Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
the_grud

Dolamar Bagjumper

I am not on anyones side other than the truth..and something is bugging me about the chat log.

[[21:48:18] You have died and gone to the Underworld!

[21:48:18] [PM from LyedanRoth: aw?your dieing from poison]

[21:48:58] [PM from LyedanRoth: did u lose anything a dude jumped ypur bag]

[21:49:37] [PM to LyedanRoth: whts his name?]

[21:50:04] [PM from LyedanRoth: goota look back in my screen shots]

[21:50:25] [PM to LyedanRoth: col and mol]

[21:50:48] [the_grud @ 2]: db in dp stor is mine

[21:50:53] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: the gruds been bag jumped,,brb gotta look at my screen shots

[21:51:26] [PM from LyedanRoth: damn let me get his name real fast]

[21:51:49] [the_grud @ guild]: was chatting lost col and mol!

[21:51:49] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: he jumped it before i could get on it

[21:52:19] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: goota look at screen shot...brb [

ok I have a few questions/statements

1. Does LyedanRoth run a program that takes screenies every 10 seconds or so, or did he just happen to be taking one at that moment to see Dolm take the bag?

2. If you have screenshots, why not produce them?

3. Or maybe your referring to CHATLOGS? In which case, going back over chatlogs will not show "Dolmer moves onto bag".

4. I got the impression you really not sure who got the bag. you remember someone standing there a while and then he was gone so it must have been him.

[22:11:14] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: thank the name is dolamar,,guild is -sa-

[22:11:22] the_grud: ty

21:56:14] [PM from LyedanRoth: damn ubuntu i cant figure out how to get to my screen shots,,gotta run up agrilles house,,,brb]

Ok you don't have a screenie, but you must have to get his name??

this tells me you didn't actually see it and are guessing????

22:12:35] [the_grud @ guild]: you got screenshot proof?

[22:12:37] [Aliliana @ guild]: are you certain of the name Lye?

[22:12:47] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: positive

[22:12:55] [the_grud @ guild]: guild?

[22:12:55] [LyedanRoth @ guild]: i have a screen shot I repeat... 2. If you have screenshots, why not produce them?

Are you SURE??

I'm sorry but based on what I read, I cannot justify even a warning to the community.

as for losing your c0l i'm sry, yeah ya should have had a rosto, or better yet, when mixing..take it off if you don't have a rosto. I'm sure you know that by now

Guest Trojan_Knight

There is nothing that can't be altered in a manner that works for a anyone. However, some may or not know how to do this. Regardless, it is quite time consuming to edit a "perfect" screen shot. Now thats not saying that a person couldn't "wait" for "evil doeR" so and so, to make a bag one day and ss it and claim "em is on me db!!".. Quite pointless. What could be better would be a screen shot of the counsol chat. Since the chat log itself is also very editable.. Now the consol is as well, but you have to match the background multi coloring in a way that would render unnoticable tampering. Which is super difficult.

However, I think the point of this thread is not to say so and so is a this or that.. But more so, that maybe to "watch out for" a so an so because it could be that he or she is a possible etc.

However.. Rosto's are like mastercards.. Ya shouldn't leave with out it if ya got something worth more then a rosto on ya or in ya inventory. :P Opportunists always win and bag jumping is a part of the game :wub:

Since the chat log itself is also very editable.. Now the consol is as well, but you have to match the background multi coloring in a way that would render unnoticable tampering. Which is super difficult.

It is difficult, yet, possible. I played around with this idea at some point. Results were pretty good.

However, I think the point of this thread is not to say so and so is a this or that.. But more so, that maybe to "watch out for" a so an so because it could be that he or she is a possible etc.

On the other hand if we start "watching out for" each person mentioned in Disputes with no proof at al all (a description of a screen shot makes no proof) we shall end "watching out for" everybody. That's probably why there are some rules of posting in Disputes. I'll quote just one of them:

1. All initial posts (the post that starts the thread) MUST include valid proof such as a screenshot or unedited logs.

(Emphasising mine)

the rule follows as below:

Any accusation without proof will immediately be deleted. Repeat transgressions WILL be addressed.

Considering this one sentence this whole thread should be deleted and forgotten.

I know I said I wouldn,t post a reply,but the temptation not to,has been difficult!

1.I would like to apologise to Aislinn and all contributors for my suggestion to lock this topic.

I realise it was stupid of me,free speech is what makes these forums so interesting.

Again I apologise.

2.Has anybody actually read the post of Kalix chat with Dolamar?

The first reply was “yeah” I think this means yes! It does in my language anyway!!!

I realise that the unbelievers out there will say”letters y-e-a-h are really close to the letters n-o on the keyboard,a simple mistake anybody could make ..*sarcasm*

3.Aislinn has obviously read the topic so for Ayuma to suggest it should be DELETED is surely worse than just locking it!

And lastly ..Time passes, I,ve moved on ,got a col and mol and I always have a rosto on the bottom line of my inv (thanks all for the advice .we live and learn).

Gonna try my utmost not to reply again!!

Continue to enjoy the game ...I do

The_grud

I realise that the unbelievers out there will say”letters y-e-a-h are really close to the letters n-o on the keyboard,a simple mistake anybody could make ..*sarcasm*

Funny you mention it. Letters n-o are in the very same chatlog.

Getting some words out of context is a really great idea to produce some fancy proof.

PS. As you see I did not delete this thread, although, I could do it. Moreover, locking it, at the point you asked for it, would be good only for you (the person you accused of bagjumping didn't post, wasn't even a forums member), because it would take away any chance for Dolamar to defend himself.

Edited by Ayumu

aahhh yes and i give the same reason for the yeah as i did kalix i was messaging a friend at the time and got the pms mixed up, the // option is just so easy :pickaxe:. if you want you can message kalix on the subject for he did leave the next two lines out of the chatlog, i talked to him about the incident and i "think" afterwards he saw it as fishy on "my" side of the argument. like i said feel free to message him, or me, i dont have the chatlog, i didn't think to save it at the time but now i see that would have been helpfull...

This is rediculus. If either side had any further proof it would have been presented already so there obviously isnt any proof (where is that screenshot) and any more of this arguing is really pointless.

~Eli

or did he just happen to be taking one at that moment to see Dolm take the bag?

If I find a decent sized death bag, I might take a screenie of me posting "DB found in candyland, pm me" in case I get accused of something. I find this believable. but....

2. If you have screenshots, why not produce them?

Indeed. There's a lot of evidence mentioned in this thread that I've yet to see. Until then, I call BS on this one.

Sorry grud...had to put in my 2 cents.

I understand the need for proof. But how about also considering a person's reputation?

If the person has never been cited for bad behavior and is known for being "honorable" shouldn't they be taken at their word?

Afterall anyone can fake a log if they have a mind to. (And the cheaters/scammers/bjers are more likely to do that then the honest players.)

As to the point in question... if grud says so and so bjed I believe him. To the best of my knowledge he has always been an honest player.

Sorry grud...had to put in my 2 cents.

I understand the need for proof. But how about also considering a person's reputation?

Whose reputation? Dolamar or the_grud? Also, why to put one of them over another?

If the person has never been cited for bad behavior and is known for being "honorable" shouldn't they be taken at their word?

Neither of them have been reported so far in any thread other than this one. Moreover, how can the_grud's word be taken seriously? He neither has seen the act of bagjumping or even a screenshot of it.

Afterall anyone can fake a log if they have a mind to. (And the cheaters/scammers/bjers are more likely to do that then the honest players.)

Here we agree. Anyone can forge a log. Anyone can make a mistake, too.

So far Dolamar has not been recognised as a cheater, scammer or bagjumper. If you dare to call him in this manner provide some proof, please.

As to the point in question... if grud says so and so bjed I believe him. To the best of my knowledge he has always been an honest player.

The_grud wasn't even there. According to his own words he was having a trip to Underworlds.

So? To your best knowledge Dolamar isn't an honest player, is he? Mind providing any proof?

Edited by Ayumu
typos