Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

PK'ing in PK maps is not a crime

Korrode is well within his rights to play the game the way he see's fit. Killing players on a PK map is not a crime.

However, he shouldn't be surprised when a player decides to retaliate and play they game the way they see fit.

Since KF is no drop I believe most wouldn't feel they need to retaliate because no loss is involved. Maybe their motivation could be a byproduct of taunting (Not necessarily what happened here), or them just being ridiculous.

To me the hydro runner scenario is different because a loss is involved and the desire for retaliation is greater.

Serping, Bag Jumping, and Broding are all elements of the game. I feel if used in a retaliatory fashion they serve their purpose. However, using these methods with no justification, just for the sake of it, is suspect behavior.

Risk is involved anytime you enter a PK map on both sides of the issue, whether it be a hydro run or to PK. You can hedge the risk by using a variety of means including using Rosto or a Cotu.

If players want to prey on the weak and take their stuff they need to be prepared to lose some of theirs as well.

The intent is the same, you are trying to screw the other player out of something of value. Pk'ing a hydro runner and taking their stuff versus Broding and breaking some armor or weapons, both are within the rules.

Killing a player on a PK map is not a crime and neither is retaliation! To expect someone not to retaliate is ridiculous.

The game is designed to allow players to play how they want so long as they stay within the rules and all of these activities are within the rules.

I really don't want to get involved in this, and I don't condone what lucky did, but this claim seems a little one-sided. Why is it fair for one player to say "this thing that I do isn't bad"

Because the game administration deemed what Violater did (PK'ing in a PK map) as non-outlaw.

3. PK-related complaints will be deleted unless the issue is about lying, luring, and/or scamming, and is the main issue, not the getting PK'd. Again proof IS required up front.

...so really the only question is; Is single spawn serping outlaw?

fair enough. If this *was* a single spawn, and there are no other extenuating circumstances (BRoDing by Violator, serping by Violator, being a douche by Violator), I would agree with you.

(BRoDing by Violator, serping by Violator,

If any wWw member does either of these without the person in question being shitlisted (of which they can only be if they did those things to us first), they make penance or get kicked.

being a douche by Violator)

idk what your opinion of 'douche' is, but if i serped everyone who i thought was a 'douche' i'd be a busy serper... TinT guild alone would take up half my time xD

EDIT: but afaik Vio wasn't flaming or anything... so unless PK'ing alone = douche, then no.

Edited by Korrode

idk what your opinion of 'douche' is, but if i serped everyone who i thought was a 'douche' i'd be a busy serper

In this context, I would consider "being a douche" going beyond the realms of normal PK flaming.

... TinT guild alone would take up half my time x

:)

Aww, how come i had to find that thread by (un)luck ? :wub: Sorry, i only read a few posts as i just read the whole thread about ubber def greaves, didn't want go through all that kind of whining again...

The most recent account of this is Lucky_Paladin from Guild Wing, who today decided to start serping Violater's (wWw member) spawn simply for being attacked in Kilaran Field.

...this is the kind of crap i am no longer going to even enter into discussions with people about, from now on they'll be asked once to stop via #ig, linked to this post, and if they don't stop i'll just add them and their guild to our shitlist.

You couldn't ask to stop via #IG as your guild was #IG blocked since the day before. I'll admit you sent me a message via Gossip though.

I wouldn't bother to go serp people spawns myself, still, i can't find any rule saying it's forbidden to do so. And don't serve me the usual "community rules" stuff. I have my own community which is called Wing and there, nothing forbids spawn serping. It's up to each individual to decide, not me and you even less :happy:

Dont some guilds allow spawn serping of red tags ? (lame I know but it happens)

Maybe. Wing has no red tags anyway.

What he said. No allies, no enemies, only a few friendly tags. :o

kk. tbh it's very refreshing to hear you say that...

You openly admit that you make no efforts and enforce no guild rules that push compliance with community rules... that's sooo much better than when people try and justify their actions and claim they didn't break any such community rules :wub:

cya in KF :happy:

DO not believe that your guild follows the community rules, unless BRODing low lvl pvpers on secuded maps on Tuz Sun day is with in the guild lines of the community. Let me see, You shit tagged my guild for serping Kaddy 4 minutes for flaming the hell out of me on channel 6, lol. Then Kaddy runs around and BRODs everyone when I let your guildies even run around in KF unmolested, will not happen again.

Seems like a lot of drama. I really for the post part do not read your posting for I really do not like drama. Proably will not be back in here to read this posting again. I come to play a game and have fun. Try to be nice to people in game, enjoy the friendly fights and do not mind dieing. Seems there are always asses that like to ruin others fun.

See you in KF and forget the red capes, please :)

Edited by Inglor

So, spawn serping (and BRoD'ing) isn't right if it's in response to being PK'd.. People who respond in such a manner are simply ridiculous..

But spawn serping is right without any provocation? :)

Clicky

So, spawn serping (and BRoD'ing) isn't right if it's in response to being PK'd.. People who respond in such a manner are simply ridiculous..

But spawn serping is right without any provocation? :P

Clicky

He isn't talking about serping a single spawn!

He is saying that when he goes to a triple spawn that 1 person is occupying then he should not have to respect any community rule about spawn serping.

IIRC the community rule is geared toward the serping of someone's SINGLE spawn not for someone hogging a 2-3x spawn.

Maybe read the context of the topic BEFORE trying to use it against people?

As Paul said:

single spawn serping

:P

In fact, in that very thread you linked to 2c, Radu himself says:

Now, I understand that there are 'community rules' about spawns, and I can understand getting mad when someone takes your spawn. For single spawns, it makes sense to have just one person training there

EDIT:

@Attila's post

It's fairly unintelligible but i think there's something with complaining about being BRoD'ed while PvP'ing...

If you single spawn serp, brod, bagjump or scam us, we will do everything and anything possible within the game rules (you lose all community rule benefits if you don't follow them yourself) to make your life as miserable as possible.

The short version; don't be a fuckwit and you'll have no worry at all of being broded/serped/etc. by wWw.

You shit tagged my guild for serping Kaddy 4 minutes for flaming the hell out of me on channel 6, lol.

So serping is your response to flaming? well that's interesting in a 'zomg ur a tard' sort of a way... but i was really quite sure that the reason you gave for serping Kad is that Kad killed Lenny, so Kad got Lenny's DB (funny how this makes complete sense eh?), and you felt that simply because you'd been chasing/fighting Lenny just prior that you somehow magically deserve the Lenny fur.

Edited by Korrode

If you single spawn serp, brod, bagjump or scam us, we will do everything and anything possible within the game rules to make your life as miserable as possible.

Even staying within Game rules, you still have to be careful of you actions

Rules 2 and 3 cover a broad scope and its very easy to step over the line

The short version; don't be a fuckwit and you'll have no worry at all of being broded/serped/etc. by wWw.

Being a fuckwit works boths ways.... as the saying goes " two wrongs dont make a right" :P

Edited by conavar

well, ja... 'fuckwit' isn't a very descriptive term xD

but u know what i mean, dont serp/brod/etc. us we wont do it to u.

The point I was trying to make.. he had every right to serp wWw's spawns, even the single ones.. as long as he remained within the game rules.. Even though you may consider such a response ridiculous, some people don't like PK and might consider such a response justified. Reading back, I guess there's no need to repeat Cruella's points here.

As for the spawn serping link.. it's just polite and following the community rules to ask and share a multiple spawn before going straight to serping.. But hey, no need for flames :)

Even though you may consider such a response ridiculous, some people don't like PK and might consider such a response justified.

So why do they step into PK map in the first place? I myself find serping single spawn as a response to get killed (in no drop map no less!) very exaggerated.

The fact anyone is even slightly defensive of Wing's position is absolute crap. If some newish guild of relative unknowns started serping spawns for being attacked in KF they'd be crucified on these forums. :)

Double standards FTL.

Edited by Korrode

warning: after a full weekend of seeing brodmessages and superchildish flaming on channels, the following might seem as a rant. That's good.. it's meant to be that.

If any non PKers really think that serping the spawn at which the PKer is training is gonna help make things better.. then please allow me to question their reasoning.

I'm about the 30th person to say this, but how the hell can you even come up with the very shortsighted idea that you would be safe in a PK map? I have been doing hydroruns in the past months, and I swear: hydro is a joke. I enter Imbroglio Island with a more confident feeling than I enter KF or TD, or by now even Hulda.

It has happened once in all these times that I encountered someone that was really trying to PK me. He miserably failed at it because you know what?? I was prepared. I had brought a guildie, who eliminated that person within 2 seconds. But still: I go to Imbro, fully aware of the risk I put myself in. Same with KF. Before KF went ND I used to enjoy watching the fights in Nordcarn Arena, and depending on the people active at that moment, I sometimes also enter KF.. simply because I enjoy watching those fights. Do I get pissy when some ebul PKer decides to not want me there? Hell yea. But I will gladly go back to storage and mix more stuff. No need to spend 200k on some stupid stick that just gives some people the false illusion that they 'have balls'.

On the other hand: What the hell has happened to this game that now all of a sudden, when someone pisses you off, they nearly get instantly 'shittagged'??? Just a few months ago, maybe 10 people were really happy to have that stick in game, and now it seems to be all over the place. Why the hell would you purposely destroy someone's hardearned stuff, just because you get killed in a place where you know that can happen? And why the hell would you purposely destroy someone's hardearned stuff just because they stand up for themselves? SURELY there are other ways.

Anyone thinking that using the brod will enhance their image into appearing to be someone that causes ph34r... Grow the f*ck up. Sure, you don't have to take unlimited crap from anyone, or from any guild but I would say there are other ways than to idolise the use of brod.

dills :)

What if people in your guild are "fuckwits"?

You shit tagged my guild for serping Kaddy 4 minutes for flaming the hell out of me on channel 6, lol.

So serping is your response to flaming? well that's interesting in a 'zomg ur a tard' sort of a way... but i was really quite sure that the reason you gave for serping Kad is that Kad killed Lenny, so Kad got Lenny's DB (funny how this makes complete sense eh?), and you felt that simply because you'd been chasing/fighting Lenny just prior that you somehow magically deserve the Lenny fur.

Once again, it doesn't seem that one group or person gets to decide what is a proportionate response. If someone flamed the hell out of you, and you came across them training, would you serp them? Would your guildies? I don't know why Attila serped Kad, but the notion that one person/party has deemed this an acceptable/unacceptable response seems wrong.