Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shujral

Removing TS effect

Would you like to see the a/d reducing effects of TS potions removed?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, would you like to see other changes made? (changes to mobs, spawns, etc.)

• Yes (please post and elaborate)
    • NO

I'd rather see some nice new monsters than use TS.

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

Yes and Yes.... (and yes please!)

Or maybe keep the a/d penalty but have it wear off - regardless of food level.

As for the effect on ts pot for potters - I believe that the production way outstrips demand as it is - so not a big difference.

As for bridge monsters - I am not sure where you mean.

Someone suggested a bridge between ogre & DCW - now that is hysterical as others have pointed out. (poor over killed Mr Fluffy)

I think that there is a nice progression - ogre-armed orc-clops-fluffy-feros-dcw-fcw - yes astro does affect such that sometimes you train one, sometimes the other. The main issue I see here is the lack of suitable armed orc spawns - Hurq is one - and evtr cave (but pk)

Is there not a gap between MCW & Yeti?

Voted yes/yes.

As we all know dedicated a/d trainers seek maximum exp/hr at minimum cost. Maybe if we had 'bridge' monsters giving competitive exp some players would finally move up from low level stuff they stay on for ages. I'm afraid however that would not solve the problem entirely.

The truth is people stay on relatively weak monsters forever since it is risk(break)-free and provides small but constant income and exp as well. They also use a minimal amount of resources (HE's and SR's) so they can keep spawn forever and train for hours without a need to restock.

Very few players bash higher level mobs with swords as soon as they can barely survive such fight. I wish we had a way to encourage people to do it more and reward them for doing that, rather than force them to endless hours of boxing mobs being semi-afk with minimal risk of dying, resources use or gear breakage risk.

Perhaps a solution would be exp rising or decreasing exponentially rather than linear, depending on what is the difference between yours and monster's a/d or CL.

Same rule applied to drops as well (more gc's and bigger chance for special drops the weaker you are and the more challenging your enemy is) would surely convince people to move to higher level mobs faster but unfortunately I have no answer here how to prevent abuse like high level fighter taking mob to 1 hp and low level killing it for higher value drop. In order to introduce such changes, TS pots effect would have to be entirely removed as well.

Putting it in very simple words - when your levels are perfect for dchims, you should be entirely discouraged to go train on feros and rather encouraged to go kill yetis for way higher drops and exp than on chims (but facing severe risk and using lots of resources).

Now this is just wishful thinking, I don't know how difficult such solution would be to code on the server side but I guess it is some food for thought, just my 2 cents.

Edited by Cruella

Hey Radu lets assume this makes a certain couple of monsters more worthwhile to train single spawn, can we make some changes to the Battle hammers to make them good for training?

Say, remove all the def and acc negs (maybe even give a small acc bonus), even bigger negs to crit-damage and tighten up the damage range? Like:

Wooden Battle Hammer: 10-12 dmg, -12 crit-dmg, +3 acc

Iron Battle Hammer: 18-20 dmg, -12 crit-dmg, +3 acc

^^

Actually i'll just wait to see what these 'bridge monsters' are before making any kind of suggestion about anything :rolleyes:

Edited by Korrode

Voted Yes/Yes

Totally agree with cruella and the idea of gc=mob lvl/your lvl * x and something like that with exps.

I am one of those who like to kill high level monsters,but I can't really go from cycs to forest chims...

so anything what would free some fluffy/feros/DCW spawns from ppl more powerfull then needed would be great

Yes/Yes.

TS was supposed to give penalty, not more XP at training.

Bridging monsters would be lovely. Ogres-cyclops is one of these holes (maybe just tweak armed orcs a bit, give them like +40/+50hp and faster respawn time with a little reduction of their criticals? Just wondering...)

voted no,yes

i think it would be sufficient to remove the stacking behaviour of TS pots.

To adjust a/d by 8 levels will still allow to have some adjustment possibility where necessary and imho already reduce the negative effects (staying too long on low creature).

Since i'm now on the ogre run, it would be nice to have some new bridge creature after ogre (-8), but i'd not start whining if there aint.

off topic:

@raz, never seen armed orcs in ida mines ? :rolleyes:

@cruella: of course it would be nice to fight higher creatures for a/d training, but you know well enough that only NMT owners can afford training with COL and tit set in the long run.

So we have contradicting interests here, high break rate is good for the economy, but prevents this desirable training behaviour on higher creatures. Dont blame the a/d trainers for that, they just adapt to whats given imho.

@cruella: of course it would be nice to fight higher creatures for a/d training, but you know well enough that only NMT owners can afford training with COL and tit set in the long run.

So we have contradicting interests here, high break rate is good for the economy, but prevents this desirable training behaviour on higher creatures. Dont blame the a/d trainers for that, they just adapt to whats given imho.

Getting NMT is relatively easy, it is just like 180-200k of silver or coal to harvest. If you spend some time you spend on ogres harving, you'll get NMT. You'll have to do that sooner or later so it is better to do it as soon as possible.

High break rate means nothing when discussed in isolation from creature drops value. As you might have noticed I was suggesting to make drops more rewarding to not only compensate possible loss but also provide income better than given by boxing low level mobs.

Getting NMT is relatively easy, it is just like 180-200k of silver or coal to harvest.

thats not easy at all. I play for 10 months now and am miles away from so much money.

I prefer playing the game instead of retiring 2 months for silver harvesting only, just to play slightly different. And if you play the game with participating in invasions and instances, your money melts fast enough.

But i have no solution for that problem either. :rolleyes:

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

Yes, good idea, make it like summoning. :rolleyes:

Getting NMT is relatively easy, it is just like 180-200k of silver or coal to harvest.

thats not easy at all. I play for 10 months now and am miles away from so much money.

I prefer playing the game instead of retiring 2 months for silver harvesting only, just to play slightly different. And if you play the game with participating in invasions and instances, your money melts fast enough.

But i have no solution for that problem either. :closedeyes:

This is entirely off topic but ... stay focused and accept the fact that in order to PLAY you need often to WORK in Eternal Lands, to raise sufficient funds. I'm sure NMT early bought saves tonnes of effort in a future to replace broken stuff. And it takes much shorter than 2 months to accomplish, believe me ;-). Instances melt money ? :confused: I must have been doing something wrong ...

Yes, good idea, make it like summoning. :)

I totally agree, that would certainly alter the TS issue. However, I am still for the removal of it's "negative" effect and replacing it by, let's say something like gelatine bones perk effect. You begin at 5 additional damage and every minute of having positive food (essential), this penalty would fade of by 1 additional damage less per minute.

But i have no solution for that problem either. :closedeyes:

This is entirely off topic but ... stay focused and accept the fact that in order to PLAY you need often to WORK in Eternal Lands, to raise sufficient funds. I'm sure NMT early bought saves tonnes of effort in a future to replace broken stuff. And it takes much shorter than 2 months to accomplish, believe me ;-). Instances melt money ? :confused: I must have been doing something wrong ...

Don't lie Gil, last two instances you have been with me, we certainly earned a good money, didn't we? :) Besides, this is really offtopic and straying the thread. The issue is about TS "penalty" and bridging creatures IIRC.

I voted Yes/Yes , first to the TS effect i voted yes for several reasons: One is for the uber exp ppl get (me) and all the multi trainers.

Yesterday i managed to do this on single feros spwn.

bnvbn.jpg

some ppl say im greedy and want all the exp to my self etc , and want the game modified so it works better for me. Not true im am sure i am more then capeable to go to either MCW/yeti atm with the setup i have (all i need is more phys) but when i TS i get tht exp (which i would never get5 w/o TS) those are the reasons for the second reasons for second Yes. But my suggestion follows korrodes suggestions on the "changing chims location".

#edit Tht screeni was yesterday , with really high a/d and low phys .

Edited by SenZon

May I suggest that we consider the potion makers and not just the fighters? Will it effect the potion market? I imagine that is has the potential. It won't hurt it, will it? Please check on this.

May I suggest that we consider the potion makers and not just the fighters? Will it effect the potion market? I imagine that is has the potential. It won't hurt it, will it? Please check on this.

Don't fluffys still drop more TS pots than trainers can use ?

Yes and Yes...

Something between ogres and clops would be nice.

Hmmm Dont People Train Armed Orcs anymore, which are the natural bridging monsters between ogres and clops ?, maybe reducing Armed Orc spawn time a touch would help.

Maybe if a mob is needed to bridge them (Imo A.Orc fills this fine) then maybe tweaking something like the Lion's stats to make it used might be good

Not sure Nathan tbh, but I know for sure if the Ts effect is removed from the potions I for one will use them more in PK/Invasions(invis bjers)

Ok Players will more than likely flame me now, but Imo high XP per hour mobs shouldnt also give good drops (wether that be items or Gc) it just adds another reason why players are unwilling to move on.

Each mob should either give good xp or good drops not both.

Note: People wont like this but Imo Nmt/arti capes should only be dropped by the high ends mobs Ac,Giant,Dragon and maybe added as one of the Random Instance boss drops (very small chance off drop compared to the other items).

(and no I cant train Ac,Giant etc, so im kinda cutting my own throat)

Don't fluffys still drop more TS pots than trainers can use ?

MCW drop TS pots.

And given the market price of TS pot is already at that of NPC buy price - this will have little or no effect.

This is entirely off topic but ...

yes it is, stay focused on topic pls

Don't lie Gil, last two instances you have been with me, we certainly earned a good money, didn't we? :confused: Besides, this is really offtopic and straying the thread. The issue is about TS "penalty" and bridging creatures IIRC.

no i lost money, but that was unusual cause first time we couldnt finish and second i lost a rosto.

i dont go to instance for money btw :closedeyes:

Hmmm Dont People Train Armed Orcs anymore, which are the natural bridging monsters between ogres and clops ?, maybe reducing Armed Orc spawn time a touch would help.

Maybe if a mob is needed to bridge them (Imo A.Orc fills this fine) then maybe tweaking something like the Lion's stats to make it used might be good

+1 for making Kusa more used.

Note: People wont like this but Imo Nmt/arti capes should only be dropped by the high ends mobs Ac,Giant,Dragon and maybe added as one of the Random Instance boss drops (very small chance off drop compared to the other items).

agreed. I personally think there are enough NMT's ingame atm, but if something *must* drop them, I don't think it should be fluffs and feros.

I think the potion market will be fine, there will always be demand for SR's, a/d pots, etc.

This is entirely off topic but ...

yes it is, stay focused on topic pls

Please do the same since you've started it by mentioning NMT, which has little to do with the topic of this post, except that it is even more needed when you TS lol.

Bad idea..Why ???

With atributes cap and remove TS effect treining will be much harder.... 120 a/d char with ~124 oa enough pp for do Feroses /Dcw wits TSing, but now even 130 a/d char with 130 oa aint enough to train yetis..

And not too much active trainers for do PVP so another fighters/trainers will quit EL.

And now something for mixing and harving ho's - if you train 1 day in every month, just gtfo and go mix more, and dont talk bullshits, kkthx bhai

Another idea is.. maby make atributes cap @ 60's ? than with more coord/phi Yetis would be easier ?

doesnt like 80% of TS pots go to NPC already :) ?

okay, this is a bit off topic, but...you really believe it's 80%?! I've never sold TS pots to NPC personally so I'm actually curious about this.

On Topic: another option would be a sliding scale of TS dependent upon a/d, or has this already been mentioned?