Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
SquE

ip banned

I was running around in votd and saw the desdamona ceremony, was starting a small discussion there. All people directly flamed me and stuff, (Well, I did nothing against the rules IMO, at least not after I got warned by Aislinn, who I pm'd bakc with a question but didn't get answered, at least not that I noticed)

Desdamona might've been your friend, although if you say I'm disrespectful this must be a joke.

Stick to the rules and don't take everything personal. (hi2u WolfWitch/JezeBelle, cant remember who it actually was)

I'm just expressing my opinion and people start to flame, insult and threaten me? Great!

Well, I don't even expect to get unbanned since i hardly play anymore, just want to know how you explain this ban.

cheers

Edited by SquE

You asked me no question other than can you ask a question in a sarcastic way. If you had a valid question that was not just to push the envelope even further, you would have asked it.

You were asked repeatedly to stop, you did not, you deliberately kept going.

You broke rules #2,3, and 25 in spades.

You asked me no question other than can you ask a question in a sarcastic way. If you had a valid question that was not just to push the envelope even further, you would have asked it.

You were asked repeatedly to stop, you did not, you deliberately kept going.

You broke rules #2,3, and 25 in spades.

I stopped it, in the end I wanted to stay to see what's going on and was getting flamed. (hi2u rule3)

Well, I asked whether I can ask a question or not and didn't get a reply, if I would've asked my question right away you might have taken it wrong or whatever, had similar problems before.

[PM from LabRat: fuck off] (hi2u rule2)

Edited by SquE

had similar problems before.

Indeed. B)

Oh yeah, nice conversation starting, asking where you can pee. Really, enough already.

That was "Teh_Psycho" or something, not me. My char was "joris".

Get your facts straight.

[18:41:52] Teh_Psycho: where can i pee here

I didn't say I had those problems with you or a mod. I didn't even say I had them in EL.

I know who you are/were.

There were enough complaints and enough attempts to stop you to warrant this.

Kudos for Teh_Psycho, he got the hint the first time and stopped.

Why saying

Oh yeah, nice conversation starting, asking where you can pee. Really, enough already.

then?

Well, might you be so nice and show me some quotes of "joris" actually where I did something wrong and especially what? (that are not out of context!)

I wasn't sharing the same opinion with others (mods & friends of those), so I get booted?

Your opinions were not asked for.

You were being a disruptive ass and were asked to stop, and you did not.

You were not invited nor asked to speak.

You were intentionally being disrespectful, harassing people there, harassing mods, and deliberately looking to make trouble thinking you were within the letter of the law.

Well you forgot to read the "spirit of the rules" clause. I suggest you go find it.

Since when is speaking and expressing your own opinion against "the law"?

back2theroots ftw!

Your opinions were not asked for. (I'm allowed to express my opinion anywhere, ain't I?)

You were being a disruptive ass and were asked to stop, and you did not. (Well, I did stop actually (before I was booted, of course).)

You were not invited nor asked to speak. (I'm allowed to speak anywhere, even when I'm not invited, ain't I?)

You were intentionally being disrespectful, harassing people there, harassing mods, and deliberately looking to make trouble thinking you were within the letter of the law. (They were harassing me as well, even when they're your friends, you gotta punish them then as well.)

This is my last post, since your previous posts make absolutely no sense and you even accused me of things I never did (pee-thingy).

Then you did not acknowledge that you were wrong and were just saying how well you are informed (which might be true or not, not up to me to judge).

You seem to have no valid reason to back up your ban. (You are obviously unable to provide me with quotes, too)

That's it for me, the ceremony was a blast after all.

Edited by SquE

I missed how this (if I don't actually call him an idiot does that mean I am not harassing him?) erm person started, I arrived after he had begun judging by my chat log.

[17:21:16] joris: lol

[17:21:24] DesLindA: Joris if you dont appriciate it then go away

[17:21:36] joris: zLoL

[17:21:44] Maitreya: Don't joris

[17:21:52] DesLindA: ...

[17:22:43] joris: WHAT FOR

[17:22:49] Maitreya: read the stone morron

[17:22:55] joris: lol

[17:22:56] joris: ye

[17:23:04] joris: everyone can come here

[17:23:06] Maitreya: nothing fun about it.

[17:23:06] joris: but why gatherin

[17:23:09] joris: it is

[17:23:12] joris: this is a game

[17:23:13] joris: ..

[17:23:13] Maitreya: dude, shut up

[17:23:17] Maitreya: Real people play this game

[17:23:18] [PM to joris: fuck off]

[17:23:19] Maitreya: show some respect.

[17:23:21] Maitreya: or shut up

[17:23:31] [PM from joris: :^)]

[17:23:49] [PM from joris: Just askin why gathering here now and all people are so angry]

[17:23:52] [PM from joris: schweet]

[17:24:13] [PM to joris: A good friend of ours died a year ago, it is a memorial]

[17:24:20] [PM from joris: Ye i knew she died]

[17:24:25] [PM from joris: but i didnt know it was today]

[17:24:39] joris: ^_^

[17:28:12] DesLindA: Happy because it is also her birthday

[17:28:13] joris: yer it is

[17:28:14] joris: :[

[17:29:25] DesLindA: And i know...that she would want to see us all dancing because it is her birthday

[17:29:34] joris: .

[17:41:08] joris: lmaooo

[17:41:38] joris: talkin aint against rules is it

[17:41:39] joris: :S

[17:41:55] JezeBelle: Joris..i think you just blew your future here..

[17:42:06] joris: lol

[17:42:08] MagpieLee: send him to uw imo

[17:42:12] joris: you make the trouble here

[17:42:14] joris: makin me lag

[17:42:15] joris: :[

[17:42:33] Dilly: go to TD then joris.. no lag there

[17:42:34] JezeBelle: joris..can you find the control and x key?

[17:42:43] joris: you mean alt and x?

[17:43:02] joris: Sure, found!

[17:43:17] JezeBelle: good.now press em

[17:43:23] joris: Funny :]

[17:43:26] joris: almost laughed

[17:43:26] Sqwurl: #killme yes works better ;o

[17:43:38] TwiZTiD: #suicide..

[17:43:44] DesLindA: Hmmm #suicide

[17:43:45] LabRat: I wish it did, it is disabled at the moment

[17:43:48] Lucky_Paladin: non of them work :'(

[17:44:26] Sqwurl: joris next? :)

[17:44:32] joris: lol

[17:44:33] LabRat: maybe a "I'm an idiot" outfit.. how could one do something like that I wonder?

[17:44:41] joris: killin a 10/9 a/d noob you sire deserve some honr

[17:44:41] joris: :7

[17:44:52] Dilly: labby i pay you 10k to set all his gear with that print :)

[17:45:01] LabRat: he said I can right?

[17:45:04] joris: I aint harassing anyone, just chatting :]

[17:45:38] JezeBelle: I find you harrassive enough..perhaps we all do..^^

[17:45:40] Sqwurl: can you make a custom cape for him saying "brod me pl0x" ? :>

[17:45:55] DesLindA: Raise a hand if joris is harrasing you

[17:45:57] DesLindA: \o

[17:45:58] Annatira: I think that will happen anyway 8)

[17:45:58] LabRat: \o

[17:46:00] MagpieLee: and disrespectful too (

[17:46:07] JezeBelle: *raises hand*

[17:46:08] LabRat: via pm

[17:46:10] joris: I find you harrassive as well :[]/

[17:46:26] JezeBelle: well..thats too bad Joris..I think we outnumber you

[17:46:27] LabRat: want me to knock up a chatlog?

[17:46:30] InduS: :)

[17:46:45] MagpieLee: abuse forum section hasn't been used in a long time :>

[17:46:59] LabRat: it is called "disputes" now

[17:49:51] JezeBelle: hmm..any ' mods' here..by any chance?

[17:50:04] WolfWitch: dunno cant see any B)

[17:50:04] Lucky_Paladin: Molime i see :)

[17:50:13] Lucky_Paladin: she's afk ^^

[17:50:16] JezeBelle: hmm..they may find this amusing..^^

[17:50:17] molime: ish

[17:50:18] JezeBelle: [PM from joris: and its hilarious that mods cant stick to rules]

[17:50:32] PiXiE: oh dear

[17:50:32] Lucky_Paladin: :P

[17:50:32] WolfWitch: awwww

[17:50:39] JezeBelle: ^^

[17:50:45] LabRat: hmm.. pkable methinks?

[17:50:46] molime: guess he hasn't read 3 and 25 (and fyi, yes we've asked permission to interfere if needed)

[17:51:08] LabRat: then we can all play underworld tennis

[17:51:40] JezeBelle: Molime..i dont think you need to give ANY explanaton about the how and why you aply rules..^^

[17:51:45] JezeBelle: not tu us anyways

[17:52:04] LabRat: moderation is never a topic..

[17:52:14] Ena: for public discussion

[17:52:15] molime: so rule me >.<

[17:52:15] Ena: yea yea

[17:52:26] MagpieLee: causing trouble again Lab? lol

[17:52:30] Dilly: nah Mo.. you just rule :)

[17:52:33] LabRat: sure why not?

[17:52:34] WolfWitch: he told me I was abusing power too mute me mo :P

[17:52:45] JezeBelle: no..not even in pm..and then again..i just made his pm public, didnt I..how rude of me..^^

[17:55:34] [PM from JezeBelle: [PM from joris: this is a stupid alt i created some days ago]]

[17:57:10] [PM from JezeBelle: [PM from joris: I wont log much, probz wont find out how dumb u rly are]]

[17:59:05] DesLindA: Ok please could everyone start getting ready for the 2nd half of the ceremony?

[17:59:15] joris: im so ready you cant imagine

[17:59:23] DesLindA: stfu

[17:59:30] joris: :/

[17:59:40] JezeBelle: Joris..do yourself and us a favour..if you dont wanna be here..just leave

[18:00:01] joris: I want to be here :^)

[18:00:18] DesLindA: Yeah, to cause trouble

[18:00:20] JezeBelle: Joris..why dont you show your true colors and get your main char here?

[18:00:28] joris: dont have a main

[18:00:46] JezeBelle: [PM from joris: this is a stupid alt i created some days ago]

[18:00:46] joris: Why so stressing

[18:00:55] molime: Joris, quiet

[18:01:00] molime: nvm

[18:01:11] DesLindA: wo0t

[18:01:15] DesLindA: \o/

[18:01:27] DesLindA: Thanks ^^

If he feels offended by my directing him to an alternate location I sincerely apologise to everyone he upset with his prepubescent outbursts. Him I could care less about. Puberty's gonna be a killer for him \o/

Some comments here:

1. There was more that went before the provided chatlog.

2. Pretty much as far as I can tell none of the involved parties are my friends (some acquaintances, and some mods I work with and had to deal with him also via pms you don't see), and I never even knew Desdemona other than I banned her for illegal multi once upon a time, so this had NOTHING to do with that.

3. He was banned so he would not make more characters to come back to do more of the same. As you notice, he said he quit then made two new characters to stay in EL and make trouble, thinking he can hide his identity.

4. He gave the attending mods a very hard time, he was asked nicely to stop (granted not so nicely as well) many times and wouldn't. He taunted the mods and laughed at the freedoms the ruleset gave him in his opinion so he could get away with this. He had plenty of opportunity to do the right thing before this happened, read up about Teh_Psycho, who did see the light.

5. Had he shown an ounce of remorse, regret, or guilt and apologized to the people involved, I would happily have immediately unbanned his IP and let him go on his merry way. However as you see, he did quite the opposite, trying to defend his right to be a jerk when and where he pleases, and interrupt an ongoing event intentionally and continually even after being asked to not do so.

6. I have no intention of unbanning his IP unless I see a sincere attempt at an apology to the involved parties and no that does not mean a fake forced silly post here now.

Everyone here has the right to enjoy the game as they please within the boundaries of the game rules. It is not odd for people to make friends in an mmorpg. Isn't the point here to interact with people? It isn't for people to judge if it's "right" to have a memorial for a deceased friend they met here because it's a game. The point here was, one person was intentionally trying to make trouble and bother people and interrupt an ongoing event, breaking rules 2,3, and 25 and intentionally pushing the envelope as far as he thought he could to get away with it "within the rules". I'm sorry but that is definitely breaking rule #25, like it or not. This sort of behavior adds no value to EL and I don't think we are obligated to cater to it or work around it.