Eternal Lands Official Forums
Sign in to follow this  
Shujral

Removing TS effect

Would you like to see the a/d reducing effects of TS potions removed?  

206 members have voted

1. 1. Yes/No?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If so, would you like to see other changes made? (changes to mobs, spawns, etc.)

• Yes (please post and elaborate)
    • NO

voted yes and yes

I do not believe a negative effect should be used as a reward. Perhaps poison or a temp gellie bone effect could be used as an alternate negative.

Armed orcs and cyclops are the bridge to fluffies. That is what I am currently training on, so of course adjust them to make them more trainable, pretty please. Seriously, minor adjustment would be nice, I did not shift to armed orcs and every now and again cyclops because ogres and tsed did not give better xp, but because i wanted to kill new things and the spawns are usually not crowded.

Some new mobs like high lvl undead, dinosaurs, or high lvl animals would be great. I think lions with adjustment could make an alternate to ogres, but for bridging maybe tigers could be adjusted. Regular tigers: increase a/d 20 or so lvls, more hps, and reduce crit and dex, for the white tigers: increase a/d and hp maybe even more than regular tigers, but do not reduce their attributes. That will keep them nasty for us noobs.

Higher lvl bridges or adjustments will be needed to or after yeti, but not sure as it is out of my depth and experience.

disclaimers- i am noob and i speak, stutter and scribble in 2 languages, bad english and worse.

Bad idea..Why ???

With atributes cap and remove TS effect treining will be much harder.... 120 a/d char with ~124 oa enough pp for do Feroses /Dcw wits TSing, but now even 130 a/d char with 130 oa aint enough to train yetis..

Have you ever considered that maybe you don't have a undeniable right to train easily? Maybe 130 will become a sort of "soft" cap

And not too much active trainers for do PVP so another fighters/trainers will quit EL.

If mobs became "untrainable" there certainly would be more people who needed to pvp, no?

And now something for mixing and harving ho's - if you train 1 day in every month, just gtfo and go mix more, and dont talk bullshits, kkthx bhai

what the hell is your deal?

Cool, I can hog fluffies with my current stats for endless hours again then, with TS I last about 2 to 2 and a half hours only.

Personally I like things the way they are, but anyway...

I am really wondering why this thing is here or who came up with this and whatever brought this up? That's just one thing I'd like to know. I'll just go with the changes otherwise.

-Gohan

I have calculate and i go almost 7 hours on a feros spwn w/o restocking even with -15 TS, i know i am more then capeable to go to MCW or even Yeti , according to my calculations/testing i would get around 250k/h on MCW and 200k/h on yeti. Because of TS'ing to -15 i can get 360k/h with low risk , wont brake armors etc. I am happy with this? Yes. But should it be changed? Yes. As you see its not to my benifit but to "help" "fix" the game a bit (not that it needs any fixing) but maybe improve it a liltle.

It was brought up that a bridge monster from ogre to cyc could be the armed orc.. in this case. they need to be tweeked.

maybe if they ~150-200 health. slightly lower their crit chance. then it may be worth while to train them..

also add more spawns for them :)

Bad idea..Why ???

With atributes cap and remove TS effect treining will be much harder.... 120 a/d char with ~124 oa enough pp for do Feroses /Dcw wits TSing, but now even 130 a/d char with 130 oa aint enough to train yetis..

And not too much active trainers for do PVP so another fighters/trainers will quit EL.

And now something for mixing and harving ho's - if you train 1 day in every month, just gtfo and go mix more, and dont talk bullshits, kkthx bhai

Another idea is.. maby make atributes cap @ 60's ? than with more coord/phi Yetis would be easier ?

Voted Yes & Yes. more bridge mobs pl0x. or raise attribute caps ->60. atm to even block a yeti you need 136~ def and 36 or so instinct (48 Coord).

tbh, i would love to see attributes cap raised to 60. make the cutlass used again, because a cutlass atm does less then 10dmg per hit on dragon armors.

-Sabbath

Armed Orcs don't drop squat and by the time you get to them, you're past aggro. I know, I know, it's not an "afk" game, but after a while, armed orcs feel like bunny click fests. EVTR is great for magic training with orcs, but clops drop better and the fights last longer.

Armed Orcs are still moot: By the time you get there using the usual EL training methods (low p/c, minimum gear), you've spent weeks on ogres. WEEKS! Seriously! It was like a month, even with TS and two free spawns in a small room.

So, yes, I think another bridge creature would be good, but I don't see the point in get rid of TS. I can see the "loophole" aspect, and yes, training in EL is a bit counter intuitive, but TS is just part of the strategy.

Taking away an element or option for how to train is limiting. EL is about choices and coming up with your own strategies.

I voted No, Yes.

Ive begun to TS on ogres, partly because Armed orcs give crappy drops. Ogres drop 3 capes (mirror, BP,MM-Ive heard NMT but I have yet to see it), armed orcs only drops HE , SRS and BR-wth? Increase rare drops for Armed Orcs and I may move on. I get more Exp for ogres than I do with Orcs for the same resource usage.

Most ppl dont like PK map training but Armed Orcs in EVTR is awesome.

Don't know if its still there, but at the time i got nice xp training the 4 double armed orc spawn in Ida mines.

I voted No, Yes.

Ive begun to TS on ogres, partly because Armed orcs give crappy drops. Ogres drop 3 capes (mirror, BP,MM-Ive heard NMT but I have yet to see it), armed orcs only drops HE , SRS and BR-wth? Increase rare drops for Armed Orcs and I may move on. I get more Exp for ogres than I do with Orcs for the same resource usage.

The drops on armed orcs are not the problems i think. i believe they drop battle hammers and what nots too. which can be sold for gc's at trik.. this adds up after plenty of time training.

like ive said before.. lower the crit rate on them and raise the health to ~150-200.. and i guess like some one else said. make their ignore lvl higher *though i dont mind them not attacking me*

Not every monster should give you nice drops and exp , like Armed orcs @ 4x armed orc in EVTR is way better then TS'ing Ogres if you do it right.... and like cockatrices are nice drops but bad exp..

I voted No, Yes.

The drops on armed orcs are not the problems i think. i believe they drop battle hammers and what nots too. which can be sold for gc's at trik.. this adds up after plenty of time training.

No, ogres drop the good "whatnots" for Trik. Orcs drop leather pants and steel helms and that's about it.

I'd rather see some nice new monsters than use TS.

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

Best idea in this thread.

How about an easy, plain yet powerful solution?

Calculate XP from original A/D instead of TSed, that way, it's the penalty preserved, while no bonus to A/D is made.

Khalai that sounds good if it tags along with "bridging" mobs and changing some locations and more spwns ;)

#edit

More Armed orcs , forest chims and Mountain chims imo :)

Edited by SenZon

I always thought casting spells should be possible with positive food only - that would eliminate the problem of TSed training totally.

I second that ;)

.. and i guess like some one else said. make their ignore lvl higher *though i dont mind them not attacking me*

Radu has already said (see serping thread) that he isnt a fan of ppl taking up multiple spawns, so I can see him raising the ignore level just so more players can multi train

Khalai that sounds good if it tags along with "bridging" mobs and changing some locations and more spwns ;)

#edit

More Armed orcs , forest chims and Mountain chims imo :)

Of course, every change of TS presumes some changes to the mobs as well :)

I second that :)

What do you second? More monsters than TS or the Casting spells with positive food only.

Becuase your suppose to be using the mana within to cast spells, not your physical power so why would you need food?

I guess I would rather see diffrent monsters (Not more monsters we already have ingame) than having ts.

;)

Edited by Kalix

The first thing that comes to mind are the people at the top end of the A/D scale. Those who have already been emasculated by the attributes cap, and need the TS effect to train mobs that won't break everything they own. I don't think people should be blamed for preferring to train Chimeras over getting beat up by Yeti. I suppose if a monster was introduced before Yeti --> (monster x here) this problem would be eliminated, though.

Some other concerns come to mind, though:

-How would this affect the demand for TS Potions? Is it reasonable to assume the majority of this type are used specifically for training? If so, then surely it will be added to that nefarious list of 'Items never used' (along with weapons, certain armours, etc.).

-What happens to people recovering from reset? Perhaps I'm just being lazy, but I use TS potions whenever I train to maximise my A/D experience for my extremely weak build. If this was removed, I guess it'd be forced to either use my resources to the point of poverty (see: frustrating), or relentlessly batter critters that die within a few hits (see: repetitive).

I'm usually busy training my other skills. I try to get a decent spawn when I'm close to leveling A/D, but that is next to impossible. I get most of my A/D exp from hunting the creatures I need (furs, feathers, horns). It would be nice to be able to take on some of the big tough monsters, especially during invasions. I can just barely handle 1 yeti, so multiple yetis coming after me (all at once or one right after another) will turn me into a little brown bag. I don't know if more spawns is the answer, but a little more consideration from spawn hogs would help a lot.

Yes and Yes...

Something between ogres and clops would be nice.

;) At least I'm not the only one. :lurker: