Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Rasool

Recent BIG CHANGES in Fighting

Now, with recent changes in Armed Orcs' HP, Respawn time and so... i would like to know at what P/C A/D do you people suggest trainers to switch to these critters from ogres. any suggestion? :)

I struggle with them:

Full enhanced iron plate (which I love, enhanced by molime).

CoL

20/12/67/72

Armed female orcs I can just about handle with a bone. I'd need to heal once per 1-2 orcs (depending on a/d astro).

Armed male orcs I find troublesome - even with a serp sword I'd need to heal 1-2 per orc. Sometimes it seems like they are harder.

If I downgraded to iron plate or auggies I don't think I'd be able to handle them yet.

I know you didn't ask for it, but I used to train on Lions but that can't happen now that they have 140hp and beefy a/d/p/c. They are like cyclops now.

Edit: Few changes and my vit is 4

Edited by MagpieLee

My suggestion would be to stop being anal about "perfect build" and enjoy game more.

IMO a general rule still applies - to have P : C = 1 : 2 but as we see from Magpie's example above is not written in stone and depends on playstyle

A/D/P/C 66/72/36p/40c

On double spawn I get 200kxp/hr (I kill one and the other one respawns, almost no stops)

Armed orcs are great for training now. At least for me.

A/D/P/C 66/72/36p/40c

On double spawn I get 200kxp/hr (I kill one and the other one respawns, almost no stops)

Isn't that low for a double spawn with almost 0 latency? :P Unless, for example, you are godless?

I personally think it is, but I'm sure the 'build experts' will have an opinion on this. :icon13::)

A/D/P/C 66/72/36p/40c

Isn't that low for a double spawn with almost 0 latency? :P Unless, for example, you are godless?

I personally think it is, but I'm sure the 'build experts' will have an opinion on this. :icon13::)

I don't mind it. For me, it's good. I have Aluwen at 20% bonus. And concerning "build experts"? They can frak themselves. I am an allarounder, I need high p/c for harvesting and mixing. And 200kxp/hr does not sounds bad to me. It's just everybody is spoilt with feroses and their 350kxp/hr madness. I can't go with that build to cyclopses yet, they beat the crap out of me, it's not a training, it's a struggle for survival.

at 70/78/24/40/16 a/d/p/c/w i'd get 200k/hour at the emerald cave and it was pretty easty to train, col, steel chain/aug pants, steel shield & uni med... now xp there must be prolly around 300k or so, so quite nice for that a/d :icon13:

At 53a/59d/20p/20c I couldn't dodge them at all... I could kill them, but I got no defense exp. I have 10 more coordination now so I'll have to go back and try again but they seem a bit too strong on the attack side to me... (but I'm far from a pr0 fighter...)

UPDATE: with the extra 10 coord I can dodge them now... so, perhaps it was just too low :P

Edited by DogBreath

At 53a/59d/20p/20c I couldn't dodge them at all... I could kill them, but I got no defense exp. I have 10 more coordination now so I'll have to go back and try again but they seem a bit too strong on the attack side to me... (but I'm far from a pr0 fighter...)

UPDATE: with the extra 10 coord I can dodge them now... so, perhaps it was just too low :P

20/32 p/c is ideal for them. as you only need 4 more coord then ogres (20/28 p/c).

i tried them now with a/d 69/71 and p/c/v 22/32/12

but its not good training at all.

They still hit a lot and my stuff breaks like glass armor.

Def experience is not much higher than on ogres, so i'll stick to them for some more levels probably.

just my 0.02

With 70/80 a/d , 32/30/12/24 p/c/w/v the fems are doable on bad astro days, with aug. armour, steel shield, iron helm and bone, +shield spell.

on good astro even teh males are doable. Bad astro an iron sword is prefered for the males.

xp/hr on single fem ~ 120-130k xp.

Sofar i have been training the char following eMPi's guide till the ts got taken out :closedeyes: and ogre's became way too easy. The extra p/c was really needed to move to the armed orc.

On bad astro i use a moon med, with good astro just a uni.

A/D/P/C 66/72/36p/40c

This is a load, I block almost perfectly and only average 90k~+ per hour.

i wouldn't start them till 75+ defense, attack doesn't matter.

32coord

atleast 12 phys, (i'd go with more to block their crits)

switching from ogres the hardest thing is hitting them. with 61 atk, tit short sword, coord potion, 18 dexterity (= to 36 coord) i couldn't hardly hit the female orcs. so at least 64+ atk. switched to moon med and tit long and hit them better than 50%.

Edited by HereticEast

61 att is too low, iirc fem armed orc is 70 def, male is 75.

although considering ogre is only 50 def, you do make a good point.

As polars are 50 def also, perhaps upping Ogre def to 60 so they give better att exp, and have people use polars for a bit longer, is the way to go.

someone go post in suggestions; ogres def to 60 pl0x ;p

I was one of the main ones who posted in that forever long topic about the changes that eventually took affect for the orcs. and i love to train them now..

(or at least before i had to quit EL for work :X *grumbles* )

but my a/d is 70/66. and i can train them very easily using just a bone

i think my wifey was training on them with 20/32 and she was getting around 230k/h :confused: with low 70's a/d

Yeah that was just a few weeks ago eh? ...and now she's mid-80's... guess it works xD

Then again, Az is pr0er than most ppl :confused:

He means that there's a sudden increase in p/c required when you go from Armed Orc to Cyclops.

~26 Might is what's needed to get through Armed Orc toughness almost every hit.

Where as to damage Cyclops most all hits you need more like 38 Might (though i suggest 36 Might + bone, as 36 Might is good for Fluffs).

Thus if a person is trying to keep their training optimum, they would need to have much pickpoints saved up for when they suddenly need to jump from ~26 Might (eg. 20/32 p/c) to ~36 Might (eg. 28/44 p/c).