Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

PK'ing in PK maps is not a crime

I personally think some part of it, is a misuse of terminology.

Getting dressed in full armor and entering a combat map, is not pk.

This is PvP, player vs player combat. For EL, and as it appears, only EL

has converted this word to mean boxing for hours without the desire

to end the contest, a friendly low damage event for experience.

Player Kill, on the other hand, is slaughtering "lowbies on mobs", "on hydro runs"

and other such activities. [On the 'PK' (should be PvP server) this should be

more apparent.] At no point is this combat expected to last

more than a few seconds before the victim dies and drops the loot.

Part of the problem is most of EL is not PvP(PK), therefore its treated by a

rather inexperienced RPG group as nearly another game, but not part of

EL proper. Therefore the game is played by total pacifists as well as those

who wish to fight with one another.

Perhaps if the server was made mostly (PK\PvP) like the PK server, the

pacifists would take a new look at befriending fighters for defense alone.

The game would lose its pure pacisfist population but you can't have

"happy joy joy fun hugz timez" and "war war kill em all" existing perfectly in

one game. But you would have paladins and such 'defending the weak' and

what not, hell it may bring mak-us-wreck back :) so many weak people to save.

Spawn serping would be solved by this, which is a cowardly response to

being unable to defeat your enemy in a combat map. Albeit its the only response

to punish a non pk guild, after a dispute, making everything PvP solves this.

translated to interwebs-gee-dawg:

roflmao n00b joos got pks in a pks map, nao u go cryin bout it? lawlz.

Good point

I always advocated for more resorces on pk maps ie....tin, seridum, yew, copper, just for this reason.

one game.

Plenty of games have that, even to such extend that there are two mirror worlds on the same server (pk and non-pk) connected just with a few teleports with same resources on both sides. It works perfectly in large games, the problem with EL is a size of its playerbase where such or similar solution would not make any sense.

I personally think some part of it, is a misuse of terminology.

Getting dressed in full armor and entering a combat map, is not pk.

This is PvP, player vs player combat. For EL, and as it appears, only EL

has converted this word to mean boxing for hours without the desire

to end the contest, a friendly low damage event for experience.

Player Kill, on the other hand, is slaughtering "lowbies on mobs", "on hydro runs"

and other such activities. [On the 'PK' (should be PvP server) this should be

more apparent.] At no point is this combat expected to last

more than a few seconds before the victim dies and drops the loot.

Part of the problem is most of EL is not PvP(PK), therefore its treated by a

rather inexperienced RPG group as nearly another game, but not part of

EL proper. Therefore the game is played by total pacifists as well as those

who wish to fight with one another.

Perhaps if the server was made mostly (PK\PvP) like the PK server, the

pacifists would take a new look at befriending fighters for defense alone.

one game. But you would have paladins and such 'defending the weak' and

what not, hell it may bring mak-us-wreck back :) so many weak people to save.

Spawn serping would be solved by this, which is a cowardly response to

being unable to defeat your enemy in a combat map. Albeit its the only response

to punish a non pk guild, after a dispute, making everything PvP solves this.

translated to interwebs-gee-dawg:

roflmao n00b joos got pks in a pks map, nao u go cryin bout it? lawlz.

Good point

I always advocated for more resorces on pk maps ie....tin, seridum, yew, copper, just for this reason.

If your way of thinking was good, the PK server would not have been nearly abandonned. By doing that you would reduce the main population to the size of that on pk server or just slightly higher, no ?

Edited by Cruella

Not really.

One of the main reasons the PK server isn't succesfull lies in the fact that most people don't want to abandon their already lvled char on the main server and do it all over again on the PK server.

Edited by Ambrosius

I think that the main reason we have disputes over being PK'ed is more pride than anything.

I can't tell you how many times i had to dodge deadhead :> and break a rosto (maybe 2) when doing my hydro runs.

It's all in the fun, the adrenaline of the fight and the anticipation of whethe ryou'll make it to your destination or not.

If people would start seeing it as an adventure instead of a mere "harvest run" you'd have a new respect for the game.

It IS an RPG after all, it is supposed to be a fantasy game meant for the fun of EVERYTHING, despite how borign some of it may seem.

On the note of whining over who gets PK'ed and then BRoD'ing in return, bring it on, it'll only bring yourself more grief in the end. Continually taunting a major PK'er by serping/pulling brod will get you disrespect fast and you'll find yourself alone in a map full of 30+ groups.

If your way of thinking was good, the PK server would not have been nearly abandonned. By doing that you would reduce the main population to the size of that on pk server or just slightly higher, no ?

Ambro posted what I would have replied. Pk server primary problem is

not a fear of pk, but its recruitment pool is from the main, and no one wants to

~start over~. Pk server has less pk, than the main, since their are

repercussions for it, kill everyone all the time? good luck harvesting ever.

It needs desperate adverts to appeal to new players the primary game

does not appeal to. But anyway, the lack of this on the primary server leads

to spawn serping\bag jumping\and pow-wows in IP over combat.

Plenty of games have that, even to such extend that there are two mirror worlds on the same server (pk and non-pk) connected just with a few teleports with same resources on both sides.

Therefore you have 2 games, interconnected in 1 game.

So instead of it appearing like a separate game, it is in fact separate?

What I am referring to is integrating it into one game, so both groups

are interdependent on each others skills. Manus need fighters for defense,

Fighters need manus for armor. As it currently stands, those groups are independant

of one another. So if you kill the manus harvesters or the manu itself, you could

expect to find buying armor and weapons a challenge, unless you befriend

a evil aligned manu. Far more RPG-like to me.

I forsee when player builts cities are availible there will be an entire player

base that will not participate for fear of dying. Why not say goodbye to them

now instead of later and perhaps attrach a larger audience?

Translate:

relaxz and chillz, y0, game u noe? :)

Not really.

One of the main reasons the PK server isn't succesfull lies in the fact that most people don't want to abandon their already lvled char on the main server and do it all over again on the PK server.

I was just going to say that. I think the PK server would be VERY popular if we could carry our players between servers. Most 120+ a/d fighters don't want to start out on IP.

The idea of the PK server is still sound, as is Robotbob's point. We do bitch about some people killing low level players, but you almost never hear anyone above 30s complain about deaths. We might PM a friend and let him/her know where it happened and then go hunting, but that's just fun, and everyone expects it anyway.

Edit: dammit! I need to type faster.

Edited by sywren

Not really.

That's true, but I also dislike lack of moderation, no cooldown, allowed multiplaying.

I'm sure Im not the only(ie see "Multiplay on the main server" poll).

There aren't enough players even on the main server..

I'd like to suggest not to stray from the topic. PK server and reasons for its failure are not a topic for Disputes. Unless, it was caused by some dark and evil conspiracy.

I'd like to suggest not to stray from the topic. PK server and reasons for its failure are not a topic for Disputes. Unless, it was caused by some dark and evil conspiracy.

Oh, it was, to be honest.

You know, once Bob was hosting a BBQ and invited all his relatives and friends, and even his dark cousins came, who use to live in an underworld, which isnt discovered right now.

And after too much food and ale and scotch, they started to drew their evil plans...

Bob I, Gob of Portland!

Today Portland, tomorrow C1, overmorrow the whole world!!

And keep in mind, Bob ownZ the Holy Apple......

Well, better ph34r them!!!

;)

Piper

You mean someone died in a player kill map and didn't want to die? Shame!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Trojan_Knight

I pretty much agree with everything ya said Ambro.. I think when regarding to pk, our idea's of what it is about, and should be about are identical. And to me that is the soul purpose of fun. However, i may not attend pk on a daily basis.. Usually only a couple times a week at most. Still though I also see no reason to "start" a heated arguement. But the difference between you and I is that if one presents itself, I will help a argument prosper lolz.

Anyways.. Not to sound geeky.. But i would like to see a poll as well regarding what the "community" thought apon "if being pkD gives right to complain and label em as a enemy" I'm pretty much thinking, those that don't pk will say yes, and those that do it souly for fun will say no. However, i could be wrong.

Ambro posted what I would have replied. Pk server primary problem is

not a fear of pk, but its recruitment pool is from the main, and no one wants to

~start over~. Pk server has less pk, than the main, since their are

repercussions for it, kill everyone all the time? good luck harvesting ever.

It needs desperate adverts to appeal to new players the primary game

does not appeal to. But anyway, the lack of this on the primary server leads

to spawn serping\bag jumping\and pow-wows in IP over combat.

Plenty of games have that, even to such extend that there are two mirror worlds on the same server (pk and non-pk) connected just with a few teleports with same resources on both sides.

Therefore you have 2 games, interconnected in 1 game.

So instead of it appearing like a separate game, it is in fact separate?

What I am referring to is integrating it into one game, so both groups

are interdependent on each others skills. Manus need fighters for defense,

Fighters need manus for armor. As it currently stands, those groups are independant

of one another. So if you kill the manus harvesters or the manu itself, you could

expect to find buying armor and weapons a challenge, unless you befriend

a evil aligned manu. Far more RPG-like to me.

I forsee when player builts cities are availible there will be an entire player

base that will not participate for fear of dying. Why not say goodbye to them

now instead of later and perhaps attrach a larger audience?

Translate:

relaxz and chillz, y0, game u noe? :P

The reason why it works in other games is that players there are forced to search for resources because they deplete - yopu can only harv a certain number from a certain tile before it is gone, then you need to wait for it to respawn. A player has a choice to run with no risk thorough non-pk maps in a hope to find a place where resource has just respawn ot to go to the pk map where finding non-depleted resource is way easier but risky.

My personal opinion is that there is no chance to attract a larger audience of players interested mostly in pk to EL. This is mostly due to lack of reasonable skill caps. Also thanks to established group of long-term players (mostly pkers) whose voice is the loudest and who basically force the direction where the game goes via channel 6 lol :wub:

can i just say the reason i get pi55ed off when attacked during a hydro run is because the reason im going there is to make hydro bars which in turn make your stinking armors

if you didnt have hydro runners you wouldnt have the nice armors you ''need'' for your PKing exploits

so tbh i still think attacking hydro runners is a shyte thing to do

thanks and fuvm

A little offtopic but if you guys manuers have a unity, you could rule EL. How will it work? let me give you an example, if you havent sold anything to the tard that attacks you while hydro run, you would see if anyone ever attacks you again...

I have to agree with BOTH points here - pking the person who is supplying your hydro is silly thing to do because then you won't have what you need to pk in the first place - however, it IS in a PK map, do I run hydro and expect to be safe? NO I do that when I think I am at the safest, by checking for known hydro pkers online and adjusting my runs accordingly. I will also not sell hydro bars to anyone I know to have killed a hydro runner - might mess up my chances of a sale - but they will not be so eager to attack without that flashy armour and bought nexus - think about it :wub:

Wolfy

I will also not sell hydro bars to anyone I know to have killed a hydro runner - might mess up my chances of a sale - but they will not be so eager to attack without that flashy armour and bought nexus - think about it :wub:

Wolfy

Easily solved, just give gc to a friend to buy hydro for you, you'll never know for who is he buying it for.

PKing people on PKing maps is np, BRODing people on PKing maps is np. Believe you have said both are componates of the game. Neither are agaist community rules.

Someone BRODing someone for PKing weak PKiners on hydro runs is also np :wub:

Having said that I do not BROD for the hydro run PKingers. It is the rest of the story I will BROD. Most players that jump people for a few swords also like to flame a lot and are very disrespectful in IG and on channel to other players.

Is a game, no need for the constant personal or guild insults channel, IG or PM from some players or guilds. If your enjoyment is to try and take part of the enjoyment of the game from other players, then it is with great glee I BROD if my guild will allow.

My two cents :P)

Attila

Edited by Inglor

PKing people on PKing maps is np, BRODing people on PKing maps is np. Believe you have said both are componates of the game. Neither are agaist community rules.

Is this nub for real? :):mace:

There are 2 communities involved here. the PK community and the mixing/hydro running community that does gather Hydro ore to provide for the weapons and armors for the PKers.

If the PK community feels it is ok to PK the Hydro runners costing them either a rosto or the worth of the drops if a rosto is not worn, why would it be unreasonable for the mixer/hydro runner to say it will be ok for them to BroD or hire a BroDer to BroD the person that PKed them on a hydro run, in retaliation?

It seems to me the 'Community rules' are squed in favor of PKers tbh.

As normal, Korrode resorts to flames :D Anyway neither BRODIng or Killing Hydro runners as you said Korrode are not agaist communities rules, trying to see what your problem is lol. You kill hydro runners, the person you kills BRODs you later on, seems fair to me (really laughing my ass off at your double standards, lol ).

Edited by Inglor

It's Disputes forums. I'm slowly getting an impression this thread would better fit General Chat. If the happy offtopic continues I will either close this thread or close and remove it. It hardly belongs here.

Edited by Ayumu

As normal, Korrode resorts to flames :D Anyway neither BRODIng or Killing Hydro runners as you said Korrode are not agaist communities rules, trying to see what your problem is lol. You kill hydro runners, the person you kills BRODs you later on, seems fair to me (really laughing my ass off at your double standards, lol ).

Totally ridicilous :D

Is this nub for real? :o:huh:

Little bit off topic there, eh buddy? I'll bet you live in your mom's basement and deliver pizzas to pay for your internet.

Anyway neither BRODIng or Killing Hydro runners as you said Korrode are not agaist communities rules.

Please quote where i said BRoD'ing (in general) isn't against the community rules?

Is this nub for real? :o:huh:

Little bit off topic there, eh buddy? I'll bet you live in your mom's basement and deliver pizzas to pay for your internet.

Sorry phail.

I'm a computer tech earning more per hour than you ever will and i rent a nice house with one other person, of which i occupy the master bedroom, got ensuite and all.

Try again.

EDIT:

@Ayumu

Move it to gen chat if you like.

Edited by Korrode

The most recent account of this is Lucky_Paladin from Guild Wing, who today decided to start serping Violater's (wWw member) spawn simply for being attacked in Kilaran Field.

I really don't want to get involved in this, and I don't condone what lucky did, but this claim seems a little one-sided. Why is it fair for one player to say "this thing that I do isn't bad" and then say: "this thing that dat guy does is bad, because it was done in response to something I have deemed acceptable.."

Dont some guilds allow spawn serping of red tags ? (lame I know but it happens)

Maybe. Wing has no red tags anyway.

#edit: reworded.

Edited by Shujral

Is this nub for real? :P:)

wow epic lifestyle you have there popeye.. can i haz fr33 pizza?

I really don't want to get involved in this, and I don't condone what lucky did, but this claim seems a little one-sided. Why is it fair for one player to say "this thing that I do isn't bad"

Because the game administration deemed what Violater did (PK'ing in a PK map) as non-outlaw.

3. PK-related complaints will be deleted unless the issue is about lying, luring, and/or scamming, and is the main issue, not the getting PK'd. Again proof IS required up front.

...so really the only question is; Is single spawn serping outlaw?

Edited by Korrode