How much gold do you have?  

422 members have voted

1. 1. How much gold do you have?

• Under 10K
    • 10-50K
    • 51-100K
    • 101-200K
    • Over 200K
  2. 2. How many rare items do you have (rare stones)

• Under 2
    • 2-5
    • 6-10
    • 11-20
    • 21-30
    • Over 30
  3. 3. If you are hoarding, what is your intent?

• 1. Not hoarding
    • 2. Wait for prices to get higher, then sell.
    • 3. Saving for later use (armor, weapons, etc.)
    • 4. Collecting them
    • 5. Other (please describe)

I save for later use, but later in my case is usually just a few days away. My gc level can be 300k one day, and down to 20k the next.

hmm.. currenly I only have 11kgc in my sto, but other times it can be 300k, or even a million.

I do call myself a hoarder, have 24 rare stones in my sto and full ice/red dragon and full titanium/steel/iron, bought those armours for fun, I never fight :)

don't know if you call 'hoarding' when you are getting things for a big project tho. as I am working on a big crafting project myself.

i have under 10k gc, cause i usually spend every coin at once... i saved some enriched essies, cause i can use them almost all for engineering items like arrows, invasionmeter aso... i would say i just want to be prepared if friends ask me to make them things. i earn my gc with other things than selling rare items so i keep them.

BTW, this poll is probably lacking a question "what is total value of your gear in sto". Some people have like 100 gc but few millions worth weapons and armor.

Agreed, atm I only have 11kgc in my storage, but the worth of all my things goes well over 3 million and I think many more people have the same.

Atm

> 500k gc ( I Pk a lot so I dont class that as hoarding, more being practical having the cash at hand to replace breakages)

1 rosto ( normal 3-5 for invasions/instances)

3 Ele

For the purpose of what I have in mind, I am not interested in the 'net value' of player's possesions.

Care to elaborate ? :P

Edited by conavar

I have "a few" rare items in sto, and will collect more before I get the chance to use them, the trouble is that my levels are not high enough for me to make items with them. And since they are rare I'd rather keep them then having to buy new ones when I will need them.

I also have a few 100k harvestables and other items in sto, some for selling, but most for levelling my skills, and again some of it I can't use yet.

As to gc, well books are expensive!

All in all I don't consider what I do hoarding, just stocking up in preparation of training.

BTW, this poll is probably lacking a question "what is total value of your gear in sto". Some people have like 100 gc but few millions worth weapons and armor.

For the purpose of what I have in mind, I am not interested in the 'net value' of player's possesions.

That's gonna be some ebul purposes I bet :P

EDIT: smilie

Edited by RomanHD

Put me in the long term planning group. I dont believe there is a scarcity of 'rare' items personally. I just would rather hang onto what i have rather than sell to the few high end skillz0rs. (not voted)

That's gonna be some ebul purposes I bet :P

EDIT: smilie

Lol, not really.

it's just that I am interested in things that people actively trade, not stuff like weapons and armors that are for 'personal' use.

In my case it is just long-term planning, call it hoarding if you wish.

It is not possible to reach serious goals without serious stock of supplies.

Ditto. Harv Ings, wait for scholars or joules day, Then Mix. Of course, I do some mixing in between to keep up my stock of HE/SRS. Recently my bank has been around 50k to 100k, and its dipped to 5k whenever I see a good deal on market for something. Im saving up for NMT cape though. After that, Human 6 and maybe vegetal 6. I dont think you would consider that work to be hoarding, but Like her, I have long term goals in mind.

2 Bindings, 3 Enrich, 1 EME, and 3 EWE.

Edited by Nerdz

Under 10k gc... Under 1k even. But that's because of god expenses I made when I wasn't active, so I didn't care about my money...

I have over 30 rare items. I've got 23 ELE so it's not hard to get to 30 then.. I got a few of all stones (not removals) and enriched essences. But not really that many if you take them apart.

I tend not to sell rare stuff because well, it's obvious that they're not easy to get if nobody sells them :P

They are for future usage, though I don't know what that usage is going to be. But in any case, I do use them myself at times.

I voted this and that.

One of the reasons why we tend to hoard is that the % rate to get those rare items "enriched ess, stones" were set so low and in some cases = 0. With that in mind, every rare thing I come across I tend to hoard it. That and I just like collecting those rare sparkly enriched ess (I don't have that many compared to some)

I think I've read that you set the rate to 0 to prevent hoarding, but in actual fact you're encouraging it.

The "played a long time" counts as well - back when Serpent stones were as cheap as 300gc, I bet there are some old accounts with some 30+ of serp stones alone. Most of my own collection of rare items were from playing a long time.

I reckon most players are canny enough to wait until a recycling day or reconstruction (or any other nice special day I've forgotten) to dust off their enriched essies and stones to use them.

I often have expensive and rare items in my storage, I save them up, and give them to my friends as birthday presents. In my culture birthdays are more important than other gift giving holidays like Christmas.

The presents I give come from me, and are a message to my friends of how much they mean to me.

Shea

I see you have a spare rosto. My birthday is in April. *wink*

About 500kgc in sto.

Some rosts, 3 serps, 2 binds, EFE, 5 ELEs, a few EWEs.

Not hoarding, or planning to do so. I don't get any painful feelings selling or giving away any of the above mentioned items. :P

Edited by Cara

I'm a hoarder by nature, and am in rl too.

I like to keep a base amount of things I think are important only spend what I have above that amount, such as gc.

You know, just in case...some day...

158 votes and only 2 people admitted to waiting for prices to go up? now some of you are lieing

somewhat, if the prices went up big time id sell. But I save most of my enriched essies for whenever my CoL/armor breaks I can get another made np

I don't consider myself a hoarder, but just one COL uses 2 bindings and 6 eles plus other assorted rare items. To stay competitive I need to have a "stock" of these items. So it's not unusual to have 10 or more bindings and 30 or more eles (but not recently since eles are so hard to find.)

> 200k

5 rare stones, 5 enriched essences

I don't really hoard. (On purpose? :S)

My money is just important, as I plan on making expenses, I'm usually a pretty cheap person and don't spend too much and then I do spend too much when people will trade me a hug for something expensive and then I need to replace for myself. :P

I got 3 rostogols, afaik all from mining or fluffies, which I know I'll need at some point anyway, so I don't sell these. I also have 2 serpent stones that I got as drops and since I don't really like buying/selling/trading, merchanting all together, I haven't bothered to try and sell them and I'm not sure if I want to anyway, considering they might just be useful to me someday in the future.

I also have 5 EME, which I originally bought for the purpose of making something I wanted, but I ended up not getting it and now I'm just keeping these on me, undecided on wether I wanna use them in an item I want, or if I should just toss them at Molime. (Sorry guys, if these go, she's getting them, I promised. :P)

All in all, I wouldn't consider myself a hoarder, just maybe too lazy to be busy a lot with the market, I'm on there all day and if I'm lucky, at the end of the day I will count more then 1-2 adverts on it. xD

And I'm also a pretty indecisive person, I never know well what I should do.. "Sell this? Keep this? Hmmmmmmm....."

-Gohan

I don't hoard, not even close, i have 0 rare stones or enriched ess, and ive got less than 10k. Ive been harvesting quartz lately but i only have like 20k quartz.

I have 1 removal stone and 14 rostos (if I ever get some time to try the instance map that might go down ...) Since I train on armed orcs wearing leather I don't use them for training and I'm not tough enough to try to take on chims+ in invasions. Some may go to guildies especially if I make them some high end armor.

Serp Stones: 91 (saving for later use especially when I find the books to start making glowing swords and particularly after it becomes possible to make glowing titanium swords - projecting from the formulas for glowing iron and steel, I expect the titanium ones will require a smegload)

Binding Stones: 59 (I'll use them eventually to make stuff - depending how fast I can make hydro bars and how fast I can make/buy EFEs)

Enrichment Stones: 43 (I've been using these up slowly since EFEs have been so scarce

EFE: only 6 left - If I don't get more I'll have to use up some enrichment stones but that's why I have the enrichment stones saved

ELE: down to 4 - made some COLs and MOLs recently

EWE: 25 - hoping to use these to make glowing swords once I get the books found/read

EME: 6 - I'll be needing these for dragon scale armor and saving stones - probably won't waste one on an invasion meter if I only have this many

EDE: 7 - doesn't seem to be much call for bronze swords especially since they require an EFE also - maybe if a guildie wants to make Phantom stones I'll get rid of them that way

I'm a total hoarder. I have below 2 rare stones. Although I have nearly 300k gc I have over 350k of debts (which I promise I will pay back one day).

Whenever I decide to 'hoard' anything it's just for further use. I'm not interested in market enough to even attempt some speculations.