Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Kaddy

Isnt this a bit overpowered?

nice idea :D

Could we talk about few more special items ? Like Steel greaves of Mana Drain, Orc Slayer of Mana Nullification or Staff of Mage ? Imho they are a bit too powerful as well.

Or about specials like Steel plate of Healing or Eagle Wing of Extra Damage, those 2 are too weak.

Edited by Jaclaw

i would say very good idea :D

edit: since Jac edited his post... i agree with jaclaw, if there is changes done to 1 item, there should be something reasonable done with others, or at least make them more equal or more usefull in some way :D

Edited by Kornholio

wel special armor cost allot off gc would love to see al that gc back if the deside to remove it

Don't forget manuers ... Special items are the only thing that makes profit ...

Either prices would need to rise or something else would be needed.

Thank you for mentioning the manufacturers. :D Everyone needs to be considered when changing things. :D

can u lower stats off bronze sword to then udg where mostly only change against that naabs thats use that sword

hmmm something like 40-45 dmg ? so it sits between OS and hallie ?

Noob opinion: Change nexeus requirements to 8 ^^

Then make nexeus limit maps :D

:D

Edit- Wow I had a "u" in the word "limit" :D

Edited by Sir_Exeus

can u lower stats off bronze sword to then udg where mostly only change against that naabs thats use that sword

No, the bronze sword is very much OK as it is now.

What about :

Steel Cuisses of Mana Drain- Decrease drained mana points to 10 and increase chance of draining to 5-6%

Steel Plate of Healing- Increase chance to like 8% at least and make it heal more HP, lets say 50.

Titanium special set is OK in my opinion.

Weapons

Rapier of Death- Increase chance of hitting to 1%

Orc Slayer of Mana Nullification- Decrease points of removed mana to 50, Increase chance of hitting to 4%

Cutlass of the Mage-Decrease points of mana burned to 25, Increase chance of hitting to 5%

Jagged Saber of Cooling- It may stay as it is....KF is no drop anyway

Eagle Wing of Extra Damage- Increase chance to 10% and increase damage to 30 (It's useless nowadays)

Emerald Claymore of Life and Mana- This one isn't supposed to be used for fighting i think. So change the effect or keep it as it is, outside of PK.

Sunbreaker of destruction- I know you won't change what it does, so just keep it like it is.

Staff of Mage- Decrease mana points drained to 10 and burned to 25.

See, this is the difference between us Ateh. You and your little buddy popeye are n00bs with incomplete game knowledge, we're long-time PK'ers who've extensively tested available options and carefully considered the situation.

You're just an ass. I don't care if I have incomplete game knowledge. Go play the MMORPG YOU'RE developing. I don't pk because of all the Korrodes in the game. If you don't know what I mean, see my first sentence.

In the last ~4 days i've started using bronze sword in PK and have gained more pki in those days than i did in the last month before. (Just ask Kram who gave me almost a whole point in the space of about 5 mins :huh: )

Do i still think they're overpowered and need adjustment/removal? You bet i do.

+1. I believe that when the bronze sword was made, the developers thought that the high cost of using (through breakage) would even out their huge stats. This has proven to not be the case. People simply have enough money, and care enough about killing others, to continue to pour thousands into purchasing these.

This all wouldn't be a problem if there was actually a way to get 40 magic resistance which gives you immunity to all special armour/weapon effects.

Currently this isn't possible...most you can get atm is 30 magic resistance (spell, full bronze including helm and warlock cloak)

Simple solution: make it so that ppl can actually get to that 40 limit by increasing the magic resistance bonus of the Warlock cape and the magic protection spell (which actually gives magic resistance) This will make the Warlock cape a lot more used and helpfull item aswell.

Btw...according to some testing me and Sia did a while back the mana drain cuisses already start to hit less from 22 magic resistance and up.

EDIT2: I could suggest absolutely anything and you'd claim i was being selfish and that any claims of mine that it's good for the game as a whole are bs. Thus, it's obvious you're completely unobjective and bias, and anything you have to say on these kind of topics should be discarded immediately.

WWKD? Delete your posts :huh:

actually korrode the following are your words not mine, and they come from the chim project topic that went on ages ago

My key concern is getting the exp i want at the p/c i want... i'm through with "community rules", i dont restrict my advancement in any other multiplayer game due to any 'rules' that are not official game rules.

so can you now understand why I am just a LITTLE skeptical about your claims of ''for the good of the game''

and actually if im being brutally honest the main reason im even posting anything is because its getting a bit sickening listening to you warble on about how you know whats best for the game as if your the only one who for whatever reason understands what EL should be like.....

That sentence you quoted is highly out of context, the whole thread needs to be read, being able to train with high p/c was one of the advantageous things that would have come from what i was suggesting, amongst other things that for everyone, including myself, could not be described as 'advantageous'.

Again, people see 1 sentence they feel is selfish then they disregard everything else that's been said, disregard mathematical proof that's been given, disregard gameplay examples that have been given, and just decide "oh selfish".

You don't consider that the suggestions i was making would have had me breaking more armor and burning more resources per exp, no you just look at one thing where i'd get some kind of advantage, disregard all the easily balancing disadvantages i'd suffer, and decide you know what's going on.

+1. I believe that when the bronze sword was made, the developers thought that the high cost of using (through breakage) would even out their huge stats. This has proven to not be the case. People simply have enough money, and care enough about killing others, to continue to pour thousands into purchasing these.

Do you use a bronze sword all the time?

Do you use a bronze sword all the time?

Some people do.

With gc->$$ rates as they are atm, each Bronze sword is $2.50-$3

If i had a fair bit of excess money for gaming (as opposed to bills :huh: ), I'd prolly use them all the time.

Well, they can only be used in PK (and sometimes in instances). There is no penalty when yuo die in KF, so what's the big deal? Money sink FTW.

What about :

Steel Cuisses of Mana Drain- Decrease drained mana points to 10 and increase chance of draining to 5-6%

Steel Plate of Healing- Increase chance to like 8% at least and make it heal more HP, lets say 50.

Titanium special set is OK in my opinion.

Weapons

Rapier of Death- Increase chance of hitting to 1%

Orc Slayer of Mana Nullification- Decrease points of removed mana to 50, Increase chance of hitting to 4%

Cutlass of the Mage-Decrease points of mana burned to 25, Increase chance of hitting to 5%

Jagged Saber of Cooling- It may stay as it is....KF is no drop anyway

Eagle Wing of Extra Damage- Increase chance to 10% and increase damage to 30 (It's useless nowadays)

Emerald Claymore of Life and Mana- This one isn't supposed to be used for fighting i think. So change the effect or keep it as it is, outside of PK.

Sunbreaker of destruction- I know you won't change what it does, so just keep it like it is.

Staff of Mage- Decrease mana points drained to 10 and burned to 25.

These suggestions are nice indeed, although the steel greave of ubber defence needs tweaking also. (lower ofc)

I was having a talk with WeaverDAS today about the SGoUD, and he suggested one of best things i've ever heard.

[PM from WeaverDAS: did anyone suggest that ubber steel could have a limit to % of total def it could raise?]

[PM from WeaverDAS: I saw it earlier today...I just thought it could have a limit or cap on boost]

[PM from WeaverDAS: based on % of def lvl]

Now where we want to go with this, i don't know. but let's work on this a bit, elaborate a bit. I would love to see some suggestions from the origination of these PM's. say a number you think "a limit to % of total def it could raise" .

(WeaverDAS ftw :) )

Isn't it already taken care of?

See quote:

Anyway, I capped the defense bonus from that armor to +19, and reduced the chance to 2%.

Oh i didn't see that at all. :) That change imo is adequate enough. :P +19 def isn't as bad as +34 def.

off topic but shouldn't the message for the diss ring change since we can run?

I like all those ideas jaclaw.