Eternal Lands Official Forums
Warlove_Bagpipe

Differ weapon attack frequence

I have some problem with searching similar ideas if I missed any then I'm sorry.

Idea is simple, each weapon would have different attack speed.

It could be done only in server side and should be quite easy to code.

To not charm current weapon balance, for existing weapons flowing(or similar) formula could be used:

we introducing any (new attack speed) = ?
(current attack speed) = 1;

(current weapon damage bonus per timespan) = (weapon damage bonus) * (current attack speed)
(new weapon damage bonus) = (weapon damage bonus)  /  (new attack speed)
(new weapon damage per timespan) = (new weapon damage bonus) * (new attack speed)

This well lead to:

(current weapon damage bonus per timespan) = (new weapon damage per timespan)

What are advantages of this feature?:

• more exciting fights visualisation (player with halberd attack, for example, 5 times slower then player with rapier)
  • more freedom to players (one could prefer strong and powerfully weapon and other one fast but week)
  • more chance to balance weapons, and more possibilities to design new weapon
  • possibilities to introduce new exotic weapon (extremely slow but powerfully, for example)
  • possibility to manipulate attack speed in future (by potions, spells, perks, player stats, player current load... etc.)

Ou, I forgot about one important thing. Attack and defence exp should be modified by attack speed also to keep the same average attack/defence exp per time span as follows:

(new attack exp) = (current attack exp) * (new attack speed)
(new defence exp) = (current defence exp) * (opponent new attack speed)

--

Sorry for bad English

OnyXa

Edited by knufasz

Firstly; search ftw.

Secondly; as i said last time this was suggested, increasing the frequency of some weapon's attacks gives bigger PK advantages to people with lower ping times... which certainly is not a good reason to deserve an advantage :wub:

The accuracy modifier has the same end effect as weapon speed anyway. (for the most part)

Edited by Korrode

Firstly; search ftw.

Then Im sorry (I was searching for words like frequency). Please remove or close this topic.

Secondly; as i said last time this was suggested, increasing the frequency of some weapon's attacks gives bigger PK advantages to people with lower ping times... which certainly is not a good reason to deserve an advantage

Actualy not if fastest weapon would have current attack speed.

Edited by knufasz

I don't think all weapons need to get a different speed. Like you say keep 'regular' weapons at the current speed. And perhaps make only the two handed weapons slower but have them deal more damage. I personally like high damage weapons because it gives you a chance to knock out your opponent with a lucky high hit when they happen to have low health.

Current speed is fast enough ;p Lower speeds could look nicer when you don't have 50+ fps or something :wub:

oh,what would that be good for?

do you want to take DPS here?

because that is probably what would happen...

everyone would use only the weapon with best damage per second,and there would be no improvement imo.

This is already happend. Every one use the weapon with best damage he can use (when one needs damage ofc). Im sure that there are players who wolud prefer different fight styles thats why i wrote about this idea. This will also brings adventages i wrote earlier. And yes, accuracy modifier works very similiar but when we would have two modifiers both of them could be changed (by spells/potions etc.) separtely which leads to more possibilities.

Aislinn please close this topic or move it here if possible. I promise to do more searching next time.

No, it doesn't happen now. Sure, many people use Jagged Saber (Good all-around weapon), but many people use OS for high damage, low accuracy. (You hit less, so it's basically, a slower, higher damage attack. Same with Halberd/Spear/etc). Well, really, Thermal Serp is the best all around weapon, but with an incredibly high price tag. I've seen people use Emerald Claymore in PK, lower-level players use Cutlass. The barely-used swords are Rapier and Sunbreaker, but we jave plenty of vairety as it is. With your suggestion, as jajohn said, people would just choose the weapon with the highest DPS.