Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Ateh

magic effect of summon stones

Yes this post is a reaction to getting killed on hydro runs so before you point that out i'll do it for you thanks

Basically whats the point in the stupid effect of those frickin summon stones??????

I allways thought they were a stupid idea, before I got killed because of them today, but now I definately think they are ridiculous

It doesnt make for much entertainment when you have trained a/d for fk knows how long just to be killed by a dozen 95gc summoning stones

Why remove the stupid effects they have ? This would make PK much more entertaining because people would have to actually use thier a/d and attributes and some real magic and not just buy 50 bear stones to win PK fights

the whole system of those effects stink , anyone can stand and click the stones , it takes zero skill to do it

so yeh my suggestion is remove the stupid effects of those stones so anyone who wants to fight in PK has to actually do so and not rely on cheap summoning stones to win the fight for them

flame or lock away

Lol, discussed so many times before, and I personally have always been opposed to removing them. I think one of the 'main' arguments against removing them is their availability; if someone kills you with 50 white tigers, then you can just buy 100 of the same stone to counter.

Why don't you just buy MI ess. if you dont like their 'stupid' effects? :closedeyes:

#Edit: and get skills to kill them? :confused:

Oh.. and a fluffy killed me.. remove them plox!!!11!1

Nah, stupid idea IMO. :)

Edited by MilK_ShaKe

Well, summoning stones are the main reason I quit fighting completely (pk used to be fun before), and that was even before magic effects were added to some of the animals (well, at least I think the stones were in game before the effects). Anyway, removing them or just adding major cooldown on them might help...

And when it comes to lvl summoning...well I'm lvl 31 atm, and I don't intend to make summoning stones ever...I'll just stick to the wolves/pumas/gargs to train summoning.

IMO summ stones are one of the worst additions to the game...

Skod

I like having summon stones, and i think it will be quite unfair for the people that made alot of summon stones them self.

Imo, having summon stones is a nice addition of the game.

Summon Stones are nice :)

And the effects are not only on the stones, the normal creatures have them too..

I would agree on a little more cooldown though

its not about being killed by a fluffy so ask to remove fluffys from the game , weve all been killed by something or other in the past and lost rostos or equipment , thats not the point

point is summon stones can completely negate any training youve done to be able to level your a/d , whats the point in being 100 a/d ranks above someone if all they have to do to kill you is summon a dozen bears to burn your mana / white tigers to cause cooldown ??

if the summon stones at least lost thier magical effects , they could still catch a diss or two , just without the effects of mana burn / cooldown

im glad at least one other person who posted here agrees that summon stones are crap

anyway after todays charade im not bothering with hydro runs anymore for anyone , not even guild members , and im going to pull a skoda and not go to PK either 'cos I just think its ridiculous to have things like those stones in the game that are so cheap to get hold of yet have the power to make any a/d training you have done worthless

its not about being killed by a fluffy so ask to remove fluffys from the game , weve all been killed by something or other in the past and lost rostos or equipment , thats not the point

point is summon stones can completely negate any training youve done to be able to level your a/d , whats the point in being 100 a/d ranks above someone if all they have to do to kill you is summon a dozen bears to burn your mana / white tigers to cause cooldown ??

if the summon stones at least lost thier magical effects , they could still catch a diss or two , just without the effects of mana burn / cooldown

im glad at least one other person who posted here agrees that summon stones are crap

anyway after todays charade im not bothering with hydro runs anymore for anyone , not even guild members , and im going to pull a skoda and not go to PK either 'cos I just think its ridiculous to have things like those stones in the game that are so cheap to get hold of yet have the power to make any a/d training you have done worthless

As I said, use MAGIC IMMUNITY? :)

Same effect as when the magical effects are removed from those stones, right? :evilgrin:

Yeah, it seems to me there are a myriad of means to avert death by mass-summons:

-As above, use the Magic Immunity spell or wear Bronze armour. The former of which, if I'm not mistaken, puts the chance of a random effect to 0%, while the latter considerably reduces this number.

-Avoid taking perks like ICD, train A/D above the level of the summon, use the best armour and weapon combination available, prime ready with booster pots + Restore ingredients and sit it out.

-Disengage + teleport out.

I'm sure there are many, many more strategies, though I am not a fighter so my knowledge on strategy is, at best, bad. However, the most obvious thing that occurs is option #3, and better yet the people who unleash zoos lose all the gold. Or of course, you could always just summon back...

Reiterating on my previous post slightly: summoning stones are powerful if used correctly, however they are balanced by the fact it's a risk to use them (ie. it is very likely most actual summons are a waste of gold, the emu needed for stones is demanding, etc.) and there are ways to defend against players who use them.

-As above, use the Magic Immunity spell or wear Bronze armour. The former of which, if I'm not mistaken, puts the chance of a random effect to 0%, while the latter considerably reduces this number.

On a hydro run , not likely to be using MI ? obviously thats now 2 less spaces for s2e is your suggestion ? fair enough ;)

-Avoid taking perks like ICD, train A/D above the level of the summon, use the best armour and weapon combination available, prime ready with booster pots + Restore ingredients and sit it out.

are you kidding me ?? im 92/97 a/d with 30/48 p/c I can kill a bear in 2 hits the problem is A. the magic effect happens TOO OFTEN and B. theres virtually naff all cooldown on them so killing 1 in 2 hits means nothing when they can summon them as fast as you can strike them down and every 2 bear summons is going to cause a mana burn due to insane high chance of magic effect

-Disengage + teleport out.

not good enough at all, not when your diss is caught by another 3 bears due to the fact cooldown is virtually non existent on the stones

I'm sure there are many, many more strategies, though I am not a fighter so my knowledge on strategy is, at best, bad.

doesnt change the fact summon stones are over powered and dont have enough cooldown

I mean theres absolutely zero balance when you compare the cooldown on a summon stone to the cooldown on a Potion of Spirit Restoration

player A could summon 10 stones in the time it takes for 1 SR to cooldown, which is ridiculous

On a hydro run , not likely to be using MI ? obviously thats now 2 less spaces for s2e is your suggestion ? fair enough ;)

You could take those essences but You decided not to, you were greedy so you died.

I dont like stones neither but you just made me laugh. :)

are you kidding me ?? im 92/97 a/d with 30/48 p/c I can kill a bear in 2 hits the problem is A. the magic effect happens TOO OFTEN and B. theres virtually naff all cooldown on them so killing 1 in 2 hits means nothing when they can summon them as fast as you can strike them down and every 2 bear summons is going to cause a mana burn due to insane high chance of magic effect

A: Whether it happens too often isn't really an issue to be discussed-- there are ways to defend against the magic attacks; use them or expect to get hurt.

B: Hmm, I always thought there was a cooldown on summoning stones. Certainly, something like 5-10 seconds seems reasonable, if it's not that already.

doesnt change the fact summon stones are over powered and dont have enough cooldown

Difference between a fact and an opinion here, the above statement is an example of the latter.

ya and u have energy ess on u anyways no? so it's only 1 more inv slot for MI ess... thats the price u pay for protection VS cooldown/mana burn on those stones.

Your lack of PK skill and/or forethought is no good reason to adjust these stones ;)

Basically whats the point in the stupid effect of those frickin summon stones??????

I would say the best would be the summon stones to have the effect, plus 1-5% chance of breaking MI.

That would be realy nice in PK

Question: do summons disappear if the summoner is killed?

Suggestions: If they don't, it would probably be fair if they did (as if they don't know who controls them anymore so they disappear back to the Unknown). Another suggestion might be to make it impossible to summon more than 5-10 summons at the same time by one person. This would probably change little, since when you fight, you kill most of the summons, and the summoner can always add more. As well as that, the same effect that Ateh is talking about can be easily achieved by 3-4 summoners (and then it's their problem to decide who's fault was it that their victim had a rosto). Anyway, if you're able to stand againts 10 or so bears, you can just attack the summoner, who, at that moment, can not summon any more. I hope you get my point.

As a mixer I will use any tool available to me to get done what is needed. On the rare occasions i do still fight, I will also try to do whatever I can to protect myself and to make sure my opponent doesn't get away. Summon stones are a mere tool for a pker.

Casting MI before you leave the fluff cave in Imbro is only gonna get more important. Hunting hydrorunners is the thing to do, so if you are gonna keep doing hydro, best get ready and willing to protect yourself. I know mages that are a lot more dangerous for you without MI on, than some summonstones would be. If a guy like Dugur were to cast harm on you, i guarantee you would respawn in hell a whole lot quicker than from some guy with a few summons.

With all that in mind: No, summon stones are fine as they are, and do not need any changes.

If a guy like Dugur were to cast harm on you, i guarantee you would respawn in hell a whole lot quicker than from some guy with a few summons.

With all that in mind: No, summon stones are fine as they are, and do not need any changes.

Correct Dugur would be faster - but he has worked hard to get the levels and spent pp to have that power.

Zoo summoners have simply spent a couple of thousand gc and clicked like mad.

If a guy like Dugur were to cast harm on you, i guarantee you would respawn in hell a whole lot quicker than from some guy with a few summons.

Correct Dugur would be faster - but he has worked hard to get the levels and spent pp to have that power.

Zoo summoners have simply spent a couple of thousand gc and clicked like mad.

Still, there are ways to at least protect yourself from at least getting killed. MI doesn't require huge magic skills, and invisi pots aren't all too expensive if you really wanted to be extra cautious.

if you trained hard your a/d and die of 12 bear stones then you suck, and you deserved to die lol

same goes for tigers/armed orcs and such :)

and getting hydro shouldnt be riskless :P

Edited by Peach

Using objects "Like" summon stones make PK fun imo, you can always get MI if you dont want to get mana burned or w/e

Its unfair for the people that make them, or sell them often, so people might stop playing EL, cause of problems like this.

Everything has a solution. "MI"

Removing magic effects from Summon stones causes problems and effects the Gameplay.

So your idea is to remove an option in EL instead of adding? PK maps are dangerous, thats why we have diss rings etc :)

Now i will be offtopic.

Are the summoned creatures attack invi characters?

On topic

The way to the hydro is concepted that way to be easily ambushed, to promote the team play. If you go there 5-6 in full gear you will have better chance to survive and in one run you can get more hydro. And if you are taking rosto with you than you should go in top gear.

i think the effects are fine for summoning stones, but i agree that summoning stones should have a 10 second+ cooldown before you can

use another, however if you are summoning you should be able to cast however many you can, because that is SKILL whereas there aint no skill

in using a summon stone