse anyone or get anything started with other players. I had the character it was mine to give but I was trying to avoid LaNora having to deal with any pressure from other players. Is that so terrible? I didn't do anything that I was not legally able to do if I had just given the character to LaNora and let her run it right away. That is badly breaking a rule?

Tirun

Edited by TirunCollimdus

and please keep in mind, i did/do not WANT to be running around with icy's name, i am not her.

there was no super secret cover up with a name change....the name was changed and thats all, to the people i am close to in game, i made no secret of who is running the character, also, anyone that is/was on the friends list, when i got a pm, i let them know up front exactly who they were talking to.

edited for typo

Edited by LaNora

So the short version is that the thief was worried the victim would "hack" her own property back? So he committed illegal multi to prevent it so he could give his new girlfriend his wife's stolen character?

It is so refreshing that you are so respectful of the rules while you steal something that wasn't yours and offer it as a gift to another. :D

How romantic and generous of you. I bet you could sell this story to Reader's Digest (do they require a word count?)

However you try to justify it and muddy the waters, you broke the rules. Do not insult our intelligence by pretending to be the victim here.

Yes I deleted your post. I did not refer to your real life other than to identify the people by the labels you yourself have given these two people in these forums.

I am concerned with and am addressing your actions ingame only. Please keep real life out of this, as you have been cautioned already.

Also I am pretty sure you did not mean to use the judgement card, since it is a pretty easy search to find judgement going in the opposite direction.

Right was he? I already talked to Radu about Icy's account. I told him flat out that I took it. I took the character and gave it to someone else with the stuff included. The person it was given to told me to keep some of that stuff. I did not multiplay. I simply removed the stuff just in case the character was hacked so that the storage was not taken with the character. As I already stated the character is now being used by someone else. Who has been playing EL for over 2 years. Giving the character away and living in the same house and sharing items is not illegal multiplay.

Yes, you told me about taking that character, and I said it is not my business, since you know the password, you can use it.

But at no point you asked me if you can take the items and put them on your main character. Transfering items between your main and a char that is or was yours is not OK, and the rule 5 is clear about that.