Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shujral

Removing TS effect

Would you like to see the a/d reducing effects of TS potions removed?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, would you like to see other changes made? (changes to mobs, spawns, etc.)

• Yes (please post and elaborate)
    • NO

doesnt like 80% of TS pots go to NPC already :doze: ?

No clue. I just thought that it would be polite and correct to consider more than just one side of the TS deal.

why would anyone want to consider the other people of EL ?

*edit* its not like the vote at the moment ( after the fact ) is even, i mean really nathan why would anyone want to listen to the 82 people who voted no compared to the 80 people who voted yes?

Edited by Ateh

why would anyone want to listen to the 82 people who voted no compared to the 80 people who voted yes?

Because for all we know the bulk of the people who voted no could be the type of people who are inept enough to consider being PK'ed in a PK map a 'crime' and think the game should be changed to suit their lack of skill and/or forethought!

Imagine if crucial game changes were made based on the opinions of people like that, lol.

:doze:

armed orcs suck because to do them u have to ruin ur build...then go to fluf/cyc and ur p/c/v are all screwd. ..

What? o,O'

Ogres give more xp than armed orc per hour UNLESS you do multi ;) But to do multi they hit a crapload and you need decent toughness to reduce damage or dext. Have heard that someone with ogre build can't do armed orcs aswell :doze:

Mabey I'm wrong?

Ogres give more xp than armed orc per hour UNLESS you do multi :D But to do multi they hit a crapload and you need decent toughness to reduce damage or dext. Have heard that someone with ogre build can't do armed orcs aswell :doze:

Mabey I'm wrong?

Well, you said something about doing armed orcs screws up ones attrib build for clops/fluff later:

armed orcs suck because to do them u have to ruin ur build...then go to fluf/cyc and ur p/c/v are all screwd...
and that's not the case. When you're ready to go from Ogres to Armed orcs you maybe wear a little better armor if you were using cheap stuff on Ogres and take like 4 more phys, and u will be able to box females and bone males (horrid imagery out of context i know)... you'll want more phys and coord for clops later; so it doesn't 'ruin' anything.

Plus, Radu is making adjustments to the Armed male and female orcs to make them better training :) ...i doubt Ogre will be better exp for someone ~70 a/d when they cant TS and Armed orcs have reduced respawn ;)

Edited by Korrode

why would anyone want to listen to the 82 people who voted no compared to the 80 people who voted yes?

Because for all we know the bulk of the people who voted no could be the type of people who are inept enough to consider being PK'ed in a PK map a 'crime' and think the game should be changed to suit their lack of skill and/or forethought!

Imagine if crucial game changes were made based on the opinions of people like that, lol.

:doze:

so people who dont PK aren't allowed an opinion ? nice .......

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand."

lol multi orc? there ignore lvl is 51 def GL killing one with tht :pickaxe:

Dangit man I hate to imbarass you on forums so I'll do it via ingame pm :)

Ogres give more xp than armed orc per hour UNLESS you do multi :) But to do multi they hit a crapload and you need decent toughness to reduce damage or dext. Have heard that someone with ogre build can't do armed orcs aswell :icon13:

Mabey I'm wrong?

Well, you said something about doing armed orcs screws up ones attrib build for clops/fluff later:

armed orcs suck because to do them u have to ruin ur build...then go to fluf/cyc and ur p/c/v are all screwd...
and that's not the case. When you're ready to go from Ogres to Armed orcs you maybe wear a little better armor if you were using cheap stuff on Ogres and take like 4 more phys, and u will be able to box females and bone males (horrid imagery out of context i know)... you'll want more phys and coord for clops later; so it doesn't 'ruin' anything.

Plus, Radu is making adjustments to the Armed male and female orcs to make them better training :) ...i doubt Ogre will be better exp for someone ~70 a/d when they cant TS and Armed orcs have reduced respawn :confused:

Even with full steel it's like 1 resto per male iirc :s

Hey if the spawn time is reduced then orcs will be great :)

Edited by Sir_Exeus

I really like all those changes,creating new spawns of anything is good

I don't know anything about FCW/MCW stats but if they say it is good...

armed orcs were really unused,great that they are now more trainable

lol multi orc? there ignore lvl is 51 def GL killing one with tht :icon13:

oh,don't tell me you never heard of magic...

it IS able to train multi even on creatures ignoring you.

hard,but possible

Even with full steel it's like 1 resto per male iirc :s

This greatly depends on your build, not only on armor. For me armed orcs were great and I loved to train on them. I really hated to move to cycs but oh well, that's how the things were. On orcs I was restoring every 3-4 of them (mix of male and female). Well, I had no fail restore at that time and was restoring for roughly 200 hp. The only issue might be exp/hr but since the a/d experts were lobbying for that change, I'll wait until people who are now at ogre/orcs levels actually test that after the change and comment here.

Edit : I was never using muticombat on orcs, instead I was always using multispawns :icon13: Shorter respawn time introduced now might cause training on multispawns more difficult since the orc that respawns earlier might wander off further, thus time saved on respawn will be lost on chasing it (assumption, needs to be tested).

Edited by Cruella

well, i'm in ogres marathon :wub: so i'll need TS effect unless changes to mobs being given or as ent said, some new 'bridge' monsters being added to the game, so if such changes are going to be made, i'm down for removing that effect :wub:

SO Yes to remove

and Yes to changes!

I'd rather see some nice new monsters than use TS.

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

Best idea in this thread.

I second that :wub:

I 3rd that! And finaly the PH perk will have its real negative effect :wub:

I'd rather see some nice new monsters than use TS.

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

Best idea in this thread.

I second that :wub:

I 3rd that! And finaly the PH perk will have its real negative effect :wub:

PH perk does have a negative effect, it's just a sacrifice many consider worth it... hence why it only gives 3 pickpoints :)

I can't believe there are people in EL who think they have the "right" to abuse a flaw that should not even exist.
If it had been acknowledged as a bug in the first month (even if not removed right away) then I'd agree. But it's been a legal way to train for a long time so the natural assumption is that it's officially approved.

Note: I'm not saying if I'm for or against, just making a comment.

;)

Seems you are one of those people. And im sure you have use ts to your advantage. Now you want it removed to suit the way you want to play now. You have a oppinion on everything try not voicing it so often to the piont your annoying. I see many of the people who wish to remove it are hmm very high lvl a/d and have gotten those lvls in the past 2 years using the effect of TS. Or are harvestors that train very little.

What is your reasoning for these high lvl players to not want others to have the same advantages that they had. And that whole this will cut down on spawn serping idea make zero sence. Being i walked into fero cave today and i seen nothing but serping going on.

If the mosters are to be made better say for drops and or faster spawn times for exp. So that not so many people are training on the same monster. When would this take effect and why has it been so long? Im just frustrated with this whole topic makes no sence to remove ts so people have to move to the next monster when that monster is junk.

Edited by Scorpion_King

Not only high leveled fighters think so. I am 70kish in a/d which would meant perfect for TSing down to ogres, yet I agree with removing TS. Why? Because it was never meant to be "training potion". The a/d decrease was meant to be penalty, not benefit from it.

Isn't this a moot point now? The deed is done.

Well, lowering your stats to ts sucks IMO, you shouldn't make urself weaker just for more exp

Firstly, I didnt agree w/ removing ts effect, but now i see we will benefit from it. I bet Radu will soon add some new mobs or modify the stats of the existing ones to make us happy. So dont be sad, it'll all be ok in the end ;)

:)

Seems you are one of those people. And im sure you have use ts to your advantage. Now you want it removed to suit the way you want to play now.

What a load of crap.

Here is me in August of 2007 supporting the removal of the TS side-effect:

http://www.eternal-lands.com/forum/index.p...st&p=375565

It's not like i've just started supporting this idea now, at my current a/d.