Eternal Lands Official Forums
korrode

PK'ing in PK maps is not a crime

I am through wasting my time explaining to people that if they go in PK maps they risk being PK'ed and that responding with BRoD'ing or spawn serping for simply being Player Killed in a Player Killing map is ridiculous.

It's bad enough that people do this for being PK'ed on hydro runs but to do it for being attacked in KF, which is No Drop, is especially insane.

The most recent account of this is Lucky_Paladin from Guild Wing, who today decided to start serping Violater's (wWw member) spawn simply for being attacked in Kilaran Field.

...this is the kind of crap i am no longer going to even enter into discussions with people about, from now on they'll be asked once to stop via #ig, linked to this post, and if they don't stop i'll just add them and their guild to our shitlist.

lots of love,

Korrode.

Warlords (wWw) co-GM.

Edited by Korrode

The way we see PK is just something makes us excited and gets our nerves :D We dont PK to hurt people, thats why we have never used brod in PK's unless we are broded (dont even bitch us coz we give back the favor). And PK is PK, what happens in KF, stays there. I have attacked alot of my friends in KF, i can even give examples but i have never lost my friedship with them (at least not the freaks that takes EL more serious than RL).

Thats how guild Warlords (wWw) see PK.

Best regards,

Kaddy. (Co-GM of wWw)

Reason for EDIT# typos

Edited by Kaddy

It's bad enough that people do this for being PK'ed on hydro runs but to do it for being attacked in KF, which is No Drop, is especially insane.

I don't PK but well said...

If I get attacked in PK -that's my fault for being caught there.

The most recent account of this is Lucky_Paladin from Guild Wing, who today decided to start serping Violater's (wWw member) spawn simply for being attacked in Kilaran Field.

Dont some guilds allow spawn serping of red tags ? (lame I know but it happens)

what happens in KF, stays there.

<3 Kaddy

Truest thing ever said... but sadly as in all walks of life, there are always going to be the odd F*Tard :D

Dont some guilds allow spawn serping of red tags ? (lame I know but it happens)

I dont know, but if some guilds allow the serping of 'standard enemies' (i.e. people who just attack, not brod, etc.) then calling them "lame" is an understatement.

Could you imagine if everyone spawn serped anyone who attacked them in KF?

Your spawn can be serped for no reason, not only as a revenge for being killed.

A blue message saying that you do not own a spawn encourages that even.

Anyway:

1. All initial posts (the post that starts the thread) MUST include valid proof such as a screenshot or unedited logs. Any accusation without proof will immediately be deleted. Repeat transgressions WILL be addressed.

Is the serping of a single spawn no longer considered 'Outlaw' by the community? ...so, if i go around tomorrow and serp everyone the majority of them will have no problem with it?

...cause the majority of people have no problem being attacked in PK, just a few tards... but you know as well as i do the it's not the same with single spawn serping.

EDIT:

oh and if anyone wants chatlog's in regard to Lucky_Paladin's actions i'm more than happy to provide them.

EDIT2:

i didn't and haven't provided proof of any kind because it's just an example, and not the point of this thread. The thread is a general address, i don't generally post about single incidents in Disputes.

Edited by Korrode

A blue message saying that you do not own a spawn encourages that even.

Anyway:

1. All initial posts (the post that starts the thread) MUST include valid proof such as a screenshot or unedited logs. Any accusation without proof will immediately be deleted. Repeat transgressions WILL be addressed.

Cruella whats your point in here? If you dont own a spawn, i will serp any spawn you have from now on if you want.

Ever heard of community rules? Being nice? :D

EDIT# Oh btw i <3 you too Con :D

Edited by Kaddy

I think Cruella tried to say, that spawn could be serped without any relation to PKing.

But nontheless, serping spawn for being PKed? Seriously, people, this made my day :D

It takes some thinking to see my point I guess :D

So translating into simple words that can be understood :

Serping spawn is bad no matter what is a reason for that, not only in case described by Korrode - that's my point no. 1

The post does not meet requirements - that's my point no. 2

Guest Trojan_Knight

In my opinion if your a enemy, you shall be treated like one to the fullest extent. This may include things such as serping of your members spawns, bag jumping your members bags, brod'n them, bod'n them, harrassing them in a manner that does not get you banned from game, and many other things. However, how one guild may decide to make another guild a enemy guild is simply up to that guild. And I imagine each guild will be different on how they decide this.

Another example, all of the enemies my guild has. Are not a result from pk. Because if you enter pk, your entering with the idea of knowing your going to die. So because of this, I find just cause for the above paragraph (being all outcomes on how a person / guild became a enemy are not from entering a pk map and being pkD. Rather are from other issues like you stared at me to long). Serping is not lame, by any means its more / less a tool used to distract, ubstruct, the training or farming of a enemy. Which is a plus for you. Just as anything else I stated in the above paragraph.

Years ago when i was in the 20,30, a/d i would sit around the DP arena and watch the pkers. Back then the honorable thing was to ask a nuetral color tag for a freindly fight or announce that you will attack them before you did give them a heads up.

That all seemed to change awhile ago. And this is were you guys run into problems. People still get mad when they are there and you come in with 5 or 6 guildies and kill 1 or 2 people without announcement.

I dont think that people get mad that they get killed but they would still like alittle honor or respect not just irrogant attitudes and bragging.

The above is not a jab at you Korrode but many guilds dont announce and attack at will. And i feel they often get the same result. So nothing against www your not the ones that started the pk this way.

Edited by Scorpion_King

[21:54:49] [PM from Lucky_Paladin: lmao >.< i need to do it... His the one who attack me with a JS when i was on a fluff, after he says that he was trying me >.<?? still my foult..]

[21:55:28] [PM to Lucky_Paladin: u serped him for being attacked in a PK map, a no drops PK map for that matter, it's ridiculous and unwarranted.]

[21:55:34] [PM from Lucky_Paladin: his the one who started it i did end id with kill 3 of his training monster >.<]

Happy Cru?

This covers both your points, as it shows the specific reason he serped was for being attacked in KF.

From WWW website:

"Guild Warlords does not support, endorse or enforce any supposed "EL community rules" that are in specific regard to not PK'ing people when they are in PK areas for certain reasons."

http://s1.zetaboards.com/warlords/topic/556446/1/

Given that WWW don't care about some community standards they are by their own admission outlaws.

Thus why do they even bother to complain in these forum ? As I understand it these forums is for those that abide by these standards not for those that do not follow the community standards.

Edited by Silvatica

Thanks for pointing that out Silvatica, it's quite old and i need to change it.

The community was instructed that PK'ing doesn't = Outlaw when this forum changed name to "Disputes" and the rule of:

3. PK-related complaints will be deleted unless the issue is about lying, luring, and/or scamming, and is the main issue, not the getting PK'd. Again proof IS required up front.

was made... i'll go change it :D

Perhaps you'd like to make a poll in general chat and see if the bulk of the community actually does think PK'ing = outlaw, i'd certainly be interested to see the results.

The way I see it (and this is as a player):

Nobody owes anybody an explanation or justification for pking in a pk map. It is a PK map, designed for players to walk in and kill whoever they please whenever they please however they please.

If by some chance you are LUCKY enough to run into people there who don't, or people give you a heads up about their policies, again you are LUCKY.

This isn't about community rules or standards or whatever, those are made up by people who want a reason to venture in safely and who want a right to feel outraged when it's not safe. Hydro ore was not put there to be safe because of community rules, neither was the mercury, or the convenient fluffy/whatever spawns/whatever you want that is in a pk map.

It is a PK map. It's really simple. If you do not like the principle, stay out like I do or go prepared to die. If you do go in and don't die, you are LUCKY.

I dont think that people get mad that they get killed but they would still like alittle honor or respect not just irrogant attitudes and bragging.

This is so true. I'm glad there are still some people who share such feeling. A meaning of "honorable pk" has either changed or faded away at all during last year in many cases. There are surely some guilds that still apply same standards but they seem to be in minority. The game has changed, or the people?

As to what community thinks - it is clear to me after comparing guild rules for just a few well known guilds in EL that so called community does not share a common view on pking (and many other aspects of the game actually). Policies differ from "total pacifist" to "total outlaw" with everything in between. What is considered normal in guild A is outlaw in guild B. All we can do is either respect the differences or go Trojan Knight's way.

Policies not only differ from guild to guild, but from individual to individual. As a noob (in regards to PK ) who enjoys going to KF I have found that if you die with dignity you will earn the respect of people eventually. If you dont like it dont go.... no-one forces you to go there.

Starlite

Edited by willowleaf

Policies not only differ from guild to guild, but from individual to individual. As a noob (in regards to PK ) who enjoys going to KF I have found that if you die with dignity you will earn the respect of people eventually. If you dont like it dont go.... no-one forces you to go there.

Starlite

Very true Star, you dont really PK alot but you are sitting in KF more than me :) It's just sad to see people are complaining after they die in PK's coz they are PK'ed and server actually warns you twice that its a PLAYER KILLING map.

can i just say the reason i get pi55ed off when attacked during a hydro run is because the reason im going there is to make hydro bars which in turn make your stinking armors

if you didnt have hydro runners you wouldnt have the nice armors you ''need'' for your PKing exploits

so tbh i still think attacking hydro runners is a pants thing to do

thanks then

*edit* say some guilds in EL might want to know about the people that attack hydro runners ??

Edited by Ateh

can i just say the reason i get pi55ed off when attacked during a hydro run is because the reason im going there is to make hydro bars which in turn make your stinking armors

if you didnt have hydro runners you wouldnt have the nice armors you ''need'' for your PKing exploits

so tbh i still think attacking hydro runners is a shyte thing to do

thanks and fuvm

A little offtopic but if you guys manuers have a unity, you could rule EL. How will it work? let me give you an example, if you havent sold anything to the tard that attacks you while hydro run, you would see if anyone ever attacks you again...

so tbh i still think attacking hydro runners is a pants thing to do

thanks then

*edit* say some guilds in EL might want to know about the people that attack hydro runners ??

It's pk there for a reason, it wasn't meant for people to safely harvest hydro, and you should expect to be attacked on a PK map.

If i remember correct Ent put that hydro there in an efford to stimulate teamplay. Pkers would patrol or try to control the hydro route and because of that hydrorunners would need other Pkers to guard them. It didn't work out that way but still...hydro was put in a dangerous place for a reason.

As for ppl whining about being Pked: I dont listen to it anymore.

If people pm me and ask why i pked them i just give them a "because i can?" or a :)

To me PK is just fun and nothing personal...just too bad a lot of people don't see it that way.

Edited by Ambrosius

I personally think some part of it, is a misuse of terminology.

Getting dressed in full armor and entering a combat map, is not pk.

This is PvP, player vs player combat. For EL, and as it appears, only EL

has converted this word to mean boxing for hours without the desire

to end the contest, a friendly low damage event for experience.

Player Kill, on the other hand, is slaughtering "lowbies on mobs", "on hydro runs"

and other such activities. [On the 'PK' (should be PvP server) this should be

more apparent.] At no point is this combat expected to last

more than a few seconds before the victim dies and drops the loot.

Part of the problem is most of EL is not PvP(PK), therefore its treated by a

rather inexperienced RPG group as nearly another game, but not part of

EL proper. Therefore the game is played by total pacifists as well as those

who wish to fight with one another.

Perhaps if the server was made mostly (PK\PvP) like the PK server, the

pacifists would take a new look at befriending fighters for defense alone.

The game would lose its pure pacisfist population but you can't have

"happy joy joy fun hugz timez" and "war war kill em all" existing perfectly in

one game. But you would have paladins and such 'defending the weak' and

what not, hell it may bring mak-us-wreck back :) so many weak people to save.

Spawn serping would be solved by this, which is a cowardly response to

being unable to defeat your enemy in a combat map. Albeit its the only response

to punish a non pk guild, after a dispute, making everything PvP solves this.

translated to interwebs-gee-dawg:

roflmao n00b joos got pks in a pks map, nao u go cryin bout it? lawlz.