How much gold do you have?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. How much gold do you have?

• Under 10K
    • 10-50K
    • 51-100K
    • 101-200K
    • Over 200K
  2. 2. How many rare items do you have (rare stones)

• Under 2
    • 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • Over 30
  3. 3. If you are hoarding, what is your intent?

• 1. Not hoarding
    • 2. Wait for prices to get higher, then sell.
    • 3. Saving for later use (armor, weapons, etc.)
    • 4. Collecting them
    • 5. Other (please describe)

Hey now that I see the enriched ess added guess I should have voted 30+

I save mine for future use, either armor or weapons, or possibly new things to be added in the future. Most of mine tho is EWE as a crafter I make many WE and I don't have any good place to use the EWE when I get them, Arrow mold here and there and made a s2e of ice but still have 20 EWE and growing...

GC is under 50k atm but have had much higher, usually it goes fast tho as I invest it in xp

So don't think I'm hoarding rare stuff and when I do hoard regular materials it's to do lots of lvling soon :P

Hope this helps your research :P

I voted this and that.

One of the reasons why we tend to hoard is that the % rate to get those rare items "enriched ess, stones" were set so low and in some cases = 0. With that in mind, every rare thing I come across I tend to hoard it. That and I just like collecting those rare sparkly enriched ess (I don't have that many compared to some)

I think I've read that you set the rate to 0 to prevent hoarding, but in actual fact you're encouraging it.

The "played a long time" counts as well - back when Serpent stones were as cheap as 300gc, I bet there are some old accounts with some 30+ of serp stones alone. Most of my own collection of rare items were from playing a long time.

I reckon most players are canny enough to wait until a recycling day or reconstruction (or any other nice special day I've forgotten) to dust off their enriched essies and stones to use them.

First thing what i can write: perfect and i agree 100%

Second:

Sometimes it's good to hoard some stuff to make/mix other stuff, maybe byself, maybe you go to a person you trust and let it mix, maybe you sell it and win some gc. The 'market' and the 'risk' is one of the good and very interesting things of EL.

Lartherel

158 votes and only 2 people admitted to waiting for prices to go up? now some of you are lieing

Prices do fluctuate on the majority of items in question, but incredibly slowly and honestly not by much. Waiting months on end just to get a couple extra hundred gc at best is pointless.

----------------------------

51-100kgc average (fluctuates heavily daily due to constantly re-investing gc made to get more exp)

6-10 average rare items. Few more at the moment but not for long.

I pretty much follow my own policy for these kinda items.

If it's something I can use (such as EFE), keep it. Doesn't tend to last long.

If it's something I'm unsure if I'll be able to use anytime soon, keep it a while, then sell it if not. These also get sold immediately if I find myself in a desperate need for some extra gc.

removal stones, EMEs, and such that I have no use at all for get sold almost immediately, or as soon as I have time to deal with selling them. But they get dumped pretty quick.

Rostos are the exception, keeping a decent stock as I find myself donating bricks more frequently... :P Even still never have more than 5.

Nothing of a rare nature gets kept for long that I have no current or possibly-soon use for. Definitely not a hoarder.

Not sure hoarding is a bad thing, gotta believe people have an actual reason for stocking such items if they do. "It looks pretty in storage" makes no sense. :P

well i spent most of my money, so i dont have much cash.

i have over 100 plus rare items including my enriched ess and stones, probably about XX enriched ess and XXX stones. (dont need to share numbers, as ent already knows)

as i am a high lvl manu'er i can burn 10 bindings in 1 set of dragon gear (not including the enriched ess), and bindings are nearly impossible to find these days... i have tons of serp stones, but i can only use those as i have bindings...

i have seen great deals, or people selling off storages and leaving the game, and if i have gc i buy as many of their stones or enriched items i can, because i know i will use them, it is just a matter of time.

I have about 1.8Million gc's

5 stones

2 enriched essces

I only recently started Hoarding, as I am soon finished reading the books that I want to have read, and getting my levels, nexus to a place where the enriched ess/stones can be usefull to me. I will hoard them to make some items that are goal items for me.

I'm a total hoarder. I have below 2 rare stones. Although I have nearly 300k gc I have over 350k of debts (which I promise I will pay back one day).

Whenever I decide to 'hoard' anything it's just for further use. I'm not interested in market enough to even attempt some speculations.

you horde names :P

Anyhow, i guess i am a horder too, for one, i like to have a stock of everything. period.

And secondly, after spending some 10,000 harvest caps in the tit mines, i feel the stones i managed to acquire in those endless and gloomy hours are way too valuable to be sold, so i will keep on working on my manu when i get to it and hope to someday turn them into something extra nice :)

I also seriously hope to someday get to train a/d again and then i will need my rostos too, not to mention the invasions every single night when i am too tired to react, but still get caught with one hand down the loo somewhere...

:P

Edited by Soldus

ATM I have over 850k - sounds a lot I know but im saving for a mass manu/magic spree and I like tailoring also so I tend to save alot then spend it all with in a few days.

Stones less then 20 but again saving for manu leveling and I also like to give fairly expensive presents for guild birthdays :P

Personally I temp hoarde for skills leveling later, I would rather gain 3-5 levels in a week or so then spread them out over a month - I know it amounts to the same thing in the end, but getting levels close together makes me feel like I have achieved something :P

Wolfy

I have under 10k.. and I have 6-10 I haven't checked.. And I selected Other: I haven't had a whole lot of time to play on main.. Mostly been playing PK and am in the middle of Moving.. I am not Intentionally hoarding.. I dont think I have enough to consider it hoarding.. But After We move *next week YAY* and I unpack and get internet set back up I intend on playing more and Would certainly love to use my few things I have to Manu/Crafting/Ranging. Will get too As soon as I can! :)

I have about 50k, but I am saving up for NMT cape. So I am a bit short right now!

Have about 6 rares, but I do plan on start hording some stuff. It took a guildie a month to get all the rare stones they needed for one dragon armor set.

After NMT, I want to make titanium plate set. So that's 8 EFE's, then another 8 for a second set. Should any of the first set break.

After that most likely a red dragon set. Which is loads of rare stuff, so at the moment. Hoarding it seems is the only way to get it down for cheap. IE- find the stones you need by luck and keep them.

never got much GC really, get it and spend it as and when I need something , if I had a million EL gc it wouldnt be for very long :)

rare stones / essences : there was a time when I would have kept a stock of these to make great swords / steel & tit armors but I dont do that anymore as I dont see the point , so right now I have 1 serp stone ( selling for 5k btw )

not hoarding, and I dont think theres a shortage of items to warrant hoarding ( if you want to call it hoarding ) , as it seems from posts in this thread people are holding onto ings for certain purposes such as thier own armors or to make armors for others at some point. Which is really just planning ahead ..

I use to have 100k gc ib storage, if I have more am I buying something - coal, sulfur or feasting pots.

I have 29 rostos - a friend bought 50 from the shop a year ago and they are slowly being used.

68 serpstones from when I was training cyclops- saving them for wolf bars - I had more than 300 at that time.

17 bindings - for swords.

20 enrichtment - for when I'm out of some enrichted ess.

2 ELE

2 EME

5 EWE

6 EDE

6 EFE

Other rare - I have 2-3 of most armor and weapons

10 alembics and 9 vial molds - broke a mold some days ago.

And the reason I have so many is, that I don't make any if my astro is bad.

Welll, today I have over 200kgc which I'm raising to do a big manu project. I enjoy getting a few levels together than one here and there so I prefer burning some gc in the manu school when i can \o/. So, this will change really soon again

As I'm a crafter and manu'er I too have a few enriched essies and shiny stones which I use to make weapons and armors for friends or those NPCs when I am in need of gc and can't find a buyer to sell at a decent price in the market :)

Removal stones: just found a reasoning while harv'ing cinnabar so yay me! LOL. On a more serious note thought I'm in the process of removing 4 vitality, i bought 2 vit removals and I'm sure I'll be able to find another 2 that I need. I'm waiting to see how things go with the changes Radu is making (TS neg effect going and some mobs) before I decide if I should put those PP's on physique or reasoning.

P.S. haven't voted yet

Edit: a few rostos too I forgot to mention for those invasions and for training. (all those rare stones and enriched essies add up to over 30)

Edited by dabrat

With enriched essences, I should have shown 6-10 instead of 2-5. Have 8 various esses but no more than 2 of any 1. As with many posts, gc fluctuates wildly. Currently about 60k, sometimes 300k +. Anything rare I have I plan to use myself or give to guild members who can use.

I'm a hoarder by nature, but here I'm trying to be some sort of all rounder. I cannot get enough of some of the items I need. and trying to buy them ingame can be a hassle.

At the moment my total gold in EL is just over 100k but about a week ago I only had 3k.

Being on a very limited income in real life also precludes my spending in the EL shop.

Albeit I have found myself clicking the topmost options in the poll, I do not consider myself a hoarder. The money comes and goes, and it is easy to find in your sto a stash of "rare" items, either because you produce them and have no use for them, or because you are saving up for a large project. For example, I have quite a number of EWEs (30+), keep making them while making water essences for crafting, and since they have no reasonable use for me (for now) they just sit in sto. Other items, like EFEs or Rostogol stones, I'm constantly out of -- I consider myself lucky when I have two of them at the same time. So the total number of "rare" items does not mean much in terms of usefulness.

And no, I'm not a collector, nor rich, and not a "hoarder" in the traditional sense. But the working set for largish projects is way above the 200Kgc that was the top limit in the poll. On the other hand, those that ARE collectors and hoarders serve as an item drain: any item permanently stored in a storage is as good as lost and removed from the game. Only problem is, how to distinguish when getting statistics about the economy between items that are actually in use and items that are stored in a vault forever. I wonder if introducing a "thief" perk or class could help putting them into the normal circulation again! :)

:) I voted other on the last question. I give stuff to Annatira for contests, I give stuff to guildies, I give stuff to allies, I give stuff to n00bs. I like having nice things for when I can use them. I have 2 efe's , 4 binding stones, 5 enrichment stones, 1 coord removal stone, 1 reasoning removal stone, a rostogol stone, and some books. I hoard things for the future. One day, I'll need the efe's, binding and enrichment stones. I do not plan on hoarding True sight pots in any foreseeable future as the Negative effect will be removed. :)

P.S. I attempted to post this earlier, I think the site had some major issues. <DoS attack? I could get to other sites like msn w/ no glitches.>

Edited by popeye

>200k

>30

Saving for later use

I don't play often and when I do I like to have everything I may need at my disposal. I don't consider my stockpiles to be hoarding because I do use or sell the items in my storage...eventually. It just doesn't cycle as fast as it used to for me :)

Well over 200k at the present time (I think you all know why :) )

And from now on I am going to start hoarding any stones I get because I am most likely going into a bit of manufacturing and I will need all the enriched essies and stones I can get.

:) I currently have 20k in storage! but...Im not happy with the gc I got so I bust my ARSE

to get the things I need.(I have a tendency to buy one of everything in EL or have it made) and

with that being said I don't think its hoarding..Like previous post I am a crafter and trying to summon

now.But you do need shining stones and Enriched Essence's. (and of course the only stones I have is 5 binding

MN loves me NOT, and 3 serpent stones.ZERO Ros. I perfer to have at least 200k gc in storage incase something

good comes up to bid. So hopefully this "Idea" gets alot of thought.And its getting very sad making 65k FE's and NOT

1 EFE!!! :) And yes I have articape *must be broken* :)

Just my 2 cents

Sweets

Edited by SweetThang

Got 30 binding and 10 serp stones, 4 ele, around 10 modable swords of varying types. However, as a guild leader and guild crafter, its often my job to ensure my guildies are supplied at short notice with their crowns, so I keep stocks to hand as and when I can. As for hoarding, yep those modables are hoard-worthy. I have no intention to sell them and do intend to add to them over time (at least until I have sufficient manu level to use them). I also like to play santa a lot and theres more than one person out there who has suddenly found themselves being visited by teh santa PYE. (one day I'll get one of them damn hats!).

It is interesting to note that, like myself, most people who have listed in their posts that they have sufficient items/gc to fall into the hoarding section of the posts insist they are not actually hoarding. Yet the poll gives only one no-hoard option, anything else is viewed as hoarding?

When you ask for comments, Radu, does this mean just that or is the issue open for debate as to what hoarding is viewed at by yourself or where the line is drawn between "save it for a rainy day" and "omfg you dont need all those ffs". Because I think there hasnt been a major alteration to enriched prices for some considerable time now so not sure what would be accomplished by lowering storage stocks of rare items....either theres rares less in our stock which would push prices up and increase the gc someone has to hoard (to buy what they need) or we hoard rares until we need to use (and therefore have less gc hoarded)?

Under 100k gc.

Like 50+ E-ess (25 ELEs, 7 EMEs, 11 EFEs, 5 EWEs, 5 EDEs) - 5 of EACH Eess are prize from Radu's contest with hyperbags, so i didn't 'hoard' them intentionally

Like 15 stones - 10 enricht, 5 binds or something like that - will check later

Saving for later use.

EDIT: grammar

EDIT 2: forgot to mention serp stones - 10+

Edited by Gen_Axis

I don't ever sell rare stones/essences, so I am always able to aquire a new item should something I deem useful enter the game, or to replace losses (mostly training gear). The money I have is used to buy raw materials I don't want to harvest myself (sulfur, mainly) and to buy things that can be rarely aquired differently (thread, leather). IMO, it only makes sense to sell rare stuff if you buy from bots (they don't sell for ingreds) which I rarely do. Even if the prices for rare stones should triple, there's no reason for me to sell them: things usually require rare stones, so the price in gc for them would rise accordingly.

The bottom line of this is - according to your poll options I am a hoarder, but I have no financial interest in this at all. All the things I have hoarded are for my own personal use, and I do not intend to sell them no matter how the prices develop.

I think I have the solution for this :P

Would it be possible to base the odds of making rare items based on the number of that item you have in storage+inventory? So, a person 'hoarding' would have very little chance of making a rare, but the average joe, who can't find one, would have the best chance of making one.

I think this would solve this issue at its core.

Please don't flame me over this, just think it over and post your thoughts :lurker: thanks....

It might have a formula like this: if the standard odds were 1/10000, the modified odds would be 1/(number you have x 10000).

EDIT: I made a post in suggestions for this, so it won't get lost in the sea of replies to the poll.

Edited by DogBreath