Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
HereticEast

Rationality

does reasoning or coordination have any effect on crit % or is it just A/D difference? seemed like i was killing things too fast but had the right amount of p/c. though i had 4 more on reasoning too. so if you use a lot of reasoning and instinct you have to cut coordination?

Edited by HereticEast

Cood and reason both let you land a hit better

Coordination adds Might which makes more damage

yeah i know that but does it increase the % of critical hits you get which cause more dmg? i was training on chinstraps with p/c 8/14 and they were going down in 5-6 shots. i also had 4 more on reasoning

Edited by HereticEast

It doesn't increase the chance of crit-hits.

...and i assume penguins dont have armor bonus, just toughness, so rolling crit-dmg wouldn't result in the big dmg hits that are seen on higher creatures anyways.

ok thanks. it seemed like they were going down faster without me adding dmg. same with Pumas.

Well if it's coord you added then you did add damage, and if it was reas probably they just dodged more of your hits before than they do now.

does reasoning or coordination have any effect on crit % or is it just A/D difference? seemed like i was killing things too fast but had the right amount of p/c. though i had 4 more on reasoning too. so if you use a lot of reasoning and instinct you have to cut coordination?

If you have more instinct and reasoning, you need to lower coordination and increase physique. Those attributes would each change by equal amounts. That is if you are trying to match someone's "perfect" formula which probably didn't event consider more than just p/c and simply neglected the rest.

Look up the sub-attributes. If a "perfect" formula uses main attributes instead of sub-attributes, there may be something wrong.

+4 reason

+4 instinct

-4 coord

+4 physique

There is an example for ya.

Coordination also adjusts the damage done. That is why you increase physique.

Oh.....and by the way, take whatever guidance you get for perfect formulas with a grain of salt. Different people fight different ways and some prefer fast kills (hogging the spawns) and some prefer slow kills (and can share the spawn). Different armors and weapons also adjust things. In short, no formula for combat is perfect for everyone even if it is perfect for some. There are too many variables.

If you have more instinct and reasoning, you need to lower coordination and increase physique. Those attributes would each change by equal amounts. That is if you are trying to match someone's "perfect" formula which probably didn't event consider more than just p/c and simply neglected the rest.

not necessarily. i've been doing that and probably would have been better off with 4 more coordination instead of physique. it depends on if you really need the hp and toughness. with extra reaction and dexterity you are not as affected by bad astro for hits and blocks right? i think it's better to go a little over... and then put on more P later when you need the hp for bigger restores. i can only comment on where i'm at now and on bad astro male orcs hit me for 3 crits and if i had 20/20 pc instead of 24/16 i would probably be getting hit less on bad astro.... otherwise i'm fine on male orcs.

not necessarily. i've been doing that and probably would have been better off with 4 more coordination instead of physique. it depends on if you really need the hp and toughness. with extra reaction and dexterity you are not as affected by bad astro for hits and blocks right? i think it's better to go a little over... and then put on more P later when you need the hp for bigger restores. i can only comment on where i'm at now and on bad astro male orcs hit me for 3 crits and if i had 20/20 pc instead of 24/16 i would probably be getting hit less on bad astro.... otherwise i'm fine on male orcs.

I was referring to keeping the reaction, dexterity and might sub-attributes at the same levels as was in whatever "formula". I mentioned that different people like to do things differently. I myself prefer more coordination than physique for an average fighter/mixer character. Having 10/12 at an early time in the character's life and 20/24 at a later time in the character's life.

By the way, if you want training advice and not advice on how to maintain a special formula for fighting a specific critter, you should try posting all your attributes, weapon and armor used. Otherwise, attempts at giving you advice would be a shot in the dark. Mention the monster you plan to fight and your attack, defense and magic levels too.

By the way, if you want training advice and not advice on how to maintain a special formula for fighting a specific critter, you should try posting all your attributes, weapon and armor used. Otherwise, attempts at giving you advice would be a shot in the dark. Mention the monster you plan to fight and your attack, defense and magic levels too.

thanks... i would have done that but i really only wanted to know if dexterity increased the % on crits. the second question was related to the first. i should have put a 'for this reason' to avoid confusion. so the answer is no and i can put on all the reasoning i want without killing stuff faster.... excellent.

thanks... i would have done that but i really only wanted to know if dexterity increased the % on crits. the second question was related to the first. i should have put a 'for this reason' to avoid confusion. so the answer is no and i can put on all the reasoning i want without killing stuff faster.... excellent.

Ah. Awsome. Happy training to you.

By the way, ticklemonster has 4/4/16/48/10/4 p/c/r/w/i/v and 31/33 a/d and trains on goblins, skeletons and spiders, if that helps. He does this in augmented leather, iron helm, leather boots, unicorn medallion. He uses restore from time to time, but does not need it on goblins. His shield spell does help a bit too. I hope this extra bit of info is useful to you.

http://game.eternal-lands.com/view_user.ph...r=ticklemonster