Eternal Lands Official Forums
Entropy

Awards system

I was thinking (just thinking, no guarantees it will be implemented or when), to make an awards system in EL.

It will function similar to the top players page, except that it will be more thought out and harder (if not impossible) to abuse.

Keep in mind that if such system will be implemented, everything will be counted since the implementation, the past stats are unavailable.

I have a few ideas, but I am looking for new ideas as well.

1. Monster Slayer. The number of monstrs killed times the combat level of those monsters.

2. Invasion Cleaner. Similar as above, but for invasion monsters.

3. Instancer. Same, but with instance monsters.

4. Best Farmer. The total of gold coins dropped by the killed monsters.

5. Best Philanthropist. There will be an NPC where you can donate items for different (bullshit) charities. Stuff like Save the homeless dwarves, Feed the poor gnome children, etc. There will be many items to donate (stuff that Trick doesn't buy for example), and the awards are calcualted using a formula such as items times their price.

So, any other ideas? Remember, it should be very hard or impossible to abuse, so stuff like pvp based awards are out.

\o best harvester per harvestable \o/

Top Lenny Slayers perhaps?

Would love to see something for various mixing skills along similar lines, tried to think of some similar, but... mixing doesn't really have things that can be the equivalent of combat level, drops, invasions/instances which makes it difficult. Only option I can think of for mixing skills is... well, the top 50 lists as they are, heh.

I have to wonder... won't Monster Slayers turn out to be about the same as the top 50 a/d-ers (even though it doesn't include pk/pvp)?

oh I've been waiting for this for years!!But..mind you..not level based..not all anyways..

I like to see..

Mad Manu Award..for the one who has madly made most manuable items..

Acronising Alchemist...for the one who is maniacly making most magic essences..

I muist have more..lol..but Im sure others have ideas too :)

JezeBelle

Mad Mistress of W&W

Would love to see something for various mixing skills along similar lines, tried to think of some similar, but... mixing doesn't really have things that can be the equivalent of combat level, drops, invasions/instances which makes it difficult. Only option I can think of for mixing skills is... well, the top 50 lists as they are, heh.

Most enchanted ess made

Most special weapons/armor made

Most stones found from harvest

Most broken picks

Secret Finder- most secret places found

The Explorer- like the secret finder. But the person who has visited the most of EL (physically been there)

The traitor? Been in the most guilds

Best Fire starter- Made the most fire essies

Ultimate Jokester:

Person with the most Joker finds

Only reasonable if Joker doesn't have a fixed list of locations. Otherwise it's just a matter of the person that checks them all as often as possible.

Most of the initial ideas seem to be focused on fighters. I think all the skills should be represented.

For those skills where you make things, what about a ranking based on the average number of all types of items made for a skill? So to even qualify, you have to have made at least one of every item possible for that skill (excluding random enhanced items). Then it's a simple average of how many of each items has been made for the ranking.

To prevent someone from (for example) making nothing but FEs after making one of each essence and bar (alchemy), the average could be weighted based on the difficulty of the item made. So mixing one hydro bar may be the equivalent of many K of FEs in the average.

The same calculations could be applied to harvesting (at least one of everything, and then an average or weighted average for ranking).

Same for magic (one of each spell to qualify, average of all spells cast for ranking).

One question: will such a ranking be calculated including history (what people have mixed or done since they started playing) or would it start from zero at some start-date?

I have rather funny ideas:

Butterfingers award - most ingredients lost while mixing div total item mixed

Ultimate shaman/tripper - most deaths via poison (by eating toadstools) or most toadstools eaten

Sleepy head award - most death while being afk

Bee keeper award - most hp lost by being stung by a bee (Honey bee should be as the award :))

Edited by knufasz

Here's a few

Nature's Hell walker - Most deaths while killed by random events

The ### Hoard - Person with the most ###

Master trader - Most trades with gold coins for something of equal value (might not work)

The Nurse/Doctor - Most successful remote heals used

I Love Stone Pets - Person who uses the most summoning stones

o Queen of Natures darling - most blessings from Queen of Nature

o Rabbit Dominator - killed the most brown/white/fluffy rabbits

o Dark Ant Queen/King - killed the most ants

o Jokers Idiot - found Joker the most time, but had no slot free in inv to get the price (ok, that might be abuseable)

o Locum of Scotty - used the most telepads, tele-spells, tele-rings

o LOTR - used the most rings of any kind

o Hardcore Vegan - ate the most veggies/fruits/toadies, but never cooked meat or feasting pots

An idea how to use it in game:

When you click on someone using the eye cursor, the message you get includes that players award:

You see: Greypal, Queen of Natures darling, Dark Ant King and Rabbit Dominator

I like that idea, gives ppl more things to compete :)

Piper

Edit:

o King of quests - has finished all quests in game

o Caveman - has visited the most caves in game

o Sailor - has used the most boats to travel

o Stargazer - had the most time a good astro

o Gambler - won the lottery most

o maintenance worker - donated the most to Masterul Manole (yeah, easy to abuse, but brings stuff out of the game :) )

o pr0 farmer - sold the most veggies/fruits to NPC's

o pr0 gardener - sold the most flowers to NPC's

o pr0 butcher - sold the most meat, furs, antlers to NPC's

o pr0 ghoul - ate the most bones

o pr0 bookworm - read the most books

o pr0 illiterate - sold the most books to NPC's

Edited by The_Piper

Few more:

The Leprechaun - most gold coins found while harvesting (the prize could be to turn player model into leprechaun model)

Jackass award - for person who was longest time turned into a donkey (the prize could be to turn player modle into donkey model but whithout emu increase)

The Posh - for person who have most different clothes into storage

Secret keeper - person who made most number of hyber bags

The Invisible Man - person who was longest time invisible

Druid - most quantity of harvested herbs

Hawk eye - most exp gained by single shot (should be reseted every month or two weeks)

The Canibal - most bones eated

The trader - max(gc gained minus gc spend while trading with npcs)

The Coward - most time flee from battle

Edited by knufasz

Change Your ISP: Player with the most grues

Ultimate Jokester:

Person with the most Joker finds

Only reasonable if Joker doesn't have a fixed list of locations. Otherwise it's just a matter of the person that checks them all as often as possible.

Ya, with fixed locations u may as well just hardcode "Ena" as the Ultimate Jokester :P

Too bad mini-rosto never worked out so we could have way less abusable PvP one(s) :(

Edited by Korrode

Change Your ISP: Player with the most grues

So sweet, an award just for me \o/

I really like the idea, the top one so far imho is

The Nurse/Doctor - Most successful remote heals used (from Cho) An award for helping others, that would be awesome!

Knowing that the devil always hits on the biggest pile, I'd like to pose the following question to most if not all suggestions above anyways:

Why would you want to give the people with the best luck an award for it on top of it?

PS: The charity idea from post one need not be "bullshit" going to the void, make it "pay" for slightly enhancing the stuff the tutorial NPC gives out to newbies for the first quest.

Knowing that the devil always hits on the biggest pile, I'd like to pose the following question to most if not all suggestions above anyways:

Why would you want to give the people with the best luck an award for it on top of it?

Why not? Would it hurt the game or anyone?

PS: The charity idea from post one need not be "bullshit" going to the void, make it "pay" for slightly enhancing the stuff the tutorial NPC gives out to newbies for the first quest.

I think, the newbies are fine with the price they get from the quests.

It is not that hard to get stuff in game and make a living IMO.

At least, i am fine.

Just my 2 cents :P

Piper

I have a few ideas, but I am looking for new ideas as well.

1. Monster Slayer. The number of monstrs killed times the combat level of those monsters.

2. Invasion Cleaner. Similar as above, but for invasion monsters.

I would suggest slightly modified formula: number of kills x (monster's CL / player's CL)

3. Instancer. Same, but with instance monsters.

Since in instance all is about teamwork, a formula could be (number of kills x monster's CL) / number of players. This way each team member would get same score

4. Best Farmer. The total of gold coins dropped by the killed monsters.

Hmmm... dropped or picked up ? I do not really like this one tbh - unless we want to promote farming.

5. Best Philanthropist. There will be an NPC where you can donate items for different (bullshit) charities. Stuff like Save the homeless dwarves, Feed the poor gnome children, etc. There will be many items to donate (stuff that Trick doesn't buy for example), and the awards are calcualted using a formula such as items times their price

Great idea but as it has been already suggested in other thread it would be great to go a step further and have the NPC that offers certain benefits (special day, invasion, etc.) if the EL community donates certain number of items.

My ideas:

Best Killer: The highest damage (in HP) dealt over period of time / player's CL

Best Healer: The highest HP restore (heal, remote heal, restoration) / player's magic lvl

Best Ranger: The highest damage (in HP) dealt over period of time / player's ranging lvl

Best Harvester: The value of rare stones / harvest lvl

Best Alcher: The value of enriched essies / alchemy lvl

Best Manuer: The value of rare products / manu lvl

and finally

Best Channel 6 Spammer Award !!! :P