Eternal Lands Official Forums
Roja

Bot marketplaces

Bot marketplaces  

256 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have bot marketplaces?

• Yes
    • No

im fearing the vote on this.. seems the bot owners. who PAID for what they have.. are gonna get outvoted by the users to make it more convenient for them ... since they are obviously too lazy to walk across any map to find a bot...

I voted yes, but I have an alternative suggestion for how to set this up. It might be one map for all the bots, and have lots of easy access to it from many maps. This way people could just pop into the marketplace and never see bots any where else (tradebots anyways...)

I've seen this implemented on another game and it worked quite well... It really levels the playing field for all bots if the access to it is convenient enough... Maybe a marketplace teleporter on all/most maps... and a hub for exiting to certain maps.

Just a thought :(

I voted no also. I own a bot = he's in his location for a purpose as stated by others above.

Perhaps certain maps may be better off for the purpose you speak of; but not all.

No. I just paid to move my bot to a new location. It is all about strategy. No one is forcing people to walk through NC.

I think all the bots should be placed so that they add to the atmosphere of the maps, rather than detract from them. In my opinion placement associated closely with stalls, caravans, tents etc, preferably in small groups, achieves this. However, placement in the middle of nowhere, or in isolated rows, or by transit points from one map to another, do not. There are plenty of unoccupied stalls around the maps, the bots would make them look more in keeping. :(

I would have to say that yeah, some places are overcrowded. but also ALOT of bot owners pay for location and make more gc's due to location. I voted no to the marketplace, but would agree that there needs to be a limit set at certain places and/or maps so we dont end up with more places like nc or making nc even worse.

burnout

To all the bot owners who say they like their bots current location:

I am more likely to go to a marketplace, where I know there will be many bots selling many items at competitive prices than make a separate excursion to your bot.

I'd rather go to a mall to go shopping then to a store in the middle of the boonies.

I am more likely to go to a marketplace, where I know there will be many bots selling many items at competitive prices than make a separate excursion to your bot.

I'd rather go to a mall to go shopping then to a store in the middle of the boonies.

as would many people i guess from seeing the votes.. but it kills any stratagy in running a bot.

with so many bots in EL its very hard to find ways to make it profitable to keep up.. if you put all the bots together it kills strategy and would just start a evil price war with bots in a particular market..

I would prefer if our bot LumberJack could stay where he is, in a quiet place not in a market, if it would be in any way possible please have him stay there.

Would you like to have special places set aside in every(or almost every) map or town to have the store bots stay at?

No thank you, I like having Tired_Iron where it is, I never cared for a supermarket in RL either...

as would many people i guess from seeing the votes.. but it kills any stratagy in running a bot.

with so many bots in EL its very hard to find ways to make it profitable to keep up.. if you put all the bots together it kills strategy and would just start a evil price war with bots in a particular market..

Evil price wars often add a nice new twist to games :( lol

with so many bots in EL its very hard to find ways to make it profitable to keep up..

Why do you have an undeniable right to run a profitable bot?

if you put all the bots together it kills strategy and would just start a evil price war with bots in a particular market..

Good. Bot prices are usually too high as it is.

There should be just a limit of bots per certain number of square tiles. Like only one bot in a square 10 x 10 steps allowed.

i like this idea much better.. and i think that would solve the problems in NC ect..

and as far as which bot gets to stay and which bot moves..

the oldest bot by ent's records could stay and others have to move out of the 10X10 area

No. Bots like real shops need places with people.

Bots must be near sto to reload and people need it near resorces at every map.

In my opinion the problem is that there are too many bots at the same place. Maybe new bots can be placed at new place like mall.

I voted Yes but with some exceptions,

what was said before, were actually placed stratigically (like Agneum) but all that bots in NC aren't.

so I think the bots who were placed without a purpose (like the ones in NC), move to a kind of marketplace, and the ones who really were put on a stratigic place, let them stay there

Just my 2 cents :(

Example, one bot buys 5k Heath Essences

Not many people are going to haul HE for hours to sell, unless it is close to storage,

Other example, some bots are in Mines, No one is going to haul silver ore to a market place

These bots are carefully thought out by thier owners before they are placed (somepeople even move there bots due to changes in game)

This is a service we (as bot owners) pay for. Bots buy/sell prices would all be equal if standing next to each other, there eventully would be no profit to be made,

It's true that some bots are located in strategical places and moving them would defeat their purpose (Agneum and Iduna come to my mind). Some bots are at a places where they pose no problems, and a lot of bots in one place mean price war and/or price collusions.

On the other hand, some places are really overcrowded with NC storage - exit to WS being the worst.

I'd suggest a limit of bots in a certain radius (like Cruella suggested) AND creating a few (1-2 per continent) marketplaces for bot owners who don't mind other bots company - in convenient places.

How about we just have a bot map? Kinda like portals room :(

It could have a storage, but you couldn't mix anywhere in the map.

Edited by Shujral

Another idea is to make the marketplaces, but make it voluntary to move your bot there-perhaps with a few exceptions such as NC-that map is small and I can't see how it'd inconvenience bot owners to move the bots into 1 or 2 marketplaces on that map.

what was said before, were actually placed stratigically (like Agneum) but all that bots in NC aren't.

so I think the bots who were placed without a purpose (like the ones in NC), move to a kind of marketplace, and the ones who really were put on a stratigic place, let them stay there

Just my 2 cents :)

You dont think My bot in NC was not put there stratigcly?????

Just my 2 cents :)

You dont think My bot in NC was not put there stratigcly?????

<3 your bot. He says hi to me.

Another idea is to make the marketplaces, but make it voluntary to move your bot there-perhaps with a few exceptions such as NC-that map is small and I can't see how it'd inconvenience bot owners to move the bots into 1 or 2 marketplaces on that map.

I just can't see owners volunteering to move their bots. Seems so inconvenient. Also, as they all are saying, they chose their locations for a reason.

Edited by Shujral