Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Awards system

Only problem with awards only 1 person can have is that there will come abuse for sure to be the only one with the award. If there comes awards, it should be awards that everyone can obtain.

I have a few ideas, but I am looking for new ideas as well.

1. Monster Slayer. The number of monstrs killed times the combat level of those monsters.

2. Invasion Cleaner. Similar as above, but for invasion monsters.

I would suggest slightly modified formula: number of kills x (monster's CL / player's CL)

3. Instancer. Same, but with instance monsters.

Since in instance all is about teamwork, a formula could be (number of kills x monster's CL) / number of players. This way each team member would get same score

I can't agree more. Well thought out Cruella. Monster CL/Player CL is good way to ensure that even when killing one thousand invaded goblins, it means nothing for someone with a/d 100+ than killing ten chimerans. As to instances, there is a teamwork, and a very good one, if I am considering the last four I was participating. So there is a point in this. However, that way, there will be many players with the same amount of kills, just because number of monsters in one instance varies just a little.

Edited by Khalai

Best Alcher: The value of enriched essies / alchemy lvl

Best Manuer: The value of rare products / manu lvl

As far as I know, is it easier to make rare with low level than higher - a level 20 alc makes more EFEs than a level 100 - I might be wrong ??

Best Alcher: The value of enriched essies / alchemy lvl

Best Manuer: The value of rare products / manu lvl

As far as I know, is it easier to make rare with low level than higher - a level 20 alc makes more EFEs than a level 100 - I might be wrong ??

I never heared something like that before.

I was waiting for my first EFE for over 24k FE's . Now I'm getting them more often. I guess there are 3 factors more important than your alchemy level - your make rare astro, whether you have artificer cape/perk or not and last but not least your luck.

Radu mentioned recently that he adjusts the chance of making them and sometimes sets it to 0 (and I believe he said that the changes happen at server restarts). You might have picked a bad time to try.

Edited by Puntif

Ummm how bout ...

Playmate of the Month for the person who is matched most by Gossip for pvp or mana ping pong.

Elmer Fudd Award for any person who has killed xxx amount of rabbits/fluffies.

Sharpshooter for the person who has the most consecutive ranging hits. (or for making xxx amount of successful ranging hits).

Harvester of Doom for the person who has been teled to kf the most.

Butterfingers for the person who has the highest amount of mixing failures.

The Ghoul for the player who eats the most bones.

The Pacifist for the player with the highest oa but the lowest a/d.

Unibomber for the player who has planted the most landmines.

Satan's GF/BF for the person who has been hellspawned the most.

Wile E Coyote for the person who has made everything there is to make in engineering.

:closedeyes:

Thanks for the suggestions. Cruella's idea with the formula adjustment is good and makes sense.

I also like Dawench's ideas (some of them).

However, please note that the purpose of the awards is to give an award for something special that takes some effort. Harvesting events (positive and negative) don't make much sense to include in an award, because they are not a matter of skill. Same thing with the rare makes.

The number of items made is interesting, but it is hard to implement properly, especially across the skills. For example, who is more pr0? Someone who makes 100K FEs a month, or somone who makes 20 uni hoods?

And one more thing: I don't want awards that are easy to manipulate.

However, please note that the purpose of the awards is to give an award for something special that takes some effort. Harvesting events (positive and negative) don't make much sense to include in an award, because they are not a matter of skill. Same thing with the rare makes.

It might be fun to give an award to the really unlucky persons, for example, most pickaxes broken. That is hard to cheat, because if you're harvesting stuff which doesnt require a pickaxe, you will never win be the top pickaxe destroyer award.

The number of items made is interesting, but it is hard to implement properly, especially across the skills. For example, who is more pr0? Someone who makes 100K FEs a month, or somone who makes 20 uni hoods?

And one more thing: I don't want awards that are easy to manipulate.

Agreed, what's more pr0, 100k FE's or 20 cloaks. Hard to decide.

My thoughts about the awards is, there can even be some funny ones. If someone is really going the claim the award of the village idiot, why not? Might be worth a good laugh :D

IMO there can be, for example, awards for the mightiest fluffy killer and the poor guy, who broke the most leather gloves while harvesting sulfur.

And everybody knows, that the title of a mighty fluffy killer is much more worth than the title of the poor guy, who broke the most leather gloves while harving sulfur.

Well, just my thoughts :icon13:

Piper

Edit: My english sucks today >.<

Edited by The_Piper

I hope unlike the att/def etc page, no rankings will be allowed to be private, seems a waste if you go to all the trouble of programming it, just for half the names to be blanked out.

Anyhow award ideas:

Another Brick in the wall Award : Most rostogol stones lost

"I Tawt I Taw A Puddy Tat" Award: Most deaths by Leo

" If I kiss enough one will be a Prince" Award : Most Toads eaten

Edited by conavar

In the spirit of some of the more amusing suggestions:

I can't decide - for the person with the most unused pick-points.

Something easily measureable, easy to compare, that could be applied for any skill would be exp gain over time. So we could have:

Fighter of The Month (sum of a/d exp gained per month)

Mage of the Month (sum of magic exp gained per month)

Harvester of the Month (sum of magic exp gained per month)

Let's say three people with the most exp could be getting special points, and the person with the highest score could earn XXXX of The Year title after 12 months.

There could be also a cumulative score for thins like Producer (harv+manu+crafting) or Allrounder (OA exp) etc.

1. Monster Slayer. The number of monstrs killed times the combat level of those monsters.

4. Best Farmer. The total of gold coins dropped by the killed monsters.

gz marro!

The thing is, if I make the fluffy killer award, then the Yeti killers will want one, the Feros people will want one, and so on.

I suggested a BUNNY killer award, which includes brown/white/fluffy rabbits, so even a noob can win it by slaughtering loads of brown rabbits on IP, or a pro fighter who trains on fluffies. But i got your idea, then the ppl who train on foxes, ogres, whatever want an award too.

If you only want a few awards in game, a bunny/ogre/fox/whatever killer/slaugtherer/slayer/king award is crap, agreed.

If you want more awards/titles in game, that some more ppl have the chance to get such an award (just for fun), it might be worth to think about such awards.

And cheating for such an award, like who killed the most stuff is more or less hard. You still have to hunt the rabbits/ogres/fluffies, even if you are training on dragons, the rabbits still hop away, no matter if you can kill them with one hit or not.

Well, the idea of having awards/titles ppl could gain is good imo, that might be funny.

Piper, Lord of the rats, slayer of cyclops and ebul fluffy eater :icon13:

It might be fun to give an award to the really unlucky persons, for example, most pickaxes broken. That is hard to cheat, because if you're harvesting stuff which doesnt require a pickaxe, you will never win be the top pickaxe destroyer award.

I think that "fluffy" awards could add game some spirit. I think about these rather like title for person not an award actually (so the prize should be minor or none). Like The Piper said it would be nice to visualise such titles in game maybe even under player nick with small font. My ideas such "The Leprechaun", "The Jackass" and The Piper idea "LOTR" and similar ideas could introduce nice role playing/fun into game. For example:

• "LOTR" prize idea - The one ring
    after use:
    - user flee from battle (if user is fighting)
    - user cast invisibility
    - inflict mana burn on user
    - can be used once per EL day
    - disappears every time next one is given as prize(there could be only one into game!)
  • "The Leprechaun" - story - You collected so many coins left by Leprechauns so as the punishment you has turned into leprechaun (just model change) by Mother Nature. (to next time when prize is given)
  • "The Jackass" - is just funny - You used to many shape shifting ability and becomes donkey (just model change) (to next time when prize is given)

Of course storing data for many kinds of player activities could require many more cpu power and place to store data and if so then its not necessary into game.

Anyway There could be nice that any award (major or minor) would have a nice (role play) title and be visible near player nick. For example : "The Mortos blade", "The Aluwen shield", "The Knight of The Moon"... etc. . So with the "fluffy" awards we could introduce to game players titled like: "The butter finger", "The shaman", "The Cannibal"... and many more. Minor awards could have grey colour and major could have gold colour or so. Wouldn't it be nice when you could run into titled person? I think it really could add some nice spirit into game.

--

Sorry for bad english

OnyXa

...Harvesting events (positive and negative) don't make much sense to include in an award, because they are not a matter of skill.

I beg to differ. The absolute number of harvesting events directly relates to the absolute number of items harvested.

It takes a LOT of dedication to harvest millions of items...mostly because of exactly said events. And we have some really dedicated harvesters in EL :)

Brick Supplier: Player with the most rostogol stones in storage.

Uber Leveler: Person whos leveled up the most in one day (start the leveling at like level 40~) so that 0-30 won't be abused.

Fools Gold: Person with the most gold coins in storage

PK Pr0: Person with the most Pki points gathered within a week. (reset them weekly :icon13:)

I Eat All People: Person whos been on speed hax the longest.

Alchemy Master: Person who has alched the most items ingame. (possibly excluding FE)

I was thinking maybe along with all these 'person who does best/most' awards, we could have awards that every person would be able to get, which wouldnt need to reset due to competition. Was thinking kinda like the achievements/trophies in xbox360 and PS3. Like 'Make 1000 FEs' and other set goal awards like that

Just another thought, a system of orders, donated by teh god (who else? :P)

The idea is not to give something like an award or a title to someone for a very special thing, but for groups of things players can do. The orders will just differ in their difficulty, what you have to do to earn to be a member of such an order.

In these orders, there are ranks. The more you do, the higher your rank will be.

For example, ranks can be (in every order):

o volunteer

o squire

o fighter

o warrior

o knight

o captain

o general

o master

o archmaster

Orders can be, and they are *dealing* with:

o Order of the green meadow

bunnies, rats, beavers, low leveled flowers, fire and earth essences, mana and healing potions, crafting thread, making fur gloves, fur hats, fur cloaks, leather gloves, casting heal spells and remote heal spells.

o Order of the dark forest

deers, foxes, wolf, higher leveled flowers and some mushrooms, air, water,matter essences, polishing gems, making leather armor, casting shield, poison, teleport to range.

o Order of the bone

boars, goblins, skeletons, gargoyles, mushrooms of any kind, poison ivy, wormwood, energy, life, death and health essences, making rings, making iron swords, iron broad swords, iron chain mails.

o Order of the rock.

and so on and so on, the last order might be then

o Order of the volcano

killing dragons and giants, harvesting dung and hydro, making magic swords etc.

Now about the ranks in an order, for example, the order of the green meadow.

o volunteer - 200

o squire - 500

o fighter - 1.000

o warrior - 1.700

o knight - 2.500

o captain - 3.500

o general - 7.000

o master - 12.000

o archmaster - 20.000

So, the order of the green meadow deals with rabbits, rats, easy flowers, easy essences, easy magic spells, fur stuff and such.

To become a volunteer of the order of the green meadow make in total 200 of those. Kill rabbits, pick flowers, cast spells, make fur stuff, make fire essences, no matter how much you make of any, but when you have done/made/casted 200 in total of them, you reach the rank of a volunteer of the order of the green meadow.

To become a squire of the order of the green meadow, make/harvest/kill/cast/etc. at least 500 of those.

And so it's 1.000 for becoming a fighter, 1.700 for a warrior, 2.500 for a knight, 3.500 for a catpain, 7.000 for a general and so on.

How to level up from a lower order to a higher one?

Simple, you just do the stuff, which qualifies you to become a volunteer of that order. Let's say, you are a captain of the order of the green meadow and for becoming a volunteer of the order of the dark forest, the number is 1000, you need to kill/make/harvest/cast 1000 of the things the order of the dark forest is related to and you automagically get promoted from a captain of the green meadow to a volunteer of the order of the dark forest.

The nice thing of such an order system is, everybody can get a rank in an order, even a newbie, but we all know what which rank in which order is worth.

But we dont know for what that player got that title for. A strong figher? Or just a good harvester with high carry load? Or a stinking rich trader, which has his pockets full with summoning stones and knows how to use them, if youre still looking at his butt to find out, what he is?

About the ranks, right, they all look like fighter titles, but that are just names. Keep in mind, that, for example, Bill Gates and Bono are Knights of the British Empire, but i can't remember them fighting in a joust to proof, that they are real knights.

Conclusion of this suggestion is:

An order/rank system like a pyramid.

The higher the order is and the higher the rank in that order is, the more rare it is, but you dont know why that player earned that rank.

I have never seen Bill Gates slaying 20.000 fluffies to earn his title, so he might have done something different :P

Thoughts? Ideas? Or just flame away, so the forum mods have somthing to delete :P

My 2 cents :)

Piper

Maybe to divide initiative in two directions: one is top list of people best in this and that and so. Second is to add character flags like Unfaithfull, or DB Raider, or so?

:lurker:

Something that only bkc56 seems to have realized, but:

Keep in mind that if such system will be implemented, everything will be counted since the implementation, the past stats are unavailable.

I certainly wouldn't presume to speak for so many people, but I can guarantee that many top players in any individual skill will hate the thought of losing all the merit they've earned through, sometimes, years of playing and levelling. *thinks of giove's many million magess effort poofed* . Some will surely say: fair play, roll-back to 0 - but the lion's share will undoubtedly wish to keep their past rankings, if not included in the new system, at least able to be viewed separately.

Xena

:P