Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
groomsh

Get set of formula items from storage

Hi,

do you think that a button in storage window like on this screenshot (lower right corner of storage window) would make things too easy ?

storage_formula.png

After right-click on that button, you could adjust the amount same way as in inventory window.

This button would try to load X sets of current formula items from storage, so for example if you have number 100 on that button and fire essence formula active, you would get 100 red roses, 100 red snapdragons and 100 sulfur into inventory...

Yes, it would definitely save us a lot of mindless clicking (especially for items with higher number of ingredients). It would make storage mixing easier, but in the same way as "mix all" does in my oppinion - and it was implemented after all. I'd really like to see it implemented, if it wouldn't require too much coding and/or wouldn't spawn some additional problems (like making macroing less detectable for example).

For now I'm just bagmixing at sto and it works well...unless the grue decides he needs a snack B)

It would be bad if this meant that formula became "hard coded" in the client; the should be the opportunity for formula to be secret or variable (and the cyclopaedia need not be accurate or complete)

However, possible as a client-side-only mechanism: Players could define "sets" of items as named macros, which can be listed/selected as part of the storage interface. The client can then send the requests for each item (or quantity of).

This would be applicable to fighters (defining sets of equipment) as well as mixers.

It would make mixing at storage much easier; but if that is an issue, I'd ban any mixing in range of storage (which has been done at certain sites in the past), or give better reasons to carry ingredients from storage to more advantageous mixing locations.

Edited by trollson

However, possible as a client-side-only mechanism: Players could define "sets" of items as named macros, which can be listed/selected as part of the storage interface. The client can then send the requests for each item (or quantity of).

Yes, that would be also an option.

Don't we already have the ability to right click on the amount set in our inventory and set it to X amount? I think thats all we need.

Don't we already have the ability to right click on the amount set in our inventory and set it to X amount? I think thats all we need.

it is good, but if you are mixing things, which are stored in different areas of the storage, then it still needs too much unnecesarry clicking -

lets say potions - wine is in Food, it is on the top, Vial is in Misc, you need to scroll there, click the category, then you can take it, than you need some flowers too - so scroll back to be able to click the category to be able to click the flower in task .... just because the interface is not ergonomic.

Now let see, how it could work - you set the formula to mixing window and click something - it would take the items described in the formula window in amounts you have set by the right click to your inv (if there is enought items and you have enought free slots/emu). much less clickint and scrolling over not conveniently designed interface ... and it can be done sclient-side only IMHO, so no unncesarry asks for server about quantities of all other items in store = less traffic too.

Good idea. But wouldn't that be too easy then? Getting propers amounts of stuff from storage to mix is part of the mixer's skill >,<