How much gold do you have?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. How much gold do you have?

• Under 10K
    • 10-50K
    • 51-100K
    • 101-200K
    • Over 200K
  2. 2. How many rare items do you have (rare stones)

• Under 2
    • 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • Over 30
  3. 3. If you are hoarding, what is your intent?

• 1. Not hoarding
    • 2. Wait for prices to get higher, then sell.
    • 3. Saving for later use (armor, weapons, etc.)
    • 4. Collecting them
    • 5. Other (please describe)

Ofc I'm not sure but it would make more sense to monitor no. of rare items entering the game (made/harved) vs no. of those that leave the game (are used up/lost).

in the recent economy thread ( thats still going somehow ) it was explained that when counting number of rare items, both active and inactive accounts are used but there is the ongoing count , let me find you the right link ...............

*edit* page 13 of this thread its explained ab0ot active/inactive accounts and rare items http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...6582&st=240

Edited by Ateh

I dont tend to hoard anything. Currently i have less than 10kgc and i think i made an efe the other day so thats sitting in storage, until i figure out what i want to do with it...probably get a vial mold or an alembic.

I dont store armour except for auggie suits and steel shields etc (i break a lot of them lol) i dont even have any Col's/fancy plate mails or high quality items, as i tend to just break them and then have to replace them and that really messes my living on a shoe string style of play up :)

Personally i see gold and items only as a means of earning xp. If i get some gold i use it to buy some item i cant be bothered to make or some tools/books w/e it never sits in storage for long. Stones/enriched essence/rare items are the same. either use them asap to earn that little bit of extra XP or sell them to buy something for that extra xp.

After all Its not like i need to keep some money in the bank to pay the rent/tax/food/internet bills or whatever things my meat bod needs to survive on.

In the past i did hoard items serp stones/efe's/plates etc... But made a decision that whilst they look pretty in my storage they arnt earning any interest, or reproducing in there... so sold/used them all.

Unless of course when i am working towards a goal. I currently trying to get some phys removal stones, so i will have to hoard a little gold for that. unless im lucky and find a few that is. Also i will be working on Nexus's in the near future which again will mean i'll need to hoard some items. But only as a means to approach a desired goal.

In short to me GC = a means to get more EXP and when its sitting in storage accumilating dust it isnt helping to that goal.

I decided to check my alts to see what resources they had. Here's the total of all my alts:

coins: about 540K

removal stones: 3

enriched ess: 47

rostos: 4

misc stones: 5

Most of the alts don't really need money so there's not much incentive for me to spend play time looking for buyers. Most of the enriched essences are ELEs that will eventually be used for summoning.

One question that begs asking here...how many times has it occured whereby hoarded items HAVE been sold off for a profit? Since this IS the only way hoarding items affects ingame economy, just how many times has it occured over the years? AND since the answer has to be examined, which times were from hoarding exactly, and NOT attributed to items recently purchased cheap (either from other sources ingame OR the EL shop??).

If its been a regular enough occurance that someone (or several someones) have done the hoard-to-sell-for-profits thing then I can understand if theres a concern that it might affect economy, but imo i think thats just using good business sense and keeping an eye on the market, which in itself is time consuming (yet no less worthy of the profit margin for having spent the time to do this, they earned it they should be allowed it, no?).

Methinks in fact, theres another underlying problem as to why this whole issue is being looked into and it doesnt have anything to do with the economy or opportunistic selling. Not as directly as selling off hoarded items is, anyways.

The hoards can re-enter the market also if the player stops playing and gives away the character or gives/sells the character's storage. Radu's issue seems to be "is the item as rare as it should be or too rare or not rare enough" and there isn't a good way for him to tell. The total number of items possessed by all characters gives an upper bound on the number of items that could participate in the market but this survey seems to indicate that very few of these hoards are being held for market speculation.

I don't think a poll with the votes of what is (hopefully) less than 5% of the EL population is indicative of anything really, but since decisions apparently are made on channel 6 nowadays I don't see how it matters either way ;)

I don't think a poll with the votes of what is (hopefully) less than 5% of the EL population is indicative of anything really, but since decisions apparently are made on channel 6 nowadays I don't see how it matters either way ;)

JUst ask Korrode what should be done, it'll be done.

Yes, cause i'm always just all over those economy threads. :)

...besides, i did actually make a comment about it on that other thread;

Just limit the number of each rare item a person can have in storage.

If that is the only presented way to guarantee the problem gets solved, then i'd just do it, irrelevant of what anyone thinks... but ofc i have no way of knowing if that is the only presented way to fix things, because i at best skim economy/mixing related threads. :)

I think I have the solution for this :unsure:

It might have a formula like this: if the standard odds were 1/10000, the modified odds would be 1/(number you have x 10000).

Agreed, but that's the point. This would give them incentive to sell their stuff before making more. And would force them to buy more rare items hence stimulating the market more. As well as making hoarding for 'use' still make sense, but hoarding for 'profit' not make sense.

To avoid hoarding RARE items on bots, they could be limited to the number of RARE items they could hold (not normal items....)

Well, for stimulating market would be even better to restrict how much weapons/armor one can have. If you think it you need one armor to wear and shield and sword or one 2-handed weapon at time. You have only limited number of hands, you know. So what about apply the above formula to that? If you have 2 swords, chance for drop of sword would be only half, as you have already more, than you can use. Also some excesive armor/weapons (say all above 5 item in store) could instantly poof. It would make much better market then, as nobody would be hoarding weapons. And if some sword would break, you can find manufacturer to make you new one anytime, so it means more market requests. Also it would solve the (possible) problems with rare item - manuers will be using them for all the new weapons at request of customers.

(Yes, i lived in the East Block too with restricted economy and it is simple - if something is not aviable, then you hoarde it it if you get catch on it, as the chance maybe would not appear soon again. Your suggestion means that nobody would be able to plan anything interesting. Totally ruining the game for many. Introducing poor designed rules for no good reason does not help. If you want to live on allowance system I just do not. I hade enought of it for years. Allowance system can maybe help in time of disaster, but does not work in normal times.)

If the number of rare items was limited in peoples storage's , then that would in essence ( see how I fit that in there ? ) limit the amount of rare items a person can buy from the EL shop.

for example if people are only allowed 10 rosto stones in storage, that means a person buying from the shop can only buy 10 at a time, which probably wouldnt be great

same goes for the other stones, enriched ess' ......

now i have under 10k, less then 2 stones and no rare items, but when i used to play i had usually 500k-1mln in sto, some decent armors/weapons and a couple of rare stones and enriched essies :unsure: ( sometimes over 100 stones/essies ) was used for manu or to make profit by trading but thats it... as special items i had thermal/bda/rda/cotm :(

atm i have about 15kgc only stone i have left is a rosto and will probably need a new one soon :unsure: and when i am hording stuff i do it to get something i need or are planning to get.

Guest Trojan_Knight

I'm a little confused on how to answer lolz. I'll explain w/ questions. :unsure:

As for gold, you mean souly on my character, and not on my character and on bot correct or no? Cuz money on bot is also my monies.

Rare Items.. Are you refering to es, armor's, stones, everything, or just certain things in general that are not used daily?

And as for the last one.. I'm unsure if my option would be #3 or #5. Because for example, lets say I have 10k he's. And use a little bit every day while I train every time I log on.. So which would that be? lolz.

What I would find intresting is how many rare items are in storages of inactive players?

People that havent played for say 1 year or longer? I bet there are a few nmt's and rostos kicking around

You can never rely on the fact that an inactive player will always be inactive. People return even after years of absence.

What I would find intresting is how many rare items are in storages of inactive players?

People that havent played for say 1 year or longer? I bet there are a few nmt's and rostos kicking around

You can never rely on the fact that an inactive player will always be inactive. People return even after years of absence.

Very true

Though it seems that the active players may be feeling punished by those that are so inactive with a lack of "rare" items as the chance % changes.

Personaly, I dont feel like I am lacking any rare items, can always find if I really need. But for top end manuers that need loads of efe, serp stones, etc I can see this (though now a lot more people with the levels to make these items compared to 1-2 years ago

I have something like 600k in my storage. A few enriched ess and other stones...

I hoard to summon ubber mobs only when i get realy pissed off (and im very patient)

Also 500k gc isnt much, there are several items for sale that will consume all this amount of gc. I only xpent money on armors weapons and rings for PK, all the other things i need i made myself. Next time i buy a new item or broke my armor ill be down to 100k or something

Guest Trojan_Knight

My buddy helped me understand this.. So I voted in solo form :D

As for the other on the last one. Its like I stated. Yeah I do have a large supply of st00f I use for training. It never sits as the same number over a months time. For example I could have 50k HE's today. And by the end of the month be down to 34 HE's. Everything I have I use, or intend to use at some point completely.

Mostly inactive now, but occasionally I play now, so I feel fair in responding.

I would guess my gc is in the 100-200Kgc range, and I know my collection of stones and enriched esses has to be over 30.

Reasoning: I am for the most part an all-rounder. My rare items have been most often as the result of harvesting (stones) or alchemy. I tend to keep these either for personal use, or for barter with friends.

My gc has largely been from fighting, or the selling of essences/dung to players, or flowers to shops. This is most often used for the purchase of books or ingreds from players, when I'm not feeling like mass-harvesting for my insanity projects.

Please read the poll questions carefully, then vote/comment.

COMMENT:

I have a variety of stones, 26.

I've used some of my enhancement stones, for e.g., a Ti serpent sword, when I started training on fluffies.

I'm saving the others for later use, mainly in manufacturing; however, my current manu level (and others) is too low to do much with stones.

To build manu, I plan to make several thousand steel double edged swords, harvest hydro and make several hundred bars.

In other words, my plan includes building manu xp making s2e. Of course that also requires harvesting and alchemy. I can use 7-10 nexus or 70 to 100 hydro bars.

Each hydro bar takes 2k iron bars, 8k steel bars and many FEs. Playing EL, except building att and def, requires huge numbers of things be harvested and mixed.

It's unlikely I'll find enough stones to satisfy my needs.

I can use 7-10 nexus or 70 to 100 hydro bars.

Each hydro bar takes 2k iron bars, 8k steel bars and many FEs.

That's a misconception: each hydro bar takes 20 iron bars and 160 steel bars (10 ores = 10 swords). A hydro nexus costs 50 hydro bars, therefore it requires 1k iron bars and 8k steel bars.

A useful tool: GWaR breakdown calculator

I usually handle ~40k - 220k of gc in sto for my projects (Buy ingredients and sell, etc)

I keep the following stones in the hope that some day will be useful or as a gc saving

6 Serpent

1 Binding

5 Enritchement stone

For my personal use, I currently almost don't die as a peaceful harvester / mixer and I don't train on expensive stuff

2 Rostos

Willing to sell some day and buy a NMT may be:

1 Will

1 Vitality

1 Coordination

1 Magic

I like to collect enriched essences, so I usually don't sell them (My precious!!!) XD

2 ELEs

6 EWEs

Regards