Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
conavar

New Wards + Stone

There has been alot of talk that Pk should be about tactics, so here are a few item suggestion that might/might not help.

Some people will like them, some wont .. Thoughts please.

Buff Removal Ward:

Does as the name suggest, would remove X amount of buffs (dependant on the placers Eng Level) per step taken.

This would include all buffs, wether they be from Pots, items or blessings

Cooldown Ward:

This Ward would "cooldown" (stop working) All Orange spam Items for X amount of time (dependant on placers Eng Level) per step taken.

This Ward would cooldown all items, Including Mol, SoM, Brod, Bod, Ubg, Osmn etc etc etc

Note: These would only work as do the current wards Ie: the target has to take a step in there radius to be affected

Heart Stone:

This would be a shop bought Item and would disappear upon death as per a rostogol stone.

This stone once equiped would make the user Immune to being Multied (effectively making all maps single combat for the user), Great for Invasions and Pk :)

Comments ?

Edited by conavar

All pr0 ideas imo.

I'm against a buff removal spell as basically all pr0 fighters in EL are also at least decent mages (thus for the most part it just makes the strong stronger, and the weak weaker)... but as a ward it's pr0 idea, then it's more a teamwork and/or people with a niche skillset thing.

Just a clarification of the Heart stone ... Incase people are concerned it would mean 6 players, each with a stone being able to gang someone and not being able to be attacked in return.

It would make the maps single combat in every sense... they cannot be multied, but on the flip side, they would not be able to engage someone already in combat either (should balance it out a bit better)

Just a clarification of the Heart stone ... Incase people are concerned it would mean 6 players, each with a stone being able to gang someone and not being able to be attacked in return.

It would make the maps single combat in every sense... they cannot be multied, but on the flip side, they would not be able to engage someone already in combat either (should balance it out a bit better)

I would better see the stone broken if he attacks somebody already in combat:)

I would better see the stone broken if he attacks somebody already in combat:)

Mis-clicks in a crowded KF make this a bit harsh :)

EDIT:

You know, i've been thinking a bit more about the Heart Stone... it may not be such a good idea... does it not destroy teamwork?

Like, with that stone, if i go in KF and find 8x 100-110's a/d'ers, i'm gonna kill them all (or make them diss-tele, w/e)... doesn't it make the strong immune to teams of lower fighters working together?

...i know in a recent other thread many fighters 'ganging' like this was called "bullying", but really that's just BS, this is a game and that is called teamwork. "Bullying" is just a convenient name for it used by those whom the teamwork was victorious over.

Edited by Korrode

EDIT:

You know, i've been thinking a bit more about the Heart Stone... it may not be such a good idea... does it not destroy teamwork?

Like, with that stone, if i go in KF and find 8x 100-110's a/d'ers, i'm gonna kill them all (or make them diss-tele, w/e)... doesn't it make the strong immune to teams of lower fighters working together?

Well to me anyway , 8 ppl all clicking attack on 1 person, doesnt involve much thinking or teamwork :)

Those 8 100-110 a/d players would have to think and plan attacks to take you down ( Ie: How Nca used to be). shall we pass the diss, use summons to wear him down, try to lure him into wards etc etc etc

And on the other side of the coin, might it not help those 100-110 a/d from getting ganged themselves by 4-5 130+ ppl ?

Edit: Anyhow Im not going to argue for the stone to much, it was just a suggestion I thought I would throw out there along with the wards, it can be easily lived without and wouldnt be a big deal if not implemted

Edited by conavar